mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#502 Zenothist

Zenothist

Former Mentalmeister

• Project Team
  • 1,727 posts
  •  Each post handcrafted for the discerning reader.

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:53 PM

We're working on it.

And Boris is staying dead.

He did ask for at least 2 sentences. :p

#503 Haxxan

Haxxan

What title?

• Members
  • 113 posts
  • Projects:None
  •  Mental Omega \m/

Posted 12 May 2012 - 12:42 PM

Hmmmmm

Edited by Haxxan, 12 May 2012 - 12:43 PM.

mainbanner.jpg

Mental Omega 3.0 on the web: 

bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_ds.pngbt_right.png

#504 zocker4ever

zocker4ever
  • Members
  • 57 posts
  • Projects:One Vision, Reasonable Revenge

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:01 AM

hmmm I really liked Boris but Morales looks kinda cool too, I hope you are going to kill him with style (or in a plain stupid accident).
Anyways, could anybody give me hint how to beat the final Epsilon mission? I've tried it in various ways now but I always get rushed by 12 rhinos, sometimes supported with Iron Curtain.
Tank bunkers won't work because Migs will attack them, Adepts either get killed by Terror Drones or are run over by rhinos and it's hard to reach T3 and build Master Minds.
And even if you succeed in defending the first waves the nuke will whipe most of your base for sure.

U_U

#505 Graion Dilach

Graion Dilach

Supérior Caliburwielder

• Project Team
  • 2,187 posts
  • Projects:Infinty Engine modding, OpenHV, Attacque Supérior (sometimes)
  •  That guy you keep hearing the stories about.

Posted 18 May 2012 - 09:50 AM

Considering that Soviets have no useful anti-armor early-game, Terror Drones will stay. They are pretty easy to counter already if you ask me. Only Eppy had some drawbacks but those will be rethought.

Boris was a great move to be phased out... Volkov is seriously better than him and Morales fits nicely to the Confeds.
kuuHd4s.png6pDXsCS.png
n0J1wqE.pngIX8pBXZ.png

AS Discord server: https://discord.gg/7aM7Hm2

ComradeCrimson: AS is the product of Hungarian acid
ComradeCrimson: And magical hussars
Dutchygamer: and Weird Al.

#506 Artas1984

Artas1984
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 05:09 AM

Sovet mission 8

I can bet my ass the developers have tested the 8 Soviet mission in the other universe, not in our, because if they had, they knew that it is impossible to defend The Centurion against continious drones waves, when all you have are a pair of disruptors, a pair of apocalypse tanks, a pair of emperors and four unseless rhino tanks - basically speaking all this combination is good when no more than 2 drones attack, but not only more than 2 attack, they come in the middle of the grunt swarm, literaly an endless river of grunts coming non stop in stream, so defence is totally useless. This mission, simply put it, is unbalanced, because you don't have the tools to counter some units, unlike in other missions; you devs made a mistake and now must you face it!
Another example of very bad misploit occoured right after i deployed my main base - after some short time a swarm of jets came and destroyed it while i was just building barracks. I started repairing base right after it detected damage, but with no avail - destroyed. Just another unballance, and i could continue some in similar way. This mission needs very drastic changes to good side, because as it is now in 2.0 - broken.

Soviet mission 9

Simply the same as Allied? It is not interesting to replay the same, there is just no motivation - do come with something better than this...

Edited by Artas1984, 08 June 2012 - 04:44 PM.

#507 Artas1984

Artas1984
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 05:25 AM

So after capturing the power plants i power-up the amplifier and wait.. Yuri video comes online, as expected, and his base with a nuke silo is revealed.

What next? Next is i am no longer in control of my units, just see the screen of epsilon base.

Yuri starts sending nuke rockets until all of my forces are wiped out from the map - game over. Is this is the "sarcastic ending"?

#508 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 05:51 AM

The MiGs were rebalanced and that broke the mission. The only way to fix it if you edit the rulesmd.ini. If you are there, maybe you should also edit the tesla coil to cost nothing and give you power, because I doubt it's possible to beat the final level without free defense structures.

#509 Zenothist

Zenothist

Former Mentalmeister

• Project Team
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:55 AM

The final Soviet mission will not be a carbon copy of the Allied mission in 3.0. Neither will the final Epsilon mission, naturally.

Mission 8 for the Soviets will most likely be scrapped, or completely redone.

Personally, I think we're going to be seeing this kind of difficulty scale for missions, in broad strokes:

Easy: More difficult than standard YR/RA2 missions, but still beatable for casual players. Some scripts specific for easy will help you out in tight spots.

Normal: No scripts to help you from Easy, more challenging for seasoned players.

Hard: Scripts will be used for the AI to pull dirty tricks. Beatable, but enjoy rage-quitting.

We won't be working on 2.0 anytime soon, but we'd still like to hear feedback on the missions.

#510 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:58 AM

Consider the mission finished when the nuke silo appears. As Solais said, in 2.0psi Patch 2 the Migs were nerfed and are no longer able to destroy that nuke in Dragon Dance.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#511 Artas1984

Artas1984
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:48 AM

When to expect the 3.0? I don't know if i should recommend 2.0 to a friend or wait? I am at his site. He also get's NPatch errors on his WIN XP like i on my WIN 7.

#512 Zenothist

Zenothist

Former Mentalmeister

• Project Team
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:36 AM

Whether you recommend the mod or not is up to you. Though we don't mind a little publicity of course. ;)

I'm afraid we really can't do anything about NPatch. I can't give you an exact date on when 3.0 will have a release, because there are still some things we would like to be finished before that time.

#513 Artas1984

Artas1984
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 04:25 PM

This mission will be available in 3.0?

