• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 18 February 2008 - 06:20 PM

If you have bfme1 you can add the voices in for that, there's directions somewhere around here. Heavy armor is being worked on 1 faction at a time :)

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#302 Guest_Srg Insane_*

Guest_Srg Insane_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2008 - 09:53 PM

I was wondering if hero upgrades could be done at the fortress instead of being a power. For one it allows men of the west one more power and it adds a whole new strategy to the hero system. By adding this it will make heros more uniqe, example you have upgrades for certain major heros such as aragorn, gandalf, faramir or boromir. Aragorn for example will have anduril for his upgrade, however before he gets it he will have a bow and sword instead of having just Anduril. Also he could have a wounding shot like faramir that benefits his bow, and he can stealth, and for a level ten power he could summon rangers. This would make player think about upgrading aragorn, as for if you do, Aragorn loses his bow and becomes the standard aragorn that has the army of the dead. Gandalf the grey should have some different powers from gandalf the white, for one gandalf the grey should be able to ride an eagle, which would be a huge tactical advantage, and before smart players go and upgrade gandalf they wil have to think do i really want to give up his eagle power. Anyway sorry about that i rambled for two long but do you see where im getting at.

#303 Funbomb

Funbomb
  • Project Team
  • 246 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 02:27 AM

I don't really know about the idea, it's not bad nor good. One thing though, Gandalf the Grey shouldn't have eagle. He never rode an eagle when he was gray, he was carried away by Gwaihir (an eagle) to Lothlorien after he the fight with the Balrog. Gandalf the White could get an eagle because he rode one with two other eagles at the end of Return of the King. I think Gandalf the White should more likely get his horse because he rides his horse longer and more times than he rides an eagle.
Posted Image <---2nd Sig I Made
Posted Image <---4th
Posted Image

#304 Gothmog14

Gothmog14

title available

• Project Team
  • 343 posts
  • Projects:RJ - RotWK Beta

Posted 23 February 2008 - 02:56 AM

Gandalf used Gwaihir to escape from Orthanc. At that time he was still Gandalf the Grey. This is why most mods around give him an eagle mount.

Sorry, but I don't like the idea of having them as purchasable upgrades. It's hard enough keeping heroes themselves completely unique and interesting, it would be much harder with new upgrades from the Fortress. Besides, it'd be copying Wars of Arda.

Posted Image
Thanks to Shikari for the sig
Posted Image
Posted Image

#305 Funbomb

Funbomb
  • Project Team
  • 246 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 03:09 AM

Oh yeah...forgot about that. :p
Posted Image <---4th
Posted Image

#306 Guest_Srg Insane_*

Guest_Srg Insane_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 February 2008 - 05:06 AM

Gandalf used Gwaihir to escape from Orthanc. At that time he was still Gandalf the Grey. This is why most mods around give him an eagle mount.

Sorry, but I don't like the idea of having them as purchasable upgrades. It's hard enough keeping heroes themselves completely unique and interesting, it would be much harder with new upgrades from the Fortress. Besides, it'd be copying Wars of Arda.

I used the eagle as an example not as a request, i also didnt know that the Wars of Arda had that type of system, guess i will have to check it out. But i feel that SOME Heros should be able to have purchasable upgrades if not from the fortress or in some other way, and If CAH is taken out i highly recomend adding this in. Also Funbomb, Gandalf rode Gwaihir to rivendall in the Fellowship of the Ring:) as Gandalf the Grey and yes im not going by the book.

#307 Guest_weird crazy person_*

Guest_weird crazy person_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2008 - 06:59 PM

Something that has killed me is that Celeborn and Arwen get new armour at level 4 but not Aragorn. He didn't maintain the messy stuff he had on the entire time throughout the movie or book, so it would be nice to put him in as something similar to either his suit at the end of the movie (similar to what was cloned over and over again for Isildur, Arvedui and Arveleg and such) just, if possible, changed to look more real as opposed to blurry or that one suit he wore on the way to the Black Gate. Also, please try to add Elven Warriors to the Elves... I hate the Lorien warriors that have shields and swords as opposed to normal swords and change weapon option. Also, when is the next part of the mod going to be released? It says you have done stuff like re-skin Lorien warriors and make Arvedui a non-clone (Lorien warriors still don't make me happy but I'm overjoyed about Arvedui). I am anxious to get my hands on the next part of the mod.
Thanks,
Weird, Crazy,Person

#308 Shikari

Shikari

Allons-y!

