#141 av8r

av8r

SEE Support Mgr

• Project Team
  • 489 posts
  • Projects:SEE

Posted 02 January 2009 - 02:16 PM

Also i did this with CAH turned off all the time

I didn't reply to this because this was covered earlier in this thread; the Saved Game Bug does not not happen when you have CaH turned OFF.

With CaH turned OFF, you can build/not build/in process of building structures, exit and save and restart with no problem to your hearts content. The problem arises when the CaH is ON. Re-read this thread and you'll see. :D

Now, if you are having trouble restarting saved games where you have completed building structures with CaH turned OFF, then you have a personal game-play issue that is not related to this thread :thumbsupsmiley:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#142 Nothingness

Nothingness
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 05:43 PM

thats odd because i never have had CAH on when playing bfme 2 with SEE and i still sometimes got crashes. this was before the construction theory i saw. Also i thought Nazgul said something about the crash still being their with his testing. Its just a thought but what if theirs something wrong with the coding with building construction. When you save a game with a building under construction and then try to load it, the code for the building under construction doesnt load or wasnt saved. It could have been broken during the save. Im not familiar with how bfme coding works so this is just something i considered. Hope you solve the bug soon!
Posted Image

Posted Image

#143 av8r

av8r

SEE Support Mgr

• Project Team
  • 489 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 06:47 PM

Then the problem is in your game then, if its not playing saved games. I also think the buildings do save mid-construction, IIRC so might check it out again.

Also if you haven't done so, re-read this entire thread and the game crash thread, also pinned under the support section.

But in any case, you might read back through the entire thread if you haven't done so already.

I am not familiar with the quote you credited to Naz, I may have missed that post, so if you have a link, that would be great.

So far as this "bug" is concerned, turning off CaH has resolved it. If beta testers are successfully opening saved games where structures have been completed (which they are) then you might check your game install by reviewing the Install Guide pinned under Support as well.

Let us know any future, findings, thanks!!

Edited by av8r, 02 January 2009 - 06:48 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#144 Nothingness

Nothingness
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 07:55 PM

No it doesn't... I still get the crashes, with or without CaH :(

just to make sure i understood your reply im talking about saving while a building is still being built. other than that my game with SEE works fine. i can load games so long as nothing is being built during the time i saved. sorry if my info hasnt of been of any use. Just trying to help. :thumbsupsmiley:
Posted Image

Posted Image

#145 av8r

av8r

SEE Support Mgr

• Project Team
  • 489 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 11:07 PM

More than glad you took the time to post, would rather know of a possible issue than not, you know?

I will have to test mine, but IIRC I am able to save games when something is being built and then restart that same saved game.

When you find you cant restart a game that was saved when something was being built, who was doing the building (AI? Faction?), or does it matter? I seem to recall something along these lines quite some time ago but cant recall the fix, and I think it was when I first started playing SEE. Hmm. Did you patch BFMEII to v1.06 ?
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#146 Nothingness

Nothingness
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 01:05 AM

it happened when i was still building something and with another game it was the AI building, not me. I guess it can go either way. Also I do have the patch 1.06. If other players can load games with buildings under construction that rules out my theory anyway. Sorry to have wasted your time. :thumbsupsmiley:
Posted Image

Posted Image

#147 av8r

av8r

SEE Support Mgr

• Project Team
  • 489 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 01:11 AM

NOT a waste of time, thanks for at least bringing it up!
I will take a look at past threads and see if it was posted at some point, seems I recall it had been. Will do that this weekend and let you know

Any ideas, suggestions, bugs...anything dont hesitate to post in their respective thread, you seem fairly alert to the gameplay

Thanks for registering and posting.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#148 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 03 January 2009 - 04:30 PM

I'm confused! I have no idea where you got the impression that this bug is solved av8tr!? :p
It is not! I just tried it once again... same thing. With or without CaH enabled - I get black screen. I saved the game directly as it commenced. Nothing built or being built, still crashed... :(((

We need to test this in all ways possible... all factions, with and without AI players, with and without CaH, and all combanations possible... I dunno, but I dont have high hopes for this bug

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#149 av8r

av8r

SEE Support Mgr

• Project Team
  • 489 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 08:27 PM

Hi Naz:
Well I guess I am not sure now what it is your referring to: if this is starting a SEE skirmish game, quitting and saving, and restarting that same saved game...it works for me. At least thats what I am referring to.
If it is WoTR then this was already put to bed some time ago, as Sul stated that SEE does not support WoTR; I posted a reply to a thread a few days ago in this Support forum with several links to quotes where it was said WoTR does not work in SEE.

