Mordor

• Please log in to reply
769 replies to this topic

#741 Prototype-

Prototype-
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 06:36 AM

hey i was just wondering, everytime my nazgul dies (the dog-lord one), i cant revive him a the fortress, which is becoming really annoying
is there anyway to fix this?

#742 Ring o' Fate

Ring o' Fate

The Ghost.

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts
  • Projects:Trying to find meaning...
  •  The guy that is just a ghost.

Posted 31 July 2009 - 06:46 AM

....They should be reviveable, are you sure you bought a hero first? Because sometimes the pic of the hero gets covered by another, and you have to buy a hero to be able to buy said hero.
A changed man is only the same man with a different outlook of life.

#743 Prototype-

Prototype-
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 12:55 AM

....They should be reviveable, are you sure you bought a hero first? Because sometimes the pic of the hero gets covered by another, and you have to buy a hero to be able to buy said hero.

nah its happened 3 times (with the same hero) in different games, and i recruited all the mordor heroes to try and get the dog-lord back, but to no avail.
its really annoying and i was just wondering is there any other way to get this fixed?

#744 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 01 August 2009 - 06:20 PM

Comes of having too many heroes, but it might be fixable; idk.

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#745 Prototype-

Prototype-
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 02:13 AM

oh ok then

#746 Guest_João Vitor_*

Guest_João Vitor_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2009 - 07:18 PM

Hello there!

Firstly what a masterpiece we have here! One of the greatests mods ever! Congrats!
But I think I've lost that feeling of playing with Mordor... probably because of two things:

1 - There are many kinds of swordsmen (orcs, black orcs etc) which I can't really tell the big diference beetween the strongests ones... for me is to many units for the same purpose! I only use the normal orcs in the beginning and when it reaches the lvl 2 I rarely use the Morannon orcs... their cost is not worth comparing with the Morgul ones... because they can recive armor and weapons upgrades and with the same 350 resources we can create three hordes. The Black orcs are fine... although I think there to few in a squadron to cost 400... once more I create the Morgul orcs, mostly because I need more the uruk tend to buy archers and pikes than creating the green faces... I'm still thinking in a reformulation in the orc pit and uruk tend... so I don't have many advices and sugestions for now... I will let you know soon =P

2 - No more Mumakils! - Of course I'm not criticising their exit... but they were my favorite unit of the faction...I think if you put in the game that creature that looks like a rhyno or something like that (those ones that were pulling the Ground in the 3rd movie) with archers on the top of them, I think many would be greatfull.... including me! =P

well... that's it for now... thank you for your attention!
keep up with the good work!

João, from Brazil!

#747 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 08:06 PM

Firstly, thanks for the complements, but the reason for the many numbrs of orc soldier types is because they're there to fight you're battles depending on what game stage you're at, e.g. normal Orcs for Early Game, Morannon Orcs/Morgul orcs for Mod to Late game. Also the Mumakil are part of MotE now, and they're going to stay there. But it has been suggested repeatedly about adding the Great Beasts (the massive rhino creatures that pull grond to the battlefield). But until Rob returns, we cannot do anything.
I will remember Rhovanion Alliance, RIP .

Posted Image

#748 Guest_João Vitor_*

Guest_João Vitor_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2009 - 08:34 PM

Firstly, thanks for the complements, but the reason for the many numbrs of orc soldier types is because they're there to fight you're battles depending on what game stage you're at, e.g. normal Orcs for Early Game, Morannon Orcs/Morgul orcs for Mod to Late game. Also the Mumakil are part of MotE now, and they're going to stay there. But it has been suggested repeatedly about adding the Great Beasts (the massive rhino creatures that pull grond to the battlefield). But until Rob returns, we cannot do anything.

I agree that the mumakil should stay with MotE... my fault I wasn't clear enough with my words =P

one thing I would change is that the fact of the pike it's only avaible after the lvl 2 orc pit then build the uruk tend... it's the weak point of mordor... they don't have pikes in the early game... I suggest transforming the Morranon orcs into pikes... or kind of remove the generic pike from the uruk tend and put them in the orc pit

another thing that bothers me a little is the absence of real cavalary.... probably some sort of "mordor warg riders" would be a great addition to the game!

another thing... when Rob will return? Do you know why he's away?

#749 Scryer

Scryer

title available

• Project Team
  • 565 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 08:49 PM

Well nobody really knows what is going on with Rob. From the looks of it though, it's very serious. Which is also why we don't know when he'll be back.

No to the cavalry idea though. If we give Mordor cavalry, it will turn out with a cookie-cutter effect. We need factions to have their own purpose... Mordor not having any cavalry, reinforces their uniqueness.

I suggest transforming the Morranon orcs into pikes...

I enjoy this idea ;) . I HATE the current pikemen model for the Orc Pikemen anyways ;) . To me, they look like reskinned Uruk Pikemen but from what I understand they were made pretty fast without a lot of detail going to them. Anyways, I have been thinking that the Orc Pikemen do need a reskin. And your suggestion could hit "two birds with one stone". But I do think that they should still stay in their tier 2 slot.

I am against the Great Beasts idea just because they would function like trolls with less flexibility.

