Photo

Elven siege analysis

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

Poll: What are your opinions on Elven siege?

How hard do you find Elven siege is against FoL?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Would an Elven "siege hero" be feasible?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Rate the current Elven siege in terms of balance (1 being the lowest, 5 being the best)

Vote Guests cannot vote

#81 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 02 July 2007 - 09:34 PM

Her power that attacks gates and other buildings doesn't work.

What if they have cav? bye-bye archers.

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#82 Hearach

Hearach

title available

• Project Team
  • 350 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 03:31 PM

OK, then bring a few spears as well, Ningún problema :grin:
Posted Image
Posted Image

#83 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 03 July 2007 - 08:56 PM

What if they have archer's on the walls to kill your pikes?

Point is, you need most of the hero's or the ent summon to take down a castle effectivly.....

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#84 Taralom

Taralom

Self-proclaimed A**hole

• Project Team
  • 1,519 posts
  • Projects:Turned to Writing
  •  I R GOOGL'd

Posted 03 July 2007 - 09:45 PM

What about making a well balanced army with spears, archers, swordsmen, cavalry, siege machines, and all of the heroes??

end of topic :p
If the above post offended you in any way,
please take note that, until further notice, I don't care, so get lost.

#85 Hearach

Hearach

title available

• Project Team
  • 350 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 10:28 PM

Hmmm, now that I think about it, that may just work!

Note:I typed that without looking at my keyboard, I feel so proud of myself :p

Edited by HunterGXO, 03 July 2007 - 10:30 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#86 Gamlibold

Gamlibold
  • New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 02:29 PM

Even adding a ballista would completely change Elven siege. I have several ideas how to improve it:

1. Give Elves one Eagle, as a hero, cost 2000.
2. Give Elves a power called "Crushing roots", 6 PP, second tier. deals huge siege damage to buildings on the small area, maybe like 2 walls sections
3. Rams and ladders are quite good idea. Usefull only while attacking fortress, won't make Elves overpowered (can you imagine Elves with ballistas, but not while sieging? Just like Isengard, but with much better units). But rams should be more medieval, cost more than those Mordor's and Isengard's, be slow and have high defence, and have wooden covers, for example.
4. New unit - Elven Saboteur (Elven Guearilla sounds strange :) ). Just like Sentinels, extremely stealth unit, unable to attack, but able to open the gate.But I'm afraid it's impossible to code :(

great ideas and i think elves should be able to build an entmoot !!!! i really strongly think that and maybe the elves can have a form of beserker who can attack surrounding enemies at the same time and is reallly quick thatd b kwel he could have a spear with a elven blade on each end and spin it round real fast come in groups of only 1 like the beserker but with weak armour and elves shouldn't have fire arrows they should have 'Piercing Arrows Of Rivendel' or 'Barbed Arrows of Lorien' or something with the arrow tips glowing blue like forged blades instead of fire its just not elvish ^.^ and they could use ropes for climbing walls using the ladder climbing animation it might b complicated though the elves shouldn't be physical siegers (proper word?) they should be magical siegers and using ents and eagles and spells i believe and THEY MUST HAVE AN ENTMOOT BUILD OPTION LIKE THE ROHIRRIUM

PLEASE READ!!!!

Edited by Gamlibold, 09 September 2007 - 02:47 PM.

#87 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 09 September 2007 - 05:37 PM

In TEA, definetly not. The Elven siege is unique, and would probably not be changed.

TLT, who knows for certain?

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#88 Duplo

Duplo

ieatdirt

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • Projects:StopMotion the Matrix Burly Brawl smith fight in lego (its gonna be wicked sick man!) w00t
  •  n00b

Posted 09 September 2007 - 06:39 PM

;) i just feel the elves and ents are similar on the wood side of things cos they both love the wood and protect it live in it care for it and stuff, baisicly, elves are tree huggers so why not have an ent alliance with not just the rohirrium but the elves too its quite simple i mean they can summon ents but so can the rohhirim and there horse lords not tree huggers, there horse huggers. yeah!

#89 Taralom

Taralom

Self-proclaimed A**hole

• Project Team
  • 1,519 posts
  •  I R GOOGL'd

Posted 09 September 2007 - 06:45 PM

in that case the Rohan army needs a new siege unit. And a horse Catapult isn't the answer.
Celeglin wanted the Elven siege to be unique. With the entmoot he'd have to think of a way to let Rohan be capable of taking down enemy walls / gates...

