Ideas Topic

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#81 Orc Master

Orc Master
  • New Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 05:41 PM

That troll looks awesome, and it'd be a great adition, but is it in line with Tolkien? I mean, I don't remember Tolkien mentioning trolls in Isengard, but it would fit in nicely...

Thanks for that suggestion. What do you, Matias and Mullers, think about it? (since I'm just an employee :))

#82 Mullers_11

Mullers_11

Onlooker

• Project Team
  • 806 posts
  • Projects:Visions, The Four Ages
  •  Not active

Posted 02 September 2006 - 01:53 PM

Possibly. I'll have to assess the situation first since I haven't yet been BFMEII's Isengard as of yet.

Retired

#83 zimoo

zimoo

Ecthelion of the Fountain

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  • Projects:Lurking until the off topic begins...
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 02 September 2006 - 02:05 PM

Although that concept is cool, I don't think Isengard really need any monsters. They already have beserkers, very strong siege and a powerful wizard hero. Also it would probably require a brand new building added. I guess it all depends on how much the modders are planning to add to the existing factions. Just my opinion
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Playing games? Ah, you'll never be a good modder if you get involved in actually playing them!

#84 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 02 September 2006 - 10:38 PM

I'm really not sure about that.. sure it looks cool, but it's not very needed. I'll discuss it with the rest of the team.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#85 alfreak1

alfreak1
  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 12:45 AM

I don't think they are needed. Isengard is strong enough without a new elite unit. Maybe as a hero, but that would be the only way.

Edited by alfreak1, 03 September 2006 - 12:45 AM.

#86 Orc Master

Orc Master
  • New Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 03:05 PM

Hmm... I don't think we can make something like "Gorgúrz the Isengard Troll" without messing LOTR up...

Well, for balance issues, you're right, a troll won't fit with Isengard.

#87 Gherrick

Gherrick

Drunken Bastard

• Project Team
  • 374 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 02:51 PM

Gorgurz? LOL...You made my day :lol: How about Lugdurubutz? :p
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#88 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 03:03 PM

Err.. yeah..

#89 Orc Master

Orc Master
  • New Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 12:09 AM

Well, that's exactly my point :lol: Won't fit well.

#90 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 September 2006 - 07:10 PM

Gorgurz? LOL...You made my day :p How about Lugdurubutz? ;)

Well, it's not too different from WETA's Lurtz, isn't it? PJ puts uruk-hai as Isengard's warriors and no half-orcs at all as it should be. I can understand game balance issues, but I don't think just a single Troll character with a propper name would be so wrong (although of course I'm not the one to judge this). BTW there is a Black Speech (orcish) vocabulary made by David Salo (the man who wrote all the dialogues in Tolkien's languages for PJ) in case you need to make some new names for characters or something.

And you always can play with the option that Saruman manages to create more than half-orcs (uruks in the movie) and made some kind of Olog-hai-like Troll (or half-Troll) but the creature was sterile or very difficult to create and he had just one.

Yes, I confess I love the concept art :blush:

#91 Orc Master

Orc Master
  • New Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 11:03 PM

LOL, that's exactly what you had to say since the beginning :)

Well, as I said, I'm just an employee, but although I like the concept I don't think it'll fit good...

#92 Servant of Sauron

Servant of Sauron

The right hand of Saruman

• Project Team
  • 258 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 02:28 AM

What about having a basic Cave Troll for Gundabad that can pick up trees and throw stones etc. and then having an uber Assault Cave Troll(like Attack Trolls for Mordor)equipped with a chain(tied around their neck) and a huge hammer, that would also use his hammer for siege. You might say a battering ram that can also kill units since the Mountain Giant is getting the boot.

For other Gundabad ideas check Games-Workshop's Goblin faction(scroll down the page).
http://uk.games-work...ures-gallery/1/

Barring Dragons they had some good ideas.

Also rename Attack Trolls to Olog-hai as the armoured Trolls at Minas Tirith were Olog-hai(at least in the movie) and consider giving them proper siege hammers also...WETA style.

While on the topic of Trolls perhaps Isengard Trolls could be recruited at the Fortress as "mini-heroes"? You'd get them in limited numbers to prevent spam(say two-three)and they'd act like current Attack Trolls do, very heavy monster. They gain expierience between levels one and five and when they die they're dead for ever(or at least that particular Troll is dead and you have to recruit a new one at level one).

The argument is that since Saruman used Orcs from the mountains as labourers perhaps a few Cave Trolls came with them. In keeping with his need to improve evil creatures he bred a new type of Troll more on par with the Olog-hai from the Goblins' Cave Trolls but found them to be too difficult to maintain in numbers and so had very few bred to act as his personal bodyguard and to protect Orthanc.

Speaking of the evil factions do you guys have any definitive plans for Isengard and Mordor(and Gundabad)? *crosses fingers for Mordor Uruk-hai*

Edited by Servant of Sauron, 21 May 2007 - 05:39 PM.

The old world will burn in the fires of industry! The forests will fall! A new order will rise...we will drive the machine of war with the sword and the spear and the iron fist of the Orc! We have only to remove those who oppose us...

Posted Image
Posted Image

#93 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 05:52 AM

No... not yet, but I plan to use your Troll idea for Gundabad, and some ideas of my own...

I have been thinking about Mordor for a bit though, and besides our new Morgul orcs I think we can add Black uruks too...

