• Please log in to reply
755 replies to this topic

#21 Gherrick

Gherrick

Drunken Bastard

• Project Team
  • 374 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 09:35 PM

If you want them unique than how about spear upgrade which gives them spear/sword toggle?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#22 Ergopad

Ergopad
  • Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 09:46 PM

If you want them unique than how about spear upgrade which gives them spear/sword toggle?

Very interesting, fresh idea. ^_^

So that there wouldn't be ANY units available at armory (no soldiers/spearmen). Armory would only have "spears"-upgrade that can be bought to peasants.

Would make Rohan a new interesting look. Low number of units, but the few units are very versatile?

I see yeoman soldiers pretty useless too, since there are peasants and elven warriors (sword toggle) available anyways.

Edited by Ergopad, 12 July 2007 - 02:10 AM.

Posted Image
The Path of The Avatar

Heroes never die
...As long as they are remembered.

#23 mr_g

mr_g
  • Project Team
  • 186 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 11:40 AM

Am I the only one who has AI on Rohan only on the RJ's skirmish map?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#24 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 12 July 2007 - 06:16 PM

he meant that soldiers and pikemen should have the toggle, not peasants and pikemen. It's a shame to see the pikemen model not being used then, but rob can probably find a use for it somewhere.

Also, draft may make more sense at armory, but its not really useful then. I mean, if you have enough cash in the middle of a battle to build an armory, your probably not gonna be using peasants anymore. I'd keep it at fortress costing 200 or so.

(btw, when i gave some upgraded peasants forged blades, their hammers turned into swords. not sure if this was in original, since i would never have done it, but i was playing eastfold where you cant draft.)

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#25 mr_g

mr_g
  • Project Team
  • 186 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 06:25 PM

the armory still has the same appearence on the 3 levels
Posted Image
Posted Image

#26 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Donated

Posted 12 July 2007 - 06:30 PM

thatll be fixed for 1.5.02

EDIT: also for theoden, a new power

Lvl 8 – Kingly Death (when Théoden dies, all allies can +200% bonuses in damage for an amount of time), not sure about level, maybe also could be 9-10?

Edited by YodaWarrior, 12 July 2007 - 06:46 PM.

yodasig2.png
My political compass

#27 Xingdao Fan

Xingdao Fan

look to the Evening Star!

• Project Team
  • 588 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK (BETA testing)

Posted 12 July 2007 - 07:52 PM

I think Theoden is alright as he is. King's Favor is more worth it than Glorious Charge. I like the stat change, but the abilities could have remained the same.

By the way, is it possible to remove Gimli's leadership?

xingdaofan-1.jpg

#28 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  crazy coder

Posted 12 July 2007 - 08:05 PM

Well, I'm trying to change Theoden into the king that he is/was....well at least create a 3000 hero for Rohan. I think Theoden is the best choice. (Now if I can get Radagast's mount eagle to work....then he'd finally be worth the cost as well).

I'm going to weigh his strength, power, etc. mentioned in the release. The kingly death is an interesting idea I'll have to play with.

#29 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts
  • Projects:Beta Testing RJ-RotWK

Posted 12 July 2007 - 08:11 PM

muster the rohirrim speeds up build tim 4 yeoman soldiers as well as rohirrim, and summoned legolas wont use his hawkstrike power. also summoned gimli needs 2 get slayer quicker, i didnt have a chance 2 use it and he was alive vry nearly 2 the end of his timer.
the stampede power must also do much more damage to units, it barely touched some heavy-armored uruk archers, and i doubt it would hav killed anythin other than orc or un-armored goblins. so its not vry useful as of now.

"A wizard is never late, nor is he early; he arrives precisely when he means to."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#30 Ergopad

Ergopad
  • Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 09:24 PM

I think Theoden is alright as he is. King's Favor is more worth it than Glorious Charge. I like the stat change, but the abilities could have remained the same.

By the way, is it possible to remove Gimli's leadership?

Totally agree with Gimli's leadership. Gimli wasn't a leader of anykind in the books or in the movies. Instead he should have a some last level power!

With Theoden, if he is going to cost 3000 then he should definately have a new power. Maybe rising previous abilities up and add another low level power...
Posted Image
The Path of The Avatar

Heroes never die

#31 Xingdao Fan

Xingdao Fan

• Project Team
  • 588 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 09:42 PM

Gimli doesn't have leadership by default, no idea why he has it in the mod.

xingdaofan-1.jpg

#32 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  •  crazy coder

Posted 12 July 2007 - 10:28 PM

Gimli's leadership was in the BFME2 1.06 balance, which was used as a framework for the mod. (Which is why a lot of the 1.06 changes are included.)

The reason for his leadership was to balance the factions out in terms of the new the 3 leadership types. Dwaves did not have 50%+ Armor leadership, and since it is one of the most valuable (50% Armor Leadership ~ +100% Damage Leadership & 75% Armor ~ +300% Damage Leadership). One of the dwarf heroes I believe needs to have this, maybe I can switch up Thorin, Dain, Borin, & Gimli to mix the leadership and work out new powers. I'll post something about this in the dwarven thread. A lot of the CaH based powers I'd like to modify to make a little more unique.

