Ethereal Chaos

• Members
  • 555 posts
  • Projects:Wars of Arda mod
  •  Expert Marksman

Posted 11 June 2009 - 12:04 PM

Sup guys!
I have some suggestions for the Lothlorien faction:
- Create Mirkwood subfaction, less of an organized army with "commando-style" elven troops
- Make the hobbit heroes recruitable from the hobbit house instead of fortress
- Allow the Rivendell Lancers to switch between lances and bows
- Reskin Lorien Warriors and Archers to add some more armor
- Rename Mithlond spearmen to Lorien or Mirkwood spearmen
- Maybe create an elite spear unit, kind of like the Gondor Fountain Guard?

~Ar-Adûnakhôr
_______Posted Image_______Posted Image

#422 ttandchotmail

ttandchotmail

title available

• Project Team
  • 849 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 05:22 AM

Great minds think alike mate :D a bit of what you have suggested is already in the next beta release :sad:

The hobbit heroes being recruitable from the hobbit house is still in debate I think as their were plans to make the hobbit house buildable by all good factions.

Edited by ttandchotmail, 12 June 2009 - 05:27 AM.

No chance of returning....Zero chance of surviving....Well!? When do we get started?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#423 Gfire

Gfire

Nuju

• Project Team
  • 2,173 posts
  • Projects:Finding My Way
  •  The Perfectionist

Posted 15 June 2009 - 06:30 PM

I don't know if it would be a bad thing to allow all the good factions to get the Hobbit heroes, as long as it remains balanced. Don't the Elves already have the most heroes, anyway?

Personally I like that solution. They are really more like Mini-Heroes anyway, so it should be able to be balanced.
Greetings, community.

#424 ttandchotmail

ttandchotmail

title available

• Project Team
  • 849 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 07:20 PM

G'day G fire

Plenty of arguements for and against the idea. but I can't see the harm myself. They arn't exactly the most powerful units anyway ^_^
No chance of returning....Zero chance of surviving....Well!? When do we get started?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#425 Dark_l0rd_Davian

Dark_l0rd_Davian
  • Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 08:18 PM

i think its a good idea since frodo and them are friendly with all of the races.but like you say it should be balanced.but im used to them being in the elves race.

Edited by Dark_l0rd_Davian, 15 June 2009 - 08:18 PM.

"All shall vanquish..."

Posted Image

#426 ttandchotmail

ttandchotmail

title available

• Project Team
  • 849 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 05:26 AM

G'day Darl L

And we already have bilbo in the dwarven faction. Although I'm not sure if the latest public beta release has him in it though :good: He will be in the next release for sure though :rolleyes:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#427 Dark_l0rd_Davian

Dark_l0rd_Davian
  • Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 02:41 AM

thats nice thanks.i think bilbo is in the mod already,i saw him fight
"All shall vanquish..."

Posted Image

#428 Guest_Rheinguard_*

Guest_Rheinguard_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 2009 - 06:17 AM

For the Elven Faction,

I think the addition of Elf ninjas would be cool. It would add an awesome addition to their ambush tactics, and with the talent S.E.E has, they will be freaking amazing. Just like LOTR Conquest they have an elven Scout unit, wich is basically a ninja. Just take the Corsairs of Umbar model and reskin them with blonde hair, gold and green light armor, and add stealth and a firebomb power to the unit. A cooldown firebomb, not a toggle weapon mode one.

Also, I would like to be able to select what type of ents I wanna spawn. I reallly really hate the random ent thing.

#429 ttandchotmail

ttandchotmail

title available

• Project Team
  • 849 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 08:05 AM

hmmmm yeah that would be good to have for the entmoot. I found I'm wasting my rescources when I want to buy a long range unit and all I got was the ent that has to punch everything up close. Good thinking :p
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#430 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts
  • Projects:Ex-Advisor
  •  Resident Shakespearean.

Posted 05 July 2009 - 07:31 PM

For the Elven Faction,

I think the addition of Elf ninjas would be cool. It would add an awesome addition to their ambush tactics, and with the talent S.E.E has, they will be freaking amazing. Just like LOTR Conquest they have an elven Scout unit, wich is basically a ninja. Just take the Corsairs of Umbar model and reskin them with blonde hair, gold and green light armor, and add stealth and a firebomb power to the unit. A cooldown firebomb, not a toggle weapon mode one.

OF COURSE!!! Because everyone knows that in the movies, there were totally sooooooo many elf ninjas! I remember that one time when Legolas took out his ZOMGWTF Firebombz, too, and blasted the Helm's Deep wall to smithereens because he was so awesome! While we're on the subject, the Corsairs still need submarines, like they had in that one other game, and maybe they could have tamed sharks too! :D

Wait... on second thought, I don't remember any of that. Fail.
BulletsfromaGunbanner_zps974f3ea8.png

Careful. This link is DANGEROUS. Do NOT click it. This one, however, is fine.

I had the meaning of life in my signature, but it exceeded the character limit.

