Patch 3.3.4 Proposed Changelog

• Please log in to reply
421 replies to this topic

#381 GoodGame1324

GoodGame1324
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 September 2018 - 12:08 AM

yet somehow they keep taking down important structures. they swoop in, and while theyre not exacly SUPER effective, theyre still effective (5-6+ of them), and they fuck off before you can do jackshit about it. single cell defenses are another thing, yes.

You must be joking, there is no fucking way 5-6 pteranodons took down a building then ran away before you did shit. You can build an anti air defense before the pteranodons can even do 50% to it.

Pteranodons are infinitely shit against buildings. If you lose a building to 5-6 pteranodon, the only explanation would be that you were afk.

If you complain about pteranodons' damage vs buildings, you might as well complain about buzzards and vultures' damage towards buildings, in which both aircraft are significantly more effective vs buildings than pteranodon (which both are still considered subpar vs buildings), but faster and buzzards are available earlier too. 

Edited by GoodGame1324, 11 September 2018 - 12:10 AM.

#382 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 11 September 2018 - 02:30 AM

Yeaaaah 5-6 pteras shouldn't be enough to destroy buildings that quick. You'd need at least 20 for a hit & run

Edited by Handepsilon, 11 September 2018 - 02:31 AM.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#383 JustJoking

JustJoking
  • Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 11 September 2018 - 11:22 AM

Well, the school has started, there are fewer people playing the game (now there are 125, as opposed to 300-400 as there were 1 week ago at this hour) . I expected the update to be released in the summer vacantion, so more people would be able to enjoy it. There are probably more things to fix or add, but it would've been better if they released it earlier, like 2 weeks ago, since now people have other things to do with the school and all. From my experience, the "back to school" fiasco takes up like 2 weeks, if they release it in this interval, they should expect like 300 players max. The only logical thing to do is to release it either on a friday, or when the fiasco is over.

#384 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,992 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 11 September 2018 - 11:43 AM

Or, you know, when it's done.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#385 JustJoking

JustJoking
  • Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 11 September 2018 - 12:59 PM

There is a time for everything. I'm just saying a release on a friday would be better, because people will have the weekend to play it. You already know that.

I'm just as eager as everyone here to play it.

#386 FixenFrøjte

FixenFrøjte
  • Members
  • 86 posts
  •  surprisingly underwhelming

Posted 11 September 2018 - 05:57 PM

yet somehow they keep taking down important structures. they swoop in, and while theyre not exacly SUPER effective, theyre still effective (5-6+ of them), and they fuck off before you can do jackshit about it. single cell defenses are another thing, yes.

You must be joking, there is no fucking way 5-6 pteranodons took down a building then ran away before you did shit. You can build an anti air defense before the pteranodons can even do 50% to it.

Pteranodons are infinitely shit against buildings. If you lose a building to 5-6 pteranodon, the only explanation would be that you were afk.

If you complain about pteranodons' damage vs buildings, you might as well complain about buzzards and vultures' damage towards buildings, in which both aircraft are significantly more effective vs buildings than pteranodon (which both are still considered subpar vs buildings), but faster and buzzards are available earlier too. 

i overshot that part about the building, yes. there were indeed many buzzards in there, every time. they just get overshadowed by the pteranodons for me. sorry. however the building damage are the least of my whining with them, tho. the rest are still broken. too much damage, still too much speed, and the AeO can burn in EA hell.

Edited by FixenFrøjte, 11 September 2018 - 05:57 PM.

#387 NorthFireZ

NorthFireZ

MO Caster, Community Ghost

• Members
  • 330 posts
  • Projects:MO Faction Guides
  •  Random Asshole

Posted 11 September 2018 - 08:57 PM

Man, I wonder how "Looks at unit randomizer" Pteradons can ruin the game today. 

Honestly, they are not as bad as you think they are. They are quite a one-dimensional unit who are getting a speed nerf next patch so they will be even easier to catch with T3 anti-air (which every faction has) 

You are being biased off of personal experience without looking at the fact that there are a lot more units that perform much better than the Ptera with the same numbers. 

Pteras are also hard to mass off of a few factories and are impossible to repair without a tech expansion or a Soviet ally. 

Please, look at and talk to people who already know how to counter Coronia before complaining just because you can't counter them. 

I have a year-long Writer's block @ https://www.fanficti...1/At-Mind-s-End But youtube is doing well! https://www.youtube....ser/andywong545

#388 FixenFrøjte

FixenFrøjte
  • Members
  • 86 posts
  •  surprisingly underwhelming

Posted 11 September 2018 - 10:58 PM

Honestly, they are not as bad as you think they are. They are quite a one-dimensional unit who are getting a speed nerf next patch so they will be even easier to catch with T3 anti-air (which every faction has) 

You are being biased off of personal experience without looking at the fact that there are a lot more units that perform much better than the Ptera with the same numbers. 

Pteras are also hard to mass off of a few factories and are impossible to repair without a tech expansion or a Soviet ally. 

Please, look at and talk to people who already know how to counter Coronia before complaining just because you can't counter them. 

except giantsbanes and thors, t3 AA gets destroyed anyway, dude. in eveery game i play or observe, the pteranodons just destroy them effortlessly. with this attack bonus coming up it'll be even worse. a few pteranodons usualy destroy many times more money and time (units) than a single pteranodon is worth in a split second, and.

i might be wrong, as you say, but right now you may then enlighten me: how t3 AA can take them on?

also, this may already have been brought up. sorry if. The new burratino fire modes sound cool, but when deployed to switch, does that make them immobile? like irratators?

