• Please log in to reply
176 replies to this topic

#101 Spointz2020

Spointz2020
  • Members
  • 153 posts
  • Projects:RJ-Rotwk Beta Tester

Posted 05 August 2007 - 10:29 AM

That's what I kinda figured everyone would say ;) I'll let the discussion go on, but start planning how I want to change the leveling system for the heroes. Would you say the overall experience required to get to level 10 is too high? I was first thinking of just going through and making the change between each level a little smoother, where each level takes more xp to get to but the rise is even.

So again, the question I was to add is getting to level 10 just about right? Should I do some things similar to BFME1 (where some hereos start off at a higher level like Aragorn, Gandalf, Saruman, witchking, etc.)?

What would you like to see.

yeah i think rise should be even. i also agree that you should either do things similar to bfme with aragorn gandalf and others, or lower their costs, cause gandalf isnt worth 6k starting at lvl 1.

Sure he is cuz by the time he lvls up (sooner or later) he'll be wasting the other guy out of like 10,000 $$ or more even though he's worth only 5k :)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#102 fehik

fehik
  • Project Team
  • 207 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 10:46 AM

I noticed, that from a certain angle the fire arrows of the dale archers seem to be green. And i think Dwarves are quite OP, a combined horde of phalanxes massacred a quite big army of orcs.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#103 Xingdao Fan

Xingdao Fan

look to the Evening Star!

• Project Team
  • 588 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK (BETA testing)

Posted 05 August 2007 - 09:26 PM

Damn I've been away for a while, I cannot keep track of all the bugs now... I'll have to organize this better next time. ^.^'' damn forum not letting me edit the post.

xingdaofan-1.jpg

#104 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts
  • Projects:Beta Testing RJ-RotWK

Posted 06 August 2007 - 01:23 AM

i hated certain heros startin at lvl 5, or even worse; lvl 10. i think the best part about getting heros is levelin them up as you fight. but they shuld also lvl up gradually, as it is annoyin them jsut stopping at lvl 4, then lvl 7.

"A wizard is never late, nor is he early; he arrives precisely when he means to."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#105 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  Greedy capitalist and cynical bastard.

Posted 06 August 2007 - 12:39 PM

Please keep this thread BUGS AND GLITCHES ONLY! The discussion can be moved to the thread of the particular faction, so it will be nice and clean here.

A small thing I noticed: When Haradrim Stables are upgraded to lvl x, it says 'Upgrade Completed: Haradrim Palace lvl x'
It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#106 Distant

Distant
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 08:43 AM

I didn’t see it listed here so I’ll just put in a brief mention. (Me? Brief?)

When any sort of Men of Dale unit merges with any sort of Dwarf unit, provided that the group which stands in the back of the merged unit has a banner carrier already out, and the group which stands in the front does not, a lone banner carrier of the back race will be left behind as an independent unit with some odd behaviors that I’ve described in greater detail in the Dwarf thread.

#107 fehik

fehik
  • Project Team
  • 207 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 08:52 AM

Sometimes in the main menu the Eye gets that awful red fx which appears for ranger fire arrows too, and in more places in the menu.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#108 Shikari

Shikari

Allons-y!

• Project Team
  • 1,327 posts
  • Projects:RJ - RotWK
  •  2D Art

Posted 11 August 2007 - 08:49 PM

I had a problem today with the goblin fortress building spider holes backwards -
Posted Image

Also my units (playing as isengard) could enter an allied tunnel network (goblins) through the burrow on the fortress, however they are unable to exit.

Another place I found units could sometimes get stuck were on the stairs going up to the walls on the arnor fortress (rjbfme1 revisited maps)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#109 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 August 2007 - 09:59 AM

A game crash occured at Helm's Deep, just after the deeping wall is blown up. 4 mins before Eomers arrival, it happened ionly for the second time. I reported this bug in 1.04 earlier, if you remember.
Fehik

#110 Xingdao Fan

Xingdao Fan

• Project Team
  • 588 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 03:46 PM

Yes, I experienced the same error some weeks ago.

xingdaofan-1.jpg

#111 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts
  • Projects:Beta Testing RJ-RotWK

Posted 15 August 2007 - 04:33 PM

iv noticed this b4 but i dont think iv ever reported it: in bfme1 revisited maps, rohan towers on the walls won't acquire fire arrows after it is bought at the fortress and the smoke after they r bilt never disappears.

