Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts
  • Projects:The Elven Alliance, Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 27 December 2006 - 07:53 PM

Something of note:

I've been replaying the campaign the past few days, and I just played through the Mirkwood mission with my Rohan army. I just started my next mission with them and all my Eorlingas and one battalion of Horse Archers had been replaced with 6 battalions of Mirkwood Scouts. Those Eorlingas and Archers were only level 2 (had built them to fill in the gap that Minas Tirith left in my army) and luckily the Scouts earn Fire Arrow upgrades during the Dol Guldur siege (something I wouldn't have been able to upgrade them with, because they take Elven Fire Arrows, not Rohan). The point is that this had never happened before, and I didn't know I had it set up to do this... It's pretty cool... Really makes me want to start making real Elf missions for the campaign... But yeah... Once I finally start testing the Black Gate mission, don't be surprised to see some Scouts in screenshots :p .

Posted Image
Posted Image

#82 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts
  •  That wandering conjuror...

Posted 27 December 2006 - 11:58 PM

Would it be possible to make some Elven missions (like have an actual Elven army, the same as the other factions)?
Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#83 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 28 December 2006 - 03:48 AM

that would just be too awesome! ;) :p

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#84 Thorontur

Thorontur

I'm Pr0, who are j00?

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 04:07 AM

Would it be possible to make some Elven missions (like have an actual Elven army, the same as the other factions)?

I don't even want to imagine how hard the coding would be for Cel alone. :(

#85 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 04:33 AM

That's why I said 'would it be possible'. It seems like it is, but indeed it would be one of the hardest things to modify. And I agree with Lauri.
Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#86 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 02:11 PM

I just don't know if it's possible. I know some things are as I've done some of it myself (working with and creating armies on the Living World Map) and have seen others do other parts (Halbarad was able to create new locations on the Living World). I don't know whether it will all come together properly though.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#87 swan

swan
  • Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 06:45 PM

Maybe it's possible to add Elven missions in skirmish? It would be Elven campaign in pieces, without Map, but easier to make, I guess.

Edited by swan, 28 December 2006 - 06:46 PM.

#88 Thorontur

Thorontur

I'm Pr0, who are j00?

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 06:58 PM

Maybe it's possible to add Elven missions in skirmish? It would be Elven campaign in pieces, without Map, but easier to make, I guess.

Get some mappers from 3rdage to reskin Dol Goldur on Mirkwood so that it looks as nice as Helm's Deep and Minas Tirith then turn Mirkwood into a stronghold map. That would be awesome since it'd focus on the Elves alot and bring them into the game nicely. *drool* Then get some guys from EA to bring their Sage programs over and make a cinematic for Dol Goldur. Then EA will be so impressed w/ Cel's work and TEA that they will support BfME again and TEA will be famous!

#89 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 01:41 AM

OK, now you're getting way too far ahead of yourself. :p But some help would probably be required.
Posted Image

#90 Thorontur

Thorontur

I'm Pr0, who are j00?

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 04:11 PM

OK, now you're getting way too far ahead of yourself. :p But some help would probably be required.

I was kidding after the "*drool*" :)

#91 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 12:28 AM

I know.
Posted Image

#92 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 30 December 2006 - 04:48 AM

Ok, that was pointless

So is this though :huh:
Aren't you making a last alliance mission?

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#93 Thorontur

Thorontur

I'm Pr0, who are j00?

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 04:51 AM

Ok, that was pointless

OMG cool. Tbh use the Mount Doom map that EA made for multiplayer. Do some tweaking on the terrain and it'd be great for a mission on both FoL and FoD. Make it the first level for each campaign, followed by Moria and Isengard.

#94 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 04:57 AM

Ok, that was pointless

Yes he is; that's where you're avatar came from, the warriors in the Last Alliance Mission. Though I don't know when it's going to come in (whether it's going to be a tutorial or the first campaign mission). I think Gil-Galad will be useable in this mission, and Elrond, definately Isildur, and we might be able to expect an Elendil somewhere there *looks hopefully towards Celeglin*.
Posted Image

#95 zimoo

zimoo

Ecthelion of the Fountain

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  • Projects:Lurking until the off topic begins...
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 30 December 2006 - 11:12 AM

A Last Alliance mission in the evil campaign wouldn't fit IMO. If by some miracle Sauron did manage to beat Gil-Galad/Elendil, he would have then swarmed over the rest of Middle-Earth relatively quickly.

EDIT. Maybe something like the Disaster of the Gladden Fields would be more suitable as an evil campaign mission?

Edited by zimoo, 30 December 2006 - 11:12 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Playing games? Ah, you'll never be a good modder if you get involved in actually playing them!

#96 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 01:35 PM

If a Last Alliance mission ends up being possible (I would only be doing a Good version; as I said before, I have no desire to do any evil campaign stuff) heroes would probably include Gil-Galad, Elrond, Glorfindel, Cirdan (with some cool armor, of course :p ), Isildur, and Elendil. Possibly Oropher and Amdir as well (depends on how much I want to do with the mission). If the last two heroes made it in, I'd be making some Second Age wood elves as well..

Posted Image
Posted Image

#97 Thorontur

Thorontur

I'm Pr0, who are j00?

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 07:01 PM

If a Last Alliance mission ends up being possible (I would only be doing a Good version; as I said before, I have no desire to do any evil campaign stuff) heroes would probably include Gil-Galad, Elrond, Glorfindel, Cirdan (with some cool armor, of course :p ), Isildur, and Elendil. Possibly Oropher and Amdir as well (depends on how much I want to do with the mission). If the last two heroes made it in, I'd be making some Second Age wood elves as well..

What about numenorean armor for the men and doing the dwarves also?

EDIT: as I was talking about a few posts earlier, is it possible Cel to get some mappers from 3rdage to make Dol Goldur on Mirkwood into a stronghold like Helms Deep and Minas Tirith?

Edited by Thorontur, 30 December 2006 - 07:10 PM.

#98 zimoo

zimoo

Ecthelion of the Fountain

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  • Projects:Lurking until the off topic begins...
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 30 December 2006 - 07:24 PM

TBH that would be more of a job for Celeglin than it would for a mapper. What you want would probably require new models/skins for the walls, which would then be easy to place down on the map.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Playing games? Ah, you'll never be a good modder if you get involved in actually playing them!

#99 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 08:50 PM

What about numenorean armor for the men and doing the dwarves also?

The first is already in the game. The second probably won't happen (not for any lore reasons, simply because I have no desire to make dwarves).

EDIT: as I was talking about a few posts earlier, is it possible Cel to get some mappers from 3rdage to make Dol Goldur on Mirkwood into a stronghold like Helms Deep and Minas Tirith?

As zimoo said, that's more of a modelling/skinning job than a mapping job. Furthermore, there aren't really any mappers at T3A (maybe a couple). Finding good mappers for mods is a tough job.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#100 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 09:15 PM

i know it is possible to make new armies and to combine them with existing armies, as the elvenstar mod did this with the evil campaign (a good job with it i might add). but to create entire new armies that attack on their own might be harder. and this would cause problems if you had the elven army attack the black gate, as the game might not be able to figure which army to summon
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users