553 replies to this topic

#21 Paladin58

Paladin58

I lurk moar...

• Project Team
  • 2,384 posts
  •  Drifting Gun-Toting Liberal, Forum Lurker

Posted 22 July 2006 - 06:09 PM

As he ran through the street towards the police station, Titus thought, Why me? Why did I have to annihilate my own friend's face? That thought was then ended quickly by a horde of dead things coming around the corner. He brought his Remington to shoulder and fired a slug, turning three undead heads into ground chuck. He then kept running, until he reached the police station. He jumped through a window, blasting two more corpses while in mid-air. Unfortunately, that threw his mid-flight balance off, and he hit a wall in the station, knocking him unconscious.
---------------------------------
30-50 seconds later...
As he gets up from his slight concussion, Titus' vision was blurred, but not enough to keep him from blasting a creature that tried to climb through the broken window. He turns around.
"Yo! Anybody still here? I need help blocking off a window that I broke through!"

Edited by Fire Ze Missiles!, 22 July 2006 - 06:27 PM.

OLD SIG
When history witnesses a great change Razgriz reveals itself,
first as a dark demon. As a demon it uses it power to rain death upon the land,
and then it dies. However after a period of slumber Razgriz returns
As the demon sleeps, man turns on man.
Its own blood, and madness soon cover the earth.
From the depths of despair awaken the Razgriz.
Its raven wings ablaze in majestic light.
Amidst the eternal waves of time
From a ripple of change shall the storm rise
Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon
Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath
The demon soars through the dark skies
Fear and Death trail its shadow beneath
Until Men united wield a hallowed sabre
In Final Reckoning, the beast is slain.
Razgriz intrerpretation

Posted Image <-This stays up there for you, buddy!

#22 Fire Ze Missiles!

Fire Ze Missiles!

Lord High NukeMaster

• Members
  • 1,200 posts
  • Projects:The Ziggurat generally, Apocalypse in particular.
  •  Refuses to be beaten by Vortigern.

Posted 22 July 2006 - 07:02 PM

"Er... hello" said Titus to the uniformed black man as he entered the room. "I'm Titus. Titus Atley."
"Uhuh. Look's like we're gonna have to block up the window, before that guy gets up again." Harvey said, pointing to one of the creatures Titus had blasted earlier.
Titus laughed "I don't think he's getting up any time soon. A shotgun shell to the face has that effect on people."
"Yeah, but they aren't people are they?" replied Harvey, breaking a leg off a nearby chair.
"Hey Gina, got any nails?"

Soon, everyone was collected together in the station briefing room. Appropriate.
"Ok, everyone" said Harvey, striding to the front "My name is Harvey and in case you hadn't guessed it was me who sent you the broadcast that brought you all here. I suppose you're all wondering what my master plan is?"
Murmurs of acknowledgement followed.
"OK, well. Basically, there's a military base a bit further south of here. Maybe a few weeks long hiking, but we can't hike, with all of the infected out there, it would be to dangerous. Anyway, there are a few army guys in there, but their radio is secure band only. I got it on my police one but it wouldn't have been on yours. Anyway, they're growing food and stuff and have got everything running smoothly. Except for the rampaging hordes of walking corpses of course. So, they called for others to come to them, i got the call and called for others to come to me so we could go to them. Everybody got that?"
Silence. Someone said "Er..."
"Good. So, we're going to this army base and we're leaving tomorrow. Any questions?"
"How do we defend ourselves?" asked Yuri. "I for one am now totally unarmed and beginning to regret leaving my fire axe in the back of skull."
"Don't worry about that," replied Harvey, smiling "this is a police station!"

Edited by Pastinator, 29 July 2006 - 08:14 PM.

Of course I don't look busy; I did it right the first time.
Ever stop to think and forget to start again?
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
FZM and Vort don't do tag wrestling...but if they did, they'd probably be the worst tag-wrestlers in the world.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Oh for fuck's sake!

