#21 Thats me!

Thats me!

Title availble

• Members
  • 653 posts
  • Projects:thinking...:p
  •  not Red :(

Posted 02 August 2007 - 10:50 AM

hey nology5890 i like your idea if it depends damage on weather(if sdk enables that)and i now that this idea came from the Germany tank destroyer from ra2and i said also in another post it shouldn't be effective vs building(read the post the above above your post ) but your ideas are really cool i cant suggest cool ideas as yours ( you are really an idea machine)

#22 Helge129

Helge129

title available

• Project Team
  • 259 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 04:04 PM

I think the resourcing system should be similar to BF: Capturing flags.

fhvfBYy.jpg

#23 Paladin58

Paladin58

I lurk moar...

• Project Team
  • 2,384 posts
  •  Drifting Gun-Toting Liberal, Forum Lurker

Posted 04 August 2007 - 05:10 AM

hey nology5890 i like your idea if it depends damage on weather(if sdk enables that)and i now that this idea came from the Germany tank destroyer from ra2and i said also in another post it shouldn't be effective vs building(read the post the above above your post ) but your ideas are really cool i cant suggest cool ideas as yours ( you are really an idea machine)

Just to be humble, I did take the idea from you a bit, I just expanded it. And, everyone can come up with cool ideas when they put their minds to it! (and I need to stop being an ass when my idea-fountain gets uncorked, lol)

@Helge: Exactly why using the tiberium spike code would be useful in providing a resource pool, as well as something to make people fight over. The areas would need to be invulnerable, though, to prevent unneeded resource starvation.

OLD SIG
When history witnesses a great change Razgriz reveals itself,
first as a dark demon. As a demon it uses it power to rain death upon the land,
and then it dies. However after a period of slumber Razgriz returns
As the demon sleeps, man turns on man.
Its own blood, and madness soon cover the earth.
From the depths of despair awaken the Razgriz.
Its raven wings ablaze in majestic light.
Amidst the eternal waves of time
From a ripple of change shall the storm rise
Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon
Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath
The demon soars through the dark skies
Fear and Death trail its shadow beneath
Until Men united wield a hallowed sabre
In Final Reckoning, the beast is slain.
Razgriz intrerpretation

Posted Image <-This stays up there for you, buddy!

#24 Helge129

Helge129

title available

• Project Team
  • 259 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 03:21 AM

I know that it is possible to script that, if a unit enters a designjated area, a designated object can be captured...then the tiberium spike code would "turn on", even if it is all the time, and give money. The unit construction can be done EXACTELY as in BF too. Kill a unit = unit reapears. Then it shall be possible to make that slowly, the players loose money, if they have less than the half of the flags.

fhvfBYy.jpg

#25 derek328

derek328
  • Hosted
  • 118 posts
  • Projects:Command & Conquer 2142

Posted 05 August 2007 - 12:31 PM

... Then it shall be possible to make that slowly, the players loose money, if they have less than the half of the flags.

Hmmm I don't really get what you mean Helge...

Anyways, as a side note: Remember our current mod plan is that players gain income through ALL captured flags & silos (and killing hostile enemy stuff as another source of income) - they don't lose any money even if they control <50% of the flags/outposts - they simply have a lower income rate. :)

Derek

Edited by derek328, 05 August 2007 - 12:36 PM.

Posted Image Posted Image

#26 Paladin58

Paladin58

I lurk moar...

• Project Team
  • 2,384 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 09:43 PM

Can I also throw in an idea for a structure for income production? Instead of a tiberium refinery, you could have a buildable version of the tiberium spike/flag/whatever it is, but only one is able to be built at a time. And, instead of giving the same amount of cash as the regular, map-specific flags, it will be around half of that, to promote less turtling, as in BF games, turtling = bad.

Also, what he means is that if Player A has 4 flags, while Player B has 3, Player B would lose money. I personally think that's a bit restrictive, but I'm a more conservative player when it comes to RTSs.

OLD SIG
Razgriz intrerpretation

#27 Thats me!

Thats me!

Title availble

• Members
  • 653 posts
  • Projects:thinking...:p
  •  not Red :(

Posted 06 August 2007 - 07:32 PM

well but i think that it is suggested before

#28 Paladin58

Paladin58

I lurk moar...

