#201 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 21 November 2007 - 03:00 AM

What I mean is that, we're gonna need to work on them again in that case, after EvilMen is added... and if I was coding it, I would see it as "easier" if that faction was already in so we could make a complete overall image on all spell books at once. Some of them, like Whyrm for instance should be moved to EvilMen as an exclusive to them, and so on and so forth. But... you're the Coder - you decide :p

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#202 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 21 November 2007 - 03:18 AM

I wouldn't wanna sound bossy on that. My thought was just that to discuss the spellbooks (even for evil men to some degree) would be an easy chat (even if longish). Most importantly though a) the new spell setup and new spells for the existing factions would be quicker to implement (since i know how) than the new faction (which i have yet to do for the first time) and b) since i expect the new faction to take much longer to make playable in a beta, we could churn out a 'new spells' edition faster and to the joy of everyone playing S.E.E. (including me). :dry:

But, even though this is an open thread, we should better discuss this on msn in our leasure time one of these days, right? :p

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#203 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 21 November 2007 - 01:21 PM

You do have some logic there, hehe :p
Yeah, we'll decide this in Staff or on MSN =)

Regardless - we do have a good source of inspiration from this thread :dry:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#204 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 02:32 AM

I have a suggestion for the summoned units in the spell books, Naz mentioned he'd like to have them be a constant unit until dead, there is the issue of hording the summoned units in your base like multiple balrogs hehe :rolleyes:, my Idea is could the spell timer be set to restart when the unit is dead?

to make sure Im clear on this: Summon the balrog and the timer doesnt restart until it is dead. that way a player could never end up with more than 1 at any time.

#205 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 02:36 AM

One could set 'MaxNumberSimultaneously = 1' to make you only have 1 at a time. Triggering the spell when you still have the Balrog would do nothing but reset the timer. I'd have to figure out a way how to prevent all the summoning FX though, which would still happen, only the Balrog wouldn't appear.

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#206 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 03:32 AM

hey well its 1 step toward the goal, you are a genius Sul. but I have another question how would it work with the summon spells that have more than one unit? like the future knights of dol amroth with several battalions? would the 'MaxNumberSimultaneously = 3' but if one battallion or two were to die you could summon back the other two, correct?

Edited by njm1983, 27 November 2007 - 03:38 AM.

#207 av8r

av8r

SEE Support Mgr

• Project Team
  • 489 posts
  • Projects:SEE

Posted 27 November 2007 - 04:10 AM

Hey Sul. As it is now, how do you feel about the Balrogs duration in the game when he arrives? He seemed to last a long time when I was using him. Not too bad if I own him, however :rolleyes:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#208 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 04:28 AM

All summoned units have an extended lifetime in S.E.E. Otherwise they never really have a chance to die because they just get unsummoned first. Rather boring. But spells also have a longer reload time. Both of these adjustments are pretty much in accord with the reduced emphasis on rushing in the game.

@njm: Yeah, that's what would happen when summoning several units/hordes with a numbered limit. Only those already dead would be replaced. That is only viable for units you cannot build in barracks yourself, otherwise it would render that particular production structure obsolete for the rest of the game (kind of) and we don't want that. This would be much like the Tavern units (limited in number, only units you cannot build on your own).

For creatures like the Balrog, i would remove the lifetime limitation. But i would like something in the line of the Avatar of Khorne in DoW, meaning he loses health when not engaged in combat. I just cannot imagine the Balrog or any other summoned creature to recuperate on the other side of the hill or in some fortress. You remember that the Balrog had his lair in the underdeeps to which he would return, i assume, to lick his wounds. This is already represented fairly well with the current system of summons having a lifetime.

One quick idea: when he dies, he stays dead, permanently. He also cannot regenerate ANY wound. But he has the option of returning to the undeeps (unsummon) with a button. That would keep him summonable for the next time. Just a thought. :rolleyes:

#209 av8r

av8r

SEE Support Mgr

• Project Team
  • 489 posts
  • Projects:SEE

Posted 27 November 2007 - 04:55 AM

Ahh...okay that makes sense, thanks for taking the time to explain it
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#210 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 05:08 AM

well I guess that its in your capable hands then. good info to know thanks.

#211 Guest_ttandc_*

Guest_ttandc_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 December 2007 - 08:13 AM

G'day to all

I've been having another think in regards to the ravens of ravenhill. The idea of making a raven a hero for the dwarven faction just dosn't seem like a good idea so maybe making a summon ravens of raven hill spell might be better.