#514 Artas1984

Artas1984
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 04:43 PM

So about these 2 last missions - will these missions be included in the 3.0 and will these be fixed? Will "Robot Storm" be balanced and will "The Fall Of Adam" be completely revamped?
All of the previous Soviet missions were more or less great.

In "Robot Storm", if nothing else, rhino tanks should be replaced with tesla tanks (to improve defence vs grunts), and Centurion should have 3 tesla troopers in his belly
(to improve defence vs terror drones) - take these words of mine seriously!

Edited by Artas1984, 08 June 2012 - 04:43 PM.

#515 Artas1984

Artas1984
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 04:52 PM

Mission "Frozen Candles".

So far the most challenging Epsilon mission - cursed many times while doing the stealth part. But now there is something that needs fixing right after you get base. In addition to the given troops, you must get several gatling gun cars too, because the PC starts spawning rocketeers, and the mission is, to put it simply, unbalanced - i for one could not finish it, because the rocketeers would destory my ground vehicles. I actually have trashed half of the map, without building a base, but then suddenly the PC started spawning rocketeers like crazy. You must give some 4 anit-aircraft units right from the start - this way i might be able to finish the mission without building a base.

Edited by Artas1984, 08 June 2012 - 04:52 PM.

#516 mevitar

mevitar

REEEEEEEEEEEEE

• Hosted
  • 1,971 posts
  • Projects:Doom Desire
  •  (◉ _ ◉)

Posted 08 June 2012 - 05:53 PM

I don't remember how exactly i did it, but i kept Centurion until the very end of Robot Storm mission, so it is possible not to loose it (i did it on hard). However, i'm pretty sure they can be easily held immobile by disruptors (if it's the unit i'm thinking about)...
And as for infantry, you can just ride over anything that is not a Tesla Trooper anyway.
ded signature

(◉ ᗝ ◉)

#517 Zenothist

Zenothist

Former Mentalmeister

• Project Team
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 06:28 PM

That is up for discussion.

#518 lovalmidas

lovalmidas

Yunru Kanegawa. Go figure. Go mental.

• Project Team
  • 1,192 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega Almost Perfect Yunru's Revenge Version 3.0
  •  Why am I not in the Centurion?

Posted 08 June 2012 - 08:52 PM

Hi Artas!

I am glad you have played the missions and like me (when I played them the first time), raged over the missions. But what is there to do? Real commanders don't really have much of a choice on the units that are given to them.

Other than "Dragon Dance" where the balance fix from 2.0c to 2.0psi prevented the mission from being completed, the other missions are possible to beat when you use the appropriate strategy. And finding the way to beat the mission is the most challenging and (to me) the most rewarding part of the campaign.

For "Robot Storm", well, if drones are getting into your Centurion, one of the few things you can do is to repair it (which you can do with either the Repair Depot, or Repair Drones). Or even better, make your Centurion is hard to reach. There are a lot of cliffs that obstruct your enemies and your Centurion, with its long range, can still make short work of your enemy's defenses and what not. If not, you need fodder in front of your Centurion (and other tanks), and selling buildings (except defense structures) that your Emperor Tanks capture will give you the fodder you need (and cash too!)

If you need Tesla Troopers in the Centurion (which would provide very limited help against drones), well, you can build them. :D You have been given Emperor Tanks that can capture a Barracks. ;)

I have not finished "Frozen Candles" myself (I lost because I turtled myself and made myself sitting ducks to enemy harriers, which was very foolish of me), but why are you trashing half the map without building a base? There is a reason why an MCV is given to you. :p The missions are challenging enough without you giving yourself more challenges. :D I'd like to see Yuri's face when his best commander requests for something he can easily get with a War Factory. XD

As for 3.0, only the makers of 3.0 know exactly the kind of missions that they are coming up with, but given the amount of work poured into it (look at the screenshots at their site), I am sure you won't be disappointed. :)

Sorry if I am being a bit harsh with my words just now, but you are talking about the last few missions of the Soviet and Epsilon campaigns, so the challenge would be expected. But what would a commander be if he doesn't prove him/herself above it? :D

30m70ag.png

Mental Omega on the web:
fbbutton.png ytbutton.png mdbutton.png dsbutton.png
IRC: #menthosogma (Rizon)

#519 fir3w0rx

fir3w0rx
  • Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 11:03 AM

The last 2 levels in the Epsilon campaign...

Missions 9 - Rage Against the Machine

Mission 10 - The Mental Omega

I was a little confused at the "end" of mission 10 because, like others have mentioned in this forum, the "Mission Accomplished" message was nowhere to be seen. Maybe it means that the battle has been won, but the war rages on as you prepare a new base for a new day... Mental Omega v3.0!

#520 lovalmidas

lovalmidas

Yunru Kanegawa. Go figure. Go mental.

• Project Team
  • 1,192 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega Almost Perfect Yunru's Revenge Version 3.0
  •  Why am I not in the Centurion?

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:00 PM

Those are really good videos. :)

Till now I have not completed Epsilon Mission 10. I always lost to the brutes. :( So the person who posted this video did an awesome job. xD

Although I can decipher why the "Mission Accomplished" message didn't appear, your perspective made me think its absence is intentional. That mission cannot be the conclusion to Mental Omega! Mental Omega will not end just like that! xD

Mental Omega v3.0 is based on the events before v2.0c/psi though, so if you truly want post-MO events, you can try my fan-challenges! (yeah I know, shameless self-advertising) But I recommend you to wait until my second installment near end-August. :p It's definitely a time-killer before 3.0 is released. ^^

30m70ag.png

Mental Omega on the web:
fbbutton.png ytbutton.png mdbutton.png dsbutton.png
IRC: #menthosogma (Rizon)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users