Photo

New Ring Heroes? Debate - Movies v/s Books

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
428 replies to this topic

Poll: Should S.E.E. have new Ring Heroes for each faction? (113 member(s) have cast votes)

Good Factions

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Evil Factions

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#421 Gfire

Gfire

Nuju

• Project Team
  • 2,173 posts
  • Projects:Finding My Way
  •  The Perfectionist

Posted 20 October 2009 - 02:42 PM

If Sauron had the ring, he would be the most powerful spirit in middle earth, except perhaps for tom, who is just confusing and we don't know about.

Tom is very mysterious, but, like the Istari, he doesn't use powers of mass destruction. If he's able to do such things, he chooses not to. The Istari weren't allowed to use their full power in Middle Earth, either.

The fact is we don't know how powerful Tom is or how much power he would use (i'd expect he'd use no power,) but we know he doesn't get more powerful from the ring.
Greetings, community.

#422 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 21 October 2009 - 04:01 PM

From Hero Roster topic, slightly edited:

We could solve the Ring system by using Frodo and Sam as "Ring Heroes" only, for good factions! Frodo carries the One Ring and Sam is a slave unit protecting him. They'd be recruitable from the fortress that captures the ring, and if they make it across the map to the other side and off screen without being "killed"/captured, the evil guys will die in say 30 minutes (timer) when they reach Mount Doom. And if not, and if they're killed along the way, the Ring is once again up for grabs when Frodo drops it.

Gosh, that would be cool... ;)

^_^

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#423 zachdaddy_3000

zachdaddy_3000

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

• Project Team
  • 580 posts
  • Projects:Nazgul's BFMEII: Special Extended Edition

Posted 21 October 2009 - 04:17 PM

*moved here from Hero roster topic* /Naz

However: If we do that, we could solve the Ring system more easily though... and use Frodo and Sam as "Ring Heroes" only, traveling from the fortress that captures the ring, across the map, and if they make it off screen without being "killed"/captured, the bad guys will die in XX minutes when they reach Mount Doom. (And if not, the Ring is once again up for grabs when Frodo drops it). Gosh, that would be cool... ^_^

Lol... this is kind of like one of my random ideas I came up with. ;) When you take the Ring to a good faction fortress, you can buy Frodo and Sam. Sam would be mostly a support character while Frodo would have the Ring. If you get Frodo to reach the enemy fortress, the entire enemy base blows up. In terms of a coding standpoint, this should be completely possible.

I like this, but instead of the fortress "blowing up" what if when Frodo and Sam reach the fortress it starts an earthquake (the one from the palantir powers) at the center of the fortress, damaging the fortress and the surrounding buildings. I think that might be easier to code too, since the good factions (except elves) have this power already!

Edited by Nazgûl, 22 October 2009 - 10:21 AM.

Do not come between a Zach and his........Zach?

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#424 Prince of the Dark Forest

Prince of the Dark Forest
  • Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 06:30 PM

I agree with zachdaddy. If the game ends when Frodo reaches the enemy fortress, obtaining the ring would basically mean an almost automatic win (even if the other team can kill Frodo before he does so)... I think that when you have the ring you should be able to buy Fordo and Sam (as a horde, perhaps with Sam as a 'slave' ^_^) and use them in usual combat/battles like we can now, but also have the option of trying to get them to the enemy base to cause MAJOR damage, but not automatic win...

Also regarding heroes, what kind of powers will the Cave Troll of Moria have?
Ignited into the world in a flash of lightning, it gleams faintly in the heart of its mother, wood. It begins as an ember, a mere wisp of heat and colour. Its chance of survival at this critical moment is minute, yet it fights on, against the unforgiving cold, against the depths of night and against its mortal enemy: rain.

#425 Archon

Archon

Ethereal Chaos

• Members
  • 555 posts
  • Projects:Wars of Arda mod
  •  Expert Marksman

Posted 21 October 2009 - 06:35 PM

The earthquake should do MASSIVE damage however, because it has to be balanced with Sauron's powers (or Sauron could be nerfed, either way)
_______Posted Image_______Posted Image

#426 khamulrulz

khamulrulz

title available

• Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 10:02 PM

the topic has drifted to ring heroes, but oh well.... i think since the earthquake thing is the equivalent of destroying the ring, frodo only gets to do that earthquake thing once. then, you have to capture the ring from gollum again to use it on another fortress. that way, it evens it out with sauron (one hit fortress kill vs actually staying alive the whole time)
Posted Image
Posted Image

#427 Gfire

Gfire

Nuju

• Project Team
  • 2,173 posts
  •  The Perfectionist

Posted 21 October 2009 - 11:58 PM

I think the destruction of the ring would disable the enemy spell tree (Sauron's power) but not destroy the whole base. And after the ring is destroyed you should not be able to get it again.
Greetings, community.

#428 khamulrulz

khamulrulz

title available

• Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 07:09 AM

merry and pippin should stay with elves for 4.7, but in 4.8 when gondor and rohan split, they should go to their respective factions. to replace the treebeard mount thing, then you could have merry mount on the back of eowyn's horse, and pippin mount on the back of gandalf's horse if you want
Posted Image
Posted Image

#429 Gfire

Gfire

Nuju

• Project Team
  • 2,173 posts
  •  The Perfectionist

Posted 22 October 2009 - 05:02 PM

IF they split. :good:

The horses aren't as cool, but it'll have to do, I guess.

EDIT: Go HERE! :cool2: /Naz

Edited by Nazgûl, 04 November 2009 - 11:49 PM.

Greetings, community.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users