Multiplayer Online Fails to Load/Freezes

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 tripletmeista

tripletmeista
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 01:29 AM

Installation seemed to work, game still plays and works. But when I click on Multiplayer, then proceed to Online, the game freezes and registers as Not Responding in my task manager. Any suggestions on this? (also, I'm trying to play AOTR online)

#2 jlx94

jlx94
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 01:25 PM

Helo, Exactly same as me with BFME2, ROTWK or AOTR, latest patch or not....

However, BFME is working with online mode.

What i Noticed:

The login/pass/pseudo combo is an EA one, not a revora/T3A

The login button is active, only possibility to register (which seems want to go to the EA dead servers) 

I would be interested if you're succeeding in fix this problem.

Edited by jlx94, 15 September 2018 - 01:27 PM.

#3 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 15 September 2018 - 01:54 PM

If you have installed T3A:Online then you can use your account here to log in. Instructions for that are on the T3A:Online website.

As to the original question, I don't know what would cause it to crash when you click online.

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#4 tripletmeista

tripletmeista
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 05:06 PM

I was just too hasty, once I waited for about 5 minutes, it finally popped up, but it says that the servers are shut down and that I need to look under the help section at Game Replays. Any suggestions from this point?

#5 jlx94

jlx94
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 05:46 PM

Same as me . I desinstall/resinstall BFMEII (1.06/1.06), ROTWK (2.02) and AOTR (2.1) round 3 times each , following step/step the Revora website instructions.and the Three have same behaviour, when I launch from T3a launcher (lastest one) and go to the network section and online section,it freezes for 5 min, and then popup the server hab been shutted down blah blah like triplemeista....

Dunno where looking for (log ?) and what to do.

The BFME with T3AOnline is working online on the same machine, same user, win10x64

#6 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 16 September 2018 - 01:49 AM

Have you checked for network issues?

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#7 tripletmeista

tripletmeista
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 05:34 AM

I tried the whole port forwarding thing (which was hardcore) haha but it didn't work. I noticed on the T3A that it has a "hook" setting, but I wasn't sure if I needed to activate that or not.

#8 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 16 September 2018 - 12:46 PM

The hook feature allows you to use regular BfME shortcuts - like mod shortcuts - with T3A:Online.

#9 tripletmeista

tripletmeista
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 03:00 PM

Then maybe that's what I need to do in order to get it to work. I'll try it out in a bit and get back to you.

#10 tripletmeista

tripletmeista
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 04:17 PM

So when I click on the RotWK button under the T3A Launcher, it says Error, unable to launch RotWK.

#11 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 17 September 2018 - 12:23 AM

It looks like RotWK has not been installed correctly. Try reinstalling it.

#12 tripletmeista

tripletmeista
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 01:23 AM

It still doesn't work, same error message.

#13 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 17 September 2018 - 02:09 AM

Please double check your installation. That's all I can help with.

#14 tripletmeista

tripletmeista
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 03:17 AM

I made sure to purge all existing files related to RotWK before reinstalling, but it still sends me the same error message. At this point I'm going give this a break, but I hope one of these days I can figure this out because I really want to play AotR online. But until then, bots it must be! haha

#15 tripletmeista

tripletmeista
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 03:20 AM

Btw, thank you so much for your time and assistance! It has been most appreciated to have someone respond so quickly.

#16 tripletmeista

tripletmeista
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 03:35 AM

HALLELUJAH, I GOT IT! So I feel really dumb, but this is where I found my problem: 

https://forums.revor...-and-t3aonline/

So basically I wasn't running T3A Launcher as an administrator. I run my RotWK on Windows 10 in compatibility mode for Windows 7. So I simply went to properties for T3A, clicked on Compatibility, checked run in comp mode for Windows 7, and then checked run as administrator and it finally loaded!

Also, don't forget to hook the game in the T3A Launcher.

Hope this helps someone else, thank you once more Matt for your time!

Edited by tripletmeista, 17 September 2018 - 03:38 AM.

#17 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 17 September 2018 - 09:12 AM

Thanks, I'm glad you found it. And I hope it helps others too! =D

#18 jlx94

jlx94
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 02:21 PM

I can't get BFME2 work online...

I followed the step-by-step installation guide which is very clear on https://forums.revor...on-guide/page-1.

After installing T3A:online, I can launch BFME2 and plys, but as soon as I'm going to the multiplayer>Oline menu, it brings me the EA screen attached to this message already filled !!! And the Login button is not clickable....

To ensure this is not a network problem I deactivated my FW for the tests. But as the login button at the bottom of the online screen is not clickable......

I suscpect some old/weird files / Reg value in my system which are mixing the T3A ?

Any heelp ???

Attached Thumbnails

• SC-BFME2-online.png

#19 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 02 October 2018 - 12:12 AM

The text is already filled? I've never seen this before. Try a different computer on the same internet network or take a look at your user folder - same folder as your options.ini - and look for online settings that may be causing that.

#20 jlx94

jlx94
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 October 2018 - 05:08 PM

Ok, I deinstall all BFME* I had in my computer. Then I erase all Reg value I found about BFME, I rebooted and then reinstall the bfme1 following step by step the https://forums.revor...on-guide/page-1 in dowloading the files on the page....

Now whan I launch BFME1, with my user, and go on the online menu, it is time out complaining the servers are down or unreachable.
The network.ini is :

Color = 
Map = 
NumRemoteIPs = 
PlayerTemplate = 
StartingSupplies = 
UserName = D_00E_00S_00K_00T_00O_00P_00_2D_00G_003_00I_00H_00

When I launch as admin it is the same timeout.

I installed the french version from the iso provided on the installation guide as my sons are frenchies ;) on a win10 64 bits.

I'll try to install on another computer to compare the behaviour and will come back with results here 

Edited by jlx94, 02 October 2018 - 05:10 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users