111 replies to this topic

#41 Captain of Arnor

Captain of Arnor

High-Captain of Arnor

• Members
  • 381 posts
  •  Learned student and studier of lore

Posted 21 December 2007 - 11:57 PM

Your computer might not be able to handle the graphic requirements of the game...I haven't had a problem out of it once. Could you run the original ROTWK without a problem?

'The Twilight of Man is nigh, and coming ever closer. The days have shortened into cold, forlorn darkness and sunrise to sundown is a bitter struggle for survival. But do not think for a moment that we shall not fight. We shall not go quietly into the dusk. We shall not throw down arms and flee, or surrender. We will go on, we will not falter. And even should we die, we shall make an end that will be remembered for thousands of years. For beautiful Arnor that is, for glorious Númenor that was! We are the Dúnedain, we are the Men of the North, and our foes will remember our steel!'

Formerly Lord_Faramir.

My political compass: http://www.political...=1.62&soc=-4.56 (A lot has changed.)

#42 Guest_Crusher_*

Guest_Crusher_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 December 2007 - 03:30 AM

Yea i could run ROTWK perfectly. I never had game datas. I just dont know what hte problem is.

#43 Captain of Arnor

Captain of Arnor

High-Captain of Arnor

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 22 December 2007 - 05:51 AM

And you tried reinstalling it already? I think Rob is gone somewhere, I read earlier. He could help I'm sure...I'm pretty clueless though. I'd probably try reinstalling it again. Is it only the 1.05.06 Beta? Or did it do the same thing on the previous version you used?

'The Twilight of Man is nigh, and coming ever closer. The days have shortened into cold, forlorn darkness and sunrise to sundown is a bitter struggle for survival. But do not think for a moment that we shall not fight. We shall not go quietly into the dusk. We shall not throw down arms and flee, or surrender. We will go on, we will not falter. And even should we die, we shall make an end that will be remembered for thousands of years. For beautiful Arnor that is, for glorious Númenor that was! We are the Dúnedain, we are the Men of the North, and our foes will remember our steel!'

Formerly Lord_Faramir.

My political compass: http://www.political...=1.62&soc=-4.56 (A lot has changed.)

#44 Shikari

Shikari

Allons-y!

• Project Team
  • 1,327 posts
  • Projects:RJ - RotWK
  •  2D Art

Posted 22 December 2007 - 08:28 AM

The only thing I can think of is if the original game isn't patched up to v2.01. I would have thought the mod wouldn't even load up if you hadn't done this, so I can't say I'm sure either.

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#45 Funbomb

Funbomb
  • Project Team
  • 246 posts

Posted 22 December 2007 - 01:13 PM

You can try to take out your application data then try. Then replace the one the game made and put back your old one. It's what I did.
Posted Image <---2nd Sig I Made
Posted Image <---4th
Posted Image

#46 Guest_Crusher_*

Guest_Crusher_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 December 2007 - 03:17 PM

I reinstalled the mod and sort of fixed it. I only get game datas when i play for like two hours now.

#47 Captain of Arnor

Captain of Arnor

High-Captain of Arnor

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 22 December 2007 - 04:51 PM

Games rarely last for over 2 hours, unless you're fighting like, five enemies on Brutal or something. Maybe try updating your patch. If that dosen't work, you're SOL with me, man. Sorry I can't help more, dude.

Formerly Lord_Faramir.

#48 Guest_Listercat_*

Guest_Listercat_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 December 2007 - 07:15 PM

Finally got the mod installed and it's brilliant. The only problem i have though is that if i play for a certain amount of time (about one and a half skirmish's) my game starts going slow and also if i exit the game my computer goes slow. Any help?

Still, the bits i have managed to play are awesome.

Also can't load a saved Rj campaign.

The normal RotWK works fine on my computer

#49 Guest_Crusher_*

Guest_Crusher_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 December 2007 - 08:43 PM

Games rarely last for over 2 hours, unless you're fighting like, five enemies on Brutal or something. Maybe try updating your patch. If that dosen't work, you're SOL with me, man. Sorry I can't help more, dude.

