575 replies to this topic

#481 Crusader

Crusader

Prefessional Mercenary

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  Jack of all trades

Posted 24 March 2008 - 04:47 PM

Damn, now I watched the episode...................

.......I cant really say much. So the shit had guns in the first place, tons of them, and never bothered using any of it?

Damn, Patrick is dead. Well, he technically did kind of had a rivalry with Tieria, since they were always fighting eachother and going eachother, and Patrick has survived so many times it was a bit weird. Looks like Sarshes is dead, but it wasnt exactly confirmed so he could come back somehow, I dunno.

But yeah, everyone's still alive, not sure how though.

The new guy is Lelouch's brother? WHAT!?!?!
{SNIP -Mastermind}
So many animes, so little time............

Currently taken over SG's role as the master of Lolis. lol

#482 Dark Lord Revan

Dark Lord Revan

Resident Dark Lord

• Members
  • 805 posts
  •  Whiney Troublemaker XD

Posted 24 March 2008 - 08:16 PM

it just means ali is either really 6 feet under, or that he'll only come back in the second season.

And im quite sure the ship didnt have weapons, looks like they recently rigged up some.
This post is now diamonds, DERP

USS Seraphim-NCC-94283 (Majestic-class Assault Battlecrusier)
VICE ADMIRAL Revek of Vulcan
2nd Executive Flag Officer, Task Force Tactical - Alpha Squadron, IV Fleet - (Singapore) RETIRED, to "Ornery Senior Advisor"
"Strike First, Strike Cold, Strike Fast"

#483 Crusader

Crusader

Prefessional Mercenary

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  Jack of all trades

Posted 24 March 2008 - 10:08 PM

Nah, by the looks of this those weapons have always been there, the Gundams' *Combat Containers* looks like ther were the same ones the whole time, which had twin GN Cannons and Missile Launchers. Since there're usually 4 attached to the ship, that means there are 8 of each on the ship, making a pretty impressive arsenal.
{SNIP -Mastermind}

#484 Dark Lord Revan

Dark Lord Revan

Resident Dark Lord

• Members
  • 805 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 09:39 AM

The problem is that i cant find any source saying its armed, in either english or japanese.

2nd Executive Flag Officer, Task Force Tactical - Alpha Squadron, IV Fleet - (Singapore) RETIRED, to "Ornery Senior Advisor"

#485 Sykes

Sykes

title available

• Project Team
  • 385 posts
  • Projects:Gundam Legacy

Posted 25 March 2008 - 03:13 PM

"The assault container, with its GN missles and all kinds of built-in firepower, functions as is as the Ptolemaios' armament. In particular, the large GN cannon on the top, operational even when connected to the assault container, becomes the Ptolemaios' main armament."

Straight from Gunota. It also went on to say that it doesnt have its own GN drive so without a gundam it can't operate. So im assuming that the Dynames' GN drive was providing the power to use the weapons. That would answer the question as to why they were never used before.

Edited by Sykes, 25 March 2008 - 03:14 PM.

Posted Image

#486 Freedom06

Freedom06
  • Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 06:26 PM

Patrick's always been the comic relief, that's why I liked him so much.

what? did you think my obviously sarcastic posts of "Patrick is best eva!" were't sarcasm?

No... I really couldn't. I actually thought that you were serious when you said he was the best >.>

#487 Crusader

Crusader

Prefessional Mercenary

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  Jack of all trades

Posted 25 March 2008 - 06:28 PM

Hmm good point, which is why usually there are at least two Gundams docked in the ship, so it could move around. But still, it does have stored energy.

Not only that, doesnt the missiles already have energy stored in them? since they're missiles? hmm.........

But yeah, that does make alot more sense I suppose.
{SNIP -Mastermind}

#488 Dark Lord Revan

Dark Lord Revan

Resident Dark Lord

• Members
  • 805 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 01:56 PM

Yeah so...the ship itself isnt really armed. Happy to know im not wrong then.

And regarding

Patrick's always been the comic relief, that's why I liked him so much.

what? did you think my obviously sarcastic posts of "Patrick is best eva!" were't sarcasm?

...well, you did sound like you curled up and died when he bought it. Im not happy or unhappy that he's dead either way, for example...just abit surprised.

I think having a gundam on board all the time is just coincidence, or maybe its just safer. Sometimes around the beginning of the series the ship operated independently for at least some time, it thing must have large capacitors or whatever it uses to store GN particles. If it couldnt operate for a certain amount of time without the gundams, it becomes pretty nonsensical since its closer to the gundams supporting it rather than the other way round.

#489 Crusader

Crusader

Prefessional Mercenary

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  Jack of all trades

Posted 26 March 2008 - 02:47 PM

actually that is how it goes lol.

The ship is basically a base of operations for CB, not really a battleship or support ship.

