Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 03 June 2005 - 12:08 PM

Pendaelose put publictimer yes in superweapons :huh:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wish... Its already there (had it from the start) What else can cause it?
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#62 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts
  • Projects:Contra

Posted 03 June 2005 - 02:11 PM

I've created a new superweapon.  It fires just fine from both the building and the shortcut button BUT the the SW always starts ready and does not show a timer in the corner.... ....  WHY???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Possibly incorrect enum.

Edited by Creator, 03 June 2005 - 02:14 PM.

#63 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 05:25 PM

I've created a new superweapon.  It fires just fine from both the building and the shortcut button BUT the the SW always starts ready and does not show a timer in the corner.... ....  WHY???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Possibly incorrect enum.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It could be... I'll check that out... I'll try making it ParticleCannon.

how do I make another Enum? I can't find the file to edit them

Woot! got it... It needed the specialpwercreate behavior, works fine now.

Another problem with that same building... ... a modeling problem. I've made a model I like alot by heavily editing a few buildings and cut and paste... but on one of the buildings I get a nasty Skin problem... A portion of the building was cloned and now that Skin on both pieces is all out of whack... I'm using G-Max

Edited by Pendaelose, 03 June 2005 - 06:22 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#64 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 10:07 PM

I've figured out MOST of the problem with the building... its not my building, its the ParticleCannon model that is giviing me trouble. If I do just an Import and export of the P.C. all the tectures are screwed up when it comes back out. other buildings don't do this. Why does the Particle Cannon??? The core of my building was made of PC parts, so thats where my texture problem came from. I made another model without the PC, but it doesn't look half as cool as the old one.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#65 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 04 June 2005 - 02:41 AM

How do I make a weapon target the air directly above a unit, or the land X distance behind or infront of the unit?

I've used targethight, that works almost for what I'm doing, but it can make weapon acuracy problems... I need to change the way the weapon targets. I've not seen any decent tutorials on weapon behaviors
Posted Image
Posted Image

#66 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts
  • Projects:Contra

Posted 04 June 2005 - 11:17 AM

There are several ways:

1) use a copy of tomahawk missile with DistanceToTargetBeforeDiving = 0.

2) use FireAngle = [something] and weapon should fire missile that never turn.

#67 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 04 June 2005 - 09:00 PM

There are several ways:

1) use a copy of tomahawk missile with DistanceToTargetBeforeDiving = 0.

2) use FireAngle = [something] and weapon should fire missile that never turn.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Worked Beutifuly, thanks.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#68 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 08:12 PM

WoW building an upside down turret will teach you ALOT about bones and child objects in RenX... I flipped a turret upside down, not knowing it would reverse the TURRETEL aswell. hehehehe you can drop some funny bombs that way.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#69 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 07:32 PM

Old problem come back to haunt me...

Flame China still will not build any new units I make.

I 've had no problems with Cybr, AirF, Infa, or Nuke building new units... but for some reason I can't get Flam china to build any new units that I make. I tricked it into building the missle tank by stealing the name from the gattling tank flam already built, but they won't build IronDragons or the new tank I'm playing with now, but the player can build all the units just fine.

any ideas? Is there something in the CommandButton.ini that could throw off the AI without messing up the player's buttons? Or should I rebuild 100% of the FlameChina scripts? I'm at a loss for thaughts at the moment, but I've made a realy cool super heavy flame tank, I just can't get the AI to use it.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#70 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 11:30 PM

No one seems to answer an of these... and I end up figureing out most on my own given enough time...

but here I go anyway

I've made 15 new models in Gmax/Renx They show up fine in FinalBig, but when I put them in game they all fail to load. I can change nothing, just replace them with a different model and the code works just fine and the game loads the new model... whats wrong with the first 15?

EDIT: Solved, the names were too long and Renx was not exporting correctly.

Edited by Pendaelose, 16 June 2005 - 04:13 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#71 M.E.C.H.

M.E.C.H.

MACHINATOR

• Project Team
  • 1,616 posts
  • Projects:B.F. MOD LEADER LEAD MODELLER
  •  mechs are teh best

Posted 17 June 2005 - 10:17 PM

No one seems to answer an of these... and I end up figureing out most on my own given enough time...

but here I go anyway

I've made 15 new models in Gmax/Renx  They show up fine in FinalBig, but when I put them in game they all fail to load.  I can change nothing, just replace them with a different model and the code works just fine and the game loads the new model... whats wrong with the first 15?

