#761 IthronAiwendil

IthronAiwendil

Retired modder

• Hosted
  • 1,452 posts
  • Projects:None
  •  Coder, skinner, modeler, art guy

Posted 17 March 2008 - 12:15 PM

Awesome idea! The map looks really well made.

#762 Baki

Baki

title available

• Project Team
  • 357 posts
  • Projects:TDH AI

Posted 17 March 2008 - 01:10 PM

Nice work with the map.
One tactic that maybe could work would be : You lure the troll to run after on of your units , while the other(s) attack the lair. When it's destroyed , you could run away with your "sacrificial" unit to your enemy base , where you'd let the troll go wild. :D

but for that you would need cavalry, as the unit you want to sacrifice has to be faster than the trolls (and still this tactic would be really hard to do, but nice idea :rolleyes: )
Posted Image

#763 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 04:20 PM

Wow, I like the complexity. Especially for such a teeny map.
I will remember Rhovanion Alliance, RIP .

Posted Image

#764 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  • Projects:It'sa secreeet
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Expert
  • Donated

Posted 17 March 2008 - 10:56 PM

Nice work with the map.
One tactic that maybe could work would be : You lure the troll to run after on of your units , while the other(s) attack the lair. When it's destroyed , you could run away with your "sacrificial" unit to your enemy base , where you'd let the troll go wild. :D

I tried that once. The I forgot that trolls are faster then orcs :rolleyes:

https://www.twitch.tv/vileartist - Yes shameless self-promotion

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Old modders never die, they just fade away" ~ Hostile

#765 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts
  •  That wandering conjuror...

Posted 18 March 2008 - 06:51 AM

But wouldn't the troll eventually tire and return to its base? That's what happens from what I remember.

Very original, m@tt, nice work. :rolleyes:

That reminds me: what's Gollum gonna feature as in the RA?

Edited by Olorin, 18 March 2008 - 07:17 AM.

Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#766 waralem head of lc mod

waralem head of lc mod
  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 08:18 PM

i have wanted to say this since 2005. i am a moddler an i have a questioned, why has this mod been worked on for 4 years now, all we get the few reaming bfme1 players,is nothing. excpet seening you guys play. i think the lot of you are a bunch of slefesh moddlers. who should have the deciency to realese somthing.

#767 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,758 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 19 March 2008 - 08:26 PM

And I think nobody gives a fuck about what you have to say, and I think everbody wants you to leave.

Have a nice day.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#768 Nertea

Nertea

...lo sa raptor!

• Hosted
  • 3,349 posts
  • Projects:Star Villains and Space heroes, The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:BFME/Unity

Posted 19 March 2008 - 08:47 PM

I actually want to see his moddling. But this is neither the time nor place.

sig.png
I really don't do requests and my Arnor Soldier is not fit for BFME. Don't ask me for either.

#769 Elen Naro

Elen Naro
  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 11:35 PM

Eeehm... Spelling? Grammar?
Am I Belgian or Flemish? Hmm, me thinks I'll just stick to European...

#770 Rob38

Rob38

Believer of Hope

• Hosted
  • 3,567 posts
  • Projects:Helm's Deep Last Hope
  •  One who is not afraid of new challenges

Posted 20 March 2008 - 02:32 AM

It's amazing how much hate messages RA gets. :crazed: I guess you can look at it as having lots of recognition. :crazed:

signature_group1.gif

16821.png

#771 olorum

olorum
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 04:39 AM

wow that was rude. and horribly written. who goes to the trouble of registering to say such things. anyway i haven't posted in a while and just decided to say that you guys have some of the best stuff going for this game. I've been watching you since your old website and i am really going to enjoy playing this amazingly high res looking wonderfully put together mod. it may be an old game and all but so is pong and some people still play pong because it was fun to them. even with all these other cool games coming out sticking to the oldies isn't shameful. keep up the excellent work guys. :crazed:

#772 waralem head of lc mod

waralem head of lc mod
  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 03:54 PM

heres my website plz have a nice look at it, my names waraelm on it. http://z15.invisionf...st_Chancers_Mod

that was not a hate male, but this mod has been going on for over 4 years now, wheres the dowloads. there isnt, all i see is you playing a what it seems, like a working mod, in your screenshoot section. so tell evryone ra will somthing be out this years, two years time, 5 years time or a decade?

Edited by m@tt, 20 March 2008 - 08:28 PM.
fixed link

#773 zetruz

zetruz
  • Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 06:37 PM

Awesome map. I still love RA, even though it was like 15 years ago I said anything in the forums. Keep it up, guys. :lol:

#774 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 20 March 2008 - 06:55 PM

Just because we have stuff in game, it doesn't mean we are ready for a public release.
Posted Image

#775 MasterSilver

MasterSilver
  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 06:56 PM

It may be an old game and all but so is pong and some people still play pong because it was fun to them. lol, when you said so is pong, I was thinking of the drinking game :lol: . I do wish people would lay off the "I hate you because you haven't realsed a beta yet though". Peace

#776 olorum

olorum
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 07:27 PM

nice.

#777 hman

hman
  • Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 03:29 PM

heres my website plz have a nice look at it, my names waraelm on it. http://z15.invisionf...st_Chancers_Mod

that was not a hate male, but this mod has been going on for over 4 years now, wheres the dowloads. there isnt, all i see is you playing a what it seems, like a working mod, in your screenshoot section. so tell evryone ra will somthing be out this years, two years time, 5 years time or a decade?

Personally id rather wait a decade on a real high quality, extremely well thought out mod like this one than wait a week for a mod that wasn't as good because it was rushed out instead of made to its full. Yes I'm anxious to play RA, but so far this mod seems like the best one around and I'd hate to see it lose that because it was released in a hurry.
Posted Image

#778 Mapper

Mapper
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 10:08 AM

Keep up the good work ^^
I watch every Monday for new Updates :rolleyes:

#779 lycan

lycan

title available

• Banned
  • 553 posts
  • Projects:HP Mod
  •  Im just a guy around these forums

Posted 24 March 2008 - 02:40 PM

not raising speculation but i heard a private beta was relesed ages ago containing a new faction can't remember just because they don't put it up for download doesn't mean there being selfish. Where is this sundays update :(.

#780 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,758 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 24 March 2008 - 03:15 PM

Private beta's have been going strong for a very long time, just to confirm your little rumor there.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users