• Please log in to reply
1151 replies to this topic

#61 Servant of Sauron

Servant of Sauron

The right hand of Saruman

• Project Team
  • 258 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 01:41 AM

Don't be so defensive Captain Gimli, I'm not rushing, merely asking. If Radspakr wants to say something to the effect of "when I get around to it" he's more than welcome to. It is his mod afterall.

The old world will burn in the fires of industry! The forests will fall! A new order will rise...we will drive the machine of war with the sword and the spear and the iron fist of the Orc! We have only to remove those who oppose us...

Posted Image
Posted Image

#62 Radspakr Wolfbane

Radspakr Wolfbane

The John Farnham of modding

• Members
  • 7,722 posts
  • Projects:Comeback tour
  •  The Retired Beard

Posted 01 May 2007 - 02:12 AM

At the moment I have a lot of Study stuff on and i've been coding a lot.
I've decided against adding Trolls to Isengard for gameplay reasons.
But they might be added into a spell.

Break dancing into the hearts of millions

#63 Captain Gimli

Captain Gimli
  • Project Team
  • 76 posts
  • Projects:Lone wolf beta tester

Posted 01 May 2007 - 02:51 AM

Don't be so defensive Captain Gimli, I'm not rushing, merely asking. If Radspakr wants to say something to the effect of "when I get around to it" he's more than welcome to. It is his mod afterall.

not trying to be defensive i just want the mod to be good sorry
Posted Image

#64 Servant of Sauron

Servant of Sauron

• Project Team
  • 258 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 03:57 AM

No worries, I over-reacted a bit actually. :) I apologize also actually as what I said was rather rude(just looking over again).

No hard feelings? :)

If there is anything I can do to help Radspakr, PM me.

Edited by Servant of Sauron, 01 May 2007 - 10:27 PM.

The old world will burn in the fires of industry! The forests will fall! A new order will rise...we will drive the machine of war with the sword and the spear and the iron fist of the Orc! We have only to remove those who oppose us...

Posted Image
Posted Image

#65 Captain Gimli

Captain Gimli
  • Project Team
  • 76 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 08:50 PM

yeah everything is okay everyone wants this mod to come out soon
Posted Image

#66 Captain Gimli

Captain Gimli
  • Project Team
  • 76 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 02:00 AM

any news?
Posted Image

#67 Radspakr Wolfbane

Radspakr Wolfbane

• Members
  • 7,722 posts
  •  The Retired Beard

Posted 08 May 2007 - 03:56 AM

The site will be down for a short time while I upload version 1.21.
as far as news goes when the site is up again there will be 6 new renders,19 screenshots, and 9 concept artwork peices.
A couple new units and some info on the Naval combat which will be added in Lone Wolf mod 1.01.
The new units include the Black Numenorean Swordsman,Corsair Sapper and the Corsair Pillagers.
The Dol AMroth Swordsman are now a solo unit.

#68 Radspakr Wolfbane

Radspakr Wolfbane

• Members
  • 7,722 posts
  •  The Retired Beard

Posted 09 May 2007 - 02:47 AM

Some of the pages won't show up for a while because I was unable to upload them I'll fix this as soon as possible.

#69 Radspakr Wolfbane

Radspakr Wolfbane

• Members
  • 7,722 posts
  •  The Retired Beard

Posted 15 May 2007 - 04:34 AM

The site is up and running again.sorry for the delay.
Saruman has been given some new spells the first is a Lightning strike,the second is the Lightning strike that hits multiple units similiar to Lightning Sword and the 3rd is a new Leadership ability that speeds up resource production when he is nearby.

Grima's Shank/Backstab ability will 1 hit kill Saruman even an ally Saruman.

#70 Lotrfan2

Lotrfan2

title available

• Banned
  • 328 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 10:55 AM

Very nice update :)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#71 Servant of Sauron

Servant of Sauron

• Project Team
  • 258 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 04:22 AM

One thing I noticed that I think you should add: Add Castellans to Dol Guldur as a hero. Maybe allow 2 or 3 to be trained kinda like Nazgul.

1 hit kill an allied Saruman? I'm afraid I don't understand why would the player want to do that?

Just a quick FYI. The Troll Aragorn fought in RoTK is named Mollock and he is the lord of the Trolls of Mordor. In fact Mollock means "troll king" in Black Speech.

Also, would you perhaps consider adding the Mouth of Sauron?

Edited by Servant of Sauron, 19 May 2007 - 04:27 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#72 Radspakr Wolfbane

Radspakr Wolfbane

• Members
  • 7,722 posts
  •  The Retired Beard

Posted 19 May 2007 - 01:29 PM

The mouth of sauron is already in the mod and will be built at the haven.
The Castletans is an RA thing and I don't want to go in that direction I instead have the Dark men of Rhun.I've known about Mollock though i'm unsure if it's the name RA gave him or the real name I haven't heard it mentioned anywhere.

