52 replies to this topic

#21 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 05 January 2007 - 12:04 AM

I have actually deleted my whole directory, so this probably may not be the problem, since I did a clean install for 1000 times.

Did you hand delete ALL FOUR directories though?
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#22 Crimsonia

Crimsonia
  • Members
  • 7 posts
  •  The Red Sky

Posted 05 January 2007 - 12:15 AM

I think I might know what the issue is.

Are you trying to install contra through ModToaster? It is also possible ModToaster is screwing with ZH. :\

#23 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 12:22 AM

I think I might know what the issue is.

Are you trying to install contra through ModToaster? It is also possible ModToaster is screwing with ZH. :\

I also mentione that.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#24 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 January 2007 - 09:31 PM

Stealth General has a Scud Launcher that he is never able to actually build.

Also, I remember reading somewhere that acid tanks for Toxic General were going to be available at the start. I mean, he doesn’t really NEED them at the start because his other units are ok. I just think they are totally useless at a higher levels because Sterms outclass them in range, damage, and speed. Sterms are better at taking out both vehicles and structures and they actually stand a chance against powerful units like Overloads. Acid tanks are better at taking out weaker units since they are cheap and expendable. I edited my contra to allow me to start of with acid tanks and both me and my friends don’t feel that they are too overpowering, especially without their acid upgrade. I also changed their armor, since they are designed to take out tanks I think they should have been resistance against armor piercing weapons but weak against infantry rockets.

Oh, and I too have been getting that “serious error” message but only during a match involving many units. Does this happen to anyone else? It might be just my computer.

#25 CPT.TIKER

CPT.TIKER

title available

• Members
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 02:38 AM

Stealth General has a Scud Launcher that he is never able to actually build.

Also, I remember reading somewhere that acid tanks for Toxic General were going to be available at the start. I mean, he doesn’t really NEED them at the start because his other units are ok. I just think they are totally useless at a higher levels because Sterms outclass them in range, damage, and speed. Sterms are better at taking out both vehicles and structures and they actually stand a chance against powerful units like Overloads. Acid tanks are better at taking out weaker units since they are cheap and expendable. I edited my contra to allow me to start of with acid tanks and both me and my friends don’t feel that they are too overpowering, especially without their acid upgrade. I also changed their armor, since they are designed to take out tanks I think they should have been resistance against armor piercing weapons but weak against infantry rockets.

Oh, and I too have been getting that “serious error” message but only during a match involving many units. Does this happen to anyone else? It might be just my computer.

computer
did u say what mod u r playing?

#26 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

SAS Alpha Team Leader (Forum n00b Hunter 1st battalion)

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts
  • Projects:Remix Alpha Tester.
  •  I'm the remix alpha tester thats loves to attack n00bs... muhahah!!!

Posted 06 January 2007 - 03:12 AM

did u say what mod u r playing?

Tinker it is PAINFULY obvious that he is talking about contra V5.
U made me cry with that question tinker.. i expected better of you :blush: lol

And guest why download the mod if u are going to edit it so MUCH.
1 small detail maybe but the whole build system and armor? wtf.
O and one last thing this is "serious error" thread for peaple with an installing problem or an error during load up.
You are looking for the "STICKIED" topic near the top that says "suggestions" this is for contra v5, there also is a contra v5 bug reporting area.
Phoenix™ The Forgotten Samurai
A wise man chooses death before war, A wiser man chooses not to become war.
Posted Image
Foamy!?!! Xombie!?! Awesome Cannon Rock
Everyone should watch this and pass it on as its a very good argument on the subject of Global Warming.

#27 Spikey00

Spikey00
  • Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 03:42 AM

I have actually deleted my whole directory, so this probably may not be the problem, since I did a clean install for 1000 times.

Yes sir.

#28 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 04:35 AM

Yes sir.

OK, fair enough. By the error log though I am 100% sure your mod files are beeing seen by ZH or Generals. They don't have to be in the ZH or Generals folders, they can be anywhere the game can see it. This includes system folders and likely certain ModToaster folders, though I don't use mod toaster for exactly this kind of reason.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#29 Spikey00

Spikey00
  • Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 08:30 PM

So, what do you suggest? Any particular spots for such files?

#30 Crimsonia

Crimsonia
  • Members
  • 7 posts
  •  The Red Sky

Posted 07 January 2007 - 05:54 AM

The game is *probably* reading the files off of Contra as well as Mod Toaster. This is probably confusing it into crashing, due to reading conflicting and/or duplicate files.

I'd suggest just uninstalling mod toaster. That might help.

#31 Spikey00

Spikey00
  • Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 07:06 PM

Many people are assuming that I am trying to get Contra to run now, but I am actually trying to run ZH by itself.

#32 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 07:26 PM

Many people are assuming that I am trying to get Contra to run now, but I am actually trying to run ZH by itself.

do a full system search for .big files. After you delete ZeroHour and Generals make sure there are no .big files.

I understand what your trying to do, but I also know that your game is crahing because the exe is parsing an ini file (inside a .big) in the wrong sequence. That means its loading a mod BEFORE it loads the official files. ie: you have a mod problem with your clean install. Does that make sense?

You need to find and kill the mod file that is creating the propblem, where ever it is. So, do a hunt for all .big files and kill any that are out of place, just keep in mind that BFME1&2 use .bigs too.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#33 Spikey00

Spikey00
  • Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 01:47 AM

Alright. I will uninstall ZH again, and I will search for .big files. :p

#34 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 03:52 AM

Alright. I will uninstall ZH again, and I will search for .big files. :?:

Sucks to be you, Reinstalling zh is anoying over and over.

Hey i have a perfect fix for you if that dose not work..... one word "format" :p :p
Posted Image
Everyone should watch this and pass it on as its a very good argument on the subject of Global Warming.

#35 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore
  •  Misanthropic Hulking Adonis

Posted 09 January 2007 - 01:54 PM

lol i was just gonna suggest that.
but its a bit un nessecary just to get a mod to work, cause reinstalling windows and all the drivers takes ages. and you will need to back up all work/ anything important on you pc to a disk or something.
Posted Image
CnC Guild - As ancient as time itself.
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

Latest Remix Escalation on ModDB
Remix Escalation on Revora - Track the latest news and changes.

#36 Spikey00

Spikey00
  • Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 12:43 AM

Indeed, because I would be upgrading to Vista Premium anyways, with express install.

#37 Guest_kirk_*

Guest_kirk_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2007 - 06:36 PM

check you ZH\data\ini folder for ANY file. delete it if there is one.

some release versions of ZeroHour have a duplicate copy of the inizh.big placed there. this will make several mods (including Contra and Remix) crash.

hey im tryinto get contra 005 to work and it seems im having similiar problems getting the mod to work however i can play the game for a short period of time until it decides to crash, but when i try to go back on the game it loads and then just goes off can anyone help me as its really startin to get on my nerves

#38 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 06:44 PM

Indeed, because I would be upgrading to Vista Premium anyways, with express install.

Screw vista, IF i was you i not update it for atlest another 6 months minimal, new operating systems are always buggy and this is a complety new rework of wat microsofts operating system is so its probley better to give them time to make it stable.

But the most importent thing is it not going to support alot of programs or games u have when u first get it, its gonna suck till they sort any and all problems that users will find as they always do
Posted Image

#39 dave1

dave1
  • Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 06:45 PM

The most important thing to do is

lurn 2 spel.

#40 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 06:49 PM

Dave who are you speaking to?
And if u are going to say that surely u should aswell?
Lurn = learn.
spel = spell

Even if you meant to make them mistakes witch i don't think you did, you should have spelt proply
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users