Battle For The Caribbean Mod

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#81 Ryder

Ryder
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 04:53 PM

Ok this stuff looks absolutely great, im practically speechless. I really like Pirates of the Caribbean myself, keep up the good work. :D

#82 jimiojoe

jimiojoe

War Mungerer

• Project Team
  • 491 posts
  • Projects:X-Mod, The Harry Potter Modification
  •  Advice

Posted 02 March 2007 - 08:37 PM

Ok this stuff looks absolutely great, im practically speechless. I really like Pirates of the Caribbean myself, keep up the good work. :grin:

well im glad its making some people happy :)

--------------------------

http://forums.revora...?showforum=1474 - Updates will be shown there instead for now

--------------------------
Jimiojoe
A light from the shadow shall spring.

#83 Rudgey

Rudgey
  • Hosted
  • 141 posts
  • Projects:Pirates Of The Carribean: Pirates Of The Seven Seas
  •  Modeler, mapper,2d art, noob skiner and coder

Posted 15 March 2007 - 06:01 PM

jimiojoe i was woundering if you would like to try one of my models out in the game, but it will need to be skineed etc. and if you woud like to combine then i am willing to do that....rudgey..
RUDGEY

#84 jimiojoe

jimiojoe

War Mungerer

• Project Team
  • 491 posts
  •  Advice

Posted 15 March 2007 - 07:53 PM

yes we've gathered that but what do youuu want in this mod - what do you think we should do? i need some idea really what we're working towards.... my ideas are pretty clear on the hosted forums for "Battle for the Caribbean" but if we were to join i would yeh reconsider some and acknowledge your ideas

and have you got any other artwork to show at all? e.g. that davey jones model you talked about?

Edited by jimiojoe, 15 March 2007 - 07:55 PM.

Jimiojoe

#85 Rudgey

Rudgey
  • Hosted
  • 141 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 08:02 PM

my friend is working on him but is busy at the moment , he is an awsome modeler so as soon as i have it i will let u know,

i reali was just goin to make it like the film. it is not that much difernt to yours just that some of your modles are a bit rusty maby i cant realy tell. ....rudgey....

also with all of the heros and ships i was going to make it so that you can go into 3rd person veiw with them like on rise and fall civ at war.
RUDGEY

#86 jimiojoe

jimiojoe

War Mungerer

• Project Team
  • 491 posts
  •  Advice

Posted 15 March 2007 - 08:11 PM

ok i think i get what you mean....its just when you keep saying "like the films" that kind of vague... if you want to go along with roughly the kind of ideas i have im very happy with that,

my main ideas were

simply 2 factions: Pirates and Royal Navy,
to expand naval warefare with loads of different kinds of ships
include new neutral units and buildings, ie Tia Dalma
and make use of the ring hero function with Davey Jones.

the models i admit are not great and i have seen far better, if you can do better for them, especially ships because i have trouble with them, it sounds all good

about the 3rd person thing i really not sure how to do that.... i can do it on maps, where you set the camera like that, but as soon as you zoom out your back to birds eye view for rest of the game...

i like the look of your ship btw, if you want to send me it/upload it i can try skinning it and see how it works
Jimiojoe

#87 Rudgey

Rudgey
  • Hosted
  • 141 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 08:22 PM

yh i will be wiling to do that

:p also did u skin the other models that you have made?:'
RUDGEY

#88 jimiojoe

jimiojoe

War Mungerer

• Project Team
  • 491 posts
  •  Advice

Posted 15 March 2007 - 08:37 PM

yesss i did - but i can skin better, i originally intended in the end to go back over with better textures
Jimiojoe

#89 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader

Posted 15 March 2007 - 08:44 PM

also with all of the heros and ships i was going to make it so that you can go into 3rd person veiw with them like on rise and fall civ at war.

you know, before making a list of ideas and concepts, it would better to check what is possible with the engine :p
bartvh | Join me, make your signature small!
Einstein: "We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

#90 Pixel

Pixel

• Hosted
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 09:29 PM

Indeed, You can make your camera be behind the character. He wouldnt be able to move etc by using your keyboard though. It would still do everything the same as the original view. Would be very complicated to play :p

#91 jimiojoe

jimiojoe

War Mungerer

• Project Team
  • 491 posts
  •  Advice

Posted 15 March 2007 - 10:54 PM

yeh i've only seen it on maps like moria using heroes only where you use powers... its not ideal for when you have units all over the place though...
Jimiojoe

#92 rikolous

rikolous
  • Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 08:53 PM

Hey, i saw u had a request for map making :p i can make maps fairly well ? so im urs for the taking ;)
Posted Image
Release Your WKD Side ;)

#93 Eonwe

Eonwe

title available

• Project Team
  • 534 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 12:45 AM

Will Will Turner be with the pirates or the royal navy. Looks to be a good game.

#94 JEV3

JEV3

Mighty Armadillo

• Hosted
  • 719 posts
  • Projects:Game Enhancement Mod
  •  Coder, Skinner, Graphics, GEM Mod Leader
  • Job:T3A Chamber Member

Posted 21 March 2007 - 05:05 PM

I think this is mainly based off of the first movie with elements from the second one. If it was based on the third one, then the character lineup would be far different. The second one would be too hard to base on completely though, as everybody was on multiple sides on that one.
He who bears skill but lacks effort, makes himself inferior to those who have no skill but try nonetheless.
Posted Image
Posted Image
"There is some good in this world, and its worth fighting for!"
J.M.J.

#95 jimiojoe

jimiojoe

War Mungerer

• Project Team
  • 491 posts
  •  Advice

Posted 21 March 2007 - 05:27 PM

Will Turner will be for the Royal Navy Faction
- i know in the films he tends to more often than not fight AGAINST them, Battle for the Caribbean is using the Royal Navy as they would be if they were not corrupt with meanies from the films like Cutler Bennet!
- and after all Will is really a goodie and so thats the "good" side for the conversion. Although in the campaign (which im fairly certain will be included now, but probably after the main mod is realised) - he will join forces with pirates a lot.

As it goes for mapping... i do intend to include many new neutral buildings and units which i have not yet finished modelling and coding - im doing more neutrals at the moment because i keep thinking of map ideas, but as soon as neutral buildings and units are done i might upload some for cool people like you to possibly give me some sample map(s) to show me what you can do? I can do basic mapping, or good ones if i spend ages on them...but there are much better ones out there :)

Em... @ JEV3...yeah i think you've got it... well.... its more 1 and 2 combined, 1 gives an outline of all the units and stuff i thouoght and 2s really extras....its just the second has a lot more features which i can intrigate (sp?) to add other areas/cool things to the mod, ie neutrals (sea monsters, tia dalma), ring heroes (davey jones) etc.

ahh sorry if that didn't make sense my fingers are a bit numb and my brains in overdrive
Jimiojoe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users