Edited by Taralom, 09 September 2007 - 06:46 PM.

#90 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts
  •  That wandering conjuror...

Posted 10 September 2007 - 09:32 AM

in that case the Rohan army needs a new siege unit. And a horse Catapult isn't the answer.

For some reason an image of a horse being fired from a catapult came into my head. :p Weird. :p
Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#91 Duplo

Duplo

ieatdirt

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • Projects:StopMotion the Matrix Burly Brawl smith fight in lego (its gonna be wicked sick man!) w00t
  •  n00b

Posted 10 September 2007 - 09:32 AM

well since there horse huggers they probably dont want to part with horses why not lob disiesed cows over peoples walls instead, which causes people to take damage over time or have a ram this time on wheels with a rams head on the end cos there normadic arent they? you could put matt armour on the outside of the wood cage but is weak vs fire arrows. and then when the gates open if they havent got pikes charge through the gap with horses just in case there against themselves or gondor or are you gonna give the elves a rohan based wall in the style of that thin wall used in castles and use the thin wall for camps? if the elves have a wall, do they have a wall and gate in TLT? cos i got great ideas for the gate design...

Edited by Duplo, 10 September 2007 - 09:39 AM.

#92 Taralom

Taralom

Self-proclaimed A**hole

• Project Team
  • 1,519 posts
  •  I R GOOGL'd

Posted 10 September 2007 - 12:44 PM

For some reason an image of a horse being fired from a catapult came into my head. :D Weird. :p

Strange, that's the idea i had. Would definately be funny. :p

#93 Duplo

Duplo

ieatdirt

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  n00b

Posted 10 September 2007 - 02:51 PM

For some reason an image of a horse being fired from a catapult came into my head. :D Weird. :p

Strange, that's the idea i had. Would definately be funny. :p

actualy the public enjoy secret easter egs you could put that in appart from as my text states they love horses too much try disiesed cows

#94 Taralom

Taralom

Self-proclaimed A**hole

• Project Team
  • 1,519 posts
  •  I R GOOGL'd

Posted 10 September 2007 - 03:15 PM

i don't think i'd even notice secret easter eggs. If Celeglins Grandma would be the palantir image for Thranduil(for example) i'd think i first wouldn't notice and after that find it annoying

[mhedit - you don't need all the quotes]

Edited by mh_gollum, 10 September 2007 - 06:05 PM.

#95 Duplo

Duplo

ieatdirt

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  n00b

Posted 10 September 2007 - 03:24 PM

lol you could tell the public there is a secret easter egg to be found whoooo! :p

and they could put ina hero who wasnt in the film called Taralom and see if anyone noticed (not that they would (no offense meant) )

Edited by mh_gollum, 10 September 2007 - 06:05 PM.

#96 Taralom

Taralom

Self-proclaimed A**hole

• Project Team
  • 1,519 posts
  •  I R GOOGL'd

Posted 10 September 2007 - 05:31 PM

except the people of Revora.
EA put lots of heroes in BFME2 and thanks to this forum i found out most of them aren't even mentioned in the books or films(Drogoth and that Goblin king for example)

Edited by mh_gollum, 10 September 2007 - 06:04 PM.

#97 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts
  •  That wandering conjuror...

Posted 11 September 2007 - 06:05 AM

So much spam...tut tut. And this is coming from the King of Spam. ;) Uhm, right, topic: I am 99.9999999999999999999999999999% sure that Celeglin won't include secret Easter eggs nor made up characters (apart from Celeglin, of course). :)
Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#98 Duplo

Duplo

ieatdirt

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  n00b

Posted 15 September 2007 - 06:09 PM

except the people of Revora.
EA put lots of heroes in BFME2 and thanks to this forum i found out most of them aren't even mentioned in the books or films(Drogoth and that Goblin king for example)

well past stuff i no he died 100 years or so ago in the hobbit but well there stuck for ideas. the only good thing about bfme2 is the hero editor. all the factions are buggered... pardon my technical language :p and now we can finaly and utterly expel this god damn argument.

Edited by Duplo, 15 September 2007 - 06:12 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users