Herald of Kane.....

• Division Admins
  • 2,048 posts
  • Projects:Revora, {IP}
  •  Varied
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:PR Admin

Posted 06 August 2007 - 05:17 PM

I think we should add a gondolin map. Here is the best one I played Check it out Minor Lag for me most should have no lag

http://mevault.ign.c...h...etail&id=64
mrbar.jpg
SEE-Team_MapEditor.jpg

#22 Strider

Strider
  • Members
  • 190 posts
  •  Helpful Wanderer

Posted 06 August 2007 - 05:28 PM

Blendor that is the best campaign idea ive ever seen. Beats the hell out the of the EA Made campaign, and it sounds just as fun as the bfme1 campaign.

It works for good, becauce it protects the main points of interest from the Forces of Shadow.

It works for evil because it conquers all the points of interest in Middle earth. Valinor is a stretch though. What if we make Rivendell the final battle, and move the Grey Havens up before Rivendell? I dont mind either way, but I think the Hidden Valley of the Elves would be best for last.

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#23 CapnAstroSponge

CapnAstroSponge

title available

• Members
  • 299 posts
  • Projects:Trolling the S.E.E Boards

Posted 06 August 2007 - 06:04 PM

That's another good idea, Dzhon, but i'm not sure how well that would work.
Posted Image

Never come between a Capn and his..uh..AstroSponge? No, no...Never come between a CapnAstro and his Sponge! Uh.....this doesn't work as well as the other guys names..

I am..

Posted Image

#24 Dzhon

Dzhon
  • Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 06:33 PM

I wish EA had gone ahead with a Last Alliance tutorial mission for BFME1 - one of those nice little touches that got dropped.

If you want to keep the Campaign entirely War of the Ring based, you could have both begin with the First Battle of Osgiliath (seen in the Extended Edition of the Two Towers as a flashback by Faramir). Mordor forces overran the city, but Boromir managed to retake the western half and destroy the bridges. Going by the books, the whole attack was just a diversion to allow the Nine to leave Minas Morgul undetected as they set out for the Shire.

The big question is how much of BFME2's completely uncanonical campaign (pretty much everything west of the Misty Mountains) do you want to preserve? Going by the books and the films, the lands of Eriador (Brie, the Shire, etc.) seemed to have been on Saruman's hit list. Also, does anyone really want to see the Mouth of Sauron and three Wraiths leading Goblins and Dol Goldur forces against Lothlorien, Erebor, etc.? That's not Tolkien and it's not PJ, that's pure EALA...

You could try having Khamul lead the Dol Goldur host (though I think its fairly well established that the Nine were all present at Minas Tirith and the Black Gate). An Easterling hero should command the assaults on Laketown, Dale, and Erebor.

I agree that Rivendell makes for a good final Evil mission.

Edited by Dzhon, 06 August 2007 - 11:06 PM.

Posted Image

#25 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 06 August 2007 - 09:11 PM

Before I comment on anything else, might I ask why you always refer to SEE work as "we" should do this, "we" might do this" what if "we" did this... Since when are you a part of the developement team Strider? :p

What if we make...

Just wondering... :popcorn:

Edited by Nazgûl, 06 August 2007 - 09:19 PM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#26 CapnAstroSponge

CapnAstroSponge

title available

• Members
  • 299 posts
  • Projects:Trolling the S.E.E Boards

Posted 06 August 2007 - 10:59 PM

It could be because everyone on the boards has some contribution in some small way, considering we all either come up with ideas(me, Strider, Dzhon, etc.) or put ideas into action(You, Sul, etc.).
Posted Image

Never come between a Capn and his..uh..AstroSponge? No, no...Never come between a CapnAstro and his Sponge! Uh.....this doesn't work as well as the other guys names..

I am..

Posted Image

#27 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 06 August 2007 - 11:06 PM

I think we should add a gondolin map. Here is the best one I played Check it out Minor Lag for me most should have no lag

http://mevault.ign.c...h...etail&id=64

...Gondolin?

