#81 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  crazy coder

Posted 19 February 2008 - 10:00 PM

This is something that will be addressed. The balance of the mod is not nearly done and strength of each faction/unit/hero etc. will be adjusted. Once I have the Elven factions sorted out completely and the powers for each hero I will be posting a sign-up for a balance testing group. I want to hammer through everything and there is a lot of work to be done.

Robert J.

#82 dojob

dojob

AoW+DoW ftw

• Project Team
  • 1,304 posts
  • Projects:Beta testing for WoA, RJ, and KotW
  •  Cav Rusher + Beta Tester

Posted 19 February 2008 - 11:33 PM

Hmm, so a special balance group instead of ur normal testers?
Some helpful info on RotWK replays
Game Replays Forums; I am Panda Bear™
Awesome sig by TravTech :D PANDA POWER!!!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And please add Bear-mans

#83 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 20 February 2008 - 12:26 AM

Probably a wider group including us for balance with a different private/public forum.

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#84 Myrdin

Myrdin

title available

• Members
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 06:46 PM

Question - - - why you replaced cool armored KODAs model ( giving it to Arnor royal something ) wtih such lame one ( compared to the cool, armored, lances wearing knights of dol amroth ). they were ma fawourite mini hero hord, coz they were strong and looked damn cool, now they r kinda . . . rusty, lame looking ( dont want to intimide the modeler )
"Let this scar signify the first blow against the mortal world."
"From this seal shall arise the doom of men,"
"who, in their arrogance, sought to wield our fire as their own."
"Blindly they build their kingdoms upon stolen knowledge and conceit."
"Now they shall be consumed by the very flame they sought to control."
"Let the echoes of doom resound across this wretched world, that all who live may hear them and despair."

"Tremble, mortals, and despair! Doom has come to this world!"

#85 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts
  • Projects:Beta Testing RJ-RotWK

Posted 01 March 2008 - 09:31 PM

they were replaced because we didnt feel that they looked right. i personally think they look much better in arnor and i love the switch, but thats me.

"A wizard is never late, nor is he early; he arrives precisely when he means to."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#86 Shikari

Shikari

Allons-y!

• Project Team
  • 1,327 posts
  • Projects:RJ - RotWK
  •  2D Art

Posted 01 March 2008 - 09:33 PM

I'd have to agree with dalf there, but we are all entitled to our opinions. They haven't been removed from game, simply moved somewhere more fitting.

Edited by Shikari, 01 March 2008 - 11:11 PM.

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#87 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Donated

Posted 01 March 2008 - 10:56 PM

Blech, I hated the old KoDA :thumbsdownsmiley: They were so blurry and ugly looking. The new model is by nertea btw, and it matches imrahil.

yodasig2.png
My political compass

#88 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 01 March 2008 - 11:47 PM

You mean... The old ones were the RotWK EA made ones?
In that case....
They were moved because the new ones are 1000% times better, beautifuller (not a word, but still)...
That's why :p If it were just because they wanted to match Imrahil, then bleh... Not a good reason :thumbsdownsmiley:

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#89 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 02 March 2008 - 12:18 AM

EA's KODA looked more like robots than from ME.
Posted Image

#90 dojob

dojob

AoW+DoW ftw

• Project Team
  • 1,304 posts
  • Projects:Beta testing for WoA, RJ, and KotW
  •  Cav Rusher + Beta Tester

Posted 02 March 2008 - 03:30 AM

i personally think they look much better in arnor and i love the switch, but thats me.

And me.
Some helpful info on RotWK replays
Game Replays Forums; I am Panda Bear™
Awesome sig by TravTech :D PANDA POWER!!!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And please add Bear-mans

#91 CIL

CIL

Ex-troll

• Members
  • 1,330 posts
  • Projects:Lurking
  •  I'm a physician now. Scary, right?

Posted 02 March 2008 - 05:55 AM

What I would love is to have Aragorn's upgraded armour changed from the Black Gate set to his coronation armour. It just seems more fitting because do you think that he would don the armour that he donned at the Black Gate while whiping up the remaining goblins that plagued places like Gundabad and Arnor? Or do you think that he would wear the armour that somewhere around 80 generations of his family wore in battle? Plus, the armour he wore at the gate had no crown, therefor not worthy of the King of Gondor... or any king for that matter, be it historical or, in this case, fictional.

Edited by Crazy Intellectual Liberal, 02 March 2008 - 07:13 AM.

I'm creeping, not gone.

#92 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 02 March 2008 - 12:36 PM

Would you wear a crown when figthing in a battle?
I wouldn't... It doesn't have anything with worthyness to do...
Aragorn has gone without heavy armor all his life... Must he then use it when he get's it?
If I were a 'master' of light armor, I wouldn't switch, because it's more protecting :popcorn: Or because it was worthy of a king...
Besides, he's got Anduril.. should take up for the loss of extra armor.. :popcorn:
I think he would've used the Black Gate armor when attacking the rest of the enemies of the Free Peoples of Middle-Earth, as it's royal enough, and he's such an offensive fighter...