How do you update the patch?

#50 Gothmog14

Gothmog14

title available

• Project Team
  • 343 posts
  • Projects:RJ - RotWK Beta

Posted 22 December 2007 - 09:16 PM

Go: Start > All Programs > Electronic Arts > The Lord of the Rings, The Rise of the Witch King > Check for Update. If you've done this already than you should be fine.

Btw, thanks for the replay Yoda lol :lol:.

Edited by Gothmog14, 22 December 2007 - 09:16 PM.

Posted Image
Thanks to Shikari for the sig
Posted Image
Posted Image

#51 Guest_Listercat_*

Guest_Listercat_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 December 2007 - 09:57 AM

Which patch do you need 2.01- unofficial or 1.01- official

When I try to update RotWK by checking for updates it says patches are available but it can't find the files.

#52 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  Greedy capitalist and cynical bastard.

Posted 23 December 2007 - 11:07 AM

You can manually download the patch here: (English version)

http://lordofthering...l_English;78502
It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#53 Black Dragon

Black Dragon

title available

• Project Team
  • 304 posts

Posted 23 December 2007 - 03:14 PM

I wasn't sure where to put this as I can't find pinned suggestion topics. Had a few suggestions/wishlists:

1) Nazgul Scream
Is it possible to allow the Nazgul to scream without stopping and shedding the red rings? BFME 1 was so cool that Nazgul could scream whilst swooping on their targets...now it just looks silly and really makes them too vulnerable when assaulting a base.

2) Colors
I used to mod for RED ALERT 2 and I recall that you could add lots of new colors. I'm pretty sure BFME2 has the same features so is it possible that new colors could be included for skirmish/MP battles? I'm thinking along the lines of:
Navy Blue
Army Green (Rohan)
Grey
Brown
Gold

and any other color varient which would allow you to use more realistic coloring (as opposed to the bright colors existing only)

Ok thats it for now I think...

blackdragon.jpg

#54 Guest_Listercat_*

Guest_Listercat_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 December 2007 - 05:44 PM

I've got the patch and it still won't work properly.

#55 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 December 2007 - 09:09 PM

I have a problem with the mod I don´t have the shourt cut!!HELP!!!!!

#56 Rafv Nin IV

Rafv Nin IV

Vermin of Revora

• Members
  • 1,224 posts
  • Projects:RPG Frontier

Posted 24 December 2007 - 01:02 AM

To get the shortcut, you have to open your C:\RJ_ROTWK file and extract it to your desktop or wherever else you want it. I'd get rid of your old shortcut if you installed the mod before that way you don't accidentally upload 1.05.02

Posted Image

#57 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 December 2007 - 09:31 AM

But there is no shortcut and nothing there is only :
the RJ_RotWK file and there is nothing
The Instalation Readme and the other ones
and RJ_RotWK.Ink

#58 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 December 2007 - 09:38 AM

I extract the fowlder in to the C/Programs/LoRBvMRoW
thenit dont works because I dont have a shortcut
then I give it to C/Programs
It also dosent work
and then I gave it to my desktop
I dont have the shortcut
How can I install the mod I want to play!!!!!

#59 Shikari

Shikari

Allons-y!

• Project Team
  • 1,327 posts
  • Projects:RJ - RotWK
  •  2D Art

Posted 24 December 2007 - 11:03 AM

When you download the mod, there is a shortcut for it in the RAR file. Did you extract the rar file? If you didn't, you need to do this before the mod will work.

You can download winrar for free http://www.rarlab.com/. This is needed to unpack the rar archive that the mod comes in.

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#60 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 December 2007 - 11:25 AM

I say you wat I did
I have dowenload it
I opened it and i klicked on the RJ_RotWK file and I extract it to C/Programs and to C/Programs/LoRBvM2ROTW
and to the desktop when ive looked into the rar. file there was no shortcut there was only
the RJ_RotWK file and there is nothing
The Instalation Readme and the other ones
and RJ_RotWK.Ink
when ive looked into the fowlders wehre ive instractet it there was no shortcut

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users