#701 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 08 July 2008 - 02:57 PM

Yeah, well... I don't get why you bring up something that happened a year and day ago... :)

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#702 Elendil the High

Elendil the High

High King of Dunédain

• Project Team
  • 439 posts
  • Projects:Coding and Idea making for Wars of the East mod
  •  Coder, Skinner and Loremaster

Posted 10 July 2008 - 12:23 PM

Hi, it is time for update for the first time by me, Elendil, It is some of those hero re-design as MorrisB talked about in the last update, it is including King Dain, Tulamdir, Theoden and Eomer.

King Dain's new powers:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The Dwarves of the Iron Hills:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Barazantathul in action:
Posted Image

Tulamdir's new powers:
Posted Image
Posted Image

The mighty Blade of the East:
Posted Image

Theoden's new powers:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The Wrath of the Northmen:
Posted Image

Eomer's new powers:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Guthwine in action:
Posted Image

Hope you enjoy it, i'll be back next week.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Wars of the East is the Best

#703 xno The Black

xno The Black

Xno The Black

• Members
  • 147 posts
  • Projects:Cheering up Wars of the East mod & RJ ROTWK
  •  The Second Founder

Posted 10 July 2008 - 03:13 PM

Wow! Really nice updates!
The rohirrims crushed all the enemies.
:) Thx Elendil
Posted Image

Posted Image

Everything is fortunated and many paths have been given.
To Choose or To be Chosen, you decide - Fëanáro Nénmacil

I'm currently looking for my BEST friend. We haven't contacted each other since I was a little boy.

#704 MorrisB

MorrisB

Wanderer of the East

• Project Team
  • 884 posts
  • Projects:Wars of the East mod
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 10 July 2008 - 06:37 PM

Very nice stuff Elendil, congrats on finishing these heroes :)

Just a hint: when taking a shot with a hero using a special attack, ZOOM IN ! The rest is fine.

Loremaster's notes:
- Barazantathul is an axe used by King Dain Ironfoot during the siege of Erebor.
- Theoden's "The Black Serpent Falls" ability name came from the fact that it was Theoden and his Rohirrim who swept the Haradrim away in the Pelennor Fields.
- Guthwine is a sword used by Eomer; he inherited it from his father.
- Ignore the icons currently used for the new abilities. It is likely that they'll change in the future.
Posted Image
---
"Well, I can't argue with that - modding IS hard. But what would have become of games like Starcraft, Warcraft 3, Dungeon Siege, Half-Life 1-2, Neverwinter Nights and BfME 1-2 if we, modders, weren't there ? They would have long been forgotten. Modding is hard, but it's an honorable thing." - MorrisB

#705 GilGalad

GilGalad

High King of Noldor

• Project Team
  • 171 posts
  • Projects:Beta Tester of- Wars of the East( i was when Ithon still was here)
  •  Follower of Helms Deep Last Hope, WotE, S.E.E and RJ ROTWK.

Posted 11 July 2008 - 03:53 PM

Wow, nice update Elendil...
(For those who cant remember me i was one of the beta testers of WotE when Ithron was still the leader, but because of hard times [tests, tragedys, etc], i couldnt neither say goodbye to Ithron :p nor reading updates, and threads), beside i was afraid that when i read that Ithron was retiring the mod will end, but for my lucky, healthy and happyness, you guys took over the mod and are doing and amazing job with it :p and for my ultimate happynes the hard times passed over and i now i can stay in the WotE community again.
Back on Topic : really amazing job Elendil.
Thank you Ithron for the avatar
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#706 MorrisB

MorrisB

Wanderer of the East

• Project Team
  • 884 posts
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 13 July 2008 - 01:51 PM

Update - 2008.07.13

Hello again pals, here is yet another update - featuring whole new unit portraits and our plans for them...

First, I announce a final 5th version for Thranduil, made by Egalmoth:

Posted Image

So much better, aye ?

And now, to the units...

MIRKWOOD HUNTERS

Posted Image Posted Image
Sharp and fading. Take your pick...

