220 replies to this topic

#161 Norwegian_Loki

Norwegian_Loki

title available

• Members
  • 267 posts
  • Projects:Dawn of War Modding

Posted 23 March 2018 - 03:36 AM

Using the new EXE.. no CTDs at least and does not require CD/DVD (always welcome!) but will continue using it although not yet noticed anything different BUT will proceed to go with it as I test other projects! :good:

Same here on using the .exe's & on the no CTD. It does seem faster but could be placebo. As I had modified my exe's previously with CFF Explorer for LAA & load order before replacing them with the one's in this thread. Regardless I appreciate it & am glad it's working fine.

Now I just need to consider if I want to mess with music or load screens. Since resources have been provided. Then there's always art (Textures/Models/Etc.) & anything else you can modify without desynchronization to consider... ;)

But I digress. Thanks for the resources!

I will also try out this Thudo! It would be so cool if it works. :xcahik_: LETS TEST THIS! :toasting:

I hope to complete the Icons tomorrow by the way.  :good:

Industrial_Strenght: Here is a new loadscreen that set the mod for "Love and War" in Soulstorm. (A very nice Loadscreen, nothing pervy or rude).  Just unpack it where you have installed your game. 

Download.

There is a music pack for the game on top on this previous page or at the first post here.  :lion:  :tiger:

Edited by Norwegian_Loki, 23 March 2018 - 10:09 AM.

#162 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts
  • Projects:DoW AI Scripting Project
  • Division:DoW
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 23 March 2018 - 03:39 AM

Beautiful! So Heretical but seeing a Grey Knight offer a flower to a Member of the Ordo Hereticus.. <3

Advanced Skirmish AI Team Lead for the coolest Warhammer40k PC RTS out there:

Dawn of War Advanced AI Headquarters

Latest DoW Advanced AI Download!

#163 Industrial_Strength

Industrial_Strength

Diesel Powered

• Members
  • 192 posts
  • Projects:Surviving (RL), DOW 1
  •  S/A: Random Delays [See Profile]

Posted 23 March 2018 - 04:21 AM

Thanks NL. You've provided many great resources to this community! You just keep; keeping up the good work.
As always. :thumbsupcool:
"I do what I can to serve the public."

#164 Unsociallobster

Unsociallobster
  • Members
  • 224 posts
  • Projects:(Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War) Team Thudmeizer mod tester manger, 2D artist and script writer.

Posted 23 March 2018 - 03:00 PM

So, when ever I replace my EXE file and start the game I get a crash with a "NetConfig.dll not found" message. However, when I restore my old EXE file from a back up the game will start up. How do I install your EXE file?

#165 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 03:04 PM

Odd... you don't have Netconflg.dll in your Soulstorm folder? :huh: Find it attached and put it in your Soulstorm folder then run the new EXE. You "may" need other dlls but unsure.

Played several games.. no issues.

Attached Files

#166 Roderick

Roderick

3d models loota

• Members
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 03:26 PM

Tbh, as I am one of the low-end potato users, I've lost the track of the several modified exes or memory patches found along the years.

Edited by Roderick, 23 March 2018 - 03:26 PM.

#167 Unsociallobster

Unsociallobster
  • Members
  • 224 posts
  • Projects:(Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War) Team Thudmeizer mod tester manger, 2D artist and script writer.

Posted 23 March 2018 - 04:54 PM

Odd, now I'm getting "procedure entry point could not be located". 

#168 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 04:59 PM

Do you have the CD/DVD or STEAM version? The EXE I thought was for the former only.

#169 Unsociallobster

Unsociallobster
  • Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 05:15 PM

Its the CD/DVD version.

#170 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 05:16 PM

Odd.. that is what I've been running since 2008. Does it mention where the error is coming from? Maybe use something like ProcMon to see if its missing another DLL somewhere: that is my feeling.

#171 Unsociallobster

Unsociallobster
  • Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 05:28 PM

I have a soulstorm exe or application in the directory. My guess is the error is coming from the directory.

"procedure entry point could not be located in dynamic link library D:\THQ\Warhammer40,000DOW\Soulstorm\Soulstorm.exe."

#172 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 05:32 PM

You'll need ProcMon to be running in the background then look at why the EXE is still missing something has I know the EXE works 100%.. its likely you are still missing a DLL.

#173 Norwegian_Loki

Norwegian_Loki

title available

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 08:22 PM

Maybe try the Grapicsconfig that you find where you downloaded the Soulstrom Turbo Mode. It in the text right after I mention Kekoulis. I been looking at the web, but your problem is new to me. So I have no idea what's wrong. You did install the latest patch before you installed mods. Right?

Edited by Norwegian_Loki, 23 March 2018 - 08:22 PM.

#174 Unsociallobster

Unsociallobster
  • Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 12:28 AM

Still doesn't work.Only the original soulstorm exe file will work for me. I can edit it with CFF Explorer with no issues however.

Edited by Unsociallobster, 24 March 2018 - 12:55 AM.

#175 Norwegian_Loki

Norwegian_Loki

title available

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 12:38 AM

Do you have the latest patch?

#176 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 12:38 AM

Again, try ProcMon.. see if when you run Soulstorm.exe it then shows that something was missing. I mean, could copy all my DLLs from my main SS folder and then you can see if that changes anything? Shouldn't have to of course. Use ProcMon first and see if there is something being called that is missing .

#177 Unsociallobster

Unsociallobster
  • Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 12:57 AM

You did install the latest patch before you installed mods

No, I just replaced the soulstorm exe file in my current directory, luckily I made a backup copy beforehand.

Should I uninstall everything then reinstall the game. Then install your soulstorm exe and grapicsconfig patch before installing any mods in the directory?

Edited by Unsociallobster, 24 March 2018 - 12:57 AM.

#178 Unsociallobster

Unsociallobster
  • Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 12:59 AM

I'll try ProcMon too.

#179 Norwegian_Loki

Norwegian_Loki

title available

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 01:07 AM

The game needs the latest patch. That was what I build the exe on. Many mods also flat out refuse to work without the latest patch installed. Maybe ProcMon will make it work, but there is a risk something gets broken in the code if you do not have the latest patch installed.

You can hide the whole game by putting it in a zip file. Then install the game in a new location. Then install the patches up to the last one. Now unpack your game again, and then copy the whole newly installed version into the original and say yes to all overwrites. Now you have "patched your original game" without having to reinstall the all your mods and such.

#180 Industrial_Strength

Industrial_Strength

Diesel Powered

• Members
  • 192 posts
  • Projects:Surviving (RL), DOW 1
  •  S/A: Random Delays [See Profile]

Posted 24 March 2018 - 01:46 AM

You can hide the whole game by putting it in a zip file. Then install the game in a new location. Then install the patches up to the last one. Now unpack your game again, and then copy the whole newly installed version into the original and say yes to all overwrites. Now you have "patched your original game" without having to reinstall the all your mods and such.

Good ideas NL. I'll keep that method in mind as it beats some of my backup &/or modification methods. Definitely easier than some methods I've used in the past.

Though methods I speak of are for different purposes. More for when updating mods, adding new ones, modifying textures & basically modifying your game files &/or folders in anyway.

So thanks brother NL. Once again you provide something useful to the community. :thumbsupcool:
"I do what I can to serve the public."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users