#81 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 27 October 2007 - 01:42 AM

As I said... he has not finished his models (not binded and exported), and the skins are for those models only. They won't fit the EA models :(

I'm actually a bit sad that Windu has not been able to come up with this, despite that he was like the first modeler to join, like 200 years ago :grin:

But... I can't force anyone to produce anything, and anyone's free to leave at any time. It's just quite sad to have "been promised" and wanted something for so long, that was made "in vain" in the end :/

Windu is a nice guy and an AWESOME modeler, but I guess his interest in SEE dropped to ground level =p

Never mind. "My" Uruks are qite nice anyways, and with some varied skins for Beta V, they'll be fine =)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#82 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 07 November 2007 - 02:28 AM

*marker*
(Up until here - this thread has now been checked for useful items to put into the ToDo List!) :xcahik_:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#83 elbenmensch

elbenmensch
  • Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 10:28 AM

Ladders for Isengard?
I played Helms Deep yesterday and i noticed that its sooooooo boring
without ladders.You could use the ladders system from bfme1.I know the problemss with the walls but there will be a solution
Posted Image
Posted Image

#84 Mercyy

Mercyy
  • Members
  • 183 posts
  • Projects:Edain mod campaign and other mapping
  •  Fan of all Mods, with LotR Feeling

Posted 11 November 2007 - 10:30 AM

what?
In the EA Helms Deep Map are Ladders for Isengard oO
In all fortressmaps Iengard has ladders and mordor siegetowers. EA made that with a map.ini, and if you have played the EA Map there should be siege weapons
Posted Image

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

#85 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 11 November 2007 - 06:43 PM

There should be in SEE too... but I'm not sure. Gotta check...

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#86 ttandchotmail

ttandchotmail

title available

• Project Team
  • 849 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 12:11 PM

G'day to all

I was just watching the isenguard faction and another thought popped in that may be impossible but worth a metnion. :xcahik_:

In the movies, when isenguard is under the guard of treebeard and co. Sarumon ( don't think I spelt that right )is on the top of his tower and when gandalf and crew arrive. Saurumon ( :good: ) fires a fireball at them from on top of his tower.

I thought this might be a cool idea if we could somehow put saurumon ( garrison maybe )on top of his tower so he could fire those fireballs on any enemy units that stray too close to his fort. Just like he did in the movie. Of course up there he would be safe from melee attacks and could only be hit by flying or ranged units.

And I thought a nice touch might be if the fort is ever destroyed while he is up there he would die from the fall, just like in the movie :p
No chance of returning....Zero chance of surviving....Well!? When do we get started?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#87 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 18 November 2007 - 03:59 PM

you can't destroy the tower... neither in the game, movie or books :p

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#88 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 18 November 2007 - 04:10 PM

Yeah the model don't support it (no tumble anims) plus it seemed rather indestuctable in the movies, yes :p

But, it would be rather cool to have him "mount" the tower though, if possible *noted* =)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#89 ttandchotmail

ttandchotmail

title available

• Project Team
  • 849 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 09:13 PM

G'day lauri and nazgul

Sorry guys I should have been more specific, I was not thinking of the isenguard map, I was thinking of the isenguard faction and the fortresses it builds in all maps. The middle tower that can be built to throw lightning bolts ( sorry I can't remember the correct name ) bares a resemblance to the tower that he threw tha fireballs off of. So I was thinking of somehow putting him on top of that tower to fire fireballs from. :p

Edited by ttandchotmail, 18 November 2007 - 09:21 PM.

No chance of returning....Zero chance of surviving....Well!? When do we get started?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#90 Wundai

Wundai
  • Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 09:49 AM

^ Idea seems great to me :good:
Posted Image
Posted Image

#91 Lord of the Rings Junkie

Lord of the Rings Junkie

Musn't hurt the Precious!

• Project Team
  • 827 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Gate Mod

Posted 19 November 2007 - 09:17 PM

Isengard crossbowmen just stand still like statues while firing. Perhaps they need a firing animation with a bit of kick back for each shot, and maybe even a reloading anim so they don't look like they're holding miniature machine ballistas ala Fairy Godmother's guards in Shrek 2. :p
"Et Earello Endorenna utulien.
Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar
tenn' Ambar-metta!"
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Don't come between The Lord of the Rings and its junkie!