These guys will be mid-game spearmen for the Elves. Their armor will be quite low, but their speed and damage will be good. They will also have the ability to use "Javelins", which allows them to throw spears at the enemy, reducing the armor of their foes. "Javelins" are also very effective against monsters.

NOTES: The "Javelins" will be an ability; don't expect the Mirkwood Hunters to be able to toggle between melee and ranged attack like Guardians of Kalorme. As the hunters will be for mid-game, we plan to buff the Mithlond Sentries.

WILDMEN RAIDERS

Posted Image

These riders will serve as mid-game cavalry for Isengard. Low armor, but good balance of speed and damage. They will be vulnerable to pikes, as well as monsters, but others have a good reason to fear them. Their "Torches" grant them extra fire damage, making them excellent for harassing enemy bases. They also have the ability to "Pillage", stealing resources when attacking enemy buildings.

HASHARIM

Posted Image

The Hasharim will be a special assassin/saboteur unit for Evil Men, perhaps the most tactical and sneaky unit in the whole game. They automatically regenerate (like Heroes and Commander Units) and are always stealthed. The Hasharim may be put trough an intense training, allowing him to specialize in different methods of combat. There are THREE kinds of specializations, but each Hasharim can learn only ONE. This allows you to have a group of Hasharim assassins with different abilities, opening dozens of new tactics. See the specialization list below:

Assassin Training --> extra damage vs. heroes and monsters, can use Backstab (seriously damages and cripples a selected enemy)

Saboteur Training --> extra damage vs. siege engines and buildings, can use Sabotage (damages and disables an enemy siege engine or building)

Chemist Training --> extra poison damage, faster regeneration, can use Poisoned Water (poisons a selected enemy battalion causing moderate damage over time)

NOTES: The Hasharim will be relatively cheap to recruit, but his specializations are VERY expensive. You might say that the Chemist Training is much more worth it, as the poison attack effects everything and the "Poisoned Water" can finish off whole battalions. This specultation has a point, as you usually encounter siege engines, heroes and monsters more rarely than regular units. However, the attack bonuses of the Assassin Training and the Saboteur Training are much more higher, making the Hasharim able to take out single targets very quickly. This is very handy when you face factions those use a lot of monsters (like Mordor) or have serious siege capeabilities (like Isengard or the Dwarves).

That's all now folks, hope you enjoyed it. If things go well, you can expect an another update from Elendil the High during next week !

----------------------------------

Credits:
New Thranduil portrait - Egalmoth
Mirkwood Hunters portrait - Egalmoth
Wildmen Raiders portrait - Egalmoth
Hasharim portrait - Egalmoth

Edited by MorrisB, 13 July 2008 - 03:29 PM.

Posted Image
---
"Well, I can't argue with that - modding IS hard. But what would have become of games like Starcraft, Warcraft 3, Dungeon Siege, Half-Life 1-2, Neverwinter Nights and BfME 1-2 if we, modders, weren't there ? They would have long been forgotten. Modding is hard, but it's an honorable thing." - MorrisB

#707 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 13 July 2008 - 02:38 PM

Why the hard edges? They'd look much better with a proper fade on them. Use the eraser brush with different opacities to create a fading effect.
Posted Image

#708 MorrisB

MorrisB

Wanderer of the East

• Project Team
  • 884 posts
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 13 July 2008 - 03:28 PM

You mean the Mirkwood Hunters ? In that case, Egalmoth has sent me a better version - check the update now...
Posted Image
---

#709 xno The Black

xno The Black

Xno The Black

• Members
  • 147 posts
  • Projects:Cheering up Wars of the East mod & RJ ROTWK
  •  The Second Founder

Posted 13 July 2008 - 04:10 PM

I think he meant all of them, please correct me if I'm wrong. :crazed:
The portraits are really good, but the edges need some works. They might look better with faded edges.
Here's what I mean

First:

Posted Image

Second:

Posted Image

What you meant is the second one, did you m@tt? Again, please correct me if I'm wrong.
and sorry, I haven't got much skill in Photoshop and I couldn't found Cal's Tutorial.

