#1 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  crazy coder

Posted 30 June 2007 - 02:27 AM

Add any suggestions and/or bugs for Rohan in here. I want to seperate the factions for discussion.

Robert's todo:
- Finish the Rohan Walls (re-model for no overlapping and other stuff as well as the geometries for each object)
- Rotate the wall banner for the walls? Maybe.
DONE - Fix the armory, the commandsets change with level upgrades, but the actual building does not level up nor does the model update
DONE - Add a Rohan Barracks to the game
- Re-examine all geometry for Rohan, especially the fortress to ensure that buildings can be built properly instead of taking too much space
- Make sure all banners are Rohan banners.
- Create button image and portrait for Hama
- Correct all tooltips and powers for Hama
DONE - Mix the SEE skins for the Rohirrim with Nertea's skins (keep 8-9 total Rohirrim skins, but use different ones for Archers and Rohirrim)
- Create Rohan Soldier's Portrait and Button Image
- Add the new yeoman portrait in game and add a new button image
- Set the hero structure
- Add mount eagle for Radagast
DONE - Finish Rohirrim skin for Royal Guard or obtain a new model for them
DONE - Change Gamling from a CaH based model to a unique model
- Change Erkenbrand from a CaH based model or retexture
- Fix button image for Erkenbrand
- Create new texture for Rohan Soldiers/Archers
- Create unique Rohan Porter
- Add AI spell execution information for Rohan
- Correct FX for muster Rohirrim
- Fine tune FX for Stampede
- Fine tune Three Hunters fx, voices, faded death
- Add Armored Texture for Rohan (Numerean Stonework type)

Bugs:
Fixed - 1.05.01- Fix the Elven Wood Power to be castable
Fixed - 1.05.01- Fix spelling of haldir in the elven allies power
Fixed Rohirrim 1.05.01 (Need to look into split hordes) - look into the regeneration of combo-hordes and jimmyman's observations. There are known problems with combo-hordes in BFME2 - are these some of them?
Fixed - 1.05.01 - What caused the elven warrior problem where the units seperating and becoming useless
Fixed - 1.05.01 - Change the Royal Guards back to level3 stables - they were left there for testing purposes
Fixed - 1.05.02 - Yeoman Soldier's armor upgrade is bugged, also called Gondor Soldiers
- Why did jimmyman have the problems with the Yeoman archers coming down. Check the passenger filter for the elevator on the Rohan castles.
Fixed - Rohan Well and Statue have the correct buttons
- Buildings have two voices when complete
- Stables - the stablemaster is attached to the building
- Wall upgrade building fx never go away
- Finish the map scripting so the base is not destroyed until all other buildings are gone.

Suggestions:
- Erkenbrand should mount at a higher level
- Ents can attack when rising, also very weak
- Change the morning mist FX (maybe postern gate fx)
- Combine the Yeoman Soldiers and rohan pikemen into a switching battalion
- a bunch of suggestions for top level theoden power
- increase Theoden's grant experience
- ensure there are no walls missing when building bases on every map
- Have Peasants have similar to Thrall Masters (Summon a type of Yeoman - Enhancement to draft) This is a very strong possility, though I love the barracks and would like to see it used.
- Improve Rohan Walls. Ensure they have the same coding as other walls and balance
- Scout/Light Rohorrim - Weak Cavalry unit that cannot combine that is used to scount (I like this one. I am very tempted to add them)
- Buff the Heath of the Elven Warriors to be stronger, but not to be the strongest archer (Work on making them closer to BFME1 - almost like a pikemen)
- Strengthen Cavalry
- Another Variant of the Rohirrim (Scout/Pikemen - Level 1, Axemen/Archers - Level 2, Royal Guard Level 3)

Questions:

Edited by robnkarla, 16 July 2007 - 06:11 PM.

#2 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts
  •  Greedy capitalist and cynical bastard.

