#41 Death_Pheonix

Death_Pheonix

title available

• Members
  • 476 posts
  • Projects:former Remix 3 Alpha Tester
  •  [M]i[G]lEaDeR

Posted 15 August 2007 - 12:34 PM

i cant believe i spent money on that piece of shit of a game.
Posted Image

Sooner or later, the day comes when you can't hide from the things that you've done anymore.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#42 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore
  •  Misanthropic Hulking Adonis

Posted 15 August 2007 - 02:14 PM

what CNC3 or Dawn of war?
Posted Image
CnC Guild - As ancient as time itself.
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

Latest Remix Escalation on ModDB
Remix Escalation on Revora - Track the latest news and changes.

#43 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 15 August 2007 - 03:35 PM

I think olli is right... without a mod 1 or 2 tanks and a couple upgrades is about all the difference between each sub-faction in ZH
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#44 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore

Posted 15 August 2007 - 03:44 PM

yeah and the generic new upgrades/buildings/units for the vanillia sides was about 3 to 4 new different things. for china if i remeber, they got a helix, internet centre and an ecm tank. thats about it. woop-de-doo. and the sentry drone for USA, that was the answer to the question nobody asked. what point did it serve? it was useless.

at least when westwood were making expansions, they actually expanded the game with new sides and giving each side a whole load of new toys. looks at Yuris revenge for example, and Tiberium sun : Firestorm.

yuris revenge gave a whole new army and it gave each side about 5-6 different things.

same goes for Firestorm, a hell of a lot of new units for an expansion.

Edited by olli, 15 August 2007 - 03:44 PM.

Posted Image
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

#45 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

SAS Alpha Team Leader (Forum n00b Hunter 1st battalion)

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts
  • Projects:Remix Alpha Tester.
  •  I'm the remix alpha tester thats loves to attack n00bs... muhahah!!!

Posted 15 August 2007 - 05:51 PM

I not saying olli is wrong nore right.
All games are diff some games only add 1 or 2 new things others add shit loads. Now i do feel westwood was better at making RTS and such more than EA however CnC3 is new just because in ZH they only added 1 or 2 new things does not mean they will only add a small amount in CNC3 does it?

O and btw olli if i remember rightly all the standard red alert 2 factions only got some small extras the main differance was yuri being in there and of course that did mean having a complete new building and unit set.
As for the other sides tho they was like Zero hour only adding 1 or 2 new things to each side.
So u see even westwood did not go crazy adding tons.
I am sure if any company was gonna add a completely new side like yuri then they too would also add new units and builds for that side making you feel like they added lots but in reality they only added what needed to be there.

Look at starcraft aswel, broodwars only added 2-3 new units to each side with a new campain not a real big addition don't u think?
Aliens Vs Preditor 2 primal hunt exp only added about 3 new items and remember only mariens can use marines gear and preditor pred gear and aliens don't use pick ups so if u now think about that only the marine gets 2 things and pred 1 thing.
The main thing expantions give are an extra campain to extend the replay vaule of there games.

So in sence u could aurge that all exps never add much at all and so saying this pend is right its mods that make a game last longer.
If EA did not release tools or make generals:ZH mod friendly do u think we would all still be playing it or posting in this forums?
Nope infact half of us if not all might never have met each other as chanse is we might never of played the same games.
Phoenix™ The Forgotten Samurai
A wise man chooses death before war, A wiser man chooses not to become war.
Posted Image
Foamy!?!! Xombie!?! Awesome Cannon Rock
Everyone should watch this and pass it on as its a very good argument on the subject of Global Warming.

#46 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 07:00 PM

actually westwood added 5 things minimum to each side in YR expansion, not 1 or 2. it makes a big difference in an RTS
Posted Image

#47 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 10:16 PM

I did say if i remember rightly.
But tell me the new things then cos i can not remember as i not played it in so long and no longer have the game.
I was sure each faction only had 1 or 2 new things and the main addition was the yuri side.

