Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 17 August 2006 - 06:40 PM

Oh, I wonder if those will be included. *scratches head*

Of course they will! They're one of, like, the first five things you actually think of when you think of WW2. The other four are Germany, Panzer, Tank and D-Day. :p

I think it's a given they'd be included.

Watch my bonfire be royally pissed on when Mig says it's not going to be in :p

#22 wilmet

wilmet

muscles from brussels ?

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 06:53 PM

going out on a limb here, but I think you may be right Paradox :p

in fact I got the impression just about everyone were getting submarines :p
suppose the german ones will be cheaper to make to act as the main unit type thing...
apologising to the world on behalf of my country for the existence of Brussel sprouts and Jean Claude Vandame

"I'm not retreating, I'm just fighting in another direction" (anonymous US corporal, Korea)

work is sacred...so don't go near it.

#23 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

5700 vxl files & counting...

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  • Projects:D-Day
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 17 August 2006 - 07:34 PM

Yes there will be U-boats :p

Posted Image
Posted Image

#24 KingBase

KingBase
  • New Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 07:45 PM

whats happening about infitry?? :p

ugg i cant spell infintry* i think is how u spell it :p

#25 wilmet

wilmet

muscles from brussels ?

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 08:02 PM

the unit list thread has the main infantry written down:

>>>> unit list thread <<<<

example:

US

Rifle: M1 Grand
Sub-MG: Thompson
Anti-tank: Bazooka
Engineer: n/a

apologising to the world on behalf of my country for the existence of Brussel sprouts and Jean Claude Vandame

"I'm not retreating, I'm just fighting in another direction" (anonymous US corporal, Korea)

#26 LEGO

LEGO

title available

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 07:22 AM

about infantrys, what types do you think most featrues of every WW2 power?
Or ask in another way: how do you think to represant WW2 infantry tactics correctly of Each side?
personally think as follow...what in the () is for the whole side, not only this one unit
US: Bazooka (flexible/fast)
UK:Mortar (stable/acuracy)
USSR:AT-Rifle (massive/stable)
Germany: SMG (firepower/strenth)
Japan: Granade Lancher (agile/close combat)
Italy:?

Is it even close to truth? :p

Edited by LEGO, 18 August 2006 - 07:26 AM.

#27 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 18 August 2006 - 06:48 PM

All armies had their own variants on the same thing. And all were more or less as effective as the other. Granted, the BAR magazine held 20 rounds while the Sturmgewehr-44 held 35 or something, but on the whole they were all pretty similar when cross-compared with their equivalent...

USA had bazooka, Germany had Panzerschreck, lesser sides had panzerfaust prolly...

STEN mk2 vs Thompson vs HK MP40 vs PpSH...the only difference really is mag size. Other than that, the rope's as short as it is long.

USA had the rifle advantage with one of the few standard-issue semi-automatics in service (the M1 Garand). Everyone else used bolt-actions. The Enfield was arguably the most accurate, the Mosin the most reliable...

None of it really makes a lot of difference to an RTS. ROF might be the only deciding factor, in which case it'd be balanced against actual shot-per-shot power.

Of course, I'm speaking for Mig here, so all what I've just said could be complete tripe.

#28 DAA

DAA

Leader of Team Blitzkrieg

• Members
  • 242 posts
  • Projects:Modern Warfare TC
  •  Deutsches Military Officer

Posted 18 August 2006 - 07:17 PM

Mig I am just wondering are you going to add the Type XI U Cruiser and the Type XXI uboat ?

#29 KingBase

KingBase
  • New Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 03:44 AM

is ther gonna be any snipers? thers tones sniper stuff went on in WW2

#30 LEGO

LEGO

title available

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 05:59 AM

the rope's as short as it is long.

Thx Paradox, got the idea. :p
tho I still think while the weapons are more or less alike, there should be some real differences in tactics.
and to presant those differences should not be only a ROF matter.
For example, both facing an advancing Panzer, Soviet AT-Rifles have to "for the MotherRussia!" and hold their position and heavy gun, while Barzookas can move around to get out the reach of MP40s...
So is there any tactical featrues that worth to show (and sure able to show) in D-Day? ;)

#31 wilmet

wilmet

muscles from brussels ?

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 11:28 AM

I wouldn't worry too much about balancing, mig and andre know their stuff.

#32 Andre27

Andre27

Crazy Forum Cat

• Hosted
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 01:04 PM

;)

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Andre 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.

Posted Image

- The mathemathical probability of God existing is 67% -

"We are the Borg. Existence as you know it is over. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile."

#33 LEGO

LEGO

title available

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 12:21 AM

I wouldn't worry too much about balancing, mig and andre know their stuff.

I'm sure for that :p just want to know some before the unpredictable release :p

#34 Andre27

Andre27

Crazy Forum Cat

• Hosted
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 09:11 AM

An interesting note: Anti tank rifles were far from useless against advancing german tanks. Although the frontal armor could not be pierced, sometimes weaker armor on the sides or on top could, not to mention damaging things like periscopes .

AT rifles were used in great numbers by the Russians.

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Andre 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.

Posted Image

"We are the Borg. Existence as you know it is over. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile."

#35 wilmet

wilmet

muscles from brussels ?

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 09:20 AM

so you're saying that in game,where it might take a panzerschrek 1 or 2 shot to blow up,let's say a sherman, it would take the russian AT 7 or 8 hits?

#36 Andre27

Andre27

Crazy Forum Cat

• Hosted
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 11:17 AM

It's too early to say how the AT rifles will be used ingame, but in real life they were far from useless against tanks.

Posted Image

#37 Rattuskid

Rattuskid

I used to be somebody noteworthy... I think

• Members
  • 1,064 posts
  • Projects:Osmium (mostly dead), Immunizer (crib death) and Spritezkrieg (also crib death)
  •  Rattus Norvegicus (bitch)

Posted 22 August 2006 - 08:12 PM

AT rifles also make for excellent spalling, even if they can't pierce the armor of those early war tanks.
Being a total douche.

#38 LEGO

LEGO

title available

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 12:39 AM

It's too early to say how the AT rifles will be used ingame, but in real life they were far from useless against tanks.

yes AT rifles have their advantage: longer effective range than those RPGs, more ammo carried, and can snipe as a part time job, if I remember correctly ^_^

for the game, while guns under 20mm do no meaningful harm to tanks, RPGs do decent harm to tanks but little to separated moving infantrys due to low reload-rate and inaccuracy, AT rifles could be a good choice between. multi-role and low cost will encourage ppl build them in enough numbers to take out tanks with their low but meaningful damage.

or suddenly there is another idea: AT weapons can slow down incoming tank speed. Tho hard for AT rifles to take out tanks themselves, they can bring much more chances to the their swarm comrades with PPSh and Molotov Cocktail :ohmy:

#39 Gaffel

Gaffel

title available

• Members
  • 387 posts
  •  <-_->

Posted 23 August 2006 - 01:58 PM

Mig are you gonna make "Karl Morser German Heavy Assault Gun SU-600

heres a pic
http://www.tankmuseu...ges/pav6-14.jpg

#40 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

5700 vxl files & counting...

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  • Projects:D-Day
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 23 August 2006 - 04:42 PM

I have already made the Karl but that was for the old version of D-day tho. I don’t plan to make a new one but I might make it for fun once everything else is done.

Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users