#23 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 22 July 2006 - 08:40 PM

OOC: OI, BITCH! Don't godmod me. Infact, I'm going to delete that entire paragraph. It is for SPENCER to RP his characters, and it is for BLODO to play Yuri, and it is for ME to play Regina. Firezemissiles gets this week's Godmod of the Week award. The paragraph has been deleted. I shall now post.
Don't do it again, fzm, or I might end up serving you your spleen on toast... :p I get very protective of my characters, so I don't appreciate you godmodding, even in the name of plot advancement. We will get to the station when Spencer posts.

IC: Regina pushed herself harder, dragging the labcoat-toting people along with her. She knew she was probably running too fast for the scientists, but if they didn't pick up the pace, they were all goners. Regina risked a look over her shoulder. There wasn't more than thirty feet now between them, but the door wasn't far away.

"Faster, doc!" She didn't know he was a doctor...but it seemed the sensible thing to say.

#24 earini

earini
  • Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 08:51 PM

OOC: I wasn't super appreciative of the godmoding either. Going back to the point where Niall was asked "Alright. What about you?"

IC: "Before all this I was a drifter, wandering across the country, sleeping wherever I ended up at the end of that day. I happened to be around here when the the goddamned corpses came. You can call me Niall," then with the faintest hint of a smile on his face,"like the river."

Edited by earini, 22 July 2006 - 09:04 PM.

#25 Blodo

Blodo

The one who disagrees

• Project Team
  • 3,002 posts
  • Projects:siteMeister, Mental Omega
  •  The wise guy

Posted 22 July 2006 - 11:35 PM

OOC: Seriously this story needs to be cleaned up. I lost track of what is going on due to the now fucked up timeline.

ARGUMENT FROM CREATION, a.k.a. ARGUMENT FROM PERSONAL INCREDULITY (I)
(1) If evolution is false, then creationism is true, and therefore God exists.
(2) Evolution can't be true, since I lack the mental capacity to understand it; moreover, to accept its truth would cause me to be uncomfortable.
(3) Therefore, God exists.

#26 Fire Ze Missiles!

Fire Ze Missiles!

Lord High NukeMaster

• Members
  • 1,200 posts
  • Projects:The Ziggurat generally, Apocalypse in particular.
  •  Refuses to be beaten by Vortigern.

Posted 23 July 2006 - 06:47 PM

OOC: Whoa, sorry everyone. I just wanted everyone in one place. I apologise for god-modding, as you say, but a combination of having my guy already there and being power drunk with pastinator's characters makes it really hard not to. :( I don't really mind so long as everyone gets into the damn station. i did try to represent everyone's characters as the owner does, but if i got the tone wrong i'm sorry again.
Timeline wise, to clarify, everyone is in the station but Regina and Thomas haven't told us how they got there yet. As soon as they do we'll get going on the rest of the story.
Of course I don't look busy; I did it right the first time.
Ever stop to think and forget to start again?
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
FZM and Vort don't do tag wrestling...but if they did, they'd probably be the worst tag-wrestlers in the world.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Oh for fuck's sake!

#27 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 06:52 PM

OOC: I'm still waiting for bloody Spencer to post. He can post our arrival in the station.

#28 MSpencer

MSpencer

Think Tank... Legend?

• Hosted
  • 4,120 posts
  • Projects:Admin @ Meaaov Gaming, university studies, ugh... research. GNP's Flagship of the Left.
  •  Angry, angry bastard.

Posted 24 July 2006 - 05:33 PM

OOC: Oy woman. I'll post now then.

The two continued running, dragging along the now delirious and nearly unconscious woman. A figure jumped out of the shadows towards Thomas to be met with an exposed syringe. Hesitating for a second, the creature dropped from cardiac arrest brought on by a massive dose of nicotine. The steps on to the fire escape were just feet away. As Yuri had found out before, the main door was blocked quite thoroughly. The group kept going until they felt the feeling of metal under their feet... bounding up one flight of stairs and then another.
Now hopefully, the bastards couldn't climb.
Posted Image
My Favorite Website.My UniversityAnd... Mein Kampf?
C. elegans for President

#29 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 07:56 PM

Regina let go for a moment, slamming the door at the top of the fire escape shut after they made it inside, and taking the moment to replace the empty clips in her guns before holstering them.