But thats besides the point, my point is you get more expantions that add only a few weapons/units, the main goal of an expantion is to add replay vaule to there game and this is achived via an extended campain/story mode.
If a exp was released that only added new weapons or maps then peaple would say its a waste of money as they could of been given to you via a update and it also would not make the game more fun as u play try the new guns/units out and be like owell not bad but meh games the same.
The campain gives u a goal something to complete.

As i already given some examples.
AvP2.
FEAR
Zero Hour
Starcraft
Diablo2

All of these games expantions added very little in content (some more than others) but the goal was simple to make single player have more replay vaule.
Posted Image
Everyone should watch this and pass it on as its a very good argument on the subject of Global Warming.

#48 PeeWee

PeeWee

Title unavailable

• Members
  • 351 posts
  •  Why so serious error?

Posted 15 August 2007 - 10:18 PM

:rolleyes: i must ask... was there anyone else who felt that C&C3 was very 2D? like Red Alert 1 or 2 minus the fun?
CPU: Phenom II X6 T1090 @ 3,85GHz
Memory: 8Gb DDR3 1600MHz
Graphics: XFX HD5870 XT
Mobo: ASUS Crosshair Formula IV
Monitor: Asus 22" 2ms @ 1680x1050
Case: Lian Li V2000 Fulltower
PSU: Corsair VX550W

#49 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 10:37 PM

CnC3 is no way in hell 2d o.O how could u say that i don't even know how u can think that lol

Ok olli found this.
Allied faction new units/structures.
Gaurdian GI
Battlefortress
Robot Tank
Robot command building.
3 units 1 building over all allied saids (not much)

Soviets Faction.
Boris
Siege Chopper
Spyplane
Battle Bunker
Industrial Plant
3 units 2 buildings not much.

Now lets imagen yuri was not an added side and the exp only added these things and a new campain u would be saying the same thing "omg exp added nothing but crap"
My point is your letting the new faction yuri make u think they added tons.
ZH is the same 3 sides USA/China/GLA and they all get 3 new sub-factions (9 new sides), anyone could say it added alot more than Yuris revenge.
So don't go saying westwood added tons because they did not they added the same amount as most expantions do give or take 1 unit.
Again the goal was to make the game more exciting and last longer mainly via the extra campain.

Remember games get old and boring in this industry fast so whats the smarter option.
1) spend tons of money on making a new game updating or creating from scatch a new games engine witch could take 2 years to get a new game out.
Or
2) use the already made well liked and enjoyed red alert engine and add new story and a new side.
Witch one would they make more money off?

Number 2 cos they would spend less money making it but get more money back because there is "almost" a 100% likly hood that anyone that has red alert 2 would buy the exp.
Posted Image

#50 Death_Pheonix

Death_Pheonix

title available

• Members
  • 476 posts
  •  [M]i[G]lEaDeR

Posted 16 August 2007 - 01:30 AM

:rolleyes: i must ask... was there anyone else who felt that C&C3 was very 2D? like Red Alert 1 or 2 minus the fun?

piece of crap graphics card?
Posted Image

Sooner or later, the day comes when you can't hide from the things that you've done anymore.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#51 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 03:06 AM

I don't think that he meant it LOOKED 2D, but rather that if FELT 2D? That I'd agree with... it felt about as 3D as the RA1&2 games, but take my opinino with a grain of salt, I found the whole game grosely underwhelming. Don't get me wrong, its very pretty, and some things are very pretty, but I just never felt like the terrain and the units went togeather, they were scaled so totaly differntly from each other that it seamed like they belonged in different games... I think thats what created the 2D feeling for me... lack of scale contenuity destroyed any illusions if hight or depth.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#52 PeeWee

PeeWee

Title unavailable

• Members
  • 351 posts
  •  Why so serious error?

Posted 16 August 2007 - 10:33 AM

I've got a X1900GT 256mb DDR3, which is more than enough to run C&C3 at full graphics.

in most new games i find visuals that are so good that you just have to stop and look for abit and be amazed, this is often because of the great bloom/HDR effects *effects that aren't animations just a part of the game*

but with C&C3 i didnt find any of these good graphics, i stopped to look at the flame tank, but the fire seemed just like a simple animation and nothing started burning or anything like that either.

