#1 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  crazy coder

Posted 30 June 2007 - 02:29 AM

Add any suggestions and/or bugs for Arnor in here. I want to seperate the factions for discussion.

ToDo:
- Big item - Redo and make Arnor more unique in terms of structures, walls, upgrades, etc.
- Redo the elves with unique models.

Bugs:
- Ensure that the Arnor bases uses the Arnor fortress instead of the Men

Edited by robnkarla, 07 July 2007 - 09:07 PM.

#2 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 03 July 2007 - 05:19 PM

can men and elves make combo hordes? may not be realistic, but would be cool :grin:

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#3 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  crazy coder

Posted 03 July 2007 - 06:10 PM

can men and elves make combo hordes? may not be realistic, but would be cool :grin:

That is one of the things that I really like about Arnor. I'm going to allow them to combine.

So far the units that I have planned (not yet done):
1) Soldiers, Archers, and elven pikemen
2) Towerguards, rangers
3) Knights, rivendell-archers
4) Imladriswarriors

I'm going to be going through these units and changing it up though. I'd like to have at least 1 more elven unit, and take out the gondor clones.

We'll see how they turn out. Arnor has always been the last one I work on, tbh.

#4 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts
  • Projects:Beta Testing RJ-RotWK

Posted 03 July 2007 - 06:31 PM

Arveleg and Arvedui hav the same skin, and i dont think Arnor Elven Wood shuld b castable inside bases in bfme1/2 revisited maps. i also noticed that u cant capture castles once they are destroyed, so u cant rebuild on them and expand, not entirely sure wether or not this was intentional.

"A wizard is never late, nor is he early; he arrives precisely when he means to."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 Nothingness

Nothingness
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 08:11 PM

Just a few things i noticed. The upgrade for the istari isn't in the fortress upgrades. When you buy builders they have the gondor buildings rather then arnors. Defense plots dont always show up but you can still bring up the selection by clicking where they should be.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 Zyzzyva

Zyzzyva
  • Project Team
  • 158 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 10:37 PM

While I dont really know, since I was playing against arnor rather than as arnor, it seems to me that the regular Arnor Soldiers are quite OP. One troop could take down a goblin resource building in a remarkably short time, short enough that with Gorkil, Azog, and numerous goblin hordes I still couldn't stop them from tearing down my buildings that were not protected by my fortress faster than I could build them :lol: . Anyways, thats what it seems to me. Of course, I havent played Arnor so I dont really know.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Despair is only for those who see the end beyond all doubt. We do not. It is wisdom to recognize necessity, when all other courses have been weighed, though as folly it may appear to those who cling to false hope. Well, let folly be our cloak, a veil before the eyes of the Enemy! For he is very wise, and weighs all things to a nicety in the scales of his malice. But the only measure that he knows is desire, desire for power; and so he judges all hearts. Into his heart the thought will not enter that any will refuse it, that having the Ring we may seek to destroy it. If we seek this, we shall put him out of reckoning.
-Gandalf

#7 Ergopad

Ergopad
  • Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 05:16 AM

That is one of the things that I really like about Arnor. I'm going to allow them to combine.

So far the units that I have planned (not yet done):
1) Soldiers, Archers, and elven pikemen
2) Towerguards, rangers
3) Knights, rivendell-archers
4) Imladriswarriors

I'm going to be going through these units and changing it up though. I'd like to have at least 1 more elven unit, and take out the gondor clones.

We'll see how they turn out. Arnor has always been the last one I work on, tbh.

I was just thinking that, if Gondor units have new textures (as I've understood), Arnor units (from motw) would use yellow/orange (forged armor upgrade) textures?

What I don't like about, are the towerguards, since they so distinctly look like Gondorians. Maybe remove them completly and add some elven unit, rivendell lancers or Lindon Horse Archers as elite cavalry perhaps?

Are there going to be any elven heroes too with different powers (like WK)?

Have you already decided what will be Arnor's symbol, how about star?

Edited by Ergopad, 10 July 2007 - 03:04 AM.

Posted Image
The Path of The Avatar

Heroes never die
...As long as they are remembered.

#8 el kevo

el kevo

title available

• Members
  • 634 posts
  • Projects:Staff at Flameguard's "Game Sector Network"

Posted 11 July 2007 - 07:21 PM

Well Arnor was fun to play with:

The archer/sword elves you get at the elven barracks sometimes jump off the walls and end up on the ground

When you build a trebuchet expansion no trebuchet appears and when you click on it to build one it won't let you build one because it thinks theres one there
Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts
  • Projects:Beta Testing RJ-RotWK

Posted 12 July 2007 - 01:42 AM

arnor banner upgrade frum the fortress dosnt lower the price of the bilders, and arnor needs its own original upgrades at the fortress. the fire arrows r still greyed out until u get numenor stonework, not sure if thats intentional; and the istari power thing at the fortress has no visible change wen u buy it.

arnor towers/trebuchets at the fortress dont upgrade with numenor stonework, they remain the old texture.
arnor and angmar inns r not the new variety (with the different subfaction upgrades).

thats all 4 now. note: this is still 1.05.00, i havnt gotten 1.05.01 yet, downloading that 2nite. :p

edit: carthaen dosnt attack wen u switch him 2 wielding his sword.

