Photo

Update on the Current Status On CnC3

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
78 replies to this topic

#21 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

SAS Alpha Team Leader (Forum n00b Hunter 1st battalion)

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts
  • Projects:Remix Alpha Tester.
  •  I'm the remix alpha tester thats loves to attack n00bs... muhahah!!!

Posted 18 July 2007 - 10:42 PM

If u actualy read the intell u get via doing missions u will know why they removed the mechs, The goverment do what they always do think they know it all and wanna save money the new mammath tank and penitrator was replacements to the mechs because they are cheeper to produce and can be almost or as effective as the old titan and the mammath mk2.
Also is cheeper and more easier to repair them in the field.

Basicly even if the military says "O yer mammath mk2 and titan is better we need them" the politions will over ride them and say nope too expensive. I hate how guys in suits with no idea about combat or military needs say what the military needs are.

I had to admite i was upset to see the mk2 mammath go as that was awesome
Phoenix™ The Forgotten Samurai
A wise man chooses death before war, A wiser man chooses not to become war.
Posted Image
Foamy!?!! Xombie!?! Awesome Cannon Rock
Everyone should watch this and pass it on as its a very good argument on the subject of Global Warming.

#22 Death_Pheonix

Death_Pheonix

title available

• Members
  • 476 posts
  • Projects:former Remix 3 Alpha Tester
  •  [M]i[G]lEaDeR

Posted 19 July 2007 - 10:17 AM

that nearly made me stop playing the game
Posted Image

Sooner or later, the day comes when you can't hide from the things that you've done anymore.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#23 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 10:54 AM

Well to sum it up imo.
The game is not the best but its not crap, sure it could of been better but you could and can say that about 90% of the games that come out today and not just games EA related.

Take Halo2 for example i love the halo series and i love halo 2 aswell but alot of halo fans think halo 2 could of been better alot of peaple think the halo 2 story was a little messy carry on.
So you see saying a games crap because it does not live upto your high expectations is stupid, play the games enjoy the games and if u don't then play something else.
All companys fuck up from time to time and not all games can be suited to you, What u think it great in a game someone else might not.

So anyways i enjoy CnC3 i not had a problem with it but everyone for themselfs ;)
Posted Image
Everyone should watch this and pass it on as its a very good argument on the subject of Global Warming.

#24 Death_Pheonix

Death_Pheonix

title available

• Members
  • 476 posts
  •  [M]i[G]lEaDeR

Posted 19 July 2007 - 11:41 AM

HALO 1 = Great single player, decent multi player
HALO 2 = good/decent single player, AWESOME multi player
HALO 3 = from what ive seen, will p4wn every thing

cnc 3, great game, fun game play, story is a bit strange, good multi player. but gets repetitive very quickly. also it has little strategy, spamming being the only way to win.
Posted Image

Sooner or later, the day comes when you can't hide from the things that you've done anymore.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#25 Thats me!

Thats me!

Title availble

• Members
  • 653 posts
  • Projects:thinking...:p
  •  not Red :(

Posted 20 July 2007 - 11:53 AM

cnc 3, great game, fun game play, story is a bit strange, good multi player. but gets repetitive very quickly. also it has little strategy, spamming being the only way to win.

no thats not true i never spam units to win ( maybe only aircraft) but when i am playing with gdi i only build mammoth (about 4 for base defence) and 10 jugeraunts ( and sniper drop thing power to spot) and zone trooper drop pods and about 12 fire hawks( for destroying supw and conyards) but i didnt not build horde of tanks (even with scrin i only win using aircraf about 10 ) but with nod some time i spawn tanks cos its low cost (espicaly beam cannons)

#26 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 12:56 PM

I tell u what i do.
I always build a few mammoth tanks and put on hold ground so they wont move around my base with there front forword, Then build a Mobile battle fortress for each one and set up behind them to keep it repaired.
These make awesome defences great vs man and tanks (if u have) railguns
Missiles count as AA aswell but would be better to build some AA near them and maybe get 1 sonic tower to help with big wave of units.
A big wave of units wont brake past that too quick and so u do need to use tactics. Have some orcas hotkeyed incase they bring in artillery to take it out and you have 1 sweet defence.

