#261 Elendil the High

Elendil the High

High King of Dunédain

• Project Team
  • 439 posts
  • Projects:Coding and Idea making for Wars of the East mod
  •  Coder, Skinner and Loremaster

Posted 01 August 2008 - 09:27 AM

I'm gonna answer this question now, but we (the team) would appreciate if you used the support topic, that's why we made it.

Wars of the East doesn't work if another installed in your main Rise of the Witch-king folder, i don't know why, i've been trying to find a solution to that bug myself, but for now, you shouldn't have any mod, which doesn't use mod-command installed.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Wars of the East is the Best

#262 Guest_Tomzter08_*

Guest_Tomzter08_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2008 - 09:27 AM

"C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Lord of the Rings, The Rise of the Witch-king\lotrbfme2ep1.exe" -mod WotEBeta3BugFixed.big for 3.1

I Got that version but its got the same problem

#263 Elendil the High

Elendil the High

High King of Dunédain

• Project Team
  • 439 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 08:40 PM

I'll have a job for all you Wars of the East fans out there, i'm about to make no less than 8 hero re-designs for a single large update on next saturday, but i need your help, because i can't make those ideas by myself.

So there's a couple of those heroes, that i would like yours ideas for, and the following heroes are:

Elrond, The lord of Imladris and carrier of Vilya the Blue.
Gloin, Father of Gimli and one Thorin Oakenshields companions.
Thorin Stonehelm, Son of King Dain and heir of Erebor.
King Brand, The Decentant of Bard Bowman and King of Dale
Faramir, the sekond son of Denethor and Prince of Ithilien.

Looking forward to see your ideas :thumbsupsmiley:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#264 Ring o' Fate

Ring o' Fate

The Ghost.

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts
  • Projects:Trying to find meaning...
  •  The guy that is just a ghost.

Posted 09 August 2008 - 09:23 PM

Give me a bit of time, and I can give you alot of ideas.
Wait! I already have some!
Brand: The Black Arrow of Bard (or something like that...), and the name says it all, I'll clarify it if you don't understand....
Elrond: Vilya the Blue (duh!) it, um, I'll get back to you on this one....
Faramir: The Captian's Sacrifice, it is like Theoden's Glorious Charge in the updated BFME1 (or whatever it was called...) except that it increases cavalries attack, but lowers their armor, so they won't be unstoppable.
Thorin: For Erebor! it is like Theoden's Glorious Charge in RotWK, only it affects Dwarven and Dale infantry instead!
Gloin: Light The Fire! Gloin uses a tinder-box to light a fire, kind of like the Pyre of Denethor eithout the trail and just expands!
That's all I can think of right now.
A changed man is only the same man with a different outlook of life.

#265 Elendil the High

Elendil the High

High King of Dunédain

• Project Team
  • 439 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 09:45 PM

come on, people, i'll need some ideas to work with, Ring of Fate can't be the only one with brain. out there.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#266 Ring o' Fate

Ring o' Fate

The Ghost.

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 10:42 PM

Yeah! I can't be the only one with a brain out there!

#267 Guest_aNaRcHiSt44_*

Guest_aNaRcHiSt44_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 August 2008 - 07:10 AM

Hey guys...been a long time since I posted here; been doing a lot of school stuff amongst other things...anyway I think that the Saruman idea was pretty good, even if the stats were mixed up a bit (don't worry :) ): for those who don't know Sauron is an Elven spirit and hence would be better all round in those areas than Saruman. You would have to find another way to balance them; Sauron is power incarnate, even without the ring; by himself he can still destroy armies. I would say make Saruman a more...well corruptive ring-hero; a negative buff hero with lots of powerful spells and an ability to take control of enemy units perhaps? He is one of the wizards ;)

Well, I'm signing out again. Thanks for taking the time to read; I might re-appear some time, because I really liked this mod when I played it.

#268 Ring o' Fate

Ring o' Fate

The Ghost.

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 05:25 PM

Then again, I have been wrong before......
Wait! Idea for Vilya The Blue! Since Vilya the Blue can control air, maybe do something like Galadriel's water ball power, only made of air!
Faramir: A new Leadership. I hate all that same leadership trash, I want something different for everybody! Maybe Faramir can have a high armour bonus!
Gloin: Maybe a Gimli ability like Slayer, or the Leap, or both! Only, with buffed up effects!
Brand: I like the Train Archers ability too much to have it thrown away! Make it stronger! It's either that or I can't think of anything else for Brand......
Thorin: Spear Of Dragon Slaying which, as the name says, slays dragons with ease, but not only dragons! Drakes! The Drakes annoy me so damn much! And everything related to the dragons! It should also be thrown to hit airborn dragons!
Elrond: Leader of Imladris (yeah, I'm running out of idea names :crazed: ) which is a leadership which increases armour and damage! and maybe exp.!
That's all for now....
Edit: See Xno's post to see were I went wrong....

Edited by Ring of Fate, 11 August 2008 - 06:01 PM.

#269 xno The Black

xno The Black

Xno The Black

• Members
  • 147 posts
  • Projects:Cheering up Wars of the East mod & RJ ROTWK
  •  The Second Founder

Posted 11 August 2008 - 05:47 PM

Wait! If I remember correctly Isn't Vilya the Ring of Air?
It's called Vilya the Blue because it contains a blue stone. It's also known as Ring of Sapphire or something like that.