• Project Team
  • 2,384 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 07:46 PM

Well, then I second the previous notion! :popcorn:

OLD SIG
Razgriz intrerpretation

#29 Guest_Joey Johnatan Maverick Thompson_*

Guest_Joey Johnatan Maverick Thompson_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2007 - 08:14 PM

OK ANYWHO i would like my questions to be answered in the best way as anyone can ...My god im high ;)

ANYWHO

1- If tiberium wont be added..then add minerals..like Gold..iron..silver..if not then add the tiberium spikes or CP's to like 500 credits or 250 cuz 25 credits..wow the fights are gonna be short ...2 infantry..1 tank..tank wins probably but anyways

2- will infantry have models and skins??

3- when u construct a FAV would it only come out with a driver and u would have to reinforce it with 2 engineers to fill the passenger and then the gunner?

4- will snipers be included?

5- how will medics b involved...they couldnt do the revive thing. :sad:

6- will u guys have good models and effects for when units get out of a Gunship or transport ship..like the zipline or jump out and parachute or just lower to the floor...

7- when we call in reinforcements (infantry) make a 2 or 3 transport helis go by and make the troops jump out and use their parachute..that would be a cool thing...

8- will titans be able to attack? like a super laser or missles?

9-will EVERYTHING be modded? like i mean everything not just units but structures and neutral?.

10 (last)- What the hell happens to the Scrin? :p

#30 Helge129

Helge129

title available

• Project Team
  • 259 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 02:14 AM

Welcome to 2142 Mr.Guest :p

I'm derek328, one of the leading mod designers for the mod CnC2142. I shall confirm answers to your questions based on Helge129's post (thanks helge! :p ) :

1- If tiberium wont be added..then add minerals..like Gold..iron..silver..if not then add the tiberium spikes or CP's to like 500 credits or 250 cuz 25 credits..wow the fights are gonna be short ...2 infantry..1 tank..tank wins probably but anyways

Money is gained by capturing flags and anti-titan silos - depending on the game mode you are playing. For more info on the resource collecting aspects, check out our recent FAQ session here : Clicky

Of course. :grin:

3- when u construct a FAV would it only come out with a driver and u would have to reinforce it with 2 engineers to fill the passenger and then the gunner?

For each vehicle that is spawned, a driver is already assigned to it so there would be no need of manually sending troops into the vehicles. However as to passenger bonuses, etc, this will rely on how much flexibility the ModSDK actually brings us. Stay tuned! :)

Yes, snipers will be included - with a range of upgrades too! For more info, please check out our Factions Database here : Clicky

5- how will medics b involved...they couldnt do the revive thing. :dry:

With some tricks, the Revive thing is doable. But it all really comes down to how much flexibility the mod SDK gives us.

6- will u guys have good models and effects for when units get out of a Gunship or transport ship..like the zipline or jump out and parachute or just lower to the floor...

Yes, we will have good models. However we are actually still in need of a few animationists, so if anybody feels like taking up the job - please make sure you give me a PM or leave a post at the Recruitment page!

7- when we call in reinforcements (infantry) make a 2 or 3 transport helis go by and make the troops jump out and use their parachute..that would be a cool thing...

Reinforcements can be called in by either drop pods or parachutings, depending on the action that you took - say if you use the squad reinforcement power - they'll come in pods ; but if you use the airborne ability, troops (of more people) will come in parachutes. :)

The Titan is a heavily armored warship protected by a strong, defensive shield. Equipted with fast-cooling anti-air torrents and devastating, rapid-firing air-to-ground cannons, the Titan warships command the skies and provide highly defensible headuarters for each side's Commander.
For more info, please check out our Factions Database here : Clicky

9-will EVERYTHING be modded? like i mean everything not just units but structures and neutral?.

As it is a total conversion, yes. As a matter of fact, even the maps will be different in CnC2142, and one of them is already complete with terrains and is currently undergoing some tuning and beta testing. Stay tuned for our future updates!

10 (last)- What the hell happens to the Scrin? :sad2:

They won´t be anymore. In BF2142 there ae the EU and the PAC, so no Scrins. (or else its gonna be War of the Worlds 2142 - lol :grin: )

I hope this helps. Thanks again to Helge!

