548 replies to this topic

#521 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts
  • Projects:Contra

Posted 23 August 2011 - 06:35 PM

Hehe, I made one 3 players map for 008, but I like this one. The idea is good. I like it.

#522 kkasll

kkasll
  • Banned
  • 46 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 08:26 PM

Hehe, I made one 3 players map for 008, but I like this one. The idea is good. I like it.

Thanks , i thought the concept would fit the gameplay...

#523 kkasll

kkasll
  • Banned
  • 46 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 04:06 PM

Question: How do I extract models from zero hour to 3ds max , if w3dimporter doesn't get recognized by 3dsmax ?

Edited by kkasll, 24 August 2011 - 04:07 PM.

#524 kkasll

kkasll
  • Banned
  • 46 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 04:23 PM

New 1V1 map I've created:
http://www.2shared.c...xErPDZGSoFoD5xi

#525 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 04:28 PM

Next time upload the map folder, not the files inside it. I will see it when I have time.

#526 kkasll

kkasll
  • Banned
  • 46 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 07:52 PM

Next time upload the map folder, not the files inside it. I will see it when I have time.

Can't upload the folder it self...i need a file of some sort .

#527 ApOcOlYpS

ApOcOlYpS

title available

• Project Team
  • 523 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation

Posted 12 September 2011 - 01:33 AM

Can't upload the folder it self...i need a file of some sort .

You should be able to compress the folder into a zipped folder, and you should be able to upload those.

#528 tivi12

tivi12
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 01:36 PM

I have a question

How can i modify generals challenge player general colour ?

#529 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 05:18 PM

I'm not sure. Try to change default color in PlayerTemplate.ini. Maybe it will help.

#530 Guest_Mahdi_*

Guest_Mahdi_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2012 - 12:23 PM

Excuse me, Masters
I have some question.
1-Is it possible in the Generals to do two actions by one command button at same time?
for example run an action or fire a weapon and also upgrade a unit at same time.

2- when I edit the ini files to change the units behavior is there any IF Statement.
for example write something like this IF (GAME_PASSED_TIME < 60_Sec) THEN Upgrade weapon ELSE do nothing.

I hope find my answers soon.
Thanks in advance for your Attention.

Mahdi.

#531 Casojin

Casojin

Democracy not Dictatorship

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 11 February 2012 - 01:37 PM

It is not possible for one command button to do separated actions. However, it is possible for one upgrade to have more than one effect. So, you could use upgrade to simulate the one button with two (or more) effects.

There is no IF in behavior. Behavior types are hard-coded into the engine. If you add something it doesn't recognize, your game would crash. However, you could code the IF into multiplayer or skirmish scripts using world builder to do specific actions you want in every game you play. You need to import the scripts and set it accordingly.
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#532 ApOcOlYpS

ApOcOlYpS

title available

• Project Team
  • 523 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation

Posted 11 February 2012 - 02:48 PM

So I have a poison field. It's nice and colorful and all that. However I want to add, in addition to the damage it does to vehicles and infantry, a chance that vehicles inside the field's pilots have a chance to be killed. If I can get away from it, I DON'T want it to kill everyone in the field (ie a weapon with the same aoe as the field that fires every so often, and if successful will kill all pilots in the field), nor do I want it to be a weapon centered in the field that would only "shoot" at the first vehicle that came into the field until it can no longer be targeted. I want all vehicles that enter the field to be subject to an independent chance that their pilot will die while in the field.

I believe the main thing I have to do is add the new pilot killing weapon (which I'm not sure how to make it attack all enemy vehicles independently), and add a behavior for the chem fields in the ini where it's stored (can't remember the name but I found it: holds all GLA chemical stuff I believe) that fires the new weapon. Then I'd also need my own chance generator which should be able to work similar to stealth general's snipers for example. But I'm not sure how to actually get that all in, especially the behavior since that has a ModuleTag, and I don't know what to do with those.

#533 Casojin

Casojin

Democracy not Dictatorship

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 12 February 2012 - 03:36 PM

I have always wonder how to specify how many garrisoned infantries are killed per weapon.
Like....making flashbang kills one at a time instead of kill all.
And I've seen CWC make it kinda....1 grenade hit has 20% chance of killing 1 guy inside and 1 artillery hit has 50% chance of killing 5 inside.
Does anyone have any idea how to do this?
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#534 Tomeister

Tomeister
  • Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 09:55 PM

Hey. Creator, do you mind if I use some of yor ideas in my own personal mod- to play with my sons. I'm trying to combined remix escalation and contra.;)

#535 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:01 AM

No problem. If you do not plan to upload it to Internet then you can take everything you want.

I have always wonder how to specify how many garrisoned infantries are killed per weapon.
Like....making flashbang kills one at a time instead of kill all.
And I've seen CWC make it kinda....1 grenade hit has 20% chance of killing 1 guy inside and 1 artillery hit has 50% chance of killing 5 inside.
Does anyone have any idea how to do this?

It can be made easily by creating random shells. Look how normal Zero Hour creates different GLA Technicals. The same method can be used to create different shells from one cannon. One shell can kill infantry, another can not do it. This is the chance you ask about. I use this technology for toxin weapons already.

Edited by Creator, 16 March 2012 - 08:06 AM.

#536 Tomeister

Tomeister
  • Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 08:29 PM

Thanks! I really want to make the SDI teleport. Do you know how?

Edited by Tomeister, 17 March 2012 - 08:57 PM.

#537 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:36 PM

It is better to drop this idea. Teleport is glitchy and overpowered.

#538 Alessia

Alessia
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:36 AM

I've noticed that radiation and posion fields no longer show like they did in the orginal game this presents a problem for infantry is there a fix for this i 008?

Will there be a multiplayer map with a train that moves though the map that can actually run through ve3hicles and stuff like that.

Edited by Alessia, 25 March 2012 - 04:19 AM.

#539 Tomeister

Tomeister
  • Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:16 PM

It is better to drop this idea. Teleport is glitchy and overpowered.

Okay.. Does each general have 1 super unit in your mod?

I'm trying to import a unit from your mod (with your permission)what files do I copy code from? I'm particularly confused about textures and skins. Help would be greatly appreciated.

#540 Guest_sithalo_*

Guest_sithalo_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:15 AM

im just messing around with stuff in the .big file.
i always thought firebases where rather crappy so i went in there and found it in weapons data. and then i seen it had a plus one and a plus two. right under it each with slightly improved attack power. i think. so i thought of it like. first one could spray shells wildly. the second one could spred shells more focused but with less power over a larger area. then the last one the plus two. would be very weak but increaidbly focused and have massive range. but i dont know what the pluses are. ive added people in the squares. ive gave them both armors. set down the mines. but the firebases just stay at the original state of spreading the shells all over.
ive looked it up and i cant find anything talking about the pluses.

plz help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users