I am also going to suggest that we remove that troll hero of Mordor's... He's useless compared to the Witchking! he Witchkind does everything that the Troll-hero (I forget his name) is mean't to do but the WK has a lot more versatility. So there is really no point, in my opinion, for the troll-hero.

Edited by Scryer, 31 October 2009 - 04:59 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#750 Guest_João Vitor_*

Guest_João Vitor_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2009 - 09:20 PM

Well nobody really knows what is going on with Rob. From the looks of it though, it's very serious. Which is also why we don't know when he'll be back.

No to the cavalry idea though. If we give Mordor cavalry, it will turn out with a cookie-cutter effect. We need factions to have their own purpose... Mordor not having any cavalry, reinforces their uniqueness.

I suggest transforming the Morranon orcs into pikes...

I enjoy this idea ;) . I HATE the current pikemen model for the Orc Pikemen anyways ;) . To me, they look like reskinned Uruk Pikemen but from what I understand they were made pretty fast without a lot of detail going to them. Anyways, I have been thinking that the Orc Pikemen do need a reskin. And your suggestion could hit "two birds with one stone".

I am against the Great Beasts idea just because they would function like trolls with less flexibility.

I am also going to suggest that we remove that troll hero of Mordor's... He's useless compared to the Witchking! he Witchkind does everything that the Troll-hero (I forget his name) is mean't to do but the WK has a lot more versatility. So there is really no point, in my opinion, for the troll-hero.

Well... I was just thinking about the cavalary because the riders of harad were removed by obvious reasons
this is why for me Mordor sounds someway incomplete... we don't have real substitutes for the riders of harad and the Mumakil... if we think about purposes... in someway Corsairs are now the Morannon orcs and the Morgul orcs... Easterlings are now those generic pikes and the Archers of Harad are now the Orc Trackers... but nothing concerning the riders and the mumaks

But this is just me... I don't if the rest of you guys agree

#751 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts
  • Projects:Beta Testing RJ-RotWK

Posted 31 October 2009 - 04:39 PM

imo mordor doesnt need early-game pikes because they have orcs. part of the pupose of this mod is to 'return to bfme1'. in bfme1 mordor had no pike units, they only had swarms of orcs. this is reason that they have no pike units until later on.

"A wizard is never late, nor is he early; he arrives precisely when he means to."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#752 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 05:47 PM

That is understandable, but then again by that logic, part of returning to BFME Mordor's roots would be bringing in the role of the huge Tank-creature back i.e. BFME's Mumakil,, or in this case the Great Beast. They needn't be as big or powerful as the Mumakil to be a full replacement, but to complement the Trolls as well. as massive shock-charger followed by trolls to mop up the survivors.
I will remember Rhovanion Alliance, RIP .

Posted Image

#753 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Donated

Posted 01 November 2009 - 08:22 PM

Attack trolls essentially fill the spot of mumakil now, though admittedly they're not as powerful. Still, they're much stronger than they were in bfme1 and an attack troll with a couple mountain trolls and a few hundred orcs is really a scary thing to see coming at you :cool2:

yodasig2.png
My political compass

#754 Scryer

Scryer

title available

• Project Team
  • 565 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 04:50 AM

Attack trolls essentially fill the spot of mumakil now, though admittedly they're not as powerful. Still, they're much stronger than they were in bfme1 and an attack troll with a couple mountain trolls and a few hundred orcs is really a scary thing to see coming at you :p

Thank god you posted. Now I won't have to do another very long post covering all those points in detail :p .

EDIT: When did Mordor have giants?

Edited by Scryer, 02 November 2009 - 04:50 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#755 Guest_Guest_Velociraptor_*_*

Guest_Guest_Velociraptor_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2010 - 03:13 AM

Hey of course the dinosaur geek and horse geek again here to brag... That since the haradrim lancers and mumakil have been removed mordor now again needs a basic cavalry unit and my suggestions are either orcs on horseback as said by alan lee that tolkein indeed put in the rotk or the morgul knights whom are men of black numenorean descent! which one?

#756 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 04:57 PM

Mordor doesn't really need a cavalry unit. They didn't have one in bfme1 did they?

"A wizard is never late, nor is he early; he arrives precisely when he means to."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#757 velociraptor

velociraptor
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 08:13 PM

Mordor doesn't really need a cavalry unit. They didn't have one in bfme1 did they?

That was bfme when mordor was based on the return of the king without any certain scenes and plus tolkein did mention black numenorean horsemen as well as some orc horse riders and warg riders and besides the makers of the rotwk said that with the haradrim lancers that takes care of the problem with enemy archers so yeah mordor does need a cavalry unit!

#758 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 04:26 PM

Well no, they don't really need one. They function well enough without having a separate cavalry unit, that's my point.

Also, keep in mind that this mod originally started as a return to the bfme1 balance.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#759 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Donated

Posted 27 March 2010 - 09:23 PM

Any kind of cavalry unit would probably make Mordor ridiculously OP. Right now the only was you can counter mass free orc spam is with archers, cavalry, or heroes, and Mordor having their own cavalry would basically get rid of the archer and cavalry counter. Besides, they do well enough with nazgul on horses:P

yodasig2.png
My political compass

#760 velociraptor

velociraptor
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 03:14 PM

Then what about the horsemen from minas morgul, like the black numenoreans!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users