#431 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 05 July 2009 - 07:33 PM

I knew there was a reason I stopped visiting the SEE and RJ forums...

Go to hell mike :D

Edited by Elvenlord, 05 July 2009 - 07:46 PM.
mikeDIT: Fixed for me.

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#432 Guest_Rheinguard_*

Guest_Rheinguard_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 July 2009 - 04:22 AM

http://images.slashd...9/1220246-2.png

This is the elf ninja I was talking about. When you come to think movie wise only, there were no Noldor Warriors in the movies. Or Mountain Giants, and the dragon wasnt there and I could go on and on. All these units add in game depth and strategy. The same would be with the Elven Scout unit. They would make perfect anti infantry hit and run chokehold tacticts. Im also sad the movies didnt show sorcery as much as the books. Sorcery and Magic is a huge part of LOTR. I wish that instead of sitting atop fortresses casting spells (IE The Ring Abilities) they would take a more upfront approach to the battlefield. A support sorcery unit would be cool for all the factions. (I know the Angmar ones were fail)

Yes Im glad you like the Ent selection though. That would be very helpful.

#433 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 06 July 2009 - 04:27 AM

Seriously? You pull a Conquest pic on us?
And yes, there were Noldor Warriors. Remember the Fellowship's intro? Yeah. Dragons were mentioned. Mountained giants, yeah, weren't in it, but they were already in the game.

Furthermore, the magic in LOTR wasn't INYOURFACE kind of magic. For more often, it was very subtle. Not something you could see, more feel. Especially not something you would use in war, at least not the vast majority of time.

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#434 Mordor Slayer

Mordor Slayer

SEE Marketing Manager

• Project Team
  • 1,424 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition

Posted 06 July 2009 - 09:50 AM

I'm sorry, but we're not huge fans of Conquest (and that's an understatement). I mean, what's that supposed to be? An Elven ninja in Rohan armour? No thanks... A normal Elven scout unit could work, but so many Elven units already have a vision/detect stealth ability that it's not necessary.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#435 Guest_Rheinguard_*

Guest_Rheinguard_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2009 - 07:09 AM

Yes I know that LOTR magic wasnt Nuke happy. Please notice the support. I was thinking along the lines of healing. I don't like conquest either. Its fun for the first day, and then you notice the repetitiveness and the appalling debauche appeal. Ok just forget it, frontline medics will comepleteley change the way this game works, and I dont want that. But I still want elven Ninjas QQ!

Also, with the new ent selection. There needs to be a description with appropriate strenghths and weaknesses.

A noob question. Whats the difference between a Mumakill and an Oiliphaunt>?

#436 Taralom

Taralom

Self-proclaimed A**hole

• Project Team
  • 1,519 posts
  • Projects:Turned to Writing
  •  I R GOOGL'd

Posted 07 July 2009 - 08:57 AM

I thought that those were two names for the same being. But isn't this the elven topic? This is waaaay off-topic :p
If the above post offended you in any way,
please take note that, until further notice, I don't care, so get lost.

#437 Gfire

Gfire

Nuju

• Project Team
  • 2,173 posts
  • Projects:Finding My Way
  •  The Perfectionist

Posted 07 July 2009 - 06:42 PM

Actually, A Mumak (pardon the lack of accent marks or whatever it's supposed to have,) is the same as an Oliphaunt. Mumakil is the plural form. Unfortunately, EA didn't know that and went and recorded "The Mumakil is ready for battle" and put it in the game. The strings are easy enough to change but they had to go and put it in the sound files. >,<

Oh, and to make this post legit: Elves rock! :p

Edited by Gfire, 07 July 2009 - 06:43 PM.

Greetings, community.

#438 khamulrulz

khamulrulz

title available

• Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 02:53 PM

i know that every faction needs spam units, but something inside of me squirms when i see elves sending hobbits in swarms to fight for them. hobbits practically never fought, let alone for elves. you have these noble elves that are great warrriors, and they send untrained hobbits to do their dirty work... another unit for the hobbit house could be hobbit archers, because hobbits were good with bows. i also think that merry and pippin should be motw heroes, because they fought for rohan and gondor respectively.

i can't think of any replacement spam units, so this probably isnt too constructive, but im just putting my opinion out there. i also think that celeborn should have more unique abilities, so that he isnt a clone of elrond.

i also think that galadhrim warriors should be limited to 3 or 4 units. theyre really strong and its annoying when the ai sends tons of them to attack me

another idea is to have something similar to a warg sentry: a huorn forest. basically a group of huorns that look like trees until enemies come close. then, no more mr nice guy....

Edited by khamulrulz, 04 October 2009 - 03:34 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#439 Joey Schank

Joey Schank
  • Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 09:31 PM

I think the Lorien Warriors should toggle between bow and spear, in order to fill a different role than Noldor. :)

#440 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 14 September 2014 - 01:00 AM

Good idea! The anims don't support that though... but I'll consider it.

Edited by Nazgûl, 14 September 2014 - 01:00 AM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users