P.S. my former laser-gen Microwave-power graphics issue was "solved" when i went from Nvidia 7600GS to ATI X1900GT :rolleyes:

#53 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 01:12 PM

Meh i think the CnC3 games looks good idk why u say its looks or feels 2d but imo it looks great and its scaled imo rather well i not sure why u say other wise.
Maps with 2 lane roads show this cos an apc actually fits along 1 lane perfectly where as a preditor tank is just a little bit buigger tanking more than 1.
Imo that shows that the units are scaled right for the maps.
Posted Image

#54 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 02:45 PM

Meh i think the CnC3 games looks good idk why u say its looks or feels 2d but imo it looks great and its scaled imo rather well i not sure why u say other wise.
Maps with 2 lane roads show this cos an apc actually fits along 1 lane perfectly where as a preditor tank is just a little bit buigger tanking more than 1.
Imo that shows that the units are scaled right for the maps.

tank to road may be ok, but tank to building, infantry to tank, etc ist god awful... even worse than ZH was. It just made my flesh crawl the first time I tried to play it.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#55 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 08:24 PM

But the generals game is kinda the same some tanks are pretty damn big compaired to a building... (overlord/emperor) is hugh compaired to some buildings.
You could say all RTS games have teh same problem in the sence, Infact i would most likly say that the older CnC games actually had scale alot more down to earth.
Posted Image

#56 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 08:38 PM

But the generals game is kinda the same some tanks are pretty damn big compaired to a building... (overlord/emperor) is hugh compaired to some buildings.
You could say all RTS games have teh same problem in the sence, Infact i would most likly say that the older CnC games actually had scale alot more down to earth.

that I generaly agree with, though CoH does a much better job because insetad of a War FActory! or AirFeild! they use a GP Medium tent as a barracks, or simple field garrage as a motor pool, so their stuff is actualy scaled correctly... but 99% of RTS games have this problem. Sure, you learn to over look it, but to me it was glaringly bad with CnC3... but it could be a simple case of I didn't like the game so I'm not allowing them the same chance to be forgiven for thier faults.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#57 PeeWee

PeeWee

Title unavailable

• Members
  • 351 posts
  •  Why so serious error?

Posted 16 August 2007 - 09:50 PM

^_^ don't you think infantry would be a little too small? i mean if it was to scale either the infantry would be like small dots, or the overlord would take up half the screen.

i dont know why i think c&c3's gfx sucks... perhaps the disappointment has taken over how i feel for the whole crappy game :blink:

#58 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 10:39 PM

^_^ don't you think infantry would be a little too small? i mean if it was to scale either the infantry would be like small dots, or the overlord would take up half the screen.

meh, it depends on at what scale the camera is focused. It CAN be done, but there are several ways to go about it. I just hate when games say "well, we can't fix scale problems, so we'll ignore it and hope it goes away"

i dont know why i think c&c3's gfx sucks... perhaps the disappointment has taken over how i feel for the whole crappy game :blink:

I think thats probably the root cause of all disapointments. there are greafic details in CnC3 that are beutiful, but after 30 seconds of playing the overwhelming mediocrety of the game shines through and everything about it is bland.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#59 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 07:34 AM

well i like cnc3 i don't understand the flack its get it is a damn good game compaired to alot of ea games and compaired to some other RTS out there.
But as i said no game will ever be perfect and 100% what u want no matter how hard they try.
Hell i am looking forword to starcraft 2 but even that i sure peaple will say 1 or 2 things saying damn wish this was in it or wish this was a lil more powerful and so forth.

And i think an act of war direct actions scale is pretty good.
Posted Image

#60 Death_Pheonix

Death_Pheonix

title available

• Members
  • 476 posts
  •  [M]i[G]lEaDeR

Posted 17 August 2007 - 08:01 AM

supreme commander, theres a great game
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users