• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#101 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 08:42 PM

Are you suggesting MotE has more nazgul due to the fact that that many of them were mostly from Harad and Rhun?

Either way all the Nazgul belonged to Mordor. But MotE has the Nazgul known or at least believed to be from those regions to balance out the two factions. And the names given to them aren't really official or canon, Tolkeien never named or stated the origins of the Nazgul other than the Witch-King and Khamul
I will remember Rhovanion Alliance, RIP .

Posted Image

#102 Martini

Martini
  • Members
  • 31 posts
  •  The annoyingly pendantic gamer

Posted 29 June 2009 - 09:20 PM

Yes. I know that the names weren't made up by Tolkien, but they are the names widely used by most of the people around. Mordor will have 5 and MotE will have 4 Nazguls, wouldn't that be balanced?
Easterlings, Haradrim, Valiant Variags of Khand and Corsairs of Umbar! Unite! UNITE! Against the Gondorians and deny them their right to their claim of Numenoreanship. We are the true Numenoreans!

#103 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts
  • Projects:Beta Testing RJ-RotWK

Posted 29 June 2009 - 09:43 PM

imo, the vast majority of the nazgul need to be in mordor. it just doesnt feel right to have almost half of them in another faction.

"A wizard is never late, nor is he early; he arrives precisely when he means to."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#104 Martini

Martini
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 10:41 AM

Well whats the point of having two Nazguls in the MotE faction? wasn't it for the 'historical' reasons? Uvatha and Dwar are both leaders of the MotE yet they are in Mordor, so technically we should move Ji indur and Khamul to Mordor and replace them with a pirate king of Umbar and a higher ranking Easterling... You know, keep the mortals...MORTAL and the twisted and corrupted...TWISTED AND CORRUPTED. Oh and before I forget, if we have the Nazguls in the MotE faction, we say they are all minions of Sauron. Now I know this is true with most of them, but It's kind of annoying if someone wants to play the WotR and have the MotE play as the good guys or even neutral, because of the Nazgul being their prominant figures.
Easterlings, Haradrim, Valiant Variags of Khand and Corsairs of Umbar! Unite! UNITE! Against the Gondorians and deny them their right to their claim of Numenoreanship. We are the true Numenoreans!

#105 Vithar-133

Vithar-133

Violent Gandhi

• Project Team
  • 1,975 posts
  • Projects:Existing
  •  It's not your skill, boys. It's your will. Ooh-rah!

Posted 01 July 2009 - 03:33 AM

Well, the reason behind two of the Nazgul going to the MotE is the fact that Rob doesn't want Mordor to have nine flying siege machines.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#106 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 01 July 2009 - 03:54 PM

7 is bad enough ;)

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#107 Martini

Martini
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 06:16 PM

What about just five Nazguls and four in MotE? That would mean eleven heroes for the MotE (two wizards, CaH, four Nazguls, four mortal leaders ( including the Pirate lord of Umbar) and nine Mordor heroes. Yes thats a lot of heroes for one faction, but don't forget it is a faction comprimising of four 'nationalities' and each is represented by a mortal and shadow hero aswell as the two wizards, which I personally don't see the purpose of. Cheers

#108 Ring o' Fate

Ring o' Fate

The Ghost.

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts
  • Projects:Trying to find meaning...
  •  The guy that is just a ghost.

Posted 01 July 2009 - 08:35 PM

...11 heroes just to represent everyone? LORE GUARDS! GET HIM! :p jk. But still. But they COULD be more expensive to prevent Hero Spam too.
A changed man is only the same man with a different outlook of life.

#109 Martini

Martini
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 08:57 PM

LOL nice one mate! look I don't mind what you do, just do It :p I'd worship you. I know I'm the saddest person around :( haha

#110 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Donated

Posted 02 July 2009 - 12:08 AM

Or 5 heroes in mordor, and 4 in the mordor inn faction.

yodasig2.png
My political compass

#111 Neth

Neth

God's Shadow

• Project Team
  • 930 posts
  • Projects:Taking over the world
  •  Technician of Execution

Posted 04 July 2009 - 12:12 PM

That would work :p

Posted Image
Posted Image

This face means nothing, these hands hold nothing, these lungs are empty, these eyes are blind

#112 Martini

Martini
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 12:30 PM

Hello,
I was wondering, does the Nazgul- Fellbeast system work for MotE?
Cheers

#113 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Donated

Posted 12 July 2009 - 05:04 PM

No, Khamul has a fellbeast and Iw whatever has a horse.

yodasig2.png
My political compass

#114 Guest_Putts_*

Guest_Putts_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 July 2009 - 12:10 PM

This idea might seem stupid to some people but why not let heroes go to lvl 15 or possibly 20?

#115 Scryer

Scryer

title available

• Project Team
  • 565 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 07:05 PM

This idea might seem stupid to some people but why not let heroes go to lvl 15 or possibly 20?

What would be the point? And why was this posted on this thread?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#116 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 December 2009 - 12:40 AM

I apologise if this has already been mentioned, but can i point you in the direction of games-workshop's nazgul figures?

they do kinda look cool - but after reading this topic, i think the indistinct-until-level-5 idea is better

...just something to consider though :p

#117 GreatNoff

GreatNoff
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 02:19 PM

Ok here is my suggestion cuz I´m really tierd of killing them all time to get a fellbeast!! :)

1.I like that I HAVE to buy a fellbeast, But would be nice to have them on horse and still be able to have an fellbeast, and on foot :p

2. All nazguls to Mordor, I am quite sceptic to MoTE but any ways it is a good faction! Maybe as a sub.faction??
As far it is life its still hope

#118 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Donated

Posted 17 January 2010 - 03:37 PM

Well, we did that because of some issues with the three way mount and because after they lose their horses in the books/movies, they don't get them back.

As for MotE, they were a little short on heroes before and I think Rob figured that having all 9 nazgul in Mordor would be pretty overpowered. If you rush a couple nazgul at your enemy right now it's pretty overpowered.

yodasig2.png
My political compass

#119 Crahsystor

Crahsystor
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 10:01 PM

I, too like the fact that you have to buy fellbeast. What I don't like is that the Nazgul have to die before they can get the fellbeast mount.

I know that in the movies they had their horses, got washed away and returned on fellbeast. But that doesn't mean they did not already had the fellbeast available to them. Sauron is powerful, but he can't create life, or boost the growth-rate of beings. Therefore the fellbeast must already have been trained and ready. They just weren't allowed outside of Mordor, for the sake of secrecy and surprise. I mean, a couple of fellbeast would have definitely stood out more in Hobbiton than a couple of black horses :)

#120 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Donated

Posted 17 January 2010 - 11:03 PM

I understand, but like I said, the three way mount is buggy :)

yodasig2.png
My political compass

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users