I am not sure about the Isengard troll idea but I do think those GW troll concepts look extremely cool and shouldn't be very hard to make using Isengard CaH parts, scaled up a little. Isengard gets Wulf and Wildmen recruitable as well though, and probably some sort of Orc rabble too. Not sure if a Troll fits in with that, no matter how cool it looks. I'll probably just make it for fun and release it to the public. :xcahik_:

Edited by Matias, 21 May 2007 - 05:54 AM.

#94 Master Windu

Master Windu

The Master.

• Advisors
  • 2,150 posts
  • Projects:Galaxy at War, Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 21 May 2007 - 05:11 PM

That would be cool to be able to use Black Uruks, but how would they be implemented ingame? They might be just a reskinned/remodeled version of the Morgul Orcs.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#95 Servant of Sauron

Servant of Sauron

• Project Team
  • 258 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 05:38 PM

What about having Morranon Orcs or Durghaz-nar as Mordor's elite pikemen?

The old world will burn in the fires of industry! The forests will fall! A new order will rise...we will drive the machine of war with the sword and the spear and the iron fist of the Orc! We have only to remove those who oppose us...

Posted Image
Posted Image

#96 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 09:01 PM

I think the Easterlings serve that purpose already.

#97 Servant of Sauron

Servant of Sauron

• Project Team
  • 258 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 10:24 PM

True but if you changed them slightly to form basic pikes you could include Black Uruks as an elite pike unit differing then from Orcs of the Morgul Vale.

If you would like help brainstorming for the evil factions ask, Mordor is a very diverse faction, almost as much as Gondor. Also Isengard has many units that were omitted by EA. For example in the books the bulk of the armies of Isengard were made up of Wildmen of Dunland and Orcs(Half-Orcs too)with Saruman's Fighting Uruk-hai forming the elite shock troops.

What about giving Mordor Morgul Knights as cavalry?

Edited by Servant of Sauron, 21 May 2007 - 10:26 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#98 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  Greedy capitalist and cynical bastard.

Posted 22 May 2007 - 12:15 PM

Also in the books the Mouth of Sauron comes out of the Black Gate along with several Black Numenorian soldiers...
It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#99 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 02:34 PM

I'll be glad to take these suggestions into account when we are starting to work again on the existing factions. For now, we're focusing on a faction soon to be revealed. Veeery soon. Probably before you even get to read this post. :p

#100 saumya

saumya
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 08:10 AM

A Techtree I made from which you can use some Ideas(Its only Units and no heroes)

Gondor
Soldier
Spearman
Lossarnoch Axeman
Dol Amroth Men at Arms
Citadel Guard
Fountain Court Guard
Archer
Morthond Vale Bowmen
Citadel Guard Archer
Ithilien Ranger
Knights of Gondor
Dol Amroth Swan Knight
Trebuchet

Rohan
Peasents
Westfold Footmen
Spearman
Helms Shield
Royal Guard of Edoras
Yeomanry
Spearthrowers
Hunter of Firieholt
Rohirrim Warrior
Rohirrim Spearman
Rohirrim Archer
Rohirrim Royal Guard
Ents

Elves
Lorien Swordsman
Mirkwood Swordsman
Mithlond Sentry
Rivendell Guardians
Lorien Silver Tree Guard
Lorien Archers
Mirkwood Archers
Mirkwood Sentinels
Lorien Galadhrim Warriors
Noldor Warriors
Rivendell Lancers
Rivendell Horse Archers
Ents

Dwarves
Blue Mountains Axeman
Erebor Guardians
Erebor Phalanx
Iron Hills Warriors
Khazad Guard
Erebor Axethrowers
Erebor Crossbowmen
Blue Mountains Archers
Blue Mountains Dragon Slayers
Woodmen Hunters
Beornings
Battle Wagon
Demolisher
Iron Hills Catapult

Dale
Dale Footmen
Dale Halberdiers
Celduin Swordsman
Dorwinion Soldiers
Dale Channel Guards
Dale Archers
Esgaroth Lake Guards
Hunters
East Bight Mercenary
Dale Outrider

Mordor
Orc Warriors
Orc Spearman
Morgul Orc Warrior
Rhun Spearman
Black Uruks of Barad Dur
Orc Archers
Morgul Orc Archers
Rhun Archers
Rhun Kataphract
Morgul Vanguard
Mountain Troll
Drummer Troll
Olog Hai
Battering Ram
Catapult
Seige Tower

Isengard
Uruk Hai
Uruk Pikeman
Uruk Scouts
Uruk Bersekers
Wildmen of Dunland
Feral Uruks
Uruk Crosbowmen
Dunland Axethrower
Warg Riders
Adorn Horsemen
Battering Ram
Seige Ladder
Ballista
Explosive Mine

Harad
Haradrim Warriors
Haradrim Spearman
Khand Axeman
Black Serpant Guard
Hasharin
Haradrim Archers
Khand Archers
Watchers of Karna
Haradrim Raider
Khand Cavalry
Black Seprant Guard
Haradrim Charioteer
Half Trolls of Far Harad
Mumakil

Gundabad
Goblin Warriors
Goblin Spearman
Gundabad Orc Warriors
Goblin Drummer
Goblin Archers
Gundabad Orc Archers
Gundabad Wolf Riders
Half Troll Swordsman
Cave Troll

Edited by saumya, 02 June 2007 - 08:11 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users