#661 {IP} Aridor

{IP} Aridor

Redeemed Ranger

• Project Team
  • 1,576 posts
  • Projects:RJ-ROTWK Mapping Team
  •  Loremaster

Posted 20 April 2009 - 02:58 PM

Yes, the majority of the morgul host was of the Uruk-hai breed. Saruman still had a ton of of them and he had his massive freakish Half-Uruk-hai but Suaron had a large force of the as well.

#662 shadowcreature

shadowcreature

title available

• Members
  • 457 posts
  •  RJ-Bug Hunter

Posted 20 April 2009 - 06:24 PM

Interesting. Funny how EA didn't put that in for Mordor. :p As for Black Uruks themselves, would it be safe to say that they weren't as organized as Saruman's Uruks. I see them as more wild as they fight. That being said, appearancewise I think they might look more "naked" maybe?

#663 Wanderer∞

Wanderer∞

title available

• Members
  • 273 posts
  •  Movie Critic

Posted 21 April 2009 - 12:20 AM

Because PJ never put them in mordor in the movies. Its for simple cinema purposes. Having them in Mordor may have confused some of the audience on the difference between mordor and isengard's forces. Similarly why he changed up the WK helmet because in the beginning it looked too much like Sauron
Posted Image
How 'bout a magic trick?

"Never give up. Never surrender."
-Captain Jason Nesmith

#664 shadowcreature

shadowcreature

title available

• Members
  • 457 posts
  •  RJ-Bug Hunter

Posted 21 April 2009 - 02:17 AM

Yea, I can see how those who aren't lore heavy would get confused. At least we got an idea how Shagrat might look. :p

#665 Jedi Master Chief

Jedi Master Chief
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 02:27 AM

I think a cool hero to include for mordor could be Grishnakh the Orc Leader that was chasing Merry and Pippin

#666 Gr1m

Gr1m
  • Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 03:25 AM

Are there any plans for altering the Mordor building set in the future? Imo it seems a bit cobbled together at the moment.

I think it'd be interesting if the Orc tent thing (can't remember what it's called at the moment) and the armoury either had designs similar to the mordor fortress (as well as the walls), or maybe even looking like dilapadated Gondorian buildings. I'm personally not a fan especially of the armory - while it's a great model, it just doesn't seem to fit in, and having a random volcanic vent in the middle of your camp seems a bit odd to me.

#667 Atomic

Atomic
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 04:55 AM

I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but how difficult would it be to make a patch for those of us who prefer our Mordor faction with the Nine? :p While I understand the reasoning behind putting two with the MotE, seven wraiths for the Mordor faction feels odd.

Also, have the felbeasts been implemented yet? After researching them at the fortress, I couldn't figure out how to get them for each of my Nazgul. :p

Also, the Balrog as a permanent hero? *shields face and vital areas from attack* Sorry, I'm a noob here.

Edited by Atomic, 21 April 2009 - 04:57 AM.

#668 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 05:57 AM

For the Balrog as a perm hero, it would be too OP

The Fellbeasts are in the mod, they just need to be researched from the fortress,then whenever one of your Nazgul dies, he can have that upgrade.

And the reaon why the Nine aren't all togeth is because they would b too OP. But I do agree that not having all nine but seven is a wee bit odd, but it has good reasons. Perhaps a summon power from the One Ring spell book could summon two of the Nazgul and allies from Harad and Rhun.
I will remember Rhovanion Alliance, RIP .

Posted Image

#669 Atomic

Atomic
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 06:02 AM

The Fellbeasts are in the mod, they just need to be researched from the fortress,then whenever one of your Nazgul dies, he can have that upgrade.

I see. I didn't realize they had to die in order to get the felbeast upgrade. No wonder I couldn't figure it out. Thanks!

#670 shadowcreature

shadowcreature

title available

• Members
  • 457 posts
  •  RJ-Bug Hunter

Posted 22 April 2009 - 07:05 AM

Using crumbling Gondor buildings sounds like a very good model for something in the future. The only thing I can think of is maybe reskin porter built barricades.

