#21 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 05 May 2007 - 12:10 AM

I also added a close up pic now that shows the tremendeous detail in the Mordor textures, compared to the dull ones that the other factions have =p

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#22 InfernoX

InfernoX
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 01:57 AM

I have an idea for goblin walls, although i'm sure you already though of something, but I like my idea =D

Goblins are the kind of faction that don't exactly "build their own structures" y'know? plunderers and cave dwellers.

So I was thinking, what if their "walls" were like mountains of sorts, and basically their base would be in a mountain ( of course, the top would have to be similar to indoor areas in the blue mountains, so you could still function)

Crazy and complicated, but you must admit it would be cool to build your own mountain =D

#23 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 05 May 2007 - 04:46 AM

Well, here's the lay down on the final needed walls AND the outcome, at once :D

At first I wanted to use the backup plan I had for the Mordor Walls... This is a very nice wall segment that I found after spending several hours scanning models in WB. Initially I intended to put these in for MOrdor if I would never get the "genuine" Mordor walls - the Dol Guldur ones that I love ^_^ But thanks to FlameGuard I never "had" to use these. They are still very good and quite Mordor-ish too though, but they lack Gate and Hub. So I thought that hey, what if I for Goblins combine that Segment with a nice webby rock, and I came up with this combination...
Posted Image

Looking quite good, and the best part is that there are also 3 damage model states... BUT, like most of you I also think it's not really Goblin-ish to build such perfect arcitecture, so I decided to switch to something more suitable... And this is the result! :p

Posted Image

I'm very satisfied with this solution as I think it fits this faction perfectly. They will naturally be the weakest walls in the game, and they will have no upgrades whatsoever, not even gates, so you will have to make holes in them manually like I did on the screen shot (destroy one segment or two). But they are still some kind of protection and they will help to slow the enemy assault down a bit so the poor goblins can get organized :xd:

So, now all factions have walls ;)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#24 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 06:32 AM

Nice idea for the Goblins now they don't end up looking inferior.
I will remember Rhovanion Alliance, RIP .

Posted Image

#25 Juissi

Juissi

AWESOM-O

• Hosted
  • 1,555 posts
  • Projects:Last Alliance modification, The Hobbit mod
  •  Forger Of (Last) Alliance

Posted 05 May 2007 - 06:49 AM

Well, here's the lay down on the final needed walls AND the outcome, at once :xd:

At first I wanted to use the backup plan I had for the Mordor Walls... This is a very nice wall segment that I found after spending several hours scanning models in WB. Initially I intended to put these in for MOrdor if I would never get the "genuine" Mordor walls - the Dol Guldur ones that I love ^_^ But thanks to FlameGuard I never "had" to use these. They are still very good and quite Mordor-ish too though, but they lack Gate and Hub. So I thought that hey, what if I for Goblins combine that Segment with a nice webby rock, and I came up with this combination...

Looking quite good, and the best part is that there are also 3 damage model states... BUT, like most of you I also think it's not really Goblin-ish to build such perfect arcitecture, so I decided to switch to something more suitable... And this is the result! :p

I'm very satisfied with this solution as I think it fits this faction perfectly. They will naturally be the weakest walls in the game, and they will have no upgrades whatsoever, not even gates, so you will have to make holes in them manually like I did on the screen shot (destroy one segment or two). But they are still some kind of protection and they will help to slow the enemy assault down a bit so the poor goblins can get organized ^_^

So, now all factions have walls :D

Looks very nice but you havent announced this before right ? Because I was planning something like this, but with some upgrades, for Mordor some time ago and I dont want people to think that it was stolen idea ;)

Edited by Makaveli, 05 May 2007 - 06:52 AM.

#26 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 05 May 2007 - 09:34 AM

I believe it happens all the time that people have similiar ideas. Especially the good ones! ;)

About the GoblinWalls/Fence: Why bother with a gate? Climb, climb, climb, right, hehe) Don't know if Gorkil can do it (yet), but Shelob for sure. And Drogoth..... :p

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#27 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,438 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 05 May 2007 - 09:54 AM

Wow.... I almost like the Goblin's walls more than Mordor :p but that's because they both look sweet, and I've seen the mordor walls before :D ;)

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#28 Khamul91

Khamul91
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 12:43 PM

But trolls can't climb...

However great job!!

#29 CapnAstroSponge

CapnAstroSponge

title available

• Members
  • 299 posts
  • Projects:Trolling the S.E.E Boards

Posted 05 May 2007 - 01:07 PM

Yup, even more drinks all around!

It fits, but why no upgrades? The Web Cocoon would look pretty sweet on that.
Posted Image

Never come between a Capn and his..uh..AstroSponge? No, no...Never come between a CapnAstro and his Sponge! Uh.....this doesn't work as well as the other guys names..

I am..

Posted Image

#30 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 05 May 2007 - 02:25 PM

Mak, no problem... lol, like Sûl said, people are bound to come up with similar ideas somewhere along the line. I wont accuse you of stealing ideas my friend ;)

Spongeman... they wont get any upgrades like web, cause that would recuire modeling :lion: Othwervise I would do it, cause it would be rather cool :p

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#31 Juissi

Juissi

AWESOM-O

• Hosted
  • 1,555 posts
  • Projects:Last Alliance modification, The Hobbit mod
  •  Forger Of (Last) Alliance

Posted 05 May 2007 - 02:40 PM

And yea I knew that you wouldnt but sometimes some random people who download mods might do that :p

How would it require modeling ? As far as I know Web Cocoon is just new texture+better defence.

#32 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 05 May 2007 - 02:52 PM

Well, in that case I would want the web to sort of be spun across and between the bars/spikes... yo know, like making the whole wall more "solid". That would require modeling.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#33 InfernoX

InfernoX
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 04:04 PM

You could just have a little rectangle go through the segments then skin a web with an alpha shader on it.

Wouldn't be too difficult.

#34 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 05 May 2007 - 04:45 PM

Do it!? :p

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#35 Gorkounov

Gorkounov
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 10:29 PM

I don't know if im stupid or not but

Where do we download these?
Posted Image

#36 InfernoX

InfernoX
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 11:05 PM

Do it!? :p

I could do the skin and maybe draw the rectangle, but i'm no modeler XD

#37 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 06 May 2007 - 12:31 AM

I don't know if im stupid or not but

Where do we download these?

:p ;) A bit yes... you can't, it's still only in the internal Beta - here, in my computer :lion:

Do it!? ;)

I could do the skin and maybe draw the rectangle, but i'm no modeler XD

I can do skins too since Ive done almost all skins in the whole game now :wub: but like you, I'm no modeler either so - no modeling can be done.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#38 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader

Posted 07 May 2007 - 11:41 AM

to make the creation of "gates" more sophisticated, give it a button which will detonate a weapon with a small range which only affects your own walls and destroys them in 1 hit :)
bartvh | Join me, make your signature small!
Einstein: "We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

#39 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 07 May 2007 - 11:44 AM

:) Sweet! Simple and elegant.

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#40 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 07 May 2007 - 12:07 PM

to make the creation of "gates" more sophisticated, give it a button which will detonate a weapon with a small range which only affects your own walls and destroys them in 1 hit :mellow:

Hehe well, that's pretty much what happens when you just destroy a segment "normally"... :)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users