Photo

CaH in SEE!

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

Poll: CaH in SEE?

Should we keep CaH in SEE to begin with?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Should we keep CaH even if we use CaH to create new regular heroes?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Should we use CaH to create new needed heroes in SEE?

Vote Guests cannot vote

#121 Grig

Grig
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 06:03 AM

Well the wizard could be used for Radagast or one of the other Miar - if nothing else most of the CAH hero's could be reskinned so that they don't look EXACTLY like the CAH hero's that everyone uses.

In any case, what I think should happen, is what Jeth said - leave the CAH in there but use the parts anyway. The 'uses CAH/Doesn't use CAH' debate seems kinda split ^^; and this way everyone wins

Edited by Grig, 16 September 2008 - 07:35 AM.

The Dark is patient...

The Dark is generous...

And it always wins...

But in the heart of its power lies weakness...

It takes but a single candle to hold it back...

Love is more then a candle...

Love can ignite the stars.

#122 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 16 September 2008 - 02:13 PM

Yeah, most likely that. Don't need that many more items though at this stage

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#123 Guest_Warney23_*

Guest_Warney23_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 September 2008 - 08:12 AM

HAHA, sorry!
I just have to laugh though. Thorin Stonehelm with no helm(et). I the CaH should have more sub classes so they can be more varied and then be used to create other heroes for the game.

#124 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 27 September 2008 - 07:51 AM

I agree... CaH sucks all together, as EA could have made it SOOO much better with a LITTLE effort. Compare with Sims for instance, where you can zoom in and edit face attributes, and choose between a vast selection of outfits. The CaH in BFME2 is a true statement of how EA sorta "died" during the making of this game, and just threw it out there

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#125 Grig

Grig
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 04:53 AM

As I've said before, considering how many people bought it really makes a testimony to how desperate LOTR fans are for a LOTR strategy game lol

The Dark is patient...

The Dark is generous...

And it always wins...

But in the heart of its power lies weakness...

It takes but a single candle to hold it back...

Love is more then a candle...

Love can ignite the stars.

#126 Zeta1127

Zeta1127

Supporter of P-canon

• Members
  • 415 posts
  • Projects:A Galaxy Far, Far Away
  •  Ancient Order of the Whills Clone Marshal Commander of the 89th Legion

Posted 11 February 2010 - 05:36 PM

I know I am a little late, but I didn't know about this thread for a while. Mollock looks wonderful, your right they could have made CaH so much better, and I am desperate :rolleyes: for a good LotR RTS(and for just about every other story I like too). I admit I use those CaH jokes, even though there are few toggles and mounts, the Troll CaH weapon with no knockback(one of the dumbest things EA ever did, besides the Glorfindel and Gloin's hair color mistakes), units from no where(I sadly use those on a few of my heroes, its either that or I am out of options for some of my heroes), the Elves with no armor, Wizards are clones, and dwarves are generic, it is difficult to find a fun power build for most CaH, and so few options for every class. I really would like to see Erkenbrand, and Imrahil and the KoDA as recruitable, but people seem to be opposed to that; Rohan and Gondor are going to need more heroes if and when the MotW are split. Use CaH stuff, but make that stuff better before you use it.

Edited by Zeta1127, 12 February 2010 - 05:57 AM.

"I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango Fett
"You are fooling yourself, Captain. Nothing here is what it seems. You are not the plucky hero, the Alliance is not an evil empire, and this is not the grand arena."
"And that's not incense." - The Operative and Inara Serra
"What you will see, if you leave the Mirror free to work, I cannot tell. For it shows things that were, and things that are, and things that yet maybe. But which it is that he sees, even the wisest cannot always tell. Do you wish to look?" - Galadriel
Clone Marshal Commander Zeta 1127 of the 89th Legion
Admiral Zebulon Wilhelm of Task Force Mystic/Fleet Junkie

#127 ttandchotmail

ttandchotmail

title available

• Project Team
  • 849 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 05:18 AM

Agreed :p The create a hero could have used another few weeks testing before release. And the whole point of gaining levels in your armies is pointless, Even the medals collected for the create a heroes do absolutely nothing. But EA executives push release dates and developers don't get the time they need so we end up with crap :( Lucky a few of us know how to fix these things :p

Edited by ttandchotmail, 01 November 2010 - 09:48 PM.

No chance of returning....Zero chance of surviving....Well!? When do we get started?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#128 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 01 November 2010 - 04:14 PM

Ya know... I'm still considering this... and I still feel like removing them :p

1) They might cause bugs and crashes, as we've been investigating around this possibility before regarding the crash when loading saved games...
2) They don't fit in with the lore...
3) They play, look and feel rather different from other heroes and units...
4) To ME - as the mod author - they sorta feel like that dude in the theater that just can't shup up. The old smelly person in the tight bus you're sitting in. The fly that keep buzzing around in your room but you can't see it. That itch, that you just can't scratch. That feeling of discomfort, that you just can't deal with... Every time they show up on screen... I get this feeling... "wtf are you doing here" :cool2:

In short... I really, truly and utterly hate the CaH. Not the idea, not the system and not the intention, but the implementation and the way EA put a lot of model quality in them and left such a HUGE lack in other models that truly are the backbone of the game itself (uruks, orcs, soldiers, etc). So, despite all the nay-sayers, I am STRONGLY leaning towards killing CaH all together, and use as much as possible of the models, meshes, anims and textures to highten quality of other models, just like we did with Uruk-hai and Haradrim units. Killing CaH would mean I'd make as much use as possible of the models, anims and textures for other things like easterlings, noldorians, orcs, goblins, dwarves, etc...

