Photo

Gameplay Discussions

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Guest_sadous_*_*

Guest_Guest_sadous_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 August 2007 - 08:44 AM

Yes, here is a lot of tacticts but it has one problem - the unit creating is a little bit too slow. Nazgul should make it a bit faster. ???

#22 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  Greedy capitalist and cynical bastard.

Posted 09 August 2007 - 12:34 PM

It's meant to be slow. If you want more units in shorter time, you'll have to make more unit production buildings...
It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#23 MajorDima

MajorDima
  • Project Team
  • 89 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E Beta tester
  •  Mapper

Posted 09 August 2007 - 12:53 PM

I start with elves, and build up tons of heroes (because they build up faster than units) at this point I get an eagle, and with it the game is won, I'm going on hit and runs with it and take out builders and farms far from the main fortress, then I start building up ents, meanwhile heroes are used to defend not too close to my base, but an offensive defense, somewhere in the mid-map.

Once I get about 5 ents and treebeard I start my offensive and after the ents are unleashed it ends really quick (on brutal of course).

Edited by {IP}MajorDima, 09 August 2007 - 12:54 PM.

#24 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 19 September 2007 - 02:19 AM

*moved posts into Comments & Suggestions for Beta 4.5"*
http://forums.revora...showtopic=50195

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#25 Lord of the Rings Junkie

Lord of the Rings Junkie

Musn't hurt the Precious!

• Project Team
  • 827 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Gate Mod

Posted 20 September 2007 - 12:08 AM

Do you want a real challenge? Play against a single brutal army on a map for more than 2 players in 100xCP mode. The enemy will build bases at each map build location, and you will be forced to build behind you as you conquer (At least on Black Gate and Mt. Doom maps.) Otherwise they will simply rebuild while you wipe out another base. Not to mention that more bases = more troops invading. Don't do this if you're short on time, expect the skirmish to last at least 2 hours. Based on what Naz has been saying about the new AI, this would be suicidal in 4.5. Perhaps some of you beta testers could give this a go and let me know how you fare... >;) This also makes your units much more important, and siege only comes in later.

All I'm saying is that I've actually had Army of the Dead used on me... :D And it's a lot more fun when there is a chance you could lose.

[Edit] The stakes are also a bit higher if you play in network mode, since you can't save. If the battle goes ill, you can't just re-load your save game and try again. ;)

Edited by Lord of the Rings Junkie, 20 September 2007 - 12:23 AM.

"Et Earello Endorenna utulien.
Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar
tenn' Ambar-metta!"
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Don't come between The Lord of the Rings and its junkie!

#26 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 20 September 2007 - 01:53 AM

^ Hehe, music to my ears :D

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#27 Lord of the Rings Junkie

Lord of the Rings Junkie

• Project Team
  • 827 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 12:05 AM

Until a level requirement is put on Nazgul to ride fellbeasts, I have a strategy that will win against a single hard army 100% of the time. As soon as the skirmish begins, build nothing but 6 slaughter houses. When you get 3000, train your nazzie, mount your fell, use EoS to find the enemy, and attack the enemy fortress ASAP. Just keep training nazzies now and send them down to attack the fortress, but I never had to use more than 4. Wala, you just won a skirmish without building a single unit of troops. :)

Edited by Lord of the Rings Junkie, 30 September 2007 - 12:06 AM.

tenn' Ambar-metta!"
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#28 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 30 September 2007 - 08:15 AM

Hehe, well... no more ;)

In Beta 4.5, all normal nazzies (the 8) will need to reach level 10 before they get their trusted Fell :shiftee:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#29 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 30 September 2007 - 08:22 AM

Ah, you wanted 10? I put in 8. :shiftee:

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#30 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 30 September 2007 - 08:33 AM

Oups, lol :shiftee:

Well. hm... *thinking* I think they should be 10 yes... the Fells are really powerful ;) But - 8 is good too. You don't HAVE to change it =)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#31 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 08:39 AM

You want the haze to appear on 8 or 10 then?

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#32 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 30 September 2007 - 08:50 AM

The haze should be 10 for sure though =)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#33 Lord of the Rings Junkie

Lord of the Rings Junkie

• Project Team
  • 827 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 02:42 PM

I think level 8 is good for the fells, especially since all good factions can just buy their air unit outright.
tenn' Ambar-metta!"
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#34 Lord of Mordor

Lord of Mordor

Master of the One Ring

• Project Team
  • 170 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 03:44 PM

Well, Mordor can still buy the flying Witch King outright, although he's more expensive that Nazzies or Eagles... but I still think, 8 is enough.

