#222 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 18 November 2010 - 08:15 PM

It's all up to balancing which will commence with the release of 3.0 beta.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#223 eil

eil
  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 07:06 PM

is there a sacred wisdom about using Crazy Ivan? i can't make any use of him :( any ideas, please?..

#224 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:44 PM

We can't really care about old Ivan atm.. the new one runs and uses too much fire.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#225 DesertRose

DesertRose
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 10:49 PM

His bombs don't explode when the affected unit is in a transport, and afaik the bomb goes up if the target is destroyed, too. So, place his bomb on 5 Conscripts, let them enter a Flak Track, place a bomb on the Flak Track as well and move it towards your opponent's forces. If it is destroyed all Conscripts will exit and immediately blow up because the timer has expired.

#226 eil

eil
  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 05:16 AM

We can't really care about old Ivan atm.. the new one runs and uses too much fire.

so the new one is a way more useful/powerful..?
DesertRose, good strategy, but it seemed to me that if infantry is in some vehicle it won't come out if it was destrojed- am i mistaken?

Edited by eil, 07 April 2011 - 05:18 AM.

#227 Zenothist

Zenothist

Former Mentalmeister

• Project Team
  • 1,727 posts
  •  Each post handcrafted for the discerning reader.

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:54 PM

The new Crazy Ivan is considerably better and useful. I can confirm that.

#228 Black/Brunez

Black/Brunez

Title? What title?

• Project Team
  • 1,262 posts
  •  Mentalmeister - Random Annoying Guy

Posted 07 April 2011 - 04:58 PM

The new Crazy Ivan is considerably better and useful. I can confirm that.

Same here

#229 generalcamo

generalcamo
  • Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:21 PM

This AI is, hard. I can barely survive the original AI, can someone give me tips on how to defeat an AI team of four?

#230 Aasgier

Aasgier

title available

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 06:19 PM

When defending, just spam infantry and Mirage Tanks if you're allied. Deploy some Snipers to kill those of your enemy, and watchout for Dogs (so train enough GI's and maybe an Enforcer or two, or Tanya). If you're Soviet, you will have problems with enemy Kirov's, but other units won't be much of a problem (Infantry & Rhino spam, with the occassional Apocalypse, Flak Track or Siege Chopper)... try to intercept Snipers/Viruses early though, if needed use Migs or Terror Drones.

When on the attack, big and powerful units, which are well-reinforced with AA, will form the demise of the AI.
Kirov Airships will do well. Not really much strategy involves if you spam these. Fifteen are sufficient to blast an Expert AI to smithereens.
If you're allied, a Navy Task Group centered around a Battleship (or two of them) works well too). Again, not much strategy though your task group must be well organized to defend your battleship (try to not lose a single ship). If there's no Navy, build a well-organized land force, but this involves some strategy because you need to cover everything (and don't forget some spies to shut down enemy power which should allow you to take down Grand Cannons, and you shouldn't forget the Sniper IFV either). Also, Barracuda's are always helpful if you're Allied but you can't win a game with them alone - Use them for precision strikes against enemy defenses.

I never use Yuri. He sucks, but that's just my personal opinion.

#231 generalcamo

generalcamo
  • Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 07:04 PM

The stealth does not help either, the lag I get really outweighs any benefits you get from it.

#232 Zenothist

Zenothist

Former Mentalmeister

• Project Team
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 08:01 PM

Psychic Interrupters and their mobile counterparts have been removed from 3.0.