EDIT:  Solved,  the names were too long and Renx was not exporting correctly.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its very sad that you are answering your own posts... Those latest days no one post something the only ones is you,me and stack111.... I dont want to see this mod dead... So guys wake up ! something else pendaelose can you saw us a screen of your new flam superheavy tank ? :ninja:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Mod Progress:
Models:----------------------------------------
INI___:----------------------------------------

Link : http://forums.revora...p?showforum=859

#72 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 10:25 PM

Its very sad that you are answering your own posts... Those latest days no one post something the only ones is you,me and stack111.... I dont want to see this mod dead... So guys wake up ! something else pendaelose can you saw us a screen of your new flam superheavy tank ?  :ninja:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

sadder still, I notced the last several problems I solved my self... I just quit posting the problems cause they wern't being answered (Cerator did do a couple a few weeks back) I've lost about 2 days of modding to a few simple modeling problems. I've worked just about all of them out, but it took ALOT of smacking my head agasint the desk to do it.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#73 M.E.C.H.

M.E.C.H.

MACHINATOR

• Project Team
  • 1,616 posts
  •  mechs are teh best

Posted 17 June 2005 - 10:50 PM

Its very sad that you are answering your own posts... Those latest days no one post something the only ones is you,me and stack111.... I dont want to see this mod dead... So guys wake up ! something else pendaelose can you saw us a screen of your new flam superheavy tank ?  :ninja:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

sadder still, I notced the last several problems I solved my self... I just quit posting the problems cause they wern't being answered (Cerator did do a couple a few weeks back) I've lost about 2 days of modding to a few simple modeling problems. I've worked just about all of them out, but it took ALOT of smacking my head agasint the desk to do it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I really want to help you but i dont know nothing about moding i have made a small mod by myself and it was having : new units (not new model) for example a crusader with more health and more firepower and changed explode effect named abraam mk3 was my first unit ! i was working final big and i made a balance mod.... i really want to know how to model but it needs lot of time and knowledge ! :D (that you arleady have) And pls POST a screen of your new unit or units !!!!!!

Edited by M.E.C.H., 17 June 2005 - 10:52 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Mod Progress:

#74 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 11:00 PM

And pls POST a screen of your new unit or units !!!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its already up... I did an Edit instead of a new post... it might not have changed the Folder to Unread.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#75 M.E.C.H.

M.E.C.H.

MACHINATOR

• Project Team
  • 1,616 posts
  •  mechs are teh best

Posted 17 June 2005 - 11:21 PM

And pls POST a screen of your new unit or units !!!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its already up... I did an Edit instead of a new post... it might not have changed the Folder to Unread.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i saw it its really cool can it fire thermobarical shells like immolator ? :ninja:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Mod Progress:

#76 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 11:24 PM

i saw it its really cool can it fire thermobarical shells like immolator ?  :ninja:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Efreet Flame tank? No... its a pure Dragon Tank on Crack... but it does cause napalm missle effect if it fires on one target for more than a second or so. And if 3 Efreets fire on the same spot it will cause a napalm fire almost instantly and a BIG fire storm in just a couple seconds... NOT something would want on your command center. they also do much more damage with the flame than other flamethrower units.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#77 matador

matador
  • Members
  • 95 posts
  • Projects:trying

Posted 18 June 2005 - 06:08 AM

Pendaelose maybe i can help i got the basics of coding from generals but thats all :ninja:

#78 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 12:41 PM

Pendaelose maybe i can help i got the basics of coding from generals but thats all ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well, every time I have a problem thats really kicking my butt I post it here(at least most of the time)... At the moment all is well, but if read a problem and have advice, please don't hold back
Posted Image
Posted Image

#79 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 04:52 PM

Is there some kind of Maximum limit on Upgrades? I tried adding just one more and the whole thing crashed out on me, but the LOG always reports the error as the last upgrade in the INI file.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#80 matador

matador
  • Members
  • 95 posts
  • Projects:trying

Posted 18 June 2005 - 07:31 PM

there is a limit of 128 upgrades

if figured it out myself already ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users