#92 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 20 November 2007 - 12:12 AM

Hm, could anyone check the retail game for that? ^
I seem to recall they USED to have those anims? Or...? :p

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#93 av8r

av8r

SEE Support Mgr

• Project Team
  • 489 posts
  • Projects:SEE

Posted 20 November 2007 - 12:50 AM

Isengard crossbowmen just stand still like statues while firing. Perhaps they need a firing animation with a bit of kick back for each shot, and maybe even a reloading anim so they don't look like they're holding miniature machine ballistas ala Fairy Godmother's guards in Shrek 2. :p

Retail and SEE Mod v4.5 they have animation. Could there be computer lag on your pc? Just asking...
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#94 Lord of the Rings Junkie

Lord of the Rings Junkie

• Project Team
  • 827 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 01:51 AM

Lag causes animation to slow down, not remove animations entirely... Perhaps I'll use FRAPS and get a short video of what I'm talking about.

[Edit] It's not quite as bad as statues in Ultra High, but as you can see there is still some 'Shrek 2' syndrome... archers.wmv 1 MB

Edited by Lord of the Rings Junkie, 20 November 2007 - 02:25 AM.

tenn' Ambar-metta!"
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#95 av8r

av8r

SEE Support Mgr

• Project Team
  • 489 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 02:33 AM

Lag causes animation to slow down, not remove animations entirely... Perhaps I'll use FRAPS and get a short video of what I'm talking about.

[Edit] It's not quite as bad as statues in Ultra High, but as you can see there is still some 'Shrek 2' syndrome... archers.wmv 1 MB

Thanks for the reply.
I understand about lag not removing animations however for me theres difference between playing BFME2 on a PIII 500MHz computer (which I had until a little over a yr ago) and a PIV 2.0GHz pc :p (which I have now). I dont get the jerky-motion and its much smoother and I see things I didnt see before, much more complete animations.; I was just thinking that maybe that was the case but I guess your pc probably doesnt lag like my old dinosaur did LOL
Yea that'd be cool to see it. <off topic somewhat> Does WMP record gameplay also?</off topic somewhat>
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#96 Lord of the Rings Junkie

Lord of the Rings Junkie

• Project Team
  • 827 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 02:57 AM

Heh, my CPU is a 3.2 Ghz hyperthreaded P4. :p

No, WMP does not do screen capture. I just happened to use Windows Movie Maker to compress the raw FRAPS output. Normally I use Virtual Dub to compress to either DivX or Xvid, but WMV seems to have a higher quality/compression ratio then either for the game footage.

Edited by Lord of the Rings Junkie, 20 November 2007 - 03:00 AM.

tenn' Ambar-metta!"
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#97 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 21 November 2007 - 03:14 PM

That's really odd... ^ I'll try this myself tonight :p

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#98 av8r

av8r

SEE Support Mgr

• Project Team
  • 489 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 03:23 PM

Heh, my CPU is a 3.2 Ghz hyperthreaded P4. :dry:

No, WMP does not do screen capture. I just happened to use Windows Movie Maker to compress the raw FRAPS output. Normally I use Virtual Dub to compress to either DivX or Xvid, but WMV seems to have a higher quality/compression ratio then either for the game footage.

Yeaa.....I guess maybe lag is not an issue for you :p but it was just a thought.
Thanks for the tips. MS put out an screen capture program years ago, buried in the bowels of their Office 97 Pro Cd. Could make movies of what you viewed on your screen. Can't recall the name of it now.

As it is I dont do any movie capturing etc, just "Print Scrn"
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#99 Thorongil45

Thorongil45
  • Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 02:06 AM

could you add wall upgrades for isengard walls? list of possibles; arrow tower, ballista, lightning rod(zaps enemy units at close range, very expansive, requires the tower at fortress, long recharge time)
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image Posted Image

#100 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 28 November 2007 - 02:19 AM

It is pretty likely that we will give Wall upgrades for both Isen and Elves for Beta V yes... (not the fences of Moria though)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users