• Project Team
  • 1,327 posts
  • Projects:RJ - RotWK
  •  2D Art

Posted 24 February 2008 - 07:10 PM

Hi, erm, wierd crazy person :p

Check out this topic http://forums.revora...showtopic=58088 for what is happening with the elves, they are getting quite a few changes made, which will include the lorien subfaction of elves having the galadhrim warriors you mentioned. (Rohan won't loose them, though don't worry) we have something which is a WIP for that, which will be revealed in good time.

As for Aragorn, yeah, some more costume changes would be nice, hopefully we'll be able to get them done in the future.

N.B. He does have 1 costume change atm, which happens when you use the heros of gondor power.

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#309 dojob

dojob

AoW+DoW ftw

• Project Team
  • 1,304 posts
  • Projects:Beta testing for WoA, RJ, and KotW
  •  Cav Rusher + Beta Tester

Posted 25 February 2008 - 10:13 PM

The problem with gameplay (at least on RJ-style maps) is that there isn't enough raiding and harassment imo. In most of the games that I've played on RJ maps, one player/team will take the middle of the map and it draws down to a campfest with only occasional attacks which are all-in offensives. Now, I've seen heroes running around taking buildings and chasing down other heroes that are trying to do similar things, but other than that, there isn't much fighting going on in between the major battles, which (in all honesty) creates some boredom. Maybe I shouldn't play RJ-style maps if I don't like this kind of gameplay, but I love them too much and would prefer to change them.

Here are my suggestions for changing this sort of gameplay:

1: Make it so that farms (and all other factions' equivellants) and lumber mills can only be built around captured buildings (and not around fortresses); this would REALLY encourage map control and would make harassment more viable since you'd no longer have to go to the main enemy base (which currently is where the enemy generally keeps most of his units as he prepares for an all-in attack) to attack those buildings. With resource buildings in more vulnerable positions, more people will feel encouraged to go out of their way to raid them.

2: Nerf the "Gather Resources" upgrades on capturable buildings; Atm, they bring in insane ammounts of cash, making it easy to skim through the tiers and not have to worry about how I spend money. A few ways to nerf that upgrade (you wouldn't have to do both of them) are to:

a. Increase the price of the upgrade to at least 350 resources so that it comes later on when you need to pull in extra cash for elite units and upgrades.

b. Make it so that the building simply makes less resources with this upgrade (15-20 at a time instead of 30, and perhaps increase the intervals between the gaining-of-resources)

If you followed my 1st suggestion (though I'd prefer both :ohmy: ), then there would be much more fighting and action since you could no longer get away with just having one giant mass of units sitting around near your base; you'd have to spread them out to protect your territories or else you would lose territories and be at a severe disadvantage since not only do you have resources in danger, but CP as well. This would mean that securing territory is more important and thus, there would be more fighting as people tried to do so and more fighting=more fun.

By following the second suggestion as well, people would be more careful with their money, leading to more depth and with less money going around, people will fight harder to get money.

Edited by dojob, 25 February 2008 - 10:20 PM.