So when this thread was revived the other day, I was looking at it like the poster was having trouble with his install in skirmish, I didnt think it would be wotr since that was dealt with when it was said the coding is usable.

Is that more along the lines of this posters error?

Edited by av8r, 03 January 2009 - 08:30 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#150 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 04 January 2009 - 11:17 AM

Ok, I can see where the confusion comes from. I have aparently not posted my latest crashes here... and this have been working before, but it does no longer. So the bug is still there... I'm sorry to say.
Let's review some things...

Well, then the solution could be to wipe your profiles clean (meaning, delete your profiles), then start the standard game fresh, make a new profile and, just to be sure, start up see and make a new SEE-profile. Or somesuch... :D

This doesn't work...

One idea. Try resetting your grafic settings before EVERY game. And when i mean resetting, i mean exactly like this:
Go to custom settings. Do NOT use the top line 'set everything' settings, but manually adjust the seperate settings. Do it UNTIL you have gotten the message that the settings may be too high for your machine and press okay. Then you can reset to whatever you wish, but still DO NOT use the top line 'set everything' settings.
After this start a game, save it, then go back and reload it.

This doesn't work...

I tried last night with 5 saved games... No CaH... no crash!

That was true back then. I have it no though... with or without CaH!

@LJ... I think it was your map. I've had 0% on the last 10-12 tries I made since I moved to ' -mod "E\SEE" ' and never use CaH =)

Again: won't work permanently... :(

Hey guys, I've unchecked the CaH option before playing skirmish and I'm getting this error when attempting to load a saved game. Still happened after deleting a custom hero I made under previous version too.
So, there you go....

Yeah, same here...

ive unchecked the CAHs and that fixed worked great for a while. now ive got save errors again. i have no idea why. they were both on custom maps so that might have somethin to do with it. im gonna go see if i can load a saved game on a non custom map

Same here... It DID work, but does no longer!

No it doesn't... I still get the crashes, with or without CaH :(

Here's where I should have said: "I get the crashes too", without any "still" =p

That wont do it either... This bug might never be solved I'm sorry to say. And it will be the greatest setback and lack of/in SEE :(
@WotR: It's not supported. SEE is SKIRMISH only! As said all over... =p

I have ALWAYS pointed out that WotR isn't supported by SEE, and it never have been. Not even before Sul joined or anyone else. SEE is SKIRMISH - only!

Ergo: Saved games Bug still remains, and so does the mystery ;)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#151 av8r

av8r

SEE Support Mgr

• Project Team
  • 489 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 04:29 PM

Thanks Naz!

I guess from my thoughts, since SEE does not support WoTR, I didnt consider it a "bug", per se'. (Can't have a bug in what doesn't work in the first place, in other words). So once that was established, I thought this was closed

However, would you like testing or investigating into why, to narrow it down so maybe it can be corrected in the code? Thats where I thought it was said by (Sul?) that the coding to make SEE work in WoTR was not possible, so I haven't done anything more with it

I am checking on my game pc, but so far I am able to

Restart Saved skirmish games (v4.5 - CaH OFF, RingHero ON)

Restart Saved skirmish games (v4.5 - CaH OFF, RH OFF)

WoTR doesn't even play and save, so there's no testing that. It plays, but you lose everything if you try to battle realtime. You can battle on the map and not enter real time, and save and restart. But thats no fun.

Also in the above, I saved a game while a structure was in process of being built, and that saved game restarted fine.

And now, interestingly, I have a new problem similar to you! Before this topic got revived, I was able to restart saved beta skirmishes (v4.6d) with no problem, CaH and RH OFF.

But now, I am unable to :mellow:

So...scratching head. ;)

I don't know why it has started doing this. But we were able to restart saved Beta skirmishes before...