#671 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 06:04 AM

Perhaps the current Uruk Tent could be replaced with something that resembles a run-down Gondor barracks, cover it with banners of the red eye, or the emblem of Minas Morgul, give it an FX to make glow with Morgul sorcery, and call it a Morgul barracks.

Posted Image

#672 shadowcreature

shadowcreature

title available

• Members
  • 457 posts
  •  RJ-Bug Hunter

Posted 23 April 2009 - 07:28 AM

I like the sounds from it. However, if that will be implemented, the orc training tiers may need to be modified. The big reason being Morgul Orcs at the Orc Pit currently. :thumbsupsmiley:

#673 Atomic

Atomic
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 11:33 PM

Perhaps the current Uruk Tent could be replaced with something that resembles a run-down Gondor barracks, cover it with banners of the red eye, or the emblem of Minas Morgul, give it an FX to make glow with Morgul sorcery, and call it a Morgul barracks.

I like that idea.

#674 Excuse_me_princess

Excuse_me_princess
  • Members
  • 146 posts
  • Projects:Black knightism
  •  Fanboy, maker of suggestions

Posted 29 April 2009 - 03:50 PM

Very nice indeed yes.

And perhaps the Orc pit can be exchanged for the Uruk Tent.
I know Orcs are 'born' that way, but it seems a little out of place on a battlefield to me.
Posted Image

"Is that all there is? ... no challenge? ... no resistance?"

"Fear...fear is the mind killer!"

"Don't see it as an obstacle, see it as an chalange!"

#675 shadowcreature

shadowcreature

title available

• Members
  • 457 posts
  •  RJ-Bug Hunter

Posted 30 April 2009 - 08:04 AM

I somewhat agree with that, considering the scene of Frodo and Sam dressed as orcs in ROTK. However, I think the Black Uruk Tent is fine where it is. If anything should change about it imo, maybe just a rename to the Great Orc Tent considering it houses both Orcs and Black Uruks.

#676 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 08:23 PM

Does anyone think the Balrog should be replaced witha more Mordor themed high-tier power?

Posted Image

#677 shadowcreature

shadowcreature

title available

• Members
  • 457 posts
  •  RJ-Bug Hunter

Posted 01 May 2009 - 10:10 PM

Personally, I'm neutral on it. I'm fine with it staying, but I wouldn't mind something worthy as it's replacement if that were to happen.

#678 Wanderer∞

Wanderer∞

title available

• Members
  • 273 posts
  •  Movie Critic

Posted 01 May 2009 - 10:58 PM

IMO every faction should have their own unique 4th tier powers.

But in this case it think the balrog would need to be replaced with something just as good (and cool)
That goes for the dragon in the goblins and isengard too
Posted Image
How 'bout a magic trick?

"Never give up. Never surrender."
-Captain Jason Nesmith

#679 Guest_KP_*

Guest_KP_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 May 2009 - 02:34 AM

Yes, the majority of the morgul host was of the Uruk-hai breed. Saruman still had a ton of of them and he had his massive freakish Half-Uruk-hai but Suaron had a large force of the as well.

Yes,... PRECISELY ;) . Therefore, Mordor's Orcs should all come from the Orc Pit and the Uruk Tent should be able to build Mordor Uruk-hai, Mordor Uruk Archers, Mordor Uruk Shortspearmen, Mordor Uruk Bludgeoners, and the Black Uruk Hero-horde that's always been around. After all, Uruk-hai were first created by Sauron, and then Saruman learned how to make them and copied Sauron's invention and simply reskinned it for HIS armies.

#680 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts
  • Projects:Ex-Advisor
  •  Resident Shakespearean.

Posted 02 May 2009 - 04:49 AM

After all, Uruk-hai were first created by Sauron, and then Saruman learned how to make them and copied Sauron's invention and simply reskinned it for HIS armies.

Saruman is a modder? ;)

Mordor really has enough units as is... we don't need a whole new class type. It'll take away from faction uniqueness.
BulletsfromaGunbanner_zps974f3ea8.png

Careful. This link is DANGEROUS. Do NOT click it. This one, however, is fine.

I had the meaning of life in my signature, but it exceeded the character limit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users