Edited by Dalf32, 17 July 2007 - 05:24 PM.

"A wizard is never late, nor is he early; he arrives precisely when he means to."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#10 el kevo

el kevo

title available

• Members
  • 634 posts
  • Projects:Staff at Flameguard's "Game Sector Network"

Posted 20 July 2007 - 05:37 PM

Cartheran and Glorfindel both have the WK heal bug (they won't heal fast but very slowly)
Posted Image

#11 dojob

dojob

AoW+DoW ftw

• Project Team
  • 1,304 posts
  • Projects:Beta testing for WoA, RJ, and KotW
  •  Cav Rusher + Beta Tester

Posted 25 July 2007 - 06:43 PM

Arnor farms still have radii.

Posted Image

I'm not sure if other factions' resource buildings have them or whether this has already been noticed, but I think that the radii should be completely removed now that expansion is very limited.
Some helpful info on RotWK replays
Game Replays Forums; I am Panda Bear™
Awesome sig by TravTech :D PANDA POWER!!!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And please add Bear-mans

#12 mr_g

mr_g
  • Project Team
  • 186 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 02:41 PM

on 1.05.02
in the Istari power there is 2 Saruman, I don't remember if there is 2 on previous version
Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 Lord_Denethor

Lord_Denethor
  • Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 10:34 PM

What you mean is when you use The Istari Power. There is Two Sarumans, Two Gandalfs, and then just Radagast. The Models havent been switched for Alatar and Pollando. So that could require fixing. Oh and i dont know if it was my computers graphics or the mod but when Arveleg uses his Smash Palantir Power the Graphics get screwed up, The Palantir is just a blue art box. Also another bug is that Elves cant recieve the banner upgrades.
"Hail Denethor, Son of Ecthelion, Lord and Steward of Gondor!"-Gandalf the White

"The Rule of Gondor is mine, and no others!!" -Denethor II, Lord and Steward of Gondor

#14 mr_g

mr_g
  • Project Team
  • 186 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 08:12 AM

Oops, bad explications! lol
I just want to say there are two who are named Saruman
Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 Lord_Denethor

Lord_Denethor
  • Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 05:36 PM

Dunedain Soliders require fx for upgraded swords, and upgraded armor, and if possible could you use the Dunedain Solider skin for the Dunedain Knights? Because right now they are just Gondor Knights, and lol i like uniqueness, and difference between faction. Its not your fault, EA was the one who didnt change the stinken skins.

Edited by Lord_Denethor, 27 July 2007 - 05:37 PM.

"Hail Denethor, Son of Ecthelion, Lord and Steward of Gondor!"-Gandalf the White

"The Rule of Gondor is mine, and no others!!" -Denethor II, Lord and Steward of Gondor

#16 Vithar-133

Vithar-133

Violent Gandhi

• Project Team
  • 1,975 posts
  • Projects:Existing
  •  It's not your skill, boys. It's your will. Ooh-rah!

Posted 28 July 2007 - 07:03 AM

Just a couple of suggestions, seeing as arnor was around at the Last Alliance, maybe you could add Gil-Galad? just thought that would be intresting, also if you could place the dunedain rangers to Arnor's archery range, to replace Ithilien Rangers, that would make more sense as arnor would not have had ithilien rangers.

Edited by Sword_of_the_North, 28 July 2007 - 06:37 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#17 mr_g

mr_g
  • Project Team
  • 186 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 12:05 PM

Dunedain Rangers are named Ithilien Rangers in the Archery Range
Posted Image
Posted Image

#18 Vithar-133

Vithar-133

Violent Gandhi

• Project Team
  • 1,975 posts
  • Projects:Existing
  •  It's not your skill, boys. It's your will. Ooh-rah!

Posted 28 July 2007 - 06:35 PM

@mr g: Not quite, they aren't the same, at least not quite. No Weapon Switch.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#19 mr_g

mr_g
  • Project Team
  • 186 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 10:34 PM

I know they are not the same, it's just on the archery they must be called dunedain rangers and not ithilien rangers
that's hard to be really good understand for a french, lol
Posted Image
Posted Image

#20 Jepa

Jepa
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 11:04 PM

What I don´t like is that there are too many elven units in arnor and also gondor units. Arnor doesn`t have some uniq units or? Change the elven units to somthing other something remade or new unit, play with arnor is like play with elfs,kind of. :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users