I should also mention that we normally play with Ring Heroes ON, but we dont build them. we just like to kill Gollum multiple times :lol:

Hope this helps and that I am understanding all this correctly

let me know what your thoughts are, and if you want any testing done along the lines of anything mentioned above...

sorry for the long post, just wanting to get this all squared away successfully
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#152 Tharnil

Tharnil
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 10:43 PM

I just tested a custom map in 4.5. Collectors Edition of the game. No computer opponents. CAH enabled but no CAH built. Ring heroes enabled, but no gollum on map.
Saved the game in the midst of building two slaughter houses and a mumakil pen.
Exited and loaded game and game commenced with building.

Built CAH, saved, and reloaded and game crashed.
By the way, my CAH stats got wiped clean when the crash occurred. That never happens to me with the vanilla version collectors edition or regular edition.

#153 av8r

av8r

SEE Support Mgr

• Project Team
  • 489 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 11:09 PM

@Tharnil: Custom map? One of your own, or one that was added as part of SEE that wasnt in the vanilla BFEMII?
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#154 Tharnil

Tharnil
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 01:04 AM

Custom map that someone made.

I repeated the test with stock map Grey Havens. Same results.

I did find, however, that merely saving the game in SEE without building a CAH will wipe my CAH stats.

I then built a CAH (with the wiped stats), saved and reloaded and this time got a crash window that said Visual C++ error.
I tried to reload again and then got the old "unable to load saved game" error

#155 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 05 January 2009 - 03:13 PM

Yeah, hm...
It SEEMS like we can establish a few things:

1) The crash ALWAYS happens in Beta 4.6d (4.7), but
2) the crash was not especially frequent in Beta 4.5 (the current official rel)

Ergo: The crash bug has increased for this next beta :( and something done since 4.5 has made it so...

3) The crash SEEMS to be related to the CaH, but removing CaH in current WiP (Beta 4.7) won't help (anylonger)

= We might have to realize that me might never solve this bug...

And once more, to all Players and BTs:
Forget EVERYTHING that has to do with Campaign and WotR!

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#156 Skipper 24

Skipper 24
  • Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 06:14 PM

I haven't used CAH but in my 2 recent skirmishes I get failed to load errors. I think it could be caused by having a lot of units on the map for example currently i am playing a 2 team map with 4 armies which I think my be the cause. Has anyone had similar loading errors to mine?
Posted Image

#157 Krigsmjoed

Krigsmjoed
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 01:56 AM

First: I must admit I haven't read fully through all eight-pages of this discussion, so this may have been discussed and I missed it, but: I started getting the saved game error when trying to load a Skirmish from a non-SEE custom map. I was able to exit to the Select Map screen and start a saved SEE game only to have the game crash when the battlefield was loaded. Also, I had recently built a CaH and played with CaH enabled but not selected.

I attempted to run BfMeII without the SEE mod, and got the same result.

As a guess-fix, I removed all non-SEE custom maps (I seem to recall a post somewhere saying they were not supported, but that may have been in an earlier SEE version, or something completely different altogether), restarted the game using the SEE mod, deleted all CaH's and non-SEE map Skirmish save files. I have loaded a Dunharrow skirmish three times since these actions, and have had no crashes or saved game errors. Time has yet to permit my checking if other maps and SEE Skirmish saves work.

I hope this is, in some way or other, helpful.

UPDATE:
I have continued playing SEE over the past few days, starting new Skirmishes, saving, exiting to desktop and restarting a given saved skirmish with no problems with a Save Game Bug. CaH is still turned on, though no custom heroes are created or used; no custom/non-SEE maps are in use.

Edited by Krigsmjoed, 27 February 2009 - 09:03 PM.

-Krigsmjöd

Posted Image

#158 charlie

charlie
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 10:04 PM

Ok just started another WOTR gamemode, savegame didn't work again though, same error.

But has this error occured in previous versions of the SEE Mod as well, or is it inherent only to 4.5?

Yes I had trouble in the older versions including the new one. It does the same thing yours does. They really need to fix it because its a major problem.
Posted Image

#159 looxis

looxis
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 02:53 PM

i had this problem too.after i deleted my cah and locked cah hero symbol in directory now there is no any problem.i can save 3000 cp game even.

#160 Arthadan

Arthadan
  • Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 06:19 AM

I think the team said this bug will be fixed in the next version. Am I wrong?
Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users