"A wizard is never late, nor is he early; he arrives precisely when he means to."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#112 Xingdao Fan

Xingdao Fan

• Project Team
  • 588 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 01:47 PM

We know about the smoke for quite some time, but I never purchase upgrades at the fortress for Rohan (I hate the smoke).

xingdaofan-1.jpg

#113 Shikari

Shikari

Allons-y!

• Project Team
  • 1,327 posts
  • Projects:RJ - RotWK
  •  2D Art

Posted 17 August 2007 - 04:12 PM

Orc Pikemen are really hard to select. You have to click in the exact right spot to achieve this.

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#114 {IP}jimmyman

{IP}jimmyman

The only was one can understand me is by being me.

• Project Team
  • 644 posts
  • Projects:Mapping for RJ_RotWK
  •  freelance mapper/3d modeler in training

Posted 17 August 2007 - 05:14 PM

or you can use the drag n select which works real good
Sig by Serated
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image CLICK THE DRAGONS Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#115 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts
  •  Greedy capitalist and cynical bastard.

Posted 17 August 2007 - 06:08 PM

Yeah that problem occurs with several new models. Just drag & select 'em, I do that always.
It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#116 Crashdoc

Crashdoc
  • Project Team
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 09:51 PM

And what if you're attacking them and have to right click?

Anyway, they need to be fixed.

Rob, if you're reading this, tell me if you want me to fix them real quick and send you the models. Normally one would have to rebind the models and correct the bounding box to fix them, but I hex edit them instead, it's a lot quicker and more reliable.

If someone gives me a list of unit and Rob ask me to do them, I'd be happy to oblige.

Crashdoc

#117 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  •  crazy coder

Posted 17 August 2007 - 10:25 PM

Hey Crashdoc,

That would be great if you could. I'll send you a list of the models that have a problem. Als, if you wouldn't mind letting me know which part of the file you sdjust for the hex edit that would be great, as I'm always trying to learn more and more techniques.

Robert J.

#118 Crashdoc

Crashdoc
  • Project Team
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 12:49 AM

First, if you don't already have it, download the hex editor in the download / software category on the 3rdage.

When you have it, open your model in xvi32 and search for BOUNDINGBOX The first one is the one your looking for, not the last. After it you'll have a couple of cases with zeros (those cases are bytes in case you didn't know). Then you should have 3 non-zero bytes, then another null byte (00 byte). The next 24 bytes are the ones you need to copy from an existing model of the same size as yours.

Keep in mind that every time you edit a model in Renx, the Boundingbox is halve on export, so you might want to correct those models afterwards with the method above.

If you wanna do even more by hex editing the models, also open your model in wdump (can be found in your RenegadePublicTools folder which I assume you have since you're editing models ;) ) This tool can help you figure out what the numbers mean in xvi32 and what to change. The decode number utilities in the Tools menu of xvi32 can also be helpful.

For instance here's what I've been able to do by hex editing:

-Change Forged Blade Colors
-Fix horse binding by exactly copying EA's binding for them
-Fix the Stable bug
-Figure out which bone of a building should be bound to which part
-Add back the fire effect on my custom wildmen axethrowers' torch (I know it's not even used, but I did it anyway)
-Have a perfectly bounded eagle-riding Radagast
-and much more is possible!

What's great about the w3d file format is that there is no CRC and no reference of the location of objects parts in the file, so you can edit a lot without headaches. Keep in mind though, that the objects must be correctly referenced in the index (at the end of the file) and in the right order. The index is not hard to figure out, but it's much easier to simply add the object in Renx, auto-bind, export, and then replace it by copying another similar one in xvi32 without having to edit the index.

If you want to learn more about w3d file format, look at the import script you added for your Renx.

Also, if you want tips or you got questions, add me to your msn (since you already have my email), but please don't share my email with anyone (they can pm me to ask it).

Have fun hex editing! :good:

Crashdoc

Edited by Crashdoc, 18 August 2007 - 12:52 AM.

#119 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  •  crazy coder

Posted 18 August 2007 - 03:20 AM

Thank you, I'll be playing more with hex editing the .w3d files. I'm slowly picking and learning all of the different areas of modding, and this approach is definitely my type of work.

I think my problem was I used the EA orc pikeman model, which does not have a bounding box. That's all right, it gives me the chance. I'll probably practice my binding with them :good: but for a little bit I'll be messing around with the editing.

#120 el kevo

el kevo

title available

• Members
  • 634 posts
  • Projects:Staff at Flameguard's "Game Sector Network"

Posted 18 August 2007 - 04:04 AM

isengard bomb carriers are so slow. yoda and i really wanted to bomb a base but it was so slow and we had to wait for at least 2-3 minutes. but once it got there we blew up the base and it was awesome
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users