"Too close. Too damn close." She took a moment to catch her breath and took a look at the scientist. She drew a small bandage from her beltkit. It wasn't much but it might make a tourniquet to stem the bleeding until proper assistance could be rendered. There probably wasn't an infirmary in a police station, so it was best to prepare for that.
"What was that stuff you punched into that thing?" she asked as she wound the bandage around the wound.

#30 MSpencer

MSpencer

Think Tank... Legend?

• Hosted
  • 4,120 posts
  • Projects:Admin @ Meaaov Gaming, university studies, ugh... research. GNP's Flagship of the Left.
  •  Angry, angry bastard.

Posted 24 July 2006 - 10:24 PM

"About six grams of pure nicotine in an aqueous solution," he panted out, out of breath, "enough to... cause a major heart attack instantly... ugh... this is why I don't run..."
Fishing through a large pocket, he pulled out two small bottles.
"This is all I was carrying, and I've only got one hypodermic needle left. The lab's got tons, but it's about six miles in the other direction through an army of walking corpses, and you won't find it at hospitals," Thomas said twirling the little bottles around before setting them down on a nearby desk. The room they were in appeared to be office space of some kind, perhaps for detectives. On one wall, a smear of blood defaced some hanging, official-looking papers, and a desk near the door had been knocked over, now resting on top of a pool of coagulated blood.
"Make sure you don't let those stitches pull at her skin, some of them might still be intact. She should have the stuff we originally used on her, just some thread and a needle though. We had an MD, but he... well... he didn't make it," he continued to say with a blank stare out the window.
They had really only been in that lab for about three weeks... before that they were trapped in various parts of the building behind barricades hastily constructed with whatever could be brought to bear. Now, where there had once been fifteen, two remained...
Posted Image
C. elegans for President

#31 Blodo

Blodo

The one who disagrees

• Project Team
  • 3,002 posts
  •  The wise guy

Posted 25 July 2006 - 02:22 AM

((OOC: I've got absolutely no idea ho I've gotten into the station.. Must've teleported through the wall or something. Anyhow, I'll play along.))

Yuri was casually sitting on a bench, inside the station. He pulled out a cig as usual, scanning through the group of people talking around on the other side of the room. He was still holding the gun in his other hand.
- "Figures" - he thought.
- "There's no bullets left anyways so I might just keep it for the visual pleasure.. Unless whoever these pricks are are willing to spare some."

He took out a metal hipflask and drank a quick one from it, immediatly hiding it after.
- "So what else do we have here except criminals and cops?" - he asked outloud with an ironic tone.

(2) Evolution can't be true, since I lack the mental capacity to understand it; moreover, to accept its truth would cause me to be uncomfortable.

#32 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 12:30 PM

((OOC: I'll assume Regina and Spencer's chars are in another room, so I can't answer your question Blodo :p ))

"I'm only training in basic first aid. I'm no medic. I doubt we'll be able to get her back to the hospital, so I guess you're in charge of her, Mr, uh...?"

The tone of her voice indicated she was asking for his name.

#33 MSpencer

MSpencer

Think Tank... Legend?

• Hosted
  • 4,120 posts
  •  Angry, angry bastard.