Then for attacking i will drop in a sniper team and build a big group of juggernauts and drop in zone troopers and the 2 APC's and Pitbulls.
Load the zone troopers into the apc's and group the juggernauts as 1, set snipers as 2 and pitbulls and apc's as 3.
Move snipers close and then simply use your juggernauts bombard power on Defences and any stationay units, Once that done u send in the apc's and pitbulls.

This probley wont kill them as any good player no doubt will counter it but u will find u making a nasty hole in there base, Reason for the drop of the APC's and Pitbulls is because zonetroopers can not shoot at air units, so they can help do damage and also hit air, pitbulls also reveal stealthed units so steath tanks and any banshees circuling around u will see.
So then apcs die your zonetroops keep attacking then they maybe will die depeneding on how good your friend is your facing or howhard u set the Computer.
Then role in the mammoth tanks u have defending to clean up, only 4-5 should be good enough, and u still have your sniper team and juggernauts capable of kicking ass.

I don't play not 2 well so i not really can give a good attack with it but hiroshi is awesome at Nod, I love putting 3-4 beam cannons on each oberlisk then your fucked it u try and attack that head on, and if the players builds SAM's all around it then u have to use tacticas to get around it.
Posted Image

#27 Thats me!

Thats me!

Title availble

• Members
  • 653 posts
  • Projects:thinking...:p
  •  not Red :(

Posted 20 July 2007 - 03:33 PM

its near to my stratgey ( i use all drop powers at the same time ( after destroying aa) infront of their conyard and they pwn everything (espicyally if you have large groups of juggernauts and 2 sniper team).
and i play vs hard and medium ai ( depending which side if i am playing with nod i play vs hard but with gdi medium because there is something wrong in my tactic so i lose when i am destroying enemy base i found my base destroyed too ( gdi vs hard) but with scrin i pwn everthing

for me
gdi=nod ( if i am playing with gdi)
nod>gdi ( playing with nod)
scrin > anything cos its heavy aircraft and i go well with aircraft i cnc3

with nod i can defeat hard ( in missions hard - medium - and easy but must in medium)
with gdi medium
and i will play with scrin vs brutal the next time (try to win cos the spam everything)

and as sayed before i am not playing to many (cos patch 1.05 (i still have 1.03 but i dont wanna play) and i must buy new graphic card cos it is not supported so i play cnc3 not in my home) thats why i finish the nod missons in 2 weeks but in the gdi mission i still get error after getting the tiberium bomb in the mission where i must destroy the control nod

the only thing i want is a scrin campaign

Edited by Silverx, 20 July 2007 - 03:49 PM.

#28 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 11:43 PM

No doubt there be an exp for cnc3 with a scrin campain but its only guess work.
Posted Image

#29 Death_Pheonix

Death_Pheonix

title available

• Members
  • 476 posts
  •  [M]i[G]lEaDeR

Posted 21 July 2007 - 12:27 AM

my stratagy, spam devastator warships and carriers late game, nothing can beat that. iv won 4/5 games online with that, and up against good players to.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#30 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 11:32 AM

I have spammed them aswell death and i have been beaten back a number of times. If i send in like 6 devistators and 6 carriers they can be destroyed pretty easy if the enemy has alot of aa and sends some Fighters at them as well. So you say u faced "good" players but they can't be that good if they could not stop a mass amount of them, Hell the hard computer can not push back 1 of them rushes.
So if the computer can then i am sure a player could, U ned to use combained arms.
Posted Image

#31 Death_Pheonix

Death_Pheonix

title available

• Members
  • 476 posts
  •  [M]i[G]lEaDeR

Posted 21 July 2007 - 11:42 AM

u don't understand, when i say spam, i mean in the hundreds, i hold the enemy off, controlling most of the resources on the map, and i spam the ships, destroying them. 100x devastators will wipe out anything, they are heavily armored flying artillery.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#32 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 11:50 AM

Yes but u have to get them first and wait long enough to build that amount of ships and i am pretty sure that if your enemy lets u control the resorces then they may aswell quit.
If they steal control of them before you or take 2 or 3 spots of tiberiam and control it then eventualy you will not have enough cash and your artillery is unguided so build fast AA vehicals attack them and then quicky move when u fired a few shots so the volly incomeing misses.
If a player leaves u long enough to get 100 of them warships then they deserve to die.