Edited by FixenFrøjte, 11 September 2018 - 10:59 PM.

#389 GoodGame1324

GoodGame1324
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 September 2018 - 11:44 PM

except giantsbanes and thors, t3 AA gets destroyed anyway, dude. in eveery game i play or observe, the pteranodons just destroy them effortlessly. with this attack bonus coming up it'll be even worse. a few pteranodons usualy destroy many times more money and time (units) than a single pteranodon is worth in a split second, and.

i might be wrong, as you say, but right now you may then enlighten me: how t3 AA can take them on?

also, this may already have been brought up. sorry if. The new burratino fire modes sound cool, but when deployed to switch, does that make them immobile? like irratators?

T3 AA takes them on quite well in similar cost ratios. The biggest weakness of coronia is a lack of heavy ground armor, so you only need to build a few t3 monster tanks before proceeding to spam your t3 anti air

You might percieve t3 anti air getting destroyed effortlessly by a huge cloud of pterandons is maybe because the t3 anti air was outnumbered. In similar numbers, t3 anti air always win vs pteranodons. 

Against most factions, often one would only build about 2-6 t3 anti air to counter whatever air units the enemy uses. However, vs coronia, they will be spamming air units, so obviously 2-6 anti air t3 units wouldn't work and you would need to spam your own anti air. 

Make sure your t3 anti air units are already nearby your army for two reasons: 

- So you don't find yourself in a situation where the bulk of the t3 anti air is displaced and separated from you army, resulting in your ground army destroyed

- If the opponent is balsy enough to take on your blob of t3 anti air head on, you have some fodder in your army and maybe some extra anti air support.

If they go for your base don't bother sending your t3 anti air unless there are queztals in their cloud of units, simply just build anti air defenses. Both pteranodons and buzzards struggle against buildings.

#390 TeslaCruiser

TeslaCruiser

Elitist condescending prick, Arrogant cunt

• Members
  • 324 posts
  •  mp bot

Posted 12 September 2018 - 01:37 AM

not so sure about the last statement... buzzards can take down buildings quite easily and if they get your power then it will be gg

I really hope speed nerff will make pteras less cancerous

#391 CrimsonRaider

CrimsonRaider
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 05:59 AM

Buzzards are a little bit better versus buildings aren't they?

'Pteras are also hard to mass off of a few factories and are impossible to repair without a tech expansion or a Soviet ally.'
Besides the repair crane, how could you repair foehn (and in general) air units? :O

#392 CLAlstar

CLAlstar

The one and only master of Scorpion Cell

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  •  Worst MO Player

Posted 12 September 2018 - 08:36 AM

Regarding the buratino question: Made change does not makes them immobile. They can still move. The magic of new unit to unit transformation system, by AlexB.

#393 ArtanisGriffin

ArtanisGriffin
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 10:26 AM

not so sure about the last statement... buzzards can take down buildings quite easily and if they get your power then it will be gg

I really hope speed nerff will make pteras less cancerous

Well it’s more about armor than firepower atm . Even initiates can take down WF easily so I don’t really think there are problems with their damage vs buildings currently ( I don’t think they are really good vs buildings anyway ).
Pteras is fine in their position imo , they are hard to make, can be easily take down by most of t3 anti air though the speed nerf is a plus for me .

Edited by ArtanisGriffin, 12 September 2018 - 10:36 AM.

#394 PACER

PACER

RTS Lorewalker

• Members
  • 547 posts
  •  Much to babble about

Posted 12 September 2018 - 02:51 PM

Regarding the buratino question: Made change does not makes them immobile. They can still move. The magic of new unit to unit transformation system, by AlexB.

Could use some MechaTengu in 3.4

In-game speed vs real life speed?   
Malver in Obisidian Sands?   
Strength-Agility-Intellect subfactions?    

#395 ShermanBy

ShermanBy
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 02:56 PM

when will the patch already be released? :flameblast:

#396 StolenTech

StolenTech

title available

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 03:03 PM

#397 UNSC THE CHILL OF WAR

UNSC THE CHILL OF WAR

title available

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 03:41 PM

Besides the repair crane, how could you repair foehn (and in general) air units? :O

tech machine shop, or promote them to elite for the self heal ability 

#398 CLAlstar

CLAlstar

The one and only master of Scorpion Cell

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  •  Worst MO Player

Posted 12 September 2018 - 08:20 PM

Could use some MechaTengu in 3.4

According to info i got, its still difficult to make air-to-ground unit changes. So not happening anytime soon.

#399 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 09:07 PM

I thought that's the unit type change that works the most.

#400 LordDesolator777

LordDesolator777
  • Members
  • 45 posts
  • Projects:Getting better at MO

Posted 12 September 2018 - 10:08 PM

guys. can we stop pretending that pterenadons are fine? it doesnt matter how hardcore your anti air is - they destroy E V E R Y T H I N G.

also, since their introduction, i still dont understand either why inhibitors are an ok thing. they make superweapons reduntant, and if a coronia player can get to tier 3 and get pteranadons+inhibitors, its mostly a game over.

im loosing interest in this game over coronia.

Just do what Mr. Burns does and "Release the (Wolf)hounds!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users