title available

• Global Moderators
  • 2,947 posts
  •  Faute de Mieux
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Magazine Staff/Global Moderator

Posted 14 August 2008 - 02:49 PM

Since when was Sauron an elven spirit?
And don't name it Vilya the Blue... sounds so primitive.

#282 Elendil the High

Elendil the High

High King of Dunédain

• Project Team
  • 439 posts
  • Projects:Coding and Idea making for Wars of the East mod
  •  Coder, Skinner and Loremaster

Posted 14 August 2008 - 03:39 PM

I've finished Thorin, Brand and Elrond. There's only Faramir and Gloin left for your fantasy.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Wars of the East is the Best

#283 Ring o' Fate

Ring o' Fate

The Ghost.

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts
  • Projects:Trying to find meaning...
  •  The guy that is just a ghost.

Posted 14 August 2008 - 03:48 PM

Wait, doesn't Faramir have a weapon toggle and a mount ability? Those I want to stay!
Gloin, I don't know, I ran out of abilities for Gloin....... Maybe when I play some more I'll think of something...........
Oh and Puppeteer, I couldn't thing of a good name for that power, so I used the first thing that came to mind.

Edited by Ring of Fate, 14 August 2008 - 03:50 PM.

A changed man is only the same man with a different outlook of life.

#284 Baldr

Baldr
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 04:33 AM

faramir: maybe he could switch weapons even if mounted
gloin: on lvl 7 for example summon a few groups of dwarven zealots

#285 Floris

Floris

title available

• Members
  • 318 posts
  • Projects:My first map: Esteldin, hideout of the Dunedain Rangers.

Posted 15 August 2008 - 08:36 AM

I have an idea for Gloin, he's the "siege" hero(whit his hammer and shake foundation) mabye you could give him a summon where he summons a catapult or a ram.
The race of Men is failing, the blood of Númenor is all but spent – its pride and dignity forgotten… It is because of Men the Ring survives.

#286 Ring o' Fate

Ring o' Fate

The Ghost.

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 02:03 PM

Ok, idea time!
Gloin: Earth Shaker (yeah, I took the name from a CaH power) it IS the powered version of Gimli's Leap.
Or maybe a leadership? I can't think of anything else........

#287 MorrisB

MorrisB

Wanderer of the East

• Project Team
  • 884 posts
  • Projects:Wars of the East mod
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 15 August 2008 - 02:54 PM

The problem with Gloin is that there isn't much about him in the books, so it's hard to think of something creative yet fitting for him. Maybe a "Start Fire" (Firebomb-sort of power) or a "Loot Equipment" (takes control of enemy siege engines) kind of power ? I myself can't think of too many things.
Posted Image
---
"Well, I can't argue with that - modding IS hard. But what would have become of games like Starcraft, Warcraft 3, Dungeon Siege, Half-Life 1-2, Neverwinter Nights and BfME 1-2 if we, modders, weren't there ? They would have long been forgotten. Modding is hard, but it's an honorable thing." - MorrisB

#288 Ring o' Fate

Ring o' Fate

The Ghost.

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 02:59 PM

I already suggested some kind of fire starter ability. The control seige weapons thing, I would have never thought of that!

#289 Floris

Floris

title available

• Members
  • 318 posts
  • Projects:My first map: Esteldin, hideout of the Dunedain Rangers.

Posted 15 August 2008 - 05:17 PM

That fire thing is a good idea! In the Hobbit ive read that Gloin and another Dwarf where very handy whit a thinderbox.
The race of Men is failing, the blood of Númenor is all but spent – its pride and dignity forgotten… It is because of Men the Ring survives.

#290 Berto916

Berto916
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 01:31 AM

hey, im new to this mod and was wondering if you were going to use an installer for the next version. i think it would be a good idea.

#291 Miku

Miku
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 03:52 PM

hey, im new to this mod and was wondering if you were going to use an installer for the next version. i think it would be a good idea.

Berto they do allready have installer in the most recent version.
Son of Thunder, Lighting Strikes, Son of Thunder.
Son of Thunder, Thor Arise, Son of Thunder.
Son of Odin. Thundergod.
Master of War. Asator!

#292 andrej

andrej
  • Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 08:36 PM

mostly i dont like instalations sometimes do not work better classic way find and paste files :p

“On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high.” Ayrton Senna

#293 Guest_araglar_*

Guest_araglar_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 November 2008 - 06:59 PM

You could put all the goblin units in the Mordor or Angmar factions and add Imrahil and Dol Amroth units to gondor as well as the king of the dead he really shouldn't go to the dwarves add Arnor too.

#294 Miku

Miku
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 02:03 PM

You could put all the goblin units in the Mordor or Angmar factions and add Imrahil and Dol Amroth units to gondor as well as the king of the dead he really shouldn't go to the dwarves add Arnor too.

But that would disbalance the other factions too much if the other ones would have larger amount of units of whom to choose. That probably won't be done, because it would require adding units to other factions too.

Edited by Miku, 05 December 2008 - 02:03 PM.

Son of Odin. Thundergod.
Master of War. Asator!

#295 Guest_Araglar_*

Guest_Araglar_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2008 - 05:32 AM

add units to the factions that already exist then rename and reskin them or make new powers or heroes there are many ways to balance it

#296 Miku

Miku
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 01:12 PM

add units to the factions that already exist then rename and reskin them or make new powers or heroes there are many ways to balance it

I appreciate your opinion, but I myself at least prefer more larger amount of a little bit smaller factions. That would cause some quite useless work if we would start balancing every faction after that. Goblins are a good faction, especially when modified. They shouldn't really be removed in my opinion.
Son of Odin. Thundergod.
Master of War. Asator!

#297 Guest_Araglar_*

Guest_Araglar_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 December 2008 - 01:21 AM

Fair enough but the king of the dead should be added to men and perhaps Durin could be a dwarven ring hero

#298 andrej

andrej
  • Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 05:34 PM

i agree with u oathbreakers are men actually dead men :)

“On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high.” Ayrton Senna

#299 Guest_Oathbreaker2288_*

Guest_Oathbreaker2288_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 December 2008 - 12:32 AM

Yeah, KOTD (king of the dead) should be for MoTW

Does this mod do anything to ur comp?

and also

IDEA!!!!

Im not sure what to add bc it already seems so full

but

for the Elves:

Elven Trebuchet (Siege weapon)
I know ents are kind of a siege weapon, but i thought that the elves should have something proper

Health: 3000

Cost: 1500

Abilities/Description: A BIG BIG trebuchet (Kind of like a scaled up version of the MOTW trebuchet) that has ents pull the arm down and fires stones and can be upgraded with some sort of silverthorn projectiles enhancement that causes more damage(100% more for example) to buildings, walls and fortresses.

#300 Guest_Araglar_*

Guest_Araglar_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 December 2008 - 12:48 AM

perhaps gilgalad for the elves and dragon jewel upgades for dwarven armour as a hero's bonus and maybe arathorn (Aragorns dad in the books) as a hero for men and maps need to be made like annuminas or bree or dol amroth there are a lot of possibilities that can be explored and if they can be done than thats what should go into the mod to make it the best one out there

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users