#233 TheQuackSavior

TheQuackSavior

I am the only one who's earned that right in the entire univ

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • Projects:Some Super Mario World ROM hack
  •  WAAAAAHH!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 06:29 AM

The 2.0 Psi AI is quite difficult, however. I was win AI easily,

Read the tip before you have to duplicate like under this
Allied: Crank out the GGI and grouped them and press D to prevent tank rush, then send some mirage tank and sniper to wiped out the attack dog. Once you build Tech center, build Grand Cannon and lot prism tank(Watch out for run out of money) once send out the Prism Tank to destroy the base, send Tanya in IFV to crushing out the remaining force(If you put hero unit in IFV, you get a Centurion mode)
Soviet: Send lot of Rhino and crushing the base, if enemy AI build GGI(Allies) Use halftrack to wiping GGI, once build Battle Lab. Build Airfield and cranking out the Kirov(1500$ if you have Indrustrial plant) then send Apocalypse and crushed the base while Kirov fries infantries
Epsilon: Build a lot of Lasher tank as much you can, send them to enemy base. To prevent enemy destroy the tank, build 5 Chaos Quad and go head into enemy and deploy them(If you play as CF, Build alot of D. Fist as much you can and sending them to enemy base. Oh god no! Deviation Fist destroy the enemy base. THIS IS BERSERK WAR!!!!!!!! :xcahik_: :xcahik_:

Boom! I'm back, babies!

#234 Zenothist

Zenothist

Former Mentalmeister

• Project Team
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 10:34 AM

The Deviation Fist is worthless for base cracking, but it works wonders when used in Tank Bunkers.

You can get Snipers at T2, put them in IFV's for easy elite IFV's.

The AI loves to use Harriers and MiG's against your miners. Build plenty of miners (6-8) and guard them with AA. Be mindful that fighters will occasionally take pot-shots at your refineries as well.

Starflares will always go for power sources. Keep this in mind when building Nuclear Reactors as you'll need sufficiant Flak Tracks to defend them.

Desolators on ledges > Mirage Tanks. Abuse the fact that Mirage Tanks have thin armor and deploy once in a while with Deso's.

Capture Oil Derricks asap. Due to the running cost feature in 2.0 (periodic loss of money for upkeep of buildings), you'll run out of money sooner than you expect. Use the derricks to compensate for this. Remember that it's better to capture an enemy derrick than destroy it.

#235 TheQuackSavior

TheQuackSavior

I am the only one who's earned that right in the entire univ

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • Projects:Some Super Mario World ROM hack
  •  WAAAAAHH!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 04:37 AM

Thank, I'll try this.

Boom! I'm back, babies!

#236 eil

eil
  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 02:07 PM

Capture Oil Derricks asap.

actually it's practically a 50% means you'll lose them very soon. 'cause as soon as you capture Oil, enemy(computer) rushes to destroy them(especially problematic are Kirovs). so if you capture it right from the start, there will be nothing to defend them with.

#237 Hecthor Doomhammer

Hecthor Doomhammer

Live Streamer

• Project Team
  • 1,282 posts
  • Projects:Livestreams
  •  C&C mods Livestreamer

Posted 23 September 2011 - 02:22 PM

That's why you should always put AA very close to those Derricks, in the path that those Kirovs will go once you know that path

Streamer of Rise of the Reds, Mental Omega and other mods

xqbQD6S.jpg

#238 eil

eil
  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 12:28 PM

That's why you should always put AA very close to those Derricks, in the path that those Kirovs will go once you know that path

still it's worse way. derricks are often too far to reach them with AA. and yet, after Kirovs will destroy them next target is main base.
so still -one needs to be well prepared/AA-equiped to capture and protect derricks. :cool:

#239 Hecthor Doomhammer

Hecthor Doomhammer

Live Streamer

• Project Team
  • 1,282 posts
  • Projects:Livestreams
  •  C&C mods Livestreamer

Posted 27 September 2011 - 05:18 PM

Another strategy that I sometimes use against AI, is deploy a second MCV near those Derricks and surround them with stationary AA defenses in advance, epeciallley if you can predict which path the Kirovs take

Streamer of Rise of the Reds, Mental Omega and other mods

xqbQD6S.jpg

#240 Aasgier

Aasgier

title available

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 02:04 PM

That works only if you're Allied though. And building a MCV, 4-6 Patriot Missiles, 3 Prism Towers, a Grand Cannon and the necessary power isn't really cheap anyway.

The only country in for an easy defense is Great Britain, because the "laser-trio" owns too much when combined (Aeroblazes, Prism Tanks and Mirage Tanks) :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users