Wasn't Gondolin and the land it stood in destroyed quite a few millenia before the game takes place? I mean, sure, you can have heroes that have been dead for some years, but you wouldnt add Turin either, would ya? :popcorn:

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#28 The Best Guest

The Best Guest

Herald of Kane.....

• Division Admins
  • 2,048 posts
  •  Varied

Posted 06 August 2007 - 11:54 PM

It does not add any heroes but Glorfindal and gladrial but oh well :popcorn:
mrbar.jpg
SEE-Team_MapEditor.jpg

#29 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 07 August 2007 - 12:41 AM

Missed my point there...

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#30 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 07 August 2007 - 01:06 AM

I ahve to agree with Matias here ;) Doing some cheating with units is something we "unfortionately" need if we want "familiar faces" in this mod. But we can easily avoid places that are destroyed since there are a vast number of places to choose from to put in the campaign. And I'd like to follow the movies as closely as possible (god I'm nagging about this all the time :p) and that place was not in there =) SO might as well avoid it.

Btw, how many maps can be in the campaign mode? Someone told my 13 is a maximum number? Anyone know if that's true?

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

#31 Downfall

Downfall

Scenarist

• Members
  • 356 posts
  •  There is one?

Posted 07 August 2007 - 03:23 PM

Good Campaign

1. The Last Alliance battle (new map)
2. Mines of Moria (bfme1 map)
3. Defense Rivendel (bfme2 map)
4. Battle of Amon Hen (bfme1 map)
5. Battle of Ettenmoors (bfme2 map)
6. Battle of Helms Deep (bfme1 map)
7. Battle of Ithilien (bfme1 map)
8. Battle of Celduin (bfme2 map)
9. Battle of Osgilliath (bfme1 map)
10. Battle of Erebor (bfme2 map)
11. Battle of Minas Tirith (bfme1)
12. Battle of Dol Guldur
13. Battle of the Black Gate (bfme1)

Not a bad idea for the Good Campaign. It's out of order timeline wise, but not a bad set of missions. Some we could do without, and some might need to be reworked to fit the game better.
"Human beings make strange fauna and flora. From a distance they appear negligible; up close they are apt to appear ugly and malicious."
Henry Miller, Tropic of Cancer

Posted Image

Posted Image

#32 Strider

Strider
  • Members
  • 190 posts
  •  Helpful Wanderer

Posted 07 August 2007 - 06:55 PM

Before I comment on anything else, might I ask why you always refer to SEE work as "we" should do this, "we" might do this" what if "we" did this... Since when are you a part of the developement team Strider? ;)

What if we make...

Just wondering... :p

I have neither asked nor been offered to be on the delopment team.

It could be because everyone on the boards has some contribution in some small way, considering we all either come up with ideas(me, Strider, Dzhon, etc.) or put ideas into action(You, Sul, etc.).

Make sence? We is the natural word to use. It comes out without thought. PLus it sounds alot nicer then "You do this" or "you make this" or whatever.

Edited by Strider, 07 August 2007 - 06:56 PM.

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#33 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 12 August 2007 - 03:32 PM

and never call steve campen's maps lame...

------

Whoa! That's not Steve's map, it's EA's. He made one little change to it, removing a Beacon and replacing it with an Inn. I'm sure if he had ever built a Bree map, it would've been great. But he didn't... :p

Anyway, better to skip a playable Bree mission than to use that map.

I've know Steve (HEL) for two years via MEV and RTSC. He's left BFME mapping, unfortunately. m@tt from Rhovanion Alliance tried to bring him onboard, but I think Steve declined.

Actually he lost his BFME disc :cool: He would have loved to help us out.

If you can contact him, I'm sure he'll let you use his maps, even just for skirmish mode. And if you ask Joker17 nicely, you can use all MEV maps if you want. Once submitted, they become MEV's property.