Edited by Phoenix911, 21 July 2007 - 11:59 AM.

Posted Image

#33 Death_Pheonix

Death_Pheonix

title available

• Members
  • 476 posts
  •  [M]i[G]lEaDeR

Posted 21 July 2007 - 11:54 AM

true, but they usually don't know how many i have till there at there door step
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#34 PeeWee

PeeWee

Title unavailable

• Members
  • 351 posts
  •  Why so serious error?

Posted 14 August 2007 - 09:31 PM

heard about the new C&C 3 expansion? each faction gets 2 subfactions... where have i seen that before... :good:
CPU: Phenom II X6 T1090 @ 3,85GHz
Memory: 8Gb DDR3 1600MHz
Graphics: XFX HD5870 XT
Mobo: ASUS Crosshair Formula IV
Monitor: Asus 22" 2ms @ 1680x1050
Case: Lian Li V2000 Fulltower
PSU: Corsair VX550W

#35 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore
  •  Misanthropic Hulking Adonis

Posted 14 August 2007 - 10:05 PM

Ooo Ooo lemme guess...

RA2 Yuris revenge? or GENERALS:Zero hour ?

:good: a lot of expansions add sub sides
Posted Image
CnC Guild - As ancient as time itself.
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

Latest Remix Escalation on ModDB
Remix Escalation on Revora - Track the latest news and changes.

#36 Gredinus

Gredinus

Weapon of mass destruction.

• Hosted
  • 1,128 posts
  • Projects:Remix3 Support
  •  GLA Guru

Posted 14 August 2007 - 10:08 PM

Vessella also assures that Kane's Wrath will bring all the usual expansion upgrades with it: new units, upgrades, etc. for all three factions in the game. More surprisingly, each faction will be getting their own couple of sub-factions that include modified units and unique powers that will serve specific playstyles. Including the original, basic three factions (GDI, NOD, and the Scrin), that will mean nine potential choices for players starting a game -- a major change to the C&C formula for sure.

New formula my ass...

Posted Image

#37 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore
  •  Misanthropic Hulking Adonis

Posted 14 August 2007 - 10:27 PM

lol it will probably add 1 new tank and 1 new infantry and maybe 1 new building to each side.

the sub factions will maybe possibley have 2 new tanks and 2 new infantry.

ownage.
Posted Image
CnC Guild - As ancient as time itself.
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

Latest Remix Escalation on ModDB
Remix Escalation on Revora - Track the latest news and changes.

#38 ApOcOlYpS

ApOcOlYpS

title available

• Project Team
  • 523 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation

Posted 14 August 2007 - 11:08 PM

Ya, this expansion will probably be another attempt to fix C&C 3. I wonder if it will, and another patch will come out for it to fix some small bug, and unbalance the game more.

Anyone here played Dawn of War DC. Very good game. Very stratiegic. Only like 7 sides, but all are increadably different from each other in playstyle and units. Spamming is always a way to win in any RTS game. But it ends up taking a while to do so, and any stratiegic player won't let you. Also, it's not like in C&C where you can just sit in your base getting supplies. If you wan't to do well economically, you have to capture points around the map. My favorite part is the fact that infantry are trained in squads, which can then gain members &/or you can put a command unit on it, to keep it guarded better, or just to make moving around easier.

#39 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 15 August 2007 - 02:54 AM

I'm a huge Dawn of War:Dark Crusade player. It is very good, though, along the exact same basic play concepts the same company made Company of Heros, and while CoH only has 2 factions (until the expansion pack/sequal) the game is far more involved and takes the tactical aspects of Dark Crusade to another leverl completely.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#40 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 10:58 AM

lol it will probably add 1 new tank and 1 new infantry and maybe 1 new building to each side.

the sub factions will maybe possibley have 2 new tanks and 2 new infantry.

ownage.

NA the subfactions would have the most work done to them maybe new buildings and a lot of diff units that they specialize in.

And of course its not new alot of games old and new have had exps that add new factions.
But this is with all games not just RTS's.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users