#61 Mordor Slayer

Mordor Slayer

SEE Marketing Manager

• Project Team
  • 1,424 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition

Posted 29 June 2007 - 04:18 PM

My ideas:

- Replace the Tower by a Beacon for Gondor (same beacon as neutral ones).

- Elven gifts (I put it here just to be sure, but I'm sure you've thought of this).

- One hint: don't scrap Eagles and Ents. I know Sul doesn't like summons which you can also build, but you really need the Eagles against Nazgul, and the Ents for siege (because many many ents die during a siege).

- I'd still like the Nertea dwarves as a summon in the spelbook, or as a summon of Dain.

Edited by Mordor Slayer, 29 June 2007 - 04:20 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#62 Garrison Nomad

Garrison Nomad

Bringin' in Da Boyz

• Project Team
  • 608 posts
  • Projects:Beta testing for SEE
  •  I'm in your closet...eating your clothes.

Posted 29 June 2007 - 07:59 PM

I agree with u, MS.

as for my bizarre goblins, they were what I call apocalypse units, meaning they've been summoned by another unit and look rather otherworldy...I'm experimenting, ahhhh. I'm currently working on a forged blades skin you guys might kinda like.....but I'll get back to you on that.

@ nazgul= yeah...that does seem a little more...realistic. However, if you ever make a hero that summons or sumthin...always consider demonic tendencies...=P
If I were you and you were me I'd have a different face.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
"The only real things are imaginary..."

#63 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 29 June 2007 - 08:25 PM

Putting in summons is a pretty easily accomplished thing. Especially if it involves units that are already in the game. But for exactly that reason i would only consider them placeholders until something better than that comes to mind. Or if it is done in an unusual way. I liked the idea of Shelob spawning spiderlings regularly, up to a max of maybe 5. Kinda like extra life. They could even be CREEPS chained to her, like the warg sentries, but to a mobile 'Pit'.

The Spellbook powers should be more extraordinary. They a) reflect the unique traits of the faction and b) represent an extra effort of a group or a person behind the curtains supporting the whole idea that the faction represents, like some hidden puppeteer. That's why i never liked Sauron as a RingHero too well. I always thought of the Mordor SpellBook powers as his personal collection of abilities and his influence among other peoples and creatures. With the other Spellbooks, like the Gondor or Elven SpellBook, this is a bit harder to pretend. All the potential 'behind the scenes' guys are already buildable heroes. :(

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#64 Troll Ranger

Troll Ranger
  • Members
  • 51 posts
  •  BFMEII SEE Fan

Posted 30 June 2007 - 10:41 AM

My ideas:

- Elven gifts (I put it here just to be sure, but I'm sure you've thought of this).

- One hint: don't scrap Eagles and Ents. I know Sul doesn't like summons which you can also build, but you really need the Eagles against Nazgul, and the Ents for siege (because many many ents die during a siege).

- I'd still like the Nertea dwarves as a summon in the spelbook, or as a summon of Dain.

I agree 100% with all of that, MS is very wise man.

SEE_zps20127a0f.jpg
SEE-Mod_PlayerFan.jpg

#65 Guest_Guest_Saruman_*_*

Guest_Guest_Saruman_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2007 - 10:10 PM

How about some kind of Cahadras like power for an Isengard 25pp power? There is something strange about Isen's reliance on dragon powers, and a power based on Saruman taking the mountain down on the fellowship might fit in better. Plus, ROTWK has plenty of snow effects that could be used to help with the effect?? (not that in know anything how the effects work in this game)!

#66 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 01 July 2007 - 02:05 AM

I would love to use those in a mixture with the Tornado that WILL be moved to Isengards Spell Book. But... we can't use RotWK stuff without upsetting people (cause it's basically "illegal" - at least morally and theoretically).

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#67 Mordor Slayer

Mordor Slayer

SEE Marketing Manager

• Project Team
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 09:10 AM

My ideas:

I agree 100% with all of that, MS is very wise man.

That made me laugh ;) . But thanks! I still like the beacon summon, it can be quite handy since power recharging can take a while. But it should have a pretty big radius (like farms), so you have to build it on the outskirts of your camp, which is harder to defend and thus fair against the enemy.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#68 Guest_Guest_Saruman_*_*

Guest_Guest_Saruman_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2007 - 03:16 PM

Maybe also adding the ring Saruman created for himself when he renamed himself saruman of many colours could work as a power for Isen. Make it give him a buff to his stats (always had an issue with saruman in the games EA made - always seemed a bit weak for my liking compared to Gandalf)

#69 Guest_Guest_Saruman_*_*

Guest_Guest_Saruman_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2007 - 03:24 PM

On the point of Saruman, just a suggestion on his powers. Why not get rid of his level 10 lightning (always found it a bit weird) and give him an increased powered wormtounge ability, given Sarumans major strength was his ability to manipulate others through his speech.

#70 Garrison Nomad

Garrison Nomad

Bringin' in Da Boyz

• Project Team
  • 608 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 03:52 PM

Saruman doesn't need a new wormtongue ability. Besides, if it's too big and too long, it becomes OPed. Isengard's new powers are gonna be based off weather effects, methinks they have said.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#71 Mordor Slayer

Mordor Slayer

SEE Marketing Manager

• Project Team
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 07:18 PM

He'll be given the tornado :p.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#72 Garrison Nomad

Garrison Nomad

Bringin' in Da Boyz

• Project Team
  • 608 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 09:28 PM

Yay. He's needed a power like that...but I think he should keep lightning too....possibly even in place of fireball. nerfed, of course.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#73 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 01 July 2007 - 10:25 PM

Don't drift too much into heroes. This thread is for the Spell Books ;)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#74 Garrison Nomad

Garrison Nomad

Bringin' in Da Boyz

• Project Team
  • 608 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 01:28 AM

Ahh...sorry.

ANYWAYS...you've mentioned before that Isengard and gobs had access to things from the deep...things very...unnatural. What if gobs could summon something skeletal...armored, but skeletal. Thing Scourge from WC3 (DK why I reference that game so much, maybe it's cause it's rediculous and awesome at the same time <_>), only a little more LotRish. Some other Balrog-type critter, perhaps a flightless one with Monster claws, could fit in, too.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#75 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2007 - 12:26 AM

mordor should have a spell where lava spews up from the ground within a radius and damages units as they walk over it

#76 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 04 July 2007 - 12:34 AM

I like that idea... But it would probably be very hard to do since we have no lava animations. But maybe... *noted*

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#77 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2007 - 12:37 AM

ypu could take tainted land and make it a red color

#78 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2007 - 12:38 AM

sorry and then take the balrog summoun for the beggining but take out the balrgog emblem

#79 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 04:40 AM

if you ported the game to Rise of the Witch-King you could :p :p
Posted Image

#80 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 04 July 2007 - 09:34 AM

I'm pretty sure there is a steam vent animation:
http://www.gamerepla...howtopic=257380

So perhaps this could be changed to have lava?
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users