Vilya > Ring of Air
Narya> Ring of Fire
Nenya> Ring of Water

If I'm correct we might be able to use " Ring of Sapphire" as the name instead of Vilya the Blue.
Correct me if I'm wrong. A lot of ideas from Ring of Fate. Where're the other guys? :crazed:
I have to go to sleep now, it's Mother's Day tomorrow at Thailand. Keep up the good ideas, Ring of Fate. :p

Edited by xno The Black, 11 August 2008 - 05:49 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Everything is fortunated and many paths have been given.
To Choose or To be Chosen, you decide - Fëanáro Nénmacil

I'm currently looking for my BEST friend. We haven't contacted each other since I was a little boy.

#270 Ring o' Fate

Ring o' Fate

The Ghost.

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 06:01 PM

Damnit, your right...... My bad. I need to reread the Silmarillion's references better again. Redid that entire area.

Edited by Ring of Fate, 11 August 2008 - 06:03 PM.

#271 Elendil the High

Elendil the High

High King of Dunédain

• Project Team
  • 439 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 06:08 PM

Vilya the Blue is the ring of Air, which was carried by Gil-Galad and later Elrond.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#272 Ring o' Fate

Ring o' Fate

The Ghost.

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 06:11 PM

I know......... now.............

#273 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 August 2008 - 04:35 PM

is this mod still under development? last version is several months old... if it's, i have some bugs to report and some ideas to make the mod better
i'll check this topic later and if it's under development i'll write it.

#274 Elendil the High

Elendil the High

High King of Dunédain

• Project Team
  • 439 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 05:23 PM

Look at the update topic, you'll see some of the new stuff for the next beta.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#275 Ring o' Fate

Ring o' Fate

The Ghost.

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 10:44 PM

New ideas! This time they are based of 2 certian heroes!
Elrond: Father of The Evenstar which gives Elrond an armor boost when near Arwen, and so does Arwen! Elrond would do anything to protect Arwen wouldn't he?
Faramir: Husband of the Shield Maiden of Rohan (I need to think of better names) Faramir gains an attack bonus when near Eowyn
Brand: Friend of the Dwarven King Brand gains an attack and armor bonus near Dain.
Thorin: Son of the King Thorin gains an attak bonus when near Dain too.
Gloin: Long Friendship gains an armor when near Bilbo!
Now I'm done.
Edit: hit add reply befor post was done.

Edited by Ring of Fate, 12 August 2008 - 10:52 PM.

#276 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 August 2008 - 07:59 AM

ok so i write my thoughts. my english isn't perfect but i hope it'll be understandable.

first thing is about the "nine" - i always thought that mordor should have all of them and even better if all of then could mount the flying beast, horse, or just go on foot. + some other powers, khamul and morgomir should be stronger then the others, and witchking should have some powers from his past in angmar. with this mordor does't need much more heroes, for example mouth of souron can be moved to evil men.

next thing is about "seven rings" (for dwarves) - i have read here something about three rings, nine rings have the nazguls but the seven aren't uset in the game (some of them i think has existing heroes of dwarver, maybe dain, i also know that one ring had thorins forther thrain- but it never came to thorin himself)

that is all for now but i didn't played the mode with all factions yet so i think i'll have more ideas.

and one thing about three rings - thei carriers are elrond, gandalf and galadriel right? do the rings have some effects in new version of this mod? if yes then galadriels ring should be moved to celeborn or someone else.

when can we expect the new public version? i can't wait :-P

#277 Baldr

Baldr
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 08:15 AM

and one more thing, i have read about changes in goblins faction (http://www.ithronaiw...net/goblins.htm) but is somewhere in game for example "Gurthur the Balrog" now when goblins haven't their own faction?
btw. on that web there are dead download links - for example old istari mod, i want to try it but i can't download it

#278 Elendil the High

Elendil the High

High King of Dunédain

• Project Team
  • 439 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 10:34 AM

About the Nazgul:
No, we aint gonna make all of them available, since they would be Identical to the other ones, except Morgomir, Khamul and the Witch-king. And it would be far too overpowered for Mordor. And put Mouth of Sauron, We ain't never gonna make such a thing, he belongs with Mordor as the Lieutinant of Barad-dur.

About the dwarven rings:
Most of the Dwarven rings were destroyed through out the 3rd age, the remainings would eventually go back to the hand Sauron. And Thrains ring was taken from him when he was captured by the orcs of Dol Guldur.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#279 Baldr

Baldr
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 01:49 PM

nazguls:
and what about two special units, each including 3 nazguls? even if they are on their beasts (on high level for example 8, not sooner) they wouldn't be so strong and 3 fealbeasts in one unit isn't so much - i know that fealbeasts as unit is maybe wierd but 3 isn't 6... and how often will they even get to level 7 or 8 to mout fealbeasts if when all 3 die start from lvl 1?
dwarves:
so what about some spell to summon 7 dwarven kings from old ages (original carriers of those rings)?

Edited by Baldr, 13 August 2008 - 01:54 PM.

#280 Ring o' Fate

Ring o' Fate

The Ghost.

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 03:57 PM

More ideas! This time they are random!
Gloin: Father of One of the Walkers (or whatever the Fellowship's nickname is) gains an attack and armor bonus when near Gimli!
Brand: King of Dale which gives a leadership to Dales!
Thorin: Dragon Slayer's Leader which is a leadership ( a STRONG one at that) that only affects Dragon Slayers!
Faraimir: I think Faramir has enough powers.
Elrond: Ditto.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users