For those that are unfamiliar with them, they played a small roll in the hobbit but Balin told a nice story of them being good friends of the dwarves and that they lived over 100 years and were able to speak the dwarven language. They were the eyes of the outside wourld for the dwarves. And would fly off and report back to the dwarves on happenings around their lands.

So the spell I thought could be to summon 5-8 ravens to perch on rocks,trees or bushes each on their own placed randomly over the maps and with their range of view be able to show a generous part of the map to the player for a liited amount of time. These ravens would be invisible to other players. And they would also be able to see stealthed units.

This is similar to other deshroud and view stealthed units powers of other factions but I thought it might be a good substitute if one was needed as at the moment the dwarven faction does not have anything like this. :lol:

just a thought :p

#212 ttandchotmail

ttandchotmail

title available

• Project Team
  • 849 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 08:17 AM

Whoops, sorry :p The post before this one is me. I did not notice I was logged out, The new layout of the forum had me a bit confused. Apologies :lol:

And I realise you guys are not looking at spells until next year but if I don't right these down when I think of them I will forget them. So no need to reply to these ideas as once I type them down here I usually forget about them ;)

Edited by ttandchotmail, 05 December 2007 - 02:47 AM.

No chance of returning....Zero chance of surviving....Well!? When do we get started?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#213 Jonasking

Jonasking

title available

• Project Team
  • 451 posts
  • Projects:Finished Projects

Posted 10 August 2008 - 01:51 AM

MoTW:
5 points:Eyes of the white tower:Works like Isengard palanti'r,In fact it's a palanti'r
20 points:Stand Men of the West-Summons 3 hordes of Royal Guards and 3 hordes of Gondor Citadel Guards?/Allies of the North,elite units from Dwarwes and Elves.
25 points:-

The faction really need some new cool spellbooks power,without them a victory would be even harder,almost impossible.

#214 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 10 August 2008 - 02:04 AM

YEah, we do need more spells... Pretty good ones there. It's just that I loathe to code them. I wish Sûl was here... I can add stuff, balance, fix upgrades and technology and so on... but AI, FX and Spells are not really my strong side =/

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#215 Mordor Slayer

Mordor Slayer

SEE Marketing Manager

• Project Team
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 04:59 PM

I've got a small but effective one:

'Orc Draught'

Heals enemy units/hero/...

In the Extended Edition (and in the books btw) you can see/read that the Uruk scouting party give Merry some of their orc draught to patch him up and 'heal' him.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#216 Jonasking

Jonasking

title available

• Project Team
  • 451 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 07:53 PM

Mordor-
10-Corsairs from Umbar-Summons 5 Battle ships

Elves-
25/30-Wrath of Valar-Summon a large water wawe to crush enemie units and buildings.

Edited by Jonasking, 14 August 2008 - 07:54 PM.

#217 Mordor Slayer

Mordor Slayer

SEE Marketing Manager

• Project Team
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 09:47 PM

How would that last power differ from the other water power they've got?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#218 Jonasking

Jonasking

title available

• Project Team
  • 451 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 11:10 PM

That one Arwen summons in the move(In the game to at lvl 10 but the spellbok one is bigger)is just a "small" wave.I think that's should be a power just to Arwen.The mean of the Wrath of Valar/Valinor power is this:It destroyed everything execpt Morgoth(Or was it Saurons army?),so it would be a big wave that do great damage.

#219 Garrison Nomad

Garrison Nomad

Bringin' in Da Boyz

• Project Team
  • 608 posts
  • Projects:Beta testing for SEE
  •  I'm in your closet...eating your clothes.

Posted 23 August 2008 - 04:55 PM

That's already in the game....it was in the original one too. -_-
If I were you and you were me I'd have a different face.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
"The only real things are imaginary..."

#220 Fobbi

Fobbi
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 11:35 AM

well much time passed since last post, i'm not sure if i could make some suggestions (they should be for beta 4.6) ^^ i just do it:

1) Take away the dragon from the wild faction and replace the spell by the fly-by-Smaug
2) Take away Smaug from Isengard and replace the spell by this great avalanche from Angmar (maybe could be called "Power of Caradras")
3) Take away the Balrog from Mordor and replace him with summon Morgoth (i think you wanted include him in the game)
[4) i think the Earthquake spell is already only planed for the dwarfen spellbook]

after these few changes every faction got its own super powers :p
greetings
Fobbi
For Saruman!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users