So far my plan was for Theoden to have the same type of power as Imrahil - Summon Royal Guard. When he is on foot, he summons a battalion of royal guard on foot, when mounted he summons a battalion mounted. If anyone has different ideas let it be known!

#33 Ergopad

Ergopad
  • Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 07:51 AM

Summon Royal Guards isn't bad, it's just not any unique as so many hero has that kind of ability...
Posted Image
The Path of The Avatar

Heroes never die

#34 Xingdao Fan

Xingdao Fan

• Project Team
  • 588 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 08:11 AM

I was referring to lore terms; like Ergopad said, Gimli isn't a leader of any kind.

xingdaofan-1.jpg

#35 Ergopad

Ergopad
  • Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 10:32 AM

I was referring to lore terms; like Ergopad said, Gimli isn't a leader of any kind.

My vote is too for remove the Gimli's leadership and instead give it to some other (new) dwarf hero, BUT Gimli definately need last level ability like this (it would be UNIQUE too):

lvl 10 "Iron Will" makes Gimli invulnerable to ALL damage for 15s. Long recharge time.
Posted Image
The Path of The Avatar

Heroes never die

#36 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  •  crazy coder

Posted 13 July 2007 - 04:55 PM

Yeah, I'm going to transfer the leadership probably from Gimil to Borin (New hero, Blue Mountain Chief is the background.)

As for the Royal Guard, the same type of power is used in multiple heroes. For now, this will be his level 10 power, but I'm completely open to changes for it.

As for invulnerabilty, I might do something like that. I think I Celeborn and Erkenbrand have a similar power, so I might try something else, but what?

#37 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Donated

Posted 13 July 2007 - 06:08 PM

Stout Lineage? Speed boost maybe, both normal and attack speed? could be passive +20% or something.

yodasig2.png
My political compass

#38 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts
  • Projects:Beta Testing RJ-RotWK

Posted 14 July 2007 - 12:04 AM

gimli cant hav another boost power bc he already has slayer (which already doubles his attack speed)
mayb both gimli and legolas culd hav som sort of competition power that culd b passive and boost lik damage or sumthin.
i lik stout lineage 2, perhaps a passive health and armor boost.

"A wizard is never late, nor is he early; he arrives precisely when he means to."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#39 Ergopad

Ergopad
  • Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 12:36 AM

Agree with Dalf32. No more boost abilities, neither passive or active. It's gotta be unique and I think it should be something referring his health.

How about like Warcraft 3's tauren chief's reincarnation as Gimli's new ability with looong recharge? "Stubbornness of the Dwarves" or "Unyielding Stubborness".

Or if you must have boost ability, then a ability that's effect grow as gimli's health goes down, but I don't see it fitting for last level ability. So that all other abilities should then go up and add this as lower level ability.

As for Theoden, definately needs some POWERFUL unique ability, since he is going to cost sooo much. Here's some suggestions, not perfect ones though...

"Power of the Ancestors" ground shakes and stuns huge amount of enemy forces in terror.

"Horse Lord/Master" mini stampede
Posted Image
The Path of The Avatar

Heroes never die

#40 lotrfan

lotrfan

title available

• Project Team
  • 318 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 07:52 AM

Hi,

I found so many problems with Rohan. I will try to list the ones that i weren't listed so far in this forum.

1. Theoden's move which is supposed to give rank to units give's little or no rank. I had a horde of horses at rank 2, used theoden's move on then, and they either gained a very small amount of xp, or none. That is how low it was.

2. This was sorta thrown out there, but not fully. Regarding the mist

a) No visual effect around base to show when mist is brought
b) Whenever towers, a postern gate, or banners are brought on the walls, they have a mist effect, regardless of whether u purchased the mist upgrade or not. I am not sure if this is an effect meant for the wall upgrades, or a glitch where mist is made around the towers. In any case, the towers shouldn't have their own mist because it will be hard to distinguish from the mist upgrade once fixed, and it also kinda defeats the purpose of the mist upgrade.

3. I was versing a rohan, and i was rohan. It was the 2 player dunharrow map. When the enemy's fortress was destroyed, the rest of the base disappeared, except for his buildings. But the walls and everything were gone!!! Not only that, but i was able to but the base, and when i did, i had his buildings in my base!!! Not only that, BUT A WALL WAS MISSING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the bottom base in the dunharrow 2 player map. I believe the front gate is facing northeast. So in the northeastern base for Rohan, in the bases file, i think something is wrong, because the wall was gone when i brought the base. Couldn't repair it or anything. I was able to get the wall upgrades, but the base was still open to enemy's. Then my bro (he was testing at this point, i was watching) killed his buildings inside our new base and we won :}

Please fix these glitches. The new pic for Radagast is ok. His old pic was nice though, but i guess this new pic is good too. I am still trying to decide which one i like better.

Also, why so many skin changes? Some of the old skins were good. For Rohan the new skins are fine, but for the other factions, i miss the old skins. Then again, i saw the pics for patch .02 and they look really good. I hope u release the next beta soon.

In terms of the posts above, there is a mod at deezire.net which has an excellent BFME1 mod. He added an ability for gimili where if he dies, he comes back to life half health. I forgot the recharge time. But if ur interested, u can look at his mod and ask him how he did it if u need to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users