Some helpful info on RotWK replays
Game Replays Forums; I am Panda Bear™
Awesome sig by TravTech :D PANDA POWER!!!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And please add Bear-mans

#310 Guest_Srg Insane_*

Guest_Srg Insane_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 February 2008 - 10:05 AM

When i see the title of this game and mod it says Lord of the Rings, The Battle for Middle Earth 2, RJ-Rise of the Witch-King. So the point of this exspansion it to tell the tale of the Witch-King and how he brought down Arnor. So i feel the Witch King should be more powerful then he is now in the game. The Witch-King was a powerful sorcerer and Warrior, i feel that his powers should be alot stronger then any other nazgul, in fact he should be the Gandalf of Mordor in terms of power. To show you, I will list some of his powers he should get. I also feel that the Witch-Kings standard attack should be with his sword and he should get some sort of the Fury power like Blade Mastery that allows him to use his mace for a certain amount of time.
Level 1
Fellbeast Mount-Dismount- The Witch-King toggles between his Fell beast and foot

Level 2 Iron Sorcery- The Witch-King uses his Sword and his Dark magic to blow back enemies (like Gandalfs wizardblast)

Level 5 Shadow of the Witch-King- Debuffs enemies armor and attack, and gives Allys 100% attack buff

Level 8 Mace of the Black Captain- Gives the Witch King 100% attack and 50% Defence the Witch King uses his mace instead of his sword to Smash back his opponents.

Level 10 King of Angmar- The Witch Kings Sword is consumed with fire and he blasts back his opponents with his sword. Word of Power like damage.

The Witch King on his Fellbeast should get the following powers.
Level 3 Scream-Enemy Units flee in fear!
Level 5 Black Breath- Units lose buffs
Level 10 King of Angmar- The Witch Kings Sword is consumed with fire and he blasts back his opponents with his sword. Word of Power like damage.

#311 Guest_dojob_*

Guest_dojob_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 February 2008 - 07:48 PM

Is this the Mordor Witch-King?

#312 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 26 February 2008 - 08:10 PM

Woah...both WK's are strong enough already.

And dojob, there's plenty of raiding to be had, just not on some maps...For example, on Fords of Isen (which we usually play) theres really only one main path to the enemy with a couple of side passages that are blocke by trolls, which makes them inconvenient. I also really disagree with farms...let them stay around fortress. Capturable buildings just doesn't make sense to me, and I don't think it would be that fun gameplay-wise either. Capturable buildings are designed to be worth a lot so you put in the resources to get them; normal farms produce 10 less than standard atm. Back to the first point...I don't wanna have to spend every single game protecting my outlying and vulnerable farms from attack throught the duration of play like bfme2...that just makes it not fun imo.

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#313 Guest_dojob_*

Guest_dojob_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 February 2008 - 09:51 PM

Then I guess it's a map problem.

Here's some ideas that Yoda and I agreed on:

-Less creeps blocking the way on maps (most specifically FoI, in which there's only 1 way to attack and the others are blocked by trolls

-Less money from Captured Buildings

-Less time to capture buildings (making it easier to run in, steal somebody's building, then get out)

-Reduced efficiency from damaged buildings (IE a building with 40% of its health will produce money/units at 40% of the speed it would before)

The point is, the economy should be less immense and there should be more fighting on RJ-FoI and RJ-Cair Andros, on which maps there is often lots of waiting around. What we both want atm is easier raiding.

#314 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts
  • Projects:Beta Testing RJ-RotWK

Posted 26 February 2008 - 10:54 PM

like yoda said, both wk's are already strong enough and the expansion is about the wk while he is in the angmar faction, it doesnt affect him in the mordor faction, nor should it.

"A wizard is never late, nor is he early; he arrives precisely when he means to."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#315 Grizzlez

Grizzlez

title available

• Project Team
  • 667 posts
  •  Coder/ini/FX writer, Skinner

Posted 26 February 2008 - 11:05 PM

Now for hobbits. Bilbo is cool, that's why he's in :shiftee: I'm not sure, but either Bilbo or Frodo or all of the hobbits + gollum are going to be ringfinders. You can only find the ring with those units, as it doesn't spawn until they pass over where it is. So, all evil factions will have gollum, and all good factions with have one of the hobbits, I'm not sure which though. Now for powers.

