Ideas and suggestions

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#41 Nighthawk

Nighthawk

Grumble Grumble.

• Division Leaders
  • 2,947 posts
  • Projects:The Third War, Ares, misc side projects.
  •  Strategist and Modder
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:Division Leader
  • Association

Posted 14 February 2007 - 10:22 PM

Yeah, still the problem of the Hovercraft inside the enemy base, but does that actually happen? Does a Paradrop Plane ever appear over the enemy base?

Yes, it just flies in a straight line from the edge of the map to the drop point, not caring about what's in the way. I have thought about Hovercrafts. Problem is that the people / units will just appear, with parachutes. If the parachute anim were customisable maybe, because then the sound could be altered for the parachuting, so that you wouldn't hear units paradropping from about half a metre off the ground.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Job Openings with the Guild: Division Staff, News Posters.
Job Openings with Ares: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.

PM if interested.

#42 Black Rose

Black Rose

Let there be Combat.

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 07:03 PM

in stead of drop pods why not trying the drop of nod tanks in both Renegade and C&C?
as in having the plane almost land as they jump out, then it returns to it's preveous hight back to it's
"base".....? :p :evgr:

Edited by Black Rose, 21 February 2007 - 07:03 PM.

Total Annihilation is the only battle strategy.

#43 Jeeves

Jeeves

I write the interwebz

• Members
  • 4,156 posts
  •  Friendly neighborhood standards Nazi

Posted 23 February 2007 - 01:30 AM

Because you can't change the planes flightlevel depending on what its doing, it would either fly high or low all the way.

World Domination Status: 2.7%

#44 Guest_randomizer_*

Guest_randomizer_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 February 2007 - 06:12 PM

Because you can't change the planes flightlevel depending on what its doing, it would either fly high or low all the way.

True unless some one rewrites the code or makes a new one

#45 Nighthawk

Nighthawk

Grumble Grumble.

• Division Leaders
  • 2,947 posts
  •  Strategist and Modder
  • Association

Posted 23 February 2007 - 07:57 PM

In TS, the HunterSeeker had tags for changing the flight level mid-flight, but that was only for when it was exiting the Upgrade Centre / Temple, so that couldn't be used.
Posted Image
Posted Image

PM if interested.

#46 need my speed

need my speed

For Soviet people!

• Hosted
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 09:00 AM

Maybe make the Future Forces less Alliedisch, insetad of Pillbox Laser Turret or such, Plasma Patritos could be just a Plasma Launcher (firing plasma bolts, not missiles), Laser Tower could be Ion Cannon (but there was already an upgrade for Allieds I thought), Hover Prism Tank could be Mobile Ion Cannon Tank or such, etc. Same for other thingies. Oh well I don't mind, it's a greta mod.
Please, if you see a mistake in my posts - spelling, grammar, punctuation, or whatever else - point it out. How can one learn from mistakes, if one is not corrected?
There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.

#47 Nighthawk

Nighthawk

Grumble Grumble.

• Division Leaders
  • 2,947 posts
  •  Strategist and Modder
  • Association

Posted 01 July 2007 - 01:19 PM

I'd rather not call anything an Ion Cannon considering that's also the name of their major super weapon. Also, I can only think up names for the graphics I have. I can't go making graphics for every name suggestion, my SHP skills are non-existant in any form. Besides, they're supposed to be Allied-ish, it's part of the story :p.
Posted Image
Posted Image

PM if interested.

#48 need my speed

need my speed

For Soviet people!

• Hosted
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 01:20 PM

Didn't thoguth about the Ion Cannon super weapon...Yeah ok, if it's part of the story U shouldn't change it.
Please, if you see a mistake in my posts - spelling, grammar, punctuation, or whatever else - point it out. How can one learn from mistakes, if one is not corrected?
There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.

#49 bartpp7

bartpp7
  • Project Team
  • 223 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 12:54 PM

ok i have suggestion how about adding airfield expanions to the teams with airfields and make an mega unit more inifiltrating all tech centers oh and make the ai so they will not attack the player straight away i find this unfair as i can't take 3 teams at once kicking the crap out off me thanks and that damn FF ai needs upgrading too but i guess u new that already i have one more give the new nations another special too because the origianl nations have 2 specials but the new once only have one thanks :p :p

oh and nighthawk howed did u get more than one pic as ur sig?

Edited by bartpp7, 06 July 2007 - 12:56 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
General Granger: I Win you lose what more is there left to say.

#50 Nighthawk

Nighthawk

Grumble Grumble.

• Division Leaders
  • 2,947 posts
  •  Strategist and Modder
  • Association

Posted 06 July 2007 - 02:18 PM

I'm not sure what you mean with 'airfield expansions', do you mean an Air Force Command without the radar, of sorts?
I don't like super units, so there'll be no 'mega unit'.
I can't reduce the AI's attack speed without reducing their overall functionality. If I made them attack later, they would attack less overall, therefore the AI would be pretty awful.
The Future Forces AI does need fixing up, yes, and that's the next thing I'm working on.
The new countries do have two specials, their unit and a country-specific paradrop super weapon which you buy as an upgrade.
You just use more than one [img] tag in your signature to get more than one picture. However, your picture may be too large and take up all the available space for your signature, or I may have a larger available signature size because I'm an admin :p.
Posted Image
Posted Image

PM if interested.