And for the people listing stuff, try not to choose too many hero battles, like all the stuff leading up to Moria. One is useful for getting use to the game without having to micro-manage, more than one gets boring as there's only so much you can do.

And Gondolin, as a 1st fortress which is now both destroyed and under the sea, shouldn't be included (especially not in a campaign), IMO.

Basically, a mix of WOTR in North and South should do fine. Have all the major battles, plus a few others. However, you then have the problem (for Good anyway) that most battles (Helms Deep, Minas Tirith, Esgaroth, Dale, Erebor, Battle under the Trees, Lorien) are fortress defence missions, which could be a bit samey. So focus on lore and balance IMO.
Posted Image

#34 Dzhon

Dzhon
  • Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 03:58 PM

Actually he lost his BFME disc :p He would have loved to help us out.

Shoot. BFME only costs $10 nowadays. Heck, I'd buy him a new copy if it meant having him on RA.

Agreed on limiting the Hero/RPG missions. What would a Shire or Old Forest scenario play out like? The only thing I could see working is if the Fellowship were AI controlled and you had to aid in their passing (Dunedain Rangers repelling an Orc raid on the Shire, Glorfindel and the sons of Elrond hunting baddies in the Wild, etc.) The movie missions (Moria, Amon Hen, etc.) seem to be balanced around having the Fellowship heroes at low levels, so allowing them to level up earlier will cause complications. Boromir is an exception since he doesn't gain any great high level powers, so you could have an early Osgiliath mission with him and Faramir.

Edited by Dzhon, 12 August 2007 - 04:19 PM.

Posted Image

#35 The Best Guest

The Best Guest

Herald of Kane.....

• Division Admins
  • 2,048 posts
  •  Varied

Posted 12 August 2007 - 04:18 PM

If we could get ahold of him and have him map S.E.E. would have the best maps :p
mrbar.jpg
SEE-Team_MapEditor.jpg

#36 Guest_BalrogSlayer123_*

Guest_BalrogSlayer123_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 August 2007 - 01:33 AM

Maybe an extra campaign could be for the Quest of Erebor from The Hobbit. ;)
You know when Bilbo some dwarves go to retake The Lonely Mountain frm Smaug the Golden.
It would be awesome. You would play some maps as Bilbo and the dwarves, such as, the part where the 3 trolls are turned to stone, the Misty Mountains, Mirkwood, and the entrance to Erebor. Then play as then play as the men of Dale and kill Smaug. Then you control the men of Dale, the elves of Mirkwood, and the dwarves of the Iron Hills in The Battle of 5 Armies. It would be sweet! :mellow:

#37 Hobbit Hunter

Hobbit Hunter
  • Members
  • 96 posts
  • Projects:none

Posted 13 August 2007 - 11:08 AM

Only a few problems with that idea Balrog.
How would you make fighting the three trolls interesting my idea of a campaign
isnt. Say alive until dawn and gandalf re-appearing. :mellow:
Ok the spider part would be good but fighting smaug wouldnt be that great.
The only good bit would be the battle of 5 armies
Posted Image
Dont get between a Hobbit and his Hunter, guess where the arrow is gonna hit?

#38 Guest_BalrogSlayer123_*

Guest_BalrogSlayer123_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 August 2007 - 01:16 PM

Well, the whole level would not be just about about fighting the trolls or killing Smaug, there would be other made-up objectives as well. Maybe even some made up missions could be added that aren't in the book. :good:

#39 Hobbit Hunter

Hobbit Hunter
  • Members
  • 96 posts
  • Projects:none

Posted 13 August 2007 - 02:15 PM

:good:
Posted Image
Dont get between a Hobbit and his Hunter, guess where the arrow is gonna hit?

#40 Guest_BalrogSlayer123_*

Guest_BalrogSlayer123_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 August 2007 - 02:38 PM

I'm sure a ton of people want to kill Smaug. Who doesn't? :good:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users