Build me an army worthy of Mordor!

HobbitBann5501.png

#35 zachdaddy_3000

zachdaddy_3000

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

• Project Team
  • 580 posts
  • Projects:Nazgul's BFMEII: Special Extended Edition

Posted 30 September 2007 - 07:25 PM

That's definitely a good thing to change the level requirement for the fellbeasts cuz, damn. :xcahik_: 9 fellbeasts when the game starts, incredibly OP.
Do not come between a Zach and his........Zach?

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#36 King_of_Blades

King_of_Blades
  • Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 08:12 PM

Well, just discovered that using 100X Command Point factor can raise my comand points up to 10,000... or something like that...

Anyway, had an Elves vs Goblins match, and with an army of Helm's Deep Veterens, I made short work of those nasty little Gobbos... :xcahik_:

Edited by King_of_Blades, 30 September 2007 - 08:13 PM.

Posted Image

92% of today's teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listens to real music, copy and paste this to your signature.

#37 Lord of the Rings Junkie

Lord of the Rings Junkie

• Project Team
  • 827 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 04:53 PM

I figured I might post a few strategies I have found helpful in 4.5 to give you guys a bit of a leg up when it comes out.

1. When playing against Mordor, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE PLENTY OF SIEGE EQUIPMENT! Insane amounts trebuchets and catapults are the only really good counters to the balrog and Grond. And the AI will actually use both, to devastating effect. If MotW, Gandalf's lightning sword is a very powerful counter to the balrog. Build all catapult/treb expansions on your fortress(es).

2. If playing as Mordor, build 6 farms straight away and get The Nine as soon as you can. (The price has been reset to 2000 instead of 3000 a piece, WK is still 8000.) As they all reach level 6, set Morgul Blade and Screech to auto cast. Ever see half a battalion of peasants turned into wights? :good:

Will update as I think of more... BTW, be prepared to accept the fact that the AI is now actually a worthy opponent, and there is a reasonable chance that you may lose.

Edited by Lord of the Rings Junkie, 06 October 2007 - 05:02 PM.

tenn' Ambar-metta!"
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#38 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 05:39 PM

Let me quote Nazgûl on this:

^ Hehe, music to my ears :good:

#39 kalecx

kalecx
  • Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 03:31 PM

I figured I might post a few strategies I have found helpful in 4.5 to give you guys a bit of a leg up when it comes out.

1. When playing against Mordor, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE PLENTY OF SIEGE EQUIPMENT! Insane amounts trebuchets and catapults are the only really good counters to the balrog and Grond. And the AI will actually use both, to devastating effect. If MotW, Gandalf's lightning sword is a very powerful counter to the balrog. Build all catapult/treb expansions on your fortress(es).

2. If playing as Mordor, build 6 farms straight away and get The Nine as soon as you can. (The price has been reset to 2000 instead of 3000 a piece, WK is still 8000.) As they all reach level 6, set Morgul Blade and Screech to auto cast. Ever see half a battalion of peasants turned into wights? :blink:

Will update as I think of more... BTW, be prepared to accept the fact that the AI is now actually a worthy opponent, and there is a reasonable chance that you may lose.

nice tactics. :o

Great to hear Naz needs to be lv 10 to ride on Fell. :)
Posted Image

xfire: warnexus

want a bfme2 see 4.5 mod match-up against me? add the xfire user above. :O

#40 Lord of the Rings Junkie

Lord of the Rings Junkie

• Project Team
  • 827 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 10:45 PM

No, level 8. Screech has been moved to level 4, and morgul blade is level 6. WK has a new flame sword power on level 8 too, but he can only use it on foot. If mounted, he has his level 10 move from beta IV.

[Edit] Update: Ok, building up a massive army while simply being on the defensive and then wiping out the enemy is no longer an option, at least if you play against 1 AI on a map for more than 2 players, as the AI might build more bases. I have since learned that I need to be a little more pro-active in my technique. Moral of the story: Do not simply leave the AI to itself while you build your army. I'm still trying to think of a good way to get siege to the enemy base while defending equipment from fire arrows.

Edited by Lord of the Rings Junkie, 07 October 2007 - 11:51 PM.

tenn' Ambar-metta!"
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users