Photo

Isengard faction

• Please log in to reply
231 replies to this topic

#161 Guest_Predi_*

Guest_Predi_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 September 2008 - 04:48 PM

How about the uruk warriors have a weapon swap to battering ram. I don't think that the handling of the ram needs special skills, every warrior could use that. But then it must make less damage, because it would be too overpowered if ten batallion of warriors just swap to the rams and destroys the whole base in minutes. Or else make the warriors more expensive and elite-like, so the army's backbone could be the scouts. I really like the scouts ;)

#162 SovietSoldier

SovietSoldier

Mapper,Begginer Modeler and Animator

• Members
  • 323 posts
  • Projects:World Builder Battle Of the Crater Map BFME2

Posted 14 September 2008 - 02:56 PM

um,i think its annoying that saruman can chance an allegiance,only wormtongue should be able to do it.and wormtongue can only control heroes with lesser hp,so i dont want him changing Aragorn which makes no sense.
What is the motherland,when you know you weren't born of land?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#163 Grig

Grig
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 03:11 PM

Conversion should really only work on non-hero units lol

The Dark is patient...

The Dark is generous...

And it always wins...

But in the heart of its power lies weakness...

It takes but a single candle to hold it back...

Love is more then a candle...

Love can ignite the stars.

#164 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts
  • Projects:The Peloponnesian Wars Mod.
  •  There are no heroes, no villains - only decisions.
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator

Posted 14 September 2008 - 06:53 PM

No, the Bayeux Tapestry was used as a template for the people of Rohan; not all of Middle-earth. And to be honest crossbows shouldn't be in the game at all.

#165 Mordor Slayer

Mordor Slayer

SEE Marketing Manager

• Project Team
  • 1,424 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition

Posted 14 September 2008 - 07:18 PM

Yes, but we're following the films as a primary source mike_ :p.

Edited by Mordor Slayer, 14 September 2008 - 07:19 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#166 verdantabyss

verdantabyss
  • Banned
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 11:19 AM

I think Wormtongue is much weaker than he should be - plus it costs 600 to build him but 1000 to respawn him? o_O Although he was never that strong in the films he's pretty much useless currently. Perhaps boost his attack a bit and give him a new spell, Black Speech, which damages units in an area and lowers their armor + attack?

#167 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 24 September 2008 - 06:08 PM

Good idea =)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#168 Grig

Grig
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 05:29 AM

Eowyn and Grima were always too 'nerfed' compared to what they did in the movies. It'll be nice when all the characters are balanced for the next beta

Edited by Grig, 28 September 2008 - 05:01 AM.

The Dark is patient...

The Dark is generous...

And it always wins...

#169 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 27 September 2008 - 08:12 AM

Is that Arwen or Eowyn you refer too? :D

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#170 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,438 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 27 September 2008 - 11:47 AM

Morwen is a fictional character from J. R. R. Tolkien's Middle-earth legendarium. She is featured in The Silmarillion, The Children of Húrin and The Wanderings of Húrin.

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#171 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 27 September 2008 - 05:22 PM

And she's certainly not featured in SEE :D

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#172 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,438 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 27 September 2008 - 05:35 PM

aye

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#173 Gfire

Gfire

Nuju

• Project Team
  • 2,173 posts
  • Projects:Finding My Way
  •  The Perfectionist

Posted 27 September 2008 - 06:01 PM

I don't think Wormtongue should be very good in battle. He really was more of an anti-hero, and should probably be best used against enemy heroes. The problem with that is that he would need to get past the armies to use his specials against the heroes, so he would need some sort of sneaky power to do that. I guess escape would work for that.
Greetings, community.

#174 Grig

Grig
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 04:58 AM

I meant Eowyn - I had a cold when I wrote that

No one's perfect :ninja:

*fixed post*

Edited by Grig, 28 September 2008 - 04:59 AM.

The Dark is patient...

The Dark is generous...

And it always wins...

#175 verd

verd
  • Banned
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 09:14 PM

you know the strongest Isengard Uruk-hai you can build - the ones with the white masks - is it just me or do they act really stupid? you tell them to attack and they seem to be constantly freezing - just standing around doing nothing, or running in the opposite direction - maybe it was just a temporary glitch i was experiencing - i dont play as isengard often - my point is, please take a look at the strongest Uruks because they seem to be quite glitchy :mellow:

Edited by verd, 05 October 2008 - 11:58 AM.

#176 Prince of the Dark Forest

Prince of the Dark Forest
  • Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 09:05 PM

A couple of quick suggestions:

1. I think the button art for the Uruk of Orthanc (the elite uruk unit) should be more drawing-like. It looks too photographic right now and doesn't go with the other button art.

2. In the film, all the Uruk Scouts (in FoTR) had helmets, so can you make all the units in one scout horde wear helmets. I think for unorgansied units (who rely mainly on strenght in numbers) like Mordor orcs or goblins should have varied weapons/armour/helmets etc. But for Uruks of Isengard, they are organised so they should all look uniform. Maybe, you could place the white hand of saruman paint on different parts of their armour to make them look different, but I'd rather have all my Uruks looking the same in terms of weapons/armour...

What do you think?
Ignited into the world in a flash of lightning, it gleams faintly in the heart of its mother, wood. It begins as an ember, a mere wisp of heat and colour. Its chance of survival at this critical moment is minute, yet it fights on, against the unforgiving cold, against the depths of night and against its mortal enemy: rain.

#177 Gfire

Gfire

Nuju

• Project Team
  • 2,173 posts
  •  The Perfectionist

Posted 16 October 2008 - 09:41 PM

I don't think they were all wearing helmets. At least Lurtz wasn't, so some of the others probably weren't either. And Ugluk and some of the others of that troop weren't, either.
Greetings, community.

#178 Prince of the Dark Forest

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 09:44 PM

I don't think they were all wearing helmets. At least Lurtz wasn't, so some of the others probably weren't either. And Ugluk and some of the others of that troop weren't, either.

Well, from what I've seen in the Ambush scenes at the end of FoTR, all the uruk scouts seem to be wearing helmets. I'm only talking about FoTR and Lurtz is a hero so he doesn't where the helmet anyway... :blink: ;)
Ignited into the world in a flash of lightning, it gleams faintly in the heart of its mother, wood. It begins as an ember, a mere wisp of heat and colour. Its chance of survival at this critical moment is minute, yet it fights on, against the unforgiving cold, against the depths of night and against its mortal enemy: rain.

#179 Gfire

Gfire

Nuju

• Project Team
  • 2,173 posts
  •  The Perfectionist

Posted 16 October 2008 - 09:47 PM

Yeah, but it's the same Uruks that have merry and pippin in TT. I remember at least some of them didn't have helmets. I think that like 90% should have helmets or something.
Greetings, community.

#180 Prince of the Dark Forest

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 09:50 PM

Yeah, but it's the same Uruks that have merry and pippin in TT. I remember at least some of them didn't have helmets. I think that like 90% should have helmets or something.

Yeah, I guess your right...

Also, wouldn't it be cool if as the furnace was upgraded, as part of its model, some of the ground near it was tunneled into with like ladders sticking out. Cause in the TT, Isengard had a huge undergound factory thing where all the warriors were spawned and the weapons made. If part of the ground opened up near the furnace and had like red/orange light coming out, it would be awesome...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users