The ship supports strategically, not physically. The ship stores large amounts of GN particles, but it also doesnt move too much when all 4 Gundams are in operation, it mostly just stays still somewhere. since in the beginning no one knew about the ship.
{SNIP -Mastermind}

#490 Infinity238

Infinity238

Gundam Legacy MoD Leader

• Hosted
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 02:32 AM

I wonder If they are going to use the Trinity mothership now, as I am pritty sure that Ptolomy is beyond repair at this point.

Posted Image
-Metallica's next album will rule the world.

My Blog, My Deviant Art page, My Youtube

#491 Infinity238

Infinity238

Gundam Legacy MoD Leader

• Hosted
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 05:17 AM

Posted Image

Plug... :wink_new:

Posted Image
-Metallica's next album will rule the world.

My Blog, My Deviant Art page, My Youtube

#492 Crusader

Crusader

Prefessional Mercenary

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  Jack of all trades

Posted 27 March 2008 - 05:41 AM

Nice, haha make that a hidden unit for our mod? lol
{SNIP -Mastermind}

#493 Stargazer

Stargazer

Usurper

• Hosted
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 06:12 AM

No! Easter Egg which we give to Kaworu for the last battle.

Acting leader of the Gundam Legacy mod team.
Posted Image
We are always looking for new members! PM me if you are interested in helping!

#494 Crusader

Crusader

Prefessional Mercenary

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  Jack of all trades

Posted 27 March 2008 - 03:36 PM

Good idea lol.
{SNIP -Mastermind}

#495 Dark Lord Revan

Dark Lord Revan

Resident Dark Lord

• Members
  • 805 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 01:54 AM

Holy friggin' shit...you have a wip already?

Plotemy is a pretty weird...uh...thing. But it fills up a role in a non-traditional military organization i guess. I think it can be repaired though. All i see is a hollowed out bridge and some moderate hull breaches. And a missing container i think?

#496 Stargazer

Stargazer

Usurper

• Hosted
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 02:11 AM

PATRICK LIVES!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Confirmed in official files.

Acting leader of the Gundam Legacy mod team.
Posted Image
We are always looking for new members! PM me if you are interested in helping!

#497 Crusader

Crusader

Prefessional Mercenary

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  Jack of all trades

Posted 28 March 2008 - 05:26 AM

Haha, go figure, I knew he'd pull through, kinda.

His luck says it all, and there was not enough developement on him yet. Also, when you think about it, they cant just go off killing one of the three faction's main aces, though Patrick's 'Ace' rank is debateable lol.

Nah, that ship is pretty fucked up, MAJOR Hull breaches, one container destroyed, one gone somehow, left main engine is incapacitated, whole right side's outer area is gone, since they lost the medical bay. bridge is hollowed out, then blew up afterwards.

When a ship's bridge gets blown up, it's over for it, pretty much, since that's the most important part. repairing that is pretty much impossible, since you need to reconnect everything to it, and everything blowing up means bad for that concept.

haha, CB takes their one remaining container and leftover gundam parts and joins up with the Throne leftovers? could happen, they give Neena a real Furnace and start over from there? the Throne ship can hold 3 Gundams, and the extra one can be put in the container. Problem solved perfectly.

I pray to God I was wrong about that last part. Seriously, that would be terrible.
{SNIP -Mastermind}

#498 Dark Lord Revan

Dark Lord Revan

Resident Dark Lord

• Members
  • 805 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 02:29 AM

There jhave been real life ships that have taken even more damage...the aircraft carrier Yorktown in WWII for example. Blasted bridge, major hull damage, half blasted engine room, half the lower flight deck gone...they still got it ready for the next operation in time by some miracle though...

My point is, plotemy hasnt bought it yet. Just tow it back. And its anime...anything (almost) can happen.

Oh shoot...i really though patrick bought it...guess we still have have to tolerate his antics then, haha.

#499 CorSec

CorSec
  • Members
  • 39 posts
  • Projects:Mobile Suit Salvation Team (story i'm working on, msg if you wanna try to read it)

Posted 29 March 2008 - 05:28 AM

Well after having the stomach to go back and watch that "wonderful" episode (and i put it loosely), Patrick should have survived. Somehow Tierra's shot blew up the upper torso....except what i think is the cockpit that was still attached to the legs. If that's true Patrick has the luck of the gods. Congratulations Stargazer... your god should still be alive.

Edited by CorSec, 29 March 2008 - 05:30 AM.

"With the real life or death stakes i'm used to in my line of work, poker is nothing more than child's play."- Saito
Posted Image

#500 Crusader

Crusader

Prefessional Mercenary

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  Jack of all trades

Posted 29 March 2008 - 05:53 AM

Well WWII Tech wasnt as advanced as the stuff here, it's like: Look, Broken pipes, well we can patch that right up.

Here, Blown up bridge, ummmmm, which wire does this go again? ahhh shit.

Also, in space, things are a bit more difficult, but easier in other views. Still, that thing is pretty screwed up. Where are they going to get the parts to fix it anyways? their main facility is mostly for the Gundams, and that's just spare parts and so on, as we've seen, they didnt even have any replacement plates for Virtue, so what chances are there that they can still repair a ship?
{SNIP -Mastermind}

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users