We'll SEE what happens... ;)

Edited by Nazgûl, 01 November 2010 - 05:13 PM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#129 Gfire

Gfire

Nuju

• Project Team
  • 2,173 posts
  • Projects:Finding My Way
  •  The Perfectionist

Posted 01 November 2010 - 04:20 PM

I agree, I despise the CAH.
Greetings, community.

#130 Prince of the Dark Forest

Prince of the Dark Forest
  • Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 08:05 PM

Agreed. Recycle the CAH models for the real heroes.
Ignited into the world in a flash of lightning, it gleams faintly in the heart of its mother, wood. It begins as an ember, a mere wisp of heat and colour. Its chance of survival at this critical moment is minute, yet it fights on, against the unforgiving cold, against the depths of night and against its mortal enemy: rain.

#131 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 01 November 2010 - 08:36 PM

And/or units, is the plan. Like our haradrims and uruks. AfaIk SEE was the first mod to use CaH to make sweet looking uruk units :p I dont mind others doing the same though - I just meant that it was a bit surprising that I hadn't seen it before =) The same could be done to easterlings, noldorians and gondor units for instance. I think some mods have used CaH for Fountain Guards etc...

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#132 Gfire

Gfire

Nuju

• Project Team
  • 2,173 posts
  •  The Perfectionist

Posted 01 November 2010 - 08:38 PM

Indeed. There are potentially a lot of models that might be used for various units. The Orcs and Goblins, as well. I guess gwarves, too. I'd love to use some epic guardians.
Greetings, community.

#133 Prince of the Dark Forest

Prince of the Dark Forest
  • Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 08:48 PM

Definately. Because we have freedom with the armor of units (much more than heroes), we can use many of the CAH armor for units... :p
Ignited into the world in a flash of lightning, it gleams faintly in the heart of its mother, wood. It begins as an ember, a mere wisp of heat and colour. Its chance of survival at this critical moment is minute, yet it fights on, against the unforgiving cold, against the depths of night and against its mortal enemy: rain.

#134 drogoth232

drogoth232

What a shame

• Members
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 08:53 PM

And that also frees up some upgrade space (in upgrade.ini I am pretty sure that there is a limit to it)! :p
Wait... what?

#135 Gfire

Gfire

Nuju

• Project Team
  • 2,173 posts
  •  The Perfectionist

Posted 01 November 2010 - 09:32 PM

Right, those upgrades don't really need to use up that space without the CaH. Good point.
Greetings, community.

#136 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 01 November 2010 - 09:34 PM

Yes, I beleive RJ had that issue.. =)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#137 KingElessar2384

KingElessar2384

Skill of a Ranger, Courage of a Warrior, Leadership of a King

• Members
  • 119 posts
  • Projects:Reading the SEE Forum and other things
  •  SEE Guardian, Defender of the Good

Posted 29 January 2011 - 03:31 PM

Has anyone noticed that the CAH Captain of Gondor's face looks like Aragorn's face (Viggo's) in the movies. Perhaps you could rebind the model and make it use Aragorn's skeleton and anims, basically creating a new model. In the face, just darken the hair and goatee/beard, add shadowing, and you'll have Aragorn :lol:
Thx
This day does not belong to one man, but to all, let us together rebuild this world, that we may share in days of peace.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#138 King Dain II Ironfoot

King Dain II Ironfoot

King Under the Mountain of Erebor

• Project Team
  • 193 posts
  • Projects:THL

Posted 08 June 2015 - 05:52 AM

I think it will be cool if we have more Movie,Concept Art based Armos for Dwarven Heroes and may be a Ranger Class for Men heroes!? :)

I will not stand down before any Elf not least this faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishes nothing but ill upon my people....Ya think I give a dead dog about your treats  you Pointy Ear Princess...          WklE62A.png

You hear that lads..we're on...let's give these bastards a good hammering...Tanar Durin nur!!....

#139 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 08 June 2015 - 07:16 AM

S.E.E. - Director's Cut has used assets from CaH. So if it were brought back I would prefer if extra things were brought into it.

This is my collected ideas, the idea is that you are creating a custom hero, based on stricter guidelines. Yes you have permission to edit my spreadsheet! =D

https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#140 King Dain II Ironfoot

King Dain II Ironfoot

King Under the Mountain of Erebor

• Project Team
  • 193 posts
  • Projects:THL

Posted 08 June 2015 - 07:25 AM

Why the Dwarf is only Erebor and there isn't Mirkwood!? :) 

I will not stand down before any Elf not least this faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishes nothing but ill upon my people....Ya think I give a dead dog about your treats  you Pointy Ear Princess...          WklE62A.png

You hear that lads..we're on...let's give these bastards a good hammering...Tanar Durin nur!!....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users