1712 replies to this topic

#41 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts
  • Projects:Beta Testing RJ-RotWK

Posted 03 August 2007 - 04:13 AM

im pretty sure i no wat ur thinkin bout, but it escapes me at the moment. all i can remember is that his warriors wer called galadhrim.

"A wizard is never late, nor is he early; he arrives precisely when he means to."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#42 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  crazy coder

Posted 03 August 2007 - 04:27 AM

Oh my. I step away from the forums for just a couple days and so many things to say.

Gil-Galad. Yes, it would be great to add him, but I'm not sure if he really fits. (Some rules are bent as far as people being alive vs. dead, but he has been dead a little longer than others to fit.) So unless I can figure out a way to include him that makes sense, I probably won't include in the main game. But I've always thought it would be fun to include hidde stuff to find, so maybe he might be an easter egg somewhere in game.

For their architecture, yes I've been thinking for quite some time to pull as much as I can from the Amon Sul Architecture and other buildings. I'd like the to be more unique, and this is the way I'd like to head. I also won't stop adjusting Arnor until they have unique units/structures. The only thing that will not be unique is Elrond Glorfindel. I think they can fit in both the elves and Arnor.

As for the Elves, I'll be developing them into a mini-faction expansion closer to the lines of Harad/Rhun in Evil Men. They will be getting unique skins/models and hopefully new structures.

#43 Lord_Denethor

Lord_Denethor
  • Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 06:28 AM

Oh my. I step away from the forums for just a couple days and so many things to say.

Gil-Galad. Yes, it would be great to add him, but I'm not sure if he really fits. (Some rules are bent as far as people being alive vs. dead, but he has been dead a little longer than others to fit.) So unless I can figure out a way to include him that makes sense, I probably won't include in the main game. But I've always thought it would be fun to include hidde stuff to find, so maybe he might be an easter egg somewhere in game.

For their architecture, yes I've been thinking for quite some time to pull as much as I can from the Amon Sul Architecture and other buildings. I'd like the to be more unique, and this is the way I'd like to head. I also won't stop adjusting Arnor until they have unique units/structures. The only thing that will not be unique is Elrond Glorfindel. I think they can fit in both the elves and Arnor.

As for the Elves, I'll be developing them into a mini-faction expansion closer to the lines of Harad/Rhun in Evil Men. They will be getting unique skins/models and hopefully new structures.

Sounds pretty sweet! Over all i think Arnor has a good set of heroes. Arnor did also support alot of hobbits didnt it, like on the Fornost map in the campaign the Hobbits come and attack? Perhaps some hobbit infantry would be a nice additon. And also for the idea of different architecture maybe you could size down the Amon Sul fortress and use it as the Arnor Fortress. You could have it retextured with the Numenor Stonework, and you could add banners, and flame pillars signaling that you have bought the flame munitions.

Gandalf could also be a hero for Arnor since Elrond and Glorfindel are both for Arnor and the Elves. But then again you have the Summon Istari Power...Hmm....

Edited by Lord_Denethor, 03 August 2007 - 06:33 AM.

"Hail Denethor, Son of Ecthelion, Lord and Steward of Gondor!"-Gandalf the White

"The Rule of Gondor is mine, and no others!!" -Denethor II, Lord and Steward of Gondor

#44 Spointz2020

Spointz2020
  • Members
  • 153 posts
  • Projects:RJ-Rotwk Beta Tester

Posted 03 August 2007 - 11:04 AM

im pretty sure i no wat ur thinkin bout, but it escapes me at the moment. all i can remember is that his warriors wer called galadhrim.

Whoa!!! no way, so the "Galadhrim" were actually his warriors?? :) cuz i thought those guyz were the soldiers that Haldir led to the Helms Deep.... o well these lore stuff can get soo confuzing :lol:

Also Rob, if you are adding Gil-Galad, which faction would you add him to? I mean i'd be fine with him being in arnor, but i 've always felt him to be one of the keystone symbolizing leaders of the elves as a race..

As4 his being an "easter egg" perhaps put him in the campaign in a random place like in the battle of the pelennor fields, and if you somehow kill this random Mumak before you kill nethign else, you are permanently rewarded with Gil-Galad, who starts plowing through the entirety of mordor and slays sauron - "THE END" <- of course im just kidding, but seriously what exactly do you mean by "easter egg" and "hidden stuff" :sad2: :lol:

Edited by Spointz2020, 03 August 2007 - 11:12 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#45 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 06:56 PM

as far as i no, the elves led to helms deep by haldir wer simply called lorien warriors or sumthin quite similar. but its always possible that sum1 called them galadhrim bc gil-galad is dead at this point. im not sure, but culd haldir and gil-galad hav com frum the same area? i dont relaly no wer gil-galad is frum so...