Posted 30 June 2007 - 03:51 PM

A suggestion: you could change the texture of the Rohan Fortress when it has the armor upgrade, and also add a 'horn' when upgrading with the horn of helm hammerhand. you could use Fin's stuff: http://mevault.ign.c...h...Detail&id=9
It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#3 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  •  crazy coder

Posted 30 June 2007 - 04:02 PM

A suggestion: you could change the texture of the Rohan Fortress when it has the armor upgrade, and also add a 'horn' when upgrading with the horn of helm hammerhand. you could use Fin's stuff: http://mevault.ign.c...h...Detail&id=9

I got Fin's approval for using some items so I'll be looking at his texture for HA and see if it applies, as well as his fortress. I don't remember if there was a horn. (I am working on his walls - I'm seeing if I can redo some of the models to clean them up a little as well as have no more overlapping walls and the open for a front or back gate.

#4 fehik

fehik
  • Project Team
  • 207 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 06:07 PM

The Elven Wood power cannot be casted.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  •  crazy coder

Posted 30 June 2007 - 09:50 PM

The Elven Wood power cannot be casted.

Noted, and I will add all of my todo's bug lists, etc either by Monday or Tuesday to give everyone clear visibility to all of whats going on.

#6 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts
  • Projects:Beta Testing RJ-RotWK

Posted 01 July 2007 - 04:22 AM

kinda trivial, but 'haldir' is spelled "haldier" in the rohan power tree. rohan ai dosnt work, elven wood dosnt work either.

"A wizard is never late, nor is he early; he arrives precisely when he means to."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 {IP}jimmyman

{IP}jimmyman

The only was one can understand me is by being me.

• Project Team
  • 644 posts
  • Projects:Mapping for RJ_RotWK
  •  freelance mapper/3d modeler in training

Posted 01 July 2007 - 11:09 PM

ok i just tried a battle on FoI with them against isen
the bugs ive noticed are:
1) i grouped the peasents together and when the whole battalion was taken out to just one man i sent him back to the well to heal and replace units, what i realized 5 minutes later was that it wouldnt revive the whole battalion
2) pretty much the same happend with the rohirrim i grouped, only one died and didnt get replaced. i later lost all the battalion except for 3 archers and 2 spearmen on the horses making the really sweet looking battalion, but not what i payed all the resources for
3) when my elven warriors were trampled in a grouped battalion, 3 of them were left with little dammage seperately away from eachother and the battalion. they were utterly useless to me, not dying, fighting or moving.
4) iv noticed that the Royal Gaurd can be purchased from a level 1 stables when t asks for level 3
5) after sitting on the wall for the whole match, the yeoman archeres were stuck deciding whether to go down or not so they started break dancing (dead serious) becoing useless to me for defense

heres a picture of the rohirrim when they were grouped

Attached Files

Edited by jimmyman, 01 July 2007 - 11:11 PM.

Sig by Serated
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image CLICK THE DRAGONS Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#8 mr_g

mr_g
  • Project Team
  • 186 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 09:51 AM

Hama and Radagast must have the mount/dismount fonction

Edited by mr_g, 05 July 2007 - 04:19 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 05 July 2007 - 05:48 PM

my first bug is kinda like one of jimmymans. I was playing in helms deep vs 2 isengards, and they broke down my gate. all my elven warriors rushed and mostly died, so i retreated. 5 warrions were either seperated or the onlything left of their batllions, and they just stood there. I couldnt order them to move, only to attack, and the enemy didnt register them as enemies, so i just walked thru all their forces with five guys. Note: They were all combo hordes to combine.

Also, a suggestion, I think Erkenbrand shouldn't have a mount, or at least should start on foot and get mount at lvl 3 or something. In the books, he lead huge amounts of foot soldiers marching to aid helms deep, not cavalry.

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#10 Xingdao Fan

Xingdao Fan

look to the Evening Star!

• Project Team
  • 588 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK (BETA testing)

Posted 06 July 2007 - 08:43 PM

I played again with Rohan, I was Rohan and I had a Medium AI Gondor ally, against a Hard Mordor and a medium Isengard in map Anfalas.

I experienced a few bugs. For example, Elven Warriors would end up in battalions of a single unit, they could not move nor change stance (they were stuck in Aggressive, I always put archers in that stance). However, I could still make them change between bow and sword. They also moved in case I ordered them to attack, but if I targeted a point with no target they wouldn't answer.