Credit: http://www.elflady.c...r...9115&page=5

Edited by xno The Black, 14 July 2008 - 09:22 AM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Everything is fortunated and many paths have been given.
To Choose or To be Chosen, you decide - Fëanáro Nénmacil

I'm currently looking for my BEST friend. We haven't contacted each other since I was a little boy.

#710 Puppeteer

Puppeteer

title available

• Global Moderators
  • 2,947 posts
  •  Faute de Mieux
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Magazine Staff/Global Moderator

Posted 13 July 2008 - 05:48 PM

Why so many leaderships, buffs and debuffs...

#711 Kyross

Kyross
  • Hosted
  • 190 posts
  • Projects:WotE

Posted 13 July 2008 - 08:41 PM

That's been the subject of much debate Puppeteer. Only Elendil knows why.
Posted Image <-- Actually more like coder/mapper/modeller, but there's no bar for that.

#712 Elendil the High

Elendil the High

High King of Dunédain

• Project Team
  • 439 posts
  • Projects:Coding and Idea making for Wars of the East mod
  •  Coder, Skinner and Loremaster

Posted 14 July 2008 - 07:29 PM

Because i didn't have much inspiration to work from, no ideas or anything.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Wars of the East is the Best

#713 MorrisB

MorrisB

Wanderer of the East

• Project Team
  • 884 posts
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 14 July 2008 - 07:45 PM

That's why we are supposed to work as a team, pal :D
Posted Image
---

#714 Guest_Jaguar6_*

Guest_Jaguar6_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 July 2008 - 11:43 PM

Yay!!! You guys finally added the Mirkwood Hunters, Wildmen Raiders, and Hasharin! And I'm finally back on the forum ^_^

#715 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts
  • Projects:The Peloponnesian Wars Mod.
  •  There are no heroes, no villains - only decisions.
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator

Posted 16 July 2008 - 02:12 AM

Why would 'hunters' use spears and not bows?

#716 MorrisB

MorrisB

Wanderer of the East

• Project Team
  • 884 posts
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 16 July 2008 - 06:39 AM

Well...

1.: in dense forestial areas, it is hard to use the bow properly. A somewhat short (2m) spear is much better, as it is easy to use and still helps to keep distance from an enemy.

2.: the Elves have the following archer units: Lorien Archers, Lindon Horse Archers, Galadrim Warriors (can toggle to bow), Mirkwood Archers, Noldor Warriors (can toogle to bow)... isn't THAT enough ?
Posted Image
---

#717 Guest_Zoca_*

Guest_Zoca_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 July 2008 - 06:10 PM

Hi, I am from Serbia.. My english is not quite well.. I have a question... How do I get this updates?! I mean, how to put in my game, where to install, and those other things???

Please help, I'm noob :xcahik_:

#718 Jaguar6

Jaguar6

title available

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 10:40 PM

The updates are just pictures of the upcoming version of the mod. You have to wait till the next version comes out to get them, sorry.

#719 Ring o' Fate

Ring o' Fate

The Ghost.

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts
  • Projects:Trying to find meaning...
  •  The guy that is just a ghost.

Posted 17 July 2008 - 03:27 AM

Well...

1.: in dense forestial areas, it is hard to use the bow properly. A somewhat short (2m) spear is much better, as it is easy to use and still helps to keep distance from an enemy.

2.: the Elves have the following archer units: Lorien Archers, Lindon Horse Archers, Galadrim Warriors (can toggle to bow), Mirkwood Archers, Noldor Warriors (can toogle to bow)... isn't THAT enough ?

Um, NO. All you guys are missing is an Elf that can toggle bows and spears! :sad2: That would rock! :xcahik_:
A changed man is only the same man with a different outlook of life.

#720 MorrisB

MorrisB

Wanderer of the East

• Project Team
  • 884 posts
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 17 July 2008 - 08:36 AM

That would rock and would be overpowered. The Galadrim at least have a weakpoint (cavalry charges), but elves with bow/spear toggle would be closely undefeatable.
Posted Image
---

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users