#73 Servant of Sauron

Servant of Sauron

• Project Team
  • 258 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 05:34 PM

If I recall correctly that's his real name. Search it up on
www.tolkiengateway.com

Castellans aren't just a RA thing. They're also being used by Games Workshop(but it IS your decision)

Posted Image
Posted Image

#74 Radspakr Wolfbane

Radspakr Wolfbane

• Members
  • 7,722 posts
  •  The Retired Beard

Posted 21 May 2007 - 09:06 AM

I should clear up the whole 1 hit kill for Allied/enemy Saruman I put this in for fun to add a bit of reality to the mod will will likely do something similiar for Shagrat and Gorbag and maybe for Shanka.
I have also added a new subhero the Uruk who is always with Gothmog if anyone knows his name or could create one fror him it will help.
Also i'm not sure if I should add him to Morgul or Mordor.Also i'm plannning some subheroes for Morgul the Orcs that try to flee from Cirith Ungol in the book but get shot.
I'm also looking into adding in a couple new Rhun Heroes maybe even a 2nd Khand Hero.

I would also like to mention the new combos i'm implenting but I won't :xcahik_:

Ok I am anyway.
The combos will are for only certain Heroes but adds more strategies into the mod adding a little bit of RPG.
I'll use Khamul as the example.(and announce some of his new abs while i'm at it)
First up when your in close range to some enemies you use the new Black Speech ability that reduces Fear resistance to 0 for awhile and reduces Attack and Armor then you can use screech against units who have fear resistance.
The second starts off with the vacuum ability (next round of name an ability) this ability draws enemies in to him causing small damage from there you use the Black Speech ability then finally Shadow Blast that damages surrounding units.

Khamul is not the only character with combos but the rest you'll have to figure out when the mod is released/beta.

Edited by Radspakr, 22 May 2007 - 10:30 AM.

#75 Captain Gimli

Captain Gimli
  • Project Team
  • 76 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 12:49 AM

cool everything is looking good
Posted Image

#76 Radspakr Wolfbane

Radspakr Wolfbane

• Members
  • 7,722 posts
  •  The Retired Beard

Posted 23 May 2007 - 08:39 AM

I looked into Mollock and it sounds like something Games Workshop created and mods have been working off that.In fact I don't believe the name is actually black speech because the only black speech Tolkien mentions a couple orc words and the writing on the one ring.
So i've decided not to use the Mollock name unless I get confirmation of it's use in the Books/movies but if people want to refer to him as Mollock I don't really care.

A few notes on the Shire.
I've begun work on the Bree Militia who will function like the Rohan Peasants.
And i'm planning a few changes to the Dunedain units the Dunedain Scout will have basic attack and possibly a short invunerablity abilty.
I'm also adding in a Dunedain Swordsman who will be an elite unit the Dunedain Rangers will become solo units but also be regarded as elite units.
I'm considering removing the Dunedain Horsemen.

Gollum news- Gollum will be powered up a bit he'll have better armor and attack as well as new some new abilities like "Sneaking"
which makes Gollum immune to damage for a couple seconds allowing him to escape from harm.Tasty Fish which will heal damage when not under attack.Gollum will be one the Heroes who can pull off combos,mostly defensive.

Edited by Radspakr, 23 May 2007 - 08:48 AM.

#77 Pixel

Pixel

• Hosted
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 12:09 PM

I looked into Mollock and it sounds like something Games Workshop created and mods have been working off that.

No, Games workshop did not come up with the name "Mollock" and they dont even do a miniature called Mollock that im aware of.

In fact I don't believe the name is actually black speech because the only black speech Tolkien mentions a couple orc words and the writing on the one ring.

There is a book on the black speech, So there is enough to translate names and words i take it.

So i've decided not to use the Mollock name unless I get confirmation of it's use in the Books/movies but if people want to refer to him as Mollock I don't really care.

In the end of Return of the King, You see the troll battle with Aragorn, This troll is the main one that people class as "Mollock" But i think there is no confirmination of this.

#78 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 23 May 2007 - 12:13 PM

RA invented the name I belive :)

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#79 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 23 May 2007 - 03:39 PM

Yep, they did.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#80 Servant of Sauron

Servant of Sauron

• Project Team
  • 258 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 01:35 AM

Excuse my saying so, but I don't see how making up your own Troll heroes' name is any better than Mollock. Any way though it doesn't really matter.

Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users