The combined Rohirrim battalions show no experience bar. Also, when combining two battalions of different units, they should show the portrait of multiple units (the rohirrim at the Pelennor Fields portrait).

Is it possible to fix the bug where the AI can attack and capture the building at the same time?

Additionally, the Ents can already attack when they're rising. They're a bit weak too, they need alot of attacks to destroy a Ballista, while the Ballista needs only a few (3 or 4) to kill the Ent.

Edited by Xingdao Fan, 06 July 2007 - 08:45 PM.

xingdaofan-1.jpg

#11 cleaburn

cleaburn
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 02:57 AM

new rohan swordsman when armor up grade is applied there shields turn into the men of dales logo instead of the horse it is now the grow bird?
:p

cleaburn

#12 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  •  crazy coder

Posted 07 July 2007 - 03:09 AM

All right, I think I got some of the items fixed for 1.05.01

- Rohan Shields
- Elven Warrior bugs

I'm also going to go through all of the objects to ensure they are defined in the experiencelevels.ini. For the stables bug, I'll be looking into that as well to hopefully be fixed. :p

#13 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2007 - 05:06 AM

You could add Erkenbrand or something like that, and his men (the ones who travel on foot (book))

#14 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Donated

Posted 07 July 2007 - 08:06 AM

erkenbrand is already in game

yodasig2.png
My political compass

#15 Xingdao Fan

Xingdao Fan

look to the Evening Star!

• Project Team
  • 588 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK (BETA testing)

Posted 08 July 2007 - 10:16 AM

Rohan has certain buildings such as Archery Range and Stables that shout two voices when they are built.

Also, Well and Statue still have Gondor icons instead of Rohan's.

xingdaofan-1.jpg

#16 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Donated

Posted 08 July 2007 - 04:49 PM

morning mist doesnt show anything when you build it. If you need an idea, it think the foggy type thing thats there when you build a postern gate would be a cool fx for it.

yodasig2.png
My political compass

#17 sdunnyw506

sdunnyw506
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 02:11 PM

not sure if this can be fixed or not, but with the rohan stables, the man applying the horseshoes to the horse at the building is graphically attached to the building (graphics bug)

if you look at the stables you can notice it (and im pretty sure its not my system because ive been playing with these games for a while and have run into numerous problems because of my own computer)

#18 Ergopad

Ergopad
  • Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 08:22 PM

Remove those bloody Gondor soldier since peasants are available. How about adding draft to armory as upgrade? ^_^

And the elves summoning power should renamed, because it doesn't look good when the font is too small. And add Haldir only in the text rather than the name of power?

Stables tooltip says it's for upgrades.
Posted Image
The Path of The Avatar

Heroes never die
...As long as they are remembered.

#19 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  •  crazy coder

Posted 11 July 2007 - 08:38 PM

All right,

The double voices - I'm looking into what is causing this, and hopefully will be fixed in the next release.

Morning Mist - Yeah, the fx really is not that great for this, I'm going to be changing this as well as I'm working on an upgraded texture for the Fortress/Walls

Rohan Stables - I've noticed this too. It looks like it's been around since BFME1, but maybe not. I'll see if it is something I can fix.

Elven Power - Has been renames to "Summon Elven Allies" so that should go away. The description is the same

Stables Tooltip - Has been fixed for the next release.

Lastly, those bloody soldiers.
1) Their name has been fixed.
2) Draft is available as a purchasable upgrade from the fortress. Would you rather have it at the armory? Makes more sense....Now just have to come up with a new fortress upgrade....I also have been thinking maybe I can get the rallying call to draft peasants it's called on
3) I should probably take a poll - What does everyone think about peasants vs. yeoman soldiers? The way I wanted it, peasants are completely spammable from farms. Rohan I think becomes them one of the few "spammable" good factions. The soldiers then are a step up, but I need to make them a little more unique.

Lastly, Rohan will get a barracks in the next release, and hopefully I'll get their walls adjusted soon as well.

#20 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Donated

Posted 11 July 2007 - 08:38 PM

theyre actually rohan soldiers, just build some and check ^_^

yodasig2.png
My political compass

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users