#51 Black Rose

Black Rose

Let there be Combat.

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 08:29 PM

what ever happened to my suggestion of a railgun turret?
Total Annihilation is the only battle strategy.

#52 MCV

MCV

title available

• Hosted
  • 737 posts
  • Projects:Uh... I'm writing a NGE/GitS/Lain/Snow Crash crossover fanfic?
  •  Decipherer of Paradox' legal talk.

Posted 27 July 2007 - 04:42 AM

what ever happened to my suggestion of a railgun turret?

You never made one. You made suggestions for generic railgun units though.

Ah, the clichè Railgun Tank. Serves no purpose but to have a railgun. Look at TS, and look at RA2. All units are there to cover a tactical oppertunity. No unit is added just because it would fit. There is no Nod Laser Tank, because it would not do anything not done by another unit.

Look at Mental Omega. Yuri has psycick railguns, mounted on infantry, vehicles and buildings. For Rahn, it is only an addition to his mutation weapon, making him more dangerous. The Shadow Tank's main purpose is stealth assault, the railgun is just a benefit. The Railgun Tower has a distinct purpose, as 2nd Level Defencive Structure.
Posted Image

#53 Nighthawk

Nighthawk

Grumble Grumble.

• Division Leaders
  • 2,947 posts
  •  Strategist and Modder
  • Association

Posted 27 July 2007 - 11:16 AM

Apologies for not getting back to you. The problem with railguns is that if used en masse, they cause extensive lag. One unit in the game does have a railgun, but it's a stolen tech unit. Play as Yuri and infiltrate a Yuri lab, and you'll get it.
Posted Image
Posted Image

PM if interested.

#54 bartpp7

bartpp7
  • Project Team
  • 223 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 11:25 PM

I'm not sure what you mean with 'airfield expansions', do you mean an Air Force Command without the radar, of sorts?

yeh

The new countries do have two specials, their unit and a country-specific paradrop super weapon which you buy as an upgrade.

but this also means the original sides have 3 super weapones it would be good if they were more like 2 plane loads for the original sides and about 4 to 5 planeloads for the new sides.

and i have another suggestion change the look of the FF walls to laser walls :good: :lol:

~Fixed up your post so people could see where the quotes are ~Nighthawk~
Posted Image
Posted Image

#55 Nighthawk

Nighthawk

Grumble Grumble.

• Division Leaders
  • 2,947 posts
  •  Strategist and Modder
  • Association

Posted 29 July 2007 - 12:24 PM

Well, I am thinking of adding an airpad of sorts to South Korea, since I rather left them out of most of the additions.

but this also means the original sides have 3 super weapones it would be good if they were more like 2 plane loads for the original sides and about 4 to 5 planeloads for the new sides.

I'll keep that in mind, however, the Commando is quite a powerful unit, and if ten or so of them were to rain down on your base, unless you have a lot of anti-personnel defenses, you're screwed. Not all of the original Allied countries have a reinforcement super weapon. In fact, only Britain has a reinforcement super weapon - all the other original Allied countries have some sort of upgrade instead.
Posted Image
Posted Image

PM if interested.

#56 ForcedDj

ForcedDj
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 06:34 PM

If you are planning on making a final version, could that have a mod launcher? I mean, I now play mods that have a mod launcher(like APYR) because it is easier.

You could have a choice to keep the mod activated or you can deactivate it after you are done playing.

#57 Nighthawk

Nighthawk

Grumble Grumble.

• Division Leaders
  • 2,947 posts
  •  Strategist and Modder
  • Association

Posted 24 August 2007 - 11:12 PM

Sorry for not getting back to you, ForcedDj. I do intend on using a mod launcher, however at the minute, the current mod launcher in use around the community, XCC Mod Launcher, does not work well with RockPatch mods. I am waiting on the release of a mod launcher created by Marshall, based on XCC Mod Launcher. When that becomes available, then I'll start using it instead of just zipping everything.
Posted Image
Posted Image

PM if interested.

#58 bartpp7

bartpp7
  • Project Team
  • 223 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 11:14 PM

i have an idea for the sides u know how yuri has it specials for countrys eg improved tech, better tanks, better infentry, better jets and i think it should be like that for all sides what ya think
Posted Image
Posted Image

#59 Nighthawk

Nighthawk

Grumble Grumble.

• Division Leaders
  • 2,947 posts
  •  Strategist and Modder
  • Association

Posted 02 September 2007 - 12:45 PM

That would mean completely reworking the original countries. In the end, it would just make them more similar to their other side counterparts. I only used those descriptions because there were too many changes to fit into the small description line.
Posted Image
Posted Image

PM if interested.

#60 bartpp7

bartpp7
  • Project Team
  • 223 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 09:57 PM

oh ok but i thought it was a good idea because thats basicly what the sides are like
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users