Derek & Helge

Edited by derek328, 08 August 2007 - 02:15 PM.

fhvfBYy.jpg

#31 Guest_Joey...God thats a mouthful_*

Guest_Joey...God thats a mouthful_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 August 2007 - 12:41 AM

Welcome to 2142 Mr.Guest :wub:

I'm derek328, one of the leading mod designers for the mod CnC2142. I shall confirm answers to your questions based on Helge129's post (thanks helge! :p ) :

Money is gained by capturing flags and anti-titan silos - depending on the game mode you are playing. For more info on the resource collecting aspects, check out our recent FAQ session here : Clicky

Of course. ;)

For each vehicle that is spawned, a driver is already assigned to it so there would be no need of manually sending troops into the vehicles. However as to passenger bonuses, etc, this will rely on how much flexibility the ModSDK actually brings us. Stay tuned! :sad:

Yes, snipers will be included - with a range of upgrades too! For more info, please check out our Factions Database here : Clicky

5- how will medics b involved...they couldnt do the revive thing. :wub:

With some tricks, the Revive thing is doable. But it all really comes down to how much flexibility the mod SDK gives us.

Yes, we will have good models. However we are actually still in need of a few animationists, so if anybody feels like taking up the job - please make sure you give me a PM or leave a post at the Recruitment page!

Reinforcements can be called in by either drop pods or parachutings, depending on the action that you took - say if you use the squad reinforcement power - they'll come in pods ; but if you use the airborne ability, troops (of more people) will come in parachutes. :p

The Titan is a heavily armored warship protected by a strong, defensive shield. Equipted with fast-cooling anti-air torrents and devastating, rapid-firing air-to-ground cannons, the Titan warships command the skies and provide highly defensible headuarters for each side's Commander.
For more info, please check out our Factions Database here : Clicky

As it is a total conversion, yes. As a matter of fact, even the maps will be different in CnC2142, and one of them is already complete with terrains and is currently undergoing some tuning and beta testing. Stay tuned for our future updates!

10 (last)- What the hell happens to the Scrin? :xcahik_:

They won´t be anymore. In BF2142 there ae the EU and the PAC, so no Scrins. (or else its gonna be War of the Worlds 2142 - lol :wub: )

I hope this helps. Thanks again to Helge!

Derek & Helge

Anywho... Thank u for the response i might have some more questions if i wasnt so lazy to type..ill see if i have time

#32 Guest_Doku VS Ryu Hyabusa_*

Guest_Doku VS Ryu Hyabusa_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 August 2007 - 02:34 PM

:D :xd: :lol:

Ok i got more questions...

1- biggest question......are u guys going to be sissys and give up if u cant do it or get tried of doing it...like alot of mods out there..??

2-its more of a idea...if for instance your men are being a sandbag or wall..make a animation where u see them hit the wall and take cover...like GoW or BiA Hells highway...and make em invulnerable as long there in cover..depending whos or what is shooting..

3- will animations have crouching shots prone shots and standing shots?

4-i havent played 2142...im more of a BF2 player... are there aircrafts...not hovering ones but constanly moving ones?

5-Will there be Pie and Booze? :lol:

6-if u ever make another mod...then PLEASE make it about BF2 cuz ive wanted to train Abrahms in a RTS for a long time

7-Will there be different Colors of soldiers for instance...in BF2 from that view..if ur assualt..u could be white or black... no offense..but that would add to realism :xd:

8-I got nothing for 8 :dry:

9- Is this almost done or is it like Planets from being done

10- :p :grin: :p

#33 Murderdevil

Murderdevil
  • Members
  • 116 posts
  • Projects:Project Reality
  •  Haikus are peaceful but sometimes they dont make sense : Fridge

Posted 09 August 2007 - 07:51 PM

yay ayay i made an account after 3 unregistered Posts...Which i think i should delete if i couldve
Posted Image

"In the game of Chess never let you oppenent see your pieces" - Zapp Brannigan

#34 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  • Projects:Revora, C&C:Online
  •  Thought Police
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 09 August 2007 - 07:59 PM

What the heck is your problem?
Look, I'll only say it once: if you think you don't need to follow the board rules, you'll be banned pretty soon.

We are somewhat liberal with moderation when it comes to our valued members. However, if you are new and prove to be too stupid to understand the concept of mutual respect at the very beginning, you'll face warns and bans quicker than you can say "fuck" (or add it to your signature).

So, don't spam topics with irrelevant posts (like yours above), don't swear (i.e. change your avatar) and reduce your signature size. Thanks in advance.

