#101 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts
  • Projects:The Elven Alliance, Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 18 November 2006 - 04:26 AM

Oh yeah, I am going to split them. But let's call that Elven Alliance II for now lol. Still gotta finish the first one.

Gah! Just saw the new units EA has added to their Elves with the RotWK expansion... Lindon Horse Archers and Noldor Warriors... That's a kick in the teeth.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#102 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 04:29 AM

so you are going to finish balancing the game now and when you do split the elves and re-balcance. got ya :thumbsupsmiley:
Posted Image

#103 lecrae

lecrae

Jesus Freak

• Members
  • 153 posts
  •  learning how to skin

Posted 18 November 2006 - 04:44 AM

i was really unhappy with the new units added in ROTWK. They only added 2 new units to each faction :thumbsdownsmiley: And only the Dwarves and Goblins got heroes added. I am not going to buy it until it costs way less. You can get higher quality mods on this sight for free :thumbsupsmiley: Who needs an expansion :lol:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
98% of American teens have tried pot. If your're one of the 2% that hasn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

"For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" - John 3:16

#104 Gherrick

Gherrick

Drunken Bastard

• Project Team
  • 374 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 11:51 AM

Noldor Warriors look really cool...hope they gonna own :thumbsdownsmiley:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#105 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 02:31 PM

Noldor Warriors look really cool...hope they gonna own :thumbsdownsmiley:

They look identical to EA's Last Alliance Elves... Aren't they creative. Kinda like how their Black Orcs are just left over orc warrior models, the Dwarven Zealots are a bunch of recoloured Gimlis, Warg Pack is simply the wild warg, the new Haradrim are the same as what hundreds of modders have done over the years, and while I haven't seen him I can bet that Brand (and why the hell is he now "Prince"?) is a cruddy Faramir clone.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#106 lecrae

lecrae

Jesus Freak

• Members
  • 153 posts
  •  learning how to skin

Posted 18 November 2006 - 04:38 PM

i just have one question, how come EA does a crappy job with all this stuff :thumbsdownsmiley: Come one, these guys are "professionals" but modders do a better job with quality of work
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
98% of American teens have tried pot. If your're one of the 2% that hasn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

"For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" - John 3:16

#107 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 04:42 PM

Alright, let's get back on topic. I really don't want a "hate EA" thread on my boards.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#108 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 18 November 2006 - 09:40 PM

EA makes games for money :thumbsdownsmiley:
Modders make games for fun and because it is just what they do :lol:

They just copied you, they have a spy to check out your mod :thumbsupsmiley: :p

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#109 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 19 November 2006 - 02:21 AM

I felt that they did when they came up with BFME2 elves at all :thumbsdownsmiley:

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#110 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 19 November 2006 - 02:23 AM

Maybe, but only in the sense they are elves
Celeglin's are way better and true to the books :thumbsdownsmiley:

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#111 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 02:30 AM

what I meant was....

EA Guy - Look, a mod about elves... we don't have to read the books, yay! :thumbsdownsmiley:
Another EA Guy - Yay, this is great news :thumbsupsmiley: make sure you copy as much as possible, but do something that won't make him sue us....
EA Guy - Like..... ah, I know! We make Glorfindel look like out boss! :lol: that way, he can't sue us, and who wants a blond elf anyways?

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

#112 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 19 November 2006 - 02:32 AM

:thumbsdownsmiley:
Don't forget to make the elves die to everything!

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#113 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 02:33 AM

Lauri of all people i thought you would not be someone to do directly against what celeglin asked. :( :thumbsdownsmiley:

Alright, let's get back on topic. I really don't want a "hate EA" thread on my boards.

Posted Image

#114 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 19 November 2006 - 02:35 AM

We are not hating EA....
We are making jokes about them, there is a differance, however slight :thumbsdownsmiley:

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#115 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 02:40 AM

Lauri of all people i thought you would not be someone to do directly against what celeglin asked. :( ;)

ah, don't worry, I'm so not hating EA :p just as EL said, jokes ^_^ anyways, the thing about going aganist Cel brings back memories from the Avatar thread... :thumbsupsmiley:

I'll be doing that once I push the news down. But I still want to keep that piece of news at the top for as long as possible.
Back on topic.

Nothing related to this topic, but I have to say that I think Haldir looks like Leonardo DiCaprio :p

;)
back on topic, and I really like that your going to go on two sides for this Cel :thumbsdownsmiley:
in a few years this mod is going to be called, "Elves of Middle Earth" with factions like, Rivendell, Mirkwood, Grey Havens, Noldor, LothLorien, Refugee elves, elves of the blue mountains, and more :p :lol:

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

#116 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 19 November 2006 - 02:42 AM

:thumbsdownsmiley:

That would be awesome! :thumbsupsmiley:

I'm EL now :lol:

Edited by Elvenlord, 19 November 2006 - 02:43 AM.

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#117 swan

swan
  • Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 03:29 PM

back on topic, and I really like that your going to go on two sides for this Cel
in a few years this mod is going to be called, "Elves of Middle Earth" with factions like, Rivendell, Mirkwood, Grey Havens, Noldor, LothLorien, Refugee elves, elves of the blue mountains, and more

Well, I think Mithlond, Rivendell, Mirkwood and Lothlorien would be enough :rolleyes:

#118 Nazgul Lord

Nazgul Lord
  • New Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 07:44 PM

Sorry for being offtopic, but I had to contribute to this EA discussion...when EA makes a character (let's look at Glorfindel as an example), they just take the name, and a few key things: for Glordfindel, they said "Ah, okay, we have a strong elf named Glorfindel. He rides a horse (mount power), and can make it go faster by saying Noro Lim (wind rider)." That's what they do. That's why somethings aren't true to Tolkien; EA wants to make the gameplay good, not necesarrily quality or Tolkien-trueness. Modders do this because we like Tolkien's work and want to be as true as possible; were're after more than gameplay quality and money, we do it because we love it. Actually the guys that made this game are EALA, not technically EA. EA told EALA to make this game, so they did because they had to. As I said before, we modders make mods because we like to. Big difference there.

And I personally think two factions of elves are enough, then it just gets ridiculous. Personally, after this, I'd like to see Cel expand to things like Dwarves and Hobbits, and maybe a few evil factions, like Evilmen or Angband.
Do not come between a Nazgul and his prey.
Posted Image
92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

#119 zimoo

zimoo

Ecthelion of the Fountain

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  • Projects:Lurking until the off topic begins...
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 20 November 2006 - 09:25 PM

If he adds Angband then he might aswell add Fingolfins Noldor, Feanors Noldor, Sindar, Green-Elves etc all as factions. I'd like to see him stick to third age stuff (maybe with a bonus 2nd age faction, although I don't see how it'd be much different from third age elves).

Where EA went wrong with BFME was in their hiring decisions IMO. LOTR is an incredibly popular book, surely they could have hired staff with a general interest in it? I will say no more on the matter because of Celeglin's request.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Playing games? Ah, you'll never be a good modder if you get involved in actually playing them!

#120 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 03:56 PM

I think that one faction is enough, but two are of course a plus, and more? well, then it's just to much :p

and I wouldn't like if Cel made more after it, especially not hobbits :p I would more like to see his awesome skins for the old EALA crappy skins :cool:

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users