Well I think maybe ringwraiths should be able to find it? I dont like the idea of a load of gollums running around for evil players, maybe you can think of something other than just him for evil.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#316 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts
  • Projects:Beta Testing RJ-RotWK

Posted 26 February 2008 - 11:15 PM

if the ringwraiths could find the ring for evil factions, then you would have to find a hero of equal strength for each of the good factions to find it, otherwise it would get really unbalanced.

imagine you pick up the ring with frodo, and he is killed pretty easily by a couple battallions of archers (perhaps FU). now imagine that the enemy, say mordor, pick up the ring with a ringwraith, you now need to chase down a hero, possibly mounted (horse or fellbeast), and kill him with either half of your army or a couple good heros.
^see what i mean?^

"A wizard is never late, nor is he early; he arrives precisely when he means to."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#317 Funbomb

Funbomb
  • Project Team
  • 246 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 11:16 PM

Woah...both WK's are strong enough already.

And dojob, there's plenty of raiding to be had, just not on some maps...For example, on Fords of Isen (which we usually play) theres really only one main path to the enemy with a couple of side passages that are blocke by trolls, which makes them inconvenient. I also really disagree with farms...let them stay around fortress. Capturable buildings just doesn't make sense to me, and I don't think it would be that fun gameplay-wise either. Capturable buildings are designed to be worth a lot so you put in the resources to get them; normal farms produce 10 less than standard atm. Back to the first point...I don't wanna have to spend every single game protecting my outlying and vulnerable farms from attack throught the duration of play like bfme2...that just makes it not fun imo.

This is kind of like map control because that makes you want to control the capturable buildings and not lose them to gain more resources and get extra bonuses since the farms don't give too much resources. Also, I agree with Yoda on the protecting farms because you rely on the farms since they can be built in most places then. They could just get some buildings and start to camp to keep getting resources but when you have the capturable buildings you can't build too much near it besides tower, which leads to try to keep the enemy back and try to keep your army near his base to make sure you keep those capturable buildings. With the capturable buildings, you have to make up different strategies based on where are the capturable buildings instead of go to the enemy base, attack his farms/resource buidlings, run back to your base if units still alive, go back and harass more, and so on.
Posted Image <---4th
Posted Image

#318 Guest_Ozymandias_*

Guest_Ozymandias_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 March 2008 - 12:24 AM

Ok so - might as well say I really love the mod so far - and I'm looking forward to the next release.

I'm borderline obsessed with playing as Harad - and so even though I do enjoy the new living campaign... well - I would really love to try a more standard war of the ring campaign with them.

Is there any hope of that happening? I mean I know AI for the campaign may be difficult to write - but the ability to do a war of the ring between Mordor,Isengard, and Harad against Gondor, Rohan, and the Elves just makes me smile.

it's probably a long shot - but reading through here I don't think anyone has suggested it.

#319 Shikari

Shikari

Allons-y!

• Project Team
  • 1,327 posts
  • Projects:RJ - RotWK
  •  2D Art

Posted 02 March 2008 - 01:31 PM

WOTR mode will definitely be available for the Mote faction. We've already added wotr for rohan, we just have to get around to doing it for harad/rhun as well.
Welcome to the RJ Forums :popcorn:

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#320 Myrdin

Myrdin

title available

• Members
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 01:51 PM

i d like to ask one thing ( dunno if mentioned before )

Can you add healing for evil races ( now i dont men MoTE, their fortress gives nearby healing )

i mean, only becouse you are evil it doens mean you wont heal, just look at some orc weterans, if they couldnt heal only coz they are bad, sauron would be pretty screwed lol ( i would like to kick EA in ass for this stupidity )

soo can you add something like : Isengard - campfire
Mordor - blood well
Goblins - bone pile

just reskinning the good races wells. i think its not soo big deal ( the concept of healing, not the skinning ) coz evil lacks leadership statues too, soooooo . . . . . . at least the healing ability
"Let this scar signify the first blow against the mortal world."
"From this seal shall arise the doom of men,"
"who, in their arrogance, sought to wield our fire as their own."
"Blindly they build their kingdoms upon stolen knowledge and conceit."
"Now they shall be consumed by the very flame they sought to control."
"Let the echoes of doom resound across this wretched world, that all who live may hear them and despair."

"Tremble, mortals, and despair! Doom has come to this world!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users