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

Sieben Elefanten hatte Herr Dschin
Und da war dann noch der achte.
Sieben waren wild und der achte war zahm
Und der achte war's, der sie bewachte.

#35 derek328

derek328
  • Hosted
  • 118 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 04:44 AM

I totally agree with Dark Lord.

We only allow guest posts just to make it easy for non-CNC3.net members to post comments, questions & ideas. So, stop spamming around the forums. Thanks.

Derek

#36 derek328

derek328
  • Hosted
  • 118 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 04:58 AM

1- biggest question......are u guys going to be sissys and give up if u cant do it or get tried of doing it...like alot of mods out there..??

EA has not issued their CNC3 ModSDK to the community yet, so it is very hard for us to get anything actually going. I'm sure same goes for all other CNC3 modifications. :D

2-its more of a idea...if for instance your men are near a sandbag or wall..make a animation where u see them hit the wall and take cover...like GoW or BiA Hells highway...and make em invulnerable as long there in cover..depending whos or what is shooting..

This is a really good idea, but it will depend on how detailed the animationists make it, and also how much flexibility the ModSDK provides us.

3- will animations have crouching shots prone shots and standing shots?

Probably. It really depends on how detailed the animationists do it, and how much functionality the ModSDK will bring us.

4-i havent played 2142...im more of a BF2 player... are there aircrafts...not hovering ones but constanly moving ones?

The presently available aircrafts include VTOL gunships & air transports, and they also "constantly move around"... :D

7-Will there be different Colors of soldiers for instance...in BF2 from that view..if ur assualt..u could be white or black... no offense..but that would add to realism :umad:

I shall discuss with the rest of the mod team regarding this idea. Thanks.

9- Is this almost done or is it like Planets from being done

More like Planets from being done. But once EA releases the ModSDK, things will go alot smoother. :evgr:

Derek

#37 Paladin58

Paladin58

I lurk moar...

• Project Team
  • 2,384 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 06:19 AM

I think he's talking about the racial aspect of the soldiers when he asks about the "colors of the troops". That'd be quite a lot of detail to go into one unit class for as large a mod as this, methinks. :umad:

Also, with the cover system, I thought this was already implemented in CnC3 (never could tell on 360*, too crappy a TV to see it at the time), so I think they won't hang you out to dry when it comes to that.

*Note: Yeah, I said 360. But, that makes me no less of an idea man, right? :D

OLD SIG
Razgriz intrerpretation

#38 derek328

derek328
  • Hosted
  • 118 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 10:10 AM

I think he's talking about the racial aspect of the soldiers when he asks about the "colors of the troops". That'd be quite a lot of detail to go into one unit class for as large a mod as this, methinks. :umad:

Also, with the cover system, I thought this was already implemented in CnC3 (never could tell on 360*, too crappy a TV to see it at the time), so I think they won't hang you out to dry when it comes to that.

*Note: Yeah, I said 360. But, that makes me no less of an idea man, right? :evgr:

I think at the moment the cover system in CNC3 is only implemented as an animation, so it doesn't really give any gameplay effects, etc. :D I'm not sure whether that's the case in the 360 version though.

btw, everybody refers to it as the 360. nothing weird there. :D

#39 Murderdevil

Murderdevil
  • Members
  • 116 posts
  • Projects:Project Reality
  •  Haikus are peaceful but sometimes they dont make sense : Fridge

Posted 10 August 2007 - 04:40 PM

I got a new idea...

for instance lets say you make a map where u go inside a Bunker.... instead of a sound set where the guy yells.. he whispers as they move thru corridors..u see them moving there arms and giving signals...and then out of nowhere PLA attacks from one side.. your 2 squads of rifle men (assualt) get to some broken debris and are pinned down... so in one squad 2 guys of the 5 get out of the group and move to a flanking position and then they kill the rest while the guys who were pinned take out anyone trying to run.

again another idea... Titans in BF 2142 had gunships and transports aboard the vessel... so wouldnt that mean when u guys make the titan for the mod the titan should be able to construct ships? a mobile airfield basically ;)
Posted Image

"In the game of Chess never let you oppenent see your pieces" - Zapp Brannigan

#40 Helge129

Helge129

title available

• Project Team
  • 259 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 07:25 PM

Ther is no PLA here.

fhvfBYy.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users