• Please log in to reply
264 replies to this topic

#101 fuggles

fuggles

title available

• Members
  • 4,849 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 08:33 PM

Okay doke. My biggest regret at this point is that the wolf lord needs some OE work to make the weapons show up properly - the chainsword becomes a powersword in combat. Seem a bit - OP, the AI wins about 66% of the time. Big thanks to Gambit for sorting out the horrible CTD that was threatening the project. This version, 0.7 for the sake of numbering now has working AI and howling, so that's something.

https://www.mediafir...e_Wolves_07.zip

#102 Kekoulis

Kekoulis

Apothecary Novice

• Members
  • 2,151 posts
  • Projects:Emperor's Children
  •  Slaanesh's Glory

Posted 07 October 2017 - 08:41 PM

No worries man. For now, the most important thing is that the AI is working and thus,the mod is one BIG step closer to completion. Downloading now and congrats to all of you brothers! :toasting:

ec-sig-early2.gif

Mankind has seen the light,the light of Slaanesh.

#103 meatshi3ld

meatshi3ld
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 12:29 PM

Had a test-run with the Space Wolves and man I say the literal No Reinforce on Space Wolf marines is quite the interesting feature. Can't help but draw the comparison to the Red Thirst curse suffered by the Blood Angels. Certainly makes for very interesting gameplay! Kudos, very impressive so far!

PS - I ALMOST missed that special wold guard squadron by the Space Wolf Orbital Relay because of the invisible icon. Again, I quite like the feature that only the scouts and vets can reinforce.

#104 fuggles

fuggles

title available

• Members
  • 4,849 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 01:27 PM

Red thirst was very different. That was loss of control and dps buff in melee. This is no reinforcements at all, but the unit gets more hp per model as they take casualties.

The squads sizes get smaller in line with codex. What wolf guard? Did I leave the tactical squad in there? Or do you mean the terminators which are old skool legal and amazing?

#105 Roderick

Roderick

3d models loota

• Members
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 02:06 PM

I would like to take care of some ffe or OE, let's say november is the month, realistically. I have some interesting ideas not specially far-fetched. We'll see, I cannot test anything right now.

Edited by Roderick, 08 October 2017 - 02:06 PM.

#106 fuggles

fuggles

title available

• Members
  • 4,849 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 02:25 PM

I like interesting ideas, but also I need a modding break. I'd like to be rid of Renegades next as that seems to be about as done as I can make it.

No rush, but will your ideas affect gameplay or balance?

#107 meatshi3ld

meatshi3ld
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 02:29 PM

Red thirst was very different. That was loss of control and dps buff in melee. This is no reinforcements at all, but the unit gets more hp per model as they take casualties.

The squads sizes get smaller in line with codex. What wolf guard? Did I leave the tactical squad in there? Or do you mean the terminators which are old skool legal and amazing?

Ah, of course, I meant similar as in a unique trait amongst the infantry for that specific faction. The two traits for Space Wolves and Blood Angels respectively are different and unique. Pardon the unspecificity

#108 d.patch

d.patch
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 05:12 PM

Don't know if I'm doing something wrong but I can reinforce all the squads.

#109 fuggles

fuggles

title available

• Members
  • 4,849 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 05:31 PM

You shouldn't be able to reinforce blood claws, sky claws or grey hunters! They cost souls, faith and ork pop to reinforce!

#110 caesar10044

caesar10044
  • Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 07:24 PM

i don't know of is intentional or not but the rune priest is different from the new model of the previous version ( the priest with wolf coat) and the wolf guard are not avaible .

#111 d.patch

d.patch
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 08:42 PM

You shouldn't be able to reinforce blood claws, sky claws or grey hunters! They cost souls, faith and ork pop to reinforce! 

I know brother Fuggles! In the 0.64 version it was perfect but now it seems it's not working, but i think it's my fault.

Everything else works fine but I have to test it more these days before I'll tell you something, as well as you need to rest!

#112 fuggles

fuggles

title available

• Members
  • 4,849 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 08:51 PM

May be my fault, ork pop may be screwing it? AI did not reinforce though, which it did when it was just ork pop.

Anyone else?

Do you mean the builder (iron priest) is the wrong model? Yes, now you say it then I can visualise it. Bad merge with gambits fixes. Consider it fixed.

Wolf guard tactical didn't add much, they muddied the waters in terms of unit role by being better tacticals.

I can feel a new patch is going to be needed for next weekend!

Edited by fuggles, 08 October 2017 - 08:56 PM.

#113 d.patch

d.patch
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 08:58 PM

When it cost souls in the previous versions there was no problem, I even tried it again to see if I was doing something wrong. Maybe it's something related to the ork pop as you say, but I don't know, we'll see if someone else has the problem or if it's just me.

Also, the Wolf Guard is meant to be in the Orbital Relay? The button is invisible but they are there and you can recruit them.

#114 fuggles

fuggles

title available

• Members
  • 4,849 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 09:00 PM

Dagnammit!

#115 caesar10044

caesar10044
  • Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 09:50 AM

May be my fault, ork pop may be screwing it? AI did not reinforce though, which it did when it was just ork pop.

Anyone else?

Do you mean the builder (iron priest) is the wrong model? Yes, now you say it then I can visualise it. Bad merge with gambits fixes. Consider it fixed.

Wolf guard tactical didn't add much, they muddied the waters in terms of unit role by being better tacticals.

I can feel a new patch is going to be needed for next weekend!

i mean this

http://www.moddb.com...priest#imagebox

#116 Gambit

Gambit

title available

• Members
  • 6,718 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 10:01 AM

That is good!

And even more in-theme, with the wolf pelt :thumbsupcool:

Edited by Gambit, 09 October 2017 - 10:01 AM.

-In search of Papasmurf...

#117 fuggles

fuggles

title available

• Members
  • 4,849 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 11:59 AM

Never seen that model before, it's not on his wolves download pack. There is a tactical librarian but the animation is borked and whilst I have asked for help, I do not believe he is going to.

#118 caesar10044

caesar10044
  • Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 02:53 PM

Never seen that model before, it's not on his wolves download pack. There is a tactical librarian but the animation is borked and whilst I have asked for help, I do not believe he is going to.

Strange... that model is used also in Eternal confrontation mod

http://www.moddb.com...priest#imagebox

#119 fuggles

fuggles

title available

• Members
  • 4,849 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 11:05 PM

Poor Njal, he is gone. That tactical armour librarian is back! Knecezel sent me the last torzel build, there was something wrong with my AE not making it animate... don't know what. Still a shame about the wolf lord chainsword, but such is life.

Anyway, 7.1

https://www.mediafir..._Wolves_071.zip

Reinforcement block back in, wolf guard removed, new librarian model and associated AI changes. Shy of adding all the non-processed voices, that may be that.

#120 caesar10044

caesar10044
  • Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 10:29 AM

thank you! 

i played as SW and seems good (also the new librarian :thumbsuphappy: ).

I'll try play vs AI and report if there's something strange.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users