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#93 Myrdin

Myrdin

title available

• Members
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 01:40 PM

Would you wear a crown when figthing in a battle?
I wouldn't... It doesn't have anything with worthyness to do...
Aragorn has gone without heavy armor all his life... Must he then use it when he get's it?
If I were a 'master' of light armor, I wouldn't switch, because it's more protecting :popcorn: Or because it was worthy of a king...
Besides, he's got Anduril.. should take up for the loss of extra armor.. :shiftee:
I think he would've used the Black Gate armor when attacking the rest of the enemies of the Free Peoples of Middle-Earth, as it's royal enough, and he's such an offensive fighter...

btw he was a ranger, soo he lacks the need to wear heavy armor ( ranger needs to be quick and stealthy, it would be kinda hard with huge shinny noise making armor :popcorn:
"Let this scar signify the first blow against the mortal world."
"From this seal shall arise the doom of men,"
"who, in their arrogance, sought to wield our fire as their own."
"Blindly they build their kingdoms upon stolen knowledge and conceit."
"Now they shall be consumed by the very flame they sought to control."
"Let the echoes of doom resound across this wretched world, that all who live may hear them and despair."

"Tremble, mortals, and despair! Doom has come to this world!"

#94 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Donated

Posted 02 March 2008 - 05:51 PM

No armor is good for stealth....if you know you're gonna be fighting and you know the enemy knows it, you wear armor. Faramir was a ranger and he wore armor when he rode with the knights.

yodasig2.png
My political compass

#95 CIL

CIL

Ex-troll

• Members
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 08:02 PM

Well, then does he have some skill that makes him stealthed near trees? If not, you may need to reconsider this... I'll test this now. If not, you may want to make him have it (seeing as he is a ranger, good point there) or change the armour. Less economical, I know, but if he weren't stealthed while wearing light armour, what would be it's point? you all need to. But also, Yoda, you brought up a point I can use. Post war, he led his armies with no way of stealthing them seeing as the average Gondor soldier wore heavy, clanky, shiny armour. Also, Yoda, at the Black Gate, he knew he was going to be fighting and the enemy knew it too. That's why he wore armour. But did you ever consider he may have worn something under the tunic he had on other than chainmail? I did, but you never know... My only possible evidence is when a 2k lbs.(appx) troll stepped on him, do you think that flimsy chain mail and cloth could withstand the weight? I didn't but you know, I could just be wrong. Also, I was just expressing an opinion and did in no way warrent this kind of criticism of my opinion... one or two of you would have been much more convenient for all of you. Also, by crown, I meant like the type of crown you have on a helmet. Plus, why would Arvedui for Arnor have only a crown if people on the project didn't think it smart?

Edited by Crazy Intellectual Liberal, 02 March 2008 - 08:16 PM.

I'm creeping, not gone.

#96 Shikari

Shikari

Allons-y!

• Project Team
  • 1,327 posts
  • Projects:RJ - RotWK
  •  2D Art

Posted 02 March 2008 - 08:26 PM

Well that is all well and good, but why are you just arguing (unnecessarily) against the people posting constructive comments on here, rather than making actual suggestions?

Now, just so you know, we will probably do some more skins to flesh out Aragorn's wardrobe.

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#97 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Donated

Posted 02 March 2008 - 11:52 PM

Woah, calm down dude, we're just posting our opinions on your idea....First of all, it seems like you just switched your position on us? It seemed like the first time you're saying he shouldn't have any armor, but it that post you said he has a lot extra under his black gate set? And second, Arvedui is the ea model for elendil, nothing has been done to him.

yodasig2.png
My political compass

#98 Scryer

Scryer

title available

• Project Team
  • 565 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 01:49 AM

Fr me, Aragorn's armour is not a problem. If giving Aragorn heavier armour at lvl 7 (or something) or by a lvl 15 power, is going to cause more problems then I think that you guys shouldn't bother with it. Not only that but heavier armour is not going increase Aragorn's stats, it's just eye candy for me. And sure, it's a little unrealistic but the rest of the mod requires open-minds. Honestly, I could be fine with Aragorn's model staying the way it is.

I realize that the first part of my post could be taken really offensively, but I don't mean it like that!! I just find that we could be discussing more pressing Gondor issues than Aragorn's character model - like we could be talking about Gondor's hero horde or whatever. If the change in Aragorn's armour increased his stats (or whatever) then that would be a different story. And I'd gladly discuss it.

Edited by Scryer, 03 March 2008 - 01:50 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#99 CIL

CIL

Ex-troll

• Members
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 03:13 AM

I know, I guess I'm just over-anxious for the next mod... I love the whole thing but there are just some things that I personally wanted fixed... even if they aren't, this mod still kills any that have fixed them because this mod brings in Rohan, tons of new units, etc. I'm not meening any offense. I can sound offensive online even if I don't meen to be. Sorry. But thanks to all who are working on the mod. Also, is there a 1.06 beta out? I'd like to beta test it so long as it is actuallly stable. I am capable of taking notes and posting any flaws/imbalances (in the event that there already is a beta). I will keep out any personal biases like this unless the skins are terrible (like the Arveleg/Arvedui/Isildur/Elendil stuff). Also, Yoda, if the Arvedui skins on the official site are going to be applied (they look good, so they should) then yes, Arvedui doesn't have the clone skin but as of now... I don't know. I have a hard time telling concepts from actual stuff with some mods... this is one of them. I do have to agree with some people that there are more pressing issues (such as hero hordes and balance issues) but once the kinks are out, I do think that we need to work on more skins.

Edited by Crazy Intellectual Liberal, 03 March 2008 - 03:19 AM.

I'm creeping, not gone.

#100 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts
  • Projects:Beta Testing RJ-RotWK

Posted 03 March 2008 - 09:08 PM

wow, its like daddy hit mommy at the dinner table and we're all still trying to eat lol *rip off dane cook*

rob is pretty good about getting skins and whatnot into the game so if it has been posted and people seem to like it, it will probably go into the game soon. worry not my friend...

"A wizard is never late, nor is he early; he arrives precisely when he means to."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users