#401 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 09:57 PM

A little update:
Posted Image

This ones actually turning out better than the last attempt. The prior version I did had one level of walls that overlapped heavily to get the right size and shape, it didnt look right because of that. This version has no overlapping wall segments.

#402 khamulrulz

khamulrulz

title available

• Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 10:02 PM

wow. that is just amazing. i can't wait to build trebuchets and archers on that highest level!

just a question though: will there be more buildings on the upper levels, and can the "citadel" where you spawn heroes and builders be moved to the actual citadel on the 7th level?

Edited by khamulrulz, 10 November 2009 - 10:10 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#403 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 10 November 2009 - 10:15 PM

I'm fairly certain that NJM will add the same amount of detail to each and every level... it's just the way he works, and that's why we love him! :crazed:

@NJM: There you go... not all bad things are all bad, so to speak. The loss of the previous version actually came with something good - this! ;)
It would be cool to mobilize the heroes from the actual 7th level indeed. Even if it would take them like 20 mins to reach the Pellenor... hehe

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#404 Prince of the Dark Forest

Prince of the Dark Forest
  • Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 10:17 PM

Looks great... Just need to add asscessibility to the higher levels and add a few buildings. The lowest level looks awesome. The buildings, roads, everything is just awesome. :crazed:
Ignited into the world in a flash of lightning, it gleams faintly in the heart of its mother, wood. It begins as an ember, a mere wisp of heat and colour. Its chance of survival at this critical moment is minute, yet it fights on, against the unforgiving cold, against the depths of night and against its mortal enemy: rain.

#405 yams in a can

yams in a can

Friend of the Right Side

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 12:17 AM

Seriously man, you are an amazing mapper. Hey, is that map in the History of Ages mod, because I saw a minas Tirith map almost just like that. I can't wait to see the trebutchets (new ones) in that map.

Posted Image
To the professor, John Ronald Reuel Tolkien.

Posted Image
Posted Image

-yams in a can

#406 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 11 November 2009 - 12:23 AM

I'd like to talk to the team behind that mod... where can I find them?

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#407 yams in a can

yams in a can

Friend of the Right Side

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 12:43 AM

Moddb, right here . Are you going to scream at them :crazed:

Posted Image
To the professor, John Ronald Reuel Tolkien.

Posted Image
Posted Image

-yams in a can

#408 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 01:02 AM

Well everyone can relax... as far as I can tell it isnt my map. no where near. so no worries. :crazed:

#409 Ring o' Fate

Ring o' Fate

The Ghost.

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts
  • Projects:Trying to find meaning...
  •  The guy that is just a ghost.

Posted 11 November 2009 - 01:48 AM

Jesus, Naz, you and Yams are BLIND. Look at the pillar for example. Their version and NJM's version ARE DIFFERENT. Technically, NJM's isn't even COMPLETE!!!!

Oh, and NJM, you have a gap in the wall in the 3rd level. :crazed:
A changed man is only the same man with a different outlook of life.

#410 ttandchotmail

ttandchotmail

title available

• Project Team
  • 849 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 06:17 AM

Ring of fate I think that's suppose to be there. I'm 99% sure they had it in the movies. :crazed:

I'd have to choose the brave option NJM ;) Athough it is cool just how much easier it is to do it the second time around ;)
No chance of returning....Zero chance of surviving....Well!? When do we get started?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#411 Gfire

Gfire

Nuju

• Project Team
  • 2,173 posts
  • Projects:Finding My Way
  •  The Perfectionist

Posted 11 November 2009 - 06:48 AM

Wow, that's awesome.

Is it easy to move units from one side to the other?
Greetings, community.

#412 khamulrulz

khamulrulz

title available

• Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 07:21 AM

on this case, ring o' fate is correct. i have checked the history of ages website, and the minas tirith images look different. they have much broader upper levels, and also have a tunnel going up from the 6th level to the 7th level. it looks more complete than njm's, but i am sure that it is only because he is not finished yet (seeing as njm has only really finished the first level, and it kicks HoA's butt). they also have buildplots on the ground for some reason.

so while the HoA mod has stolen lots of stuff from other mods, they didn't steal the njm's AWESOME minas tirith map.

on a side note, apparently they have a really good skinner, who made good beregond and beorn skins, as well as some cool elven skins (5 different skins per battalion) with nice armor for the lorien guys, and one of the mirkwood skins has a mask. their aragorn and gandalf look quite iffy though.

enough about HoA, and back to this map. it looks gorgeous
Posted Image
Posted Image

#413 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 11 November 2009 - 11:49 AM

I see... well, I assumed since they have aparantly stolen a lot of work from other mods, that this was a stolen map as well. Especially since I have NEVER seen ANY mod have a Minas Tirith map anywhere near this version??? But if NJM says it's not his, then I guess it isn't =p However, I'm not sorry for yelling at them, since they do deserve it in other aspects. I seriously doubt Robnkarla gave them permission, and I know RA mod did not give them any permission. But hey... this only proves that in the end, ppl are gonna do what they want, like a certain former n00b reminded us all of recently. Not much we can do about such things... but yell ;p

Keep up the good work NJM =)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#414 isledebananas

isledebananas
  • Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 09:17 PM

I don't wish to be too critical of the work since its amazing, but the other levels of MT look kinda of cramped. Level 1 seems really wide and then level 2 seems a bit too small. Either you won't be able to add any building objects or their won't be enough space for ground that can be used to build on level 2. Though that is just what it looks like to me.

#415 Prince of the Dark Forest

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 09:42 PM

Imagine getting a load of trebuchets on top of the 7th level on the narrow cliff bit... Annihilation to all! :xd:
Ignited into the world in a flash of lightning, it gleams faintly in the heart of its mother, wood. It begins as an ember, a mere wisp of heat and colour. Its chance of survival at this critical moment is minute, yet it fights on, against the unforgiving cold, against the depths of night and against its mortal enemy: rain.

#416 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 11 November 2009 - 11:11 PM

I don't wish to be too critical of the work since its amazing, but the other levels of MT look kinda of cramped. Level 1 seems really wide and then level 2 seems a bit too small. Either you won't be able to add any building objects or their won't be enough space for ground that can be used to build on level 2. Though that is just what it looks like to me.

Well... ;) click!

Edited by Nazgûl, 11 November 2009 - 11:12 PM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#417 isledebananas

isledebananas
  • Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 02:24 AM

Ah well then my critique is withdrawn. I guess its difficult to tell since they don't show those angles of the city often. I just wonder NJM are you going to be adding some trees and grass? In that screenshot that Nazgul showed I can see some things like that.

#418 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 10:42 PM

Grass is on my todo, in a sense but I need better reference shots Ive done a lot of research and most of the green appears to be moss growing on the mountain. so ill make adjustments accordingly:

Posted Image

I noticed on my original version I cut a lot of corners with texturing under objects, namely they still have some of the original map textures so going through and retexturing underneath things will shrink the overall size of the map and hopefully further reduce lag.

Heres how my ramps look from levels 2 -5

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#419 Guest_yams in a can being lazy_*

Guest_yams in a can being lazy_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 November 2009 - 05:14 AM

Are you a god?

#420 Prince of the Dark Forest

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 05:27 PM

I'm pretty sure he is. Looks epic. :sleep:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users