• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#121 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 10:06 PM

The legal concerns are interesting. Overall I consider it minor, we are a small mod in a shrinking community. Once the film is out, and people own copies of it,  I dont think there will be any issues with collecting clips of character voices. Ive already started pulling from the hobbit films, smaug and legolas. we are also going to pull audio from the films for every character, and scrap the EA voices who arent the actors. it isnt like the content is being showcased across the internet.

NAZ has endorsed all the audio so far.

#122 Elite KryPtik

Elite KryPtik
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 08:51 AM

I agree, I doubt there would be legal issues, I was surprised that Mathjis was concerned to be honest. However he is the big guy around here so I figured if he was worried that he had reason to be.

#123 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 08:17 PM

Well he has some right to be concerned. However its usually the big companies with large properties that get all huffy puffy. Examples would be FOX and their alien and predator licences, or Disney with star wars. Lord of the rings and the hobbit has the potential, but as some have said above itd be more likely to be an issue if an actual game similar to bfme was coming out. Mods that are made for properties of the same name usually are allowed to proceed.

#124 Elite KryPtik

Elite KryPtik
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 11:58 AM

So is this confirmation that you are gonna take Billy Connoly as dain and update the dwarven phalanx? :D

#125 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 11:20 PM

Most likely. Though Naz could say no and we go that route.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users