Posted 25 July 2006 - 05:05 PM

"Hughes... Thomas Hughes," he said, extending his hand after an awkward silence for a moment. Ponderance perhaps, perhaps something more.
Oh it had been a while since he had met someone new, shook their hand, perhaps a family friend, an old acquaintance, a new coworker. A social life, the elegant parties all paid for by the pharmaceutical companies which he was forced to attend, the casual nights out at a local restaurant with friends, or a night of quiet reading with Chinese takeout. Yes, so much but so little yet, and all snuffed out in the period of a day or so. A life ruined, a chance for redemption, a chance to take back his life? Perhaps... no, he decided. It would be long before the creatures succumbed to hunger, or worse, were put down by merciful angels of death. Such time until then, weeks, months, years, decades... but the human race might go on. A cure might be found, perhaps a hospital, a military hospital, AMRIID maybe? His mind snapped through faces in his biochem classes, one of them was set on medical school and working there... perhaps he was still alive, or maybe face down in a ditch shot by his own comrades in an attempt to save themselves from what he had become. And in the last moments of his life, Thomas wondered, did he perhaps realize what was going to happen? Or did life go on in his mind? Was he trapped walking around driven by emotions, the real conscious mind buried away in sub-human tendencies and urges? A man, locked away in a mental castle keep, watching himself kill, maim, eat, and perform brutal acts of savagery?
Fatalism, he decided. No matter what we do here, we'll end up out there... them.
Posted Image
C. elegans for President

#34 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 05:27 PM

"Regina," she replied, shaking his hand ever so slightly. There were more pressing matters at stake than long introductions. At any rate, she had to find others. Yuri had just took off. Why?

"We'd, ah, better get your friend inside," She crouched down once more, lifting her head up by the chin to look into the woman's glazed eyes. "Hello, can you hear me? Can you tell me your name?" She flicked her gaze up at Thomas, to fill in the info in case she couldn't. Hearing one's own name could sometimes get attention from even someone in a state like this. She'd lost a lot of blood, and it looked dicey. How they'd keep her alive was anyone's guess, but Regina knew they had to keep her conscious.

#35 MSpencer

MSpencer

Think Tank... Legend?

• Hosted
  • 4,120 posts
  •  Angry, angry bastard.

Posted 26 July 2006 - 08:22 PM

"Right, right, her name's Elizabeth, I don't know too much about her, we didn't talk much for the past two weeks," he said, awkwardly taking off his coat and putting it on the desk nearby.
Posted Image
C. elegans for President

#36 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 09:45 PM

She looked at him as if he had three heads. His callous attitude with regards his companion were utterly unbelievable to her. She had to get some use out of the guy.
"Well, you're the doctor. Are you just gonna stand there and let her bleed to death, or are you going to do something useful to remember you by when your brain gets eaten?"

#37 earini

earini
  • Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 11:41 PM

Niall walked across the room to where the man with the cigarette in one hand and the gun in the other was sitting. "I'm no cop, and maybe I'm a criminal, but it doesn't matter now, does it?" He offered his hand and introduced himself, "My name's Niall."

#38 Blodo

Blodo

The one who disagrees

• Project Team
  • 3,002 posts
  •  The wise guy

Posted 27 July 2006 - 12:18 AM

Yuri looked up at him for a second.
- "Yeah... I suppose it doesn't matter."
He took the cigarette in his mouth and stood up, looking at the man for another second.
- "Yuri Ledrov." - he replied while turning around and walking closer to the barred window, never shaking the other man's hand. On the other side of the window a whole crowd was standing, waiting for somebody to go outside, so they can rip them to shreds and make whats left of them one of their own.
- "This.. is crazy." - he said to himself outloud. - "Anybody got any ammo to spare?". He held his gun up and pointed it to his left.

#39 Pastinator

Pastinator

Wild(With An M)

• Members
  • 774 posts
  • Projects:Apocalypse-Zombie RP in the RPG Guild

Posted 29 July 2006 - 05:10 PM

"This is a police station dumbass! " Shouted Harvey he wasn't usually agressive by nature, but wanted to somehow keep a firm grip on this group, he wanted to be very sure he remained the leader.
In a calmer tone he spoke again "Theres lots of ammo for police issue pistols, shotguns and SMG's if you need them. Theres also about three pistols left one SMG and a shotgun if anyone wants them."
Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image
Join the Campaign for Insanity! Don't Put This in Your Sig to Show your Support!

#40 earini

earini
  • Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 06:51 PM

Niall thought for a moment, then told Harvey, "I kinda want the shotgun, it'd be more powerful, but think I'd be best off with one of the pistols. I'm not sure I know how to shoot it, though. The last time I fired a gun was with my grandpa when I was a little kid. It's not hard though is it? Point and shoot, right?"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users