"A wizard is never late, nor is he early; he arrives precisely when he means to."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#46 Vithar-133

Vithar-133

Violent Gandhi

• Project Team
  • 1,975 posts
  • Projects:Existing
  •  It's not your skill, boys. It's your will. Ooh-rah!

Posted 03 August 2007 - 07:33 PM

no, they are to diferent lines of elves...Haldir, is, I believe Silvan or Sindarin, whilist Gil-Galad I know is Noldorin.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#47 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 04:14 AM

ty 4 clearin that up

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#48 Vithar-133

Vithar-133

Violent Gandhi

• Project Team
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 04:53 AM

anytime, dalf32. I like to asisst as much as possible.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#49 Spointz2020

Spointz2020
  • Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 07:17 AM

hehe i love how my Arnor AI just sits ther for 40 minutes doing nothing after buildin one farm outside, then sending one and building a barracks -> sending one soldier battallion to get itself killed by wild wargs, then getting one builder stuck in the lil' tower that lets you get on top of walls ;) i had to dish out both comps by myself :) on mouth of entwash
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#50 clonecommand

clonecommand

title available

• Members
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 08:18 PM

I remember seeing something that units don't attack buildings anymore? Is that true? Because the AI likes to take down my buildings :popcorn:

The Palitheon or whatever it is xD resource upgrade does nothing.
The Pal... also does not have a tooltip at all.

The spellbook menu has white boxes instead of words and pics.

Sometimes, when entering a posterngate, units go on the wall.

Why does flamming munitions require stonework?

Arnor seems to be more like the Last Alliance...with Elves and whatnot.

My units, from just walking past elevators get stuck in them. Two archers battilions got stuck.

#51 Ulakanakulot

Ulakanakulot
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 09:36 PM

Hello, it seems this topic is the right one for my message:

I've had a problem playing WOTR with the Arnor faction only.

At the start of a game turn on the strategic map, the game crashes when I left click over one of the hero armies of Arnor (the faction I'm playing). The strategic map freezes, while the pointer can move still; after some seconds the game crashes, the desktop appears; after some time a game.dat error warning appears on the desktop.

This issue hasn't happened when I've played other factions, like Mordor, Angmar, Men and the Dwarves, using the mod.

I have played three WOTR games with Arnor by now and this problem happened everytime; two times quite early in the game, another time after some hours of gaming.

Has anyone else had the same problem?

Edited by Ulakanakulot, 06 August 2007 - 09:38 PM.

#52 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 06 August 2007 - 11:08 PM

wotr is gonna be broken until .03 :popcorn:

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#53 Spointz2020

Spointz2020
  • Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 01:42 PM

wotr is gonna be broken until .03 ;)

that's a pity.. :p
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#54 Spointz2020

Spointz2020
  • Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 12:21 PM

Hm... it seems the Arnor Swordsmen are technically named "Dunedain Warriors/swordsmen" in the game ;) not sure if that is entirely valid or not.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#55 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 04:08 PM

yes that is the correct name.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#56 {IP}jimmyman

{IP}jimmyman

The only was one can understand me is by being me.

• Project Team
  • 644 posts
  • Projects:Mapping for RJ_RotWK
  •  freelance mapper/3d modeler in training

Posted 15 August 2007 - 05:20 PM

and theyre bloody good too
and they come out easy
i mean i have no problem with extremely good swordsmen that come out fast and can easily overwhelm and entire base without being FU but others have used this to an....advantage over me
Sig by Serated
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image CLICK THE DRAGONS Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#57 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 06:05 PM

i luv usin arnor! they are so...lets say easy to use. lol
sum dunedain soldiers, sum elven warriors, and sum trebs and u can win easy.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#58 {IP}jimmyman

{IP}jimmyman

• Project Team
  • 644 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 06:27 PM

yes i know theyre my favorite faction :)
i just get all the heroes though, my way of play usually means i get them easily
by the beginning 15-20 minutes of play i have usually 20-25 batts of arnor soldiers ;) and about 10 elven archers, never have to get trebs though. but my plan involves slowly advanciing with the army and quicly replacing any lost batts and eventually i get all the heroes by then and i just go straight fer the enemy fortress quickly ending it
Sig by Serated
Posted Image CLICK THE DRAGONS Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#59 Vithar-133

Vithar-133

Violent Gandhi

• Project Team
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 09:49 PM

Generally i battle in the same manners, though my end move tends to be a little bit like a blitz.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#60 {IP}jimmyman

{IP}jimmyman

• Project Team
  • 644 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 02:10 AM

hmm i should try that
but ive also learned playing a hard with my tactics end up slightly foolish
ive gone straight fer the base with the unupgraded troops and got horribly slaughtered after destroying everything dear to them except one orc pit
which spawned